PDA

View Full Version : .naf file format?

Teny
12-05-2005, 06:11 PM
My friend wanted me to try and download something, but when I did I can't play it since it's in a .naf file format, but I have no idea how to get that to like work, anyone got any ideas?

Dogoku
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
em try opening it in notepad for starters. What was it suppose to be? audio, video, text, zip/rar, image, other? If you know that, try opening it with an application which opens most formats (WMP - audio/video, notepad/wordpad - text, photoshop - images, winrar - rar/zip, notepad for anything else and see if you can make anything of it)

Or just the send the link if you want and i can play around with it too

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
i think u should try to find a software (sorry i fogot what does it call) that can open files... for example like to open .rar file u need winrar ... if i have more info i'll let u know :D right now im not at home :D

Teny
12-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh, thanks.
and uh you don't want that file.. My friend gave it to me and he can get.. a big weird.., But I did see a site with some things I wanted in that format, videos, but I did find out a bit more about it.
Like.
http://www.mobiusdigitalvideo.com/about.html
Is the name of the site and apparentely they have software used to create that format.
And also, when you have an unknown file extension..
Like I was wondering.. Umm.. Yeah I was wondering like.. When you can sometimes choose a default program to open that file extension with, how do you undo that?
Like make it so taht no program opens that file extension?

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
uninstall the program try that ...

Teny
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Uh no that's not quite wht I meant.
When you have a file format you have no program to open it with, you'll get somrthing like"Choose correct program using internet explorer" Or browse, I chose browse and selected the VLC player.
So, what now..?

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
sorry i post at wrong website :D sorry sorry sorry

Dogoku
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
sorry i post at wrong website :D sorry sorry sorry

although it is a way to solve it :P

well actually i never thought about it. If i wanted an extension not to be played by a program i'd always wanted to be played by a different program. I never needed the extension not to be played at all

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
sometime that works but not all the times

Teny
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
True dat, but I accidentally did this and now I have no clue as to what I need to do to make it work.

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 07:17 PM
okie let's try this
try to remember all the steps u done since u recieved the files
post it up and maybe it can gives us a little clue

Dogoku
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
True dat, but I accidentally did this and now I have no clue as to what I need to do to make it work.

did what? uninstalled?

Teny
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Ok, lilgirl.
You're so helpful.
:D
But ok, so I downloaded that file, but then it was .naf
I tried to play it with the VLC player, but then it didn't work, so then I tried all sorts of stuff, but then I downloaded this thing called ZipGenuis, and this. Wlel it's a compression file, so I used it and created a .zip form of that file, and when I opened it up I got NeoAeon.rm
So, when this was compressed the format changed.
And then when i tried to play it however it said that the filetype was unknown or the file was corrupted, and it's not a file, I doubt it.

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 07:22 PM
okie try this go to the file property and try to changed the file type

Dogoku
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
hmm strange. So let me get this. You compressed it with ZipGenius and when you opened then newly created zip, you got an .rm file, instead of the .naf file?

or did you open it with ZipGenius (assuming that the .naf file was something compressed) ?

Dogoku
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
try putting it throught the analyzer in this page. it might give u something back

http://mark0.net/onlinetrid.aspx

well i searched a bunch of file extension websites, but none of them know what a .naf extension is

anywayz good luck

Teny
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
The first one was right.
And also, how do I change thr format by doing the file property thing?
Since the guy who uploaded the files said that when you download them, change them from .naf
to .rm

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
u mean the steps to changed or what?

Teny
12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
The steps I took to change it, but also that site you gave Goku doesn';t work, and lil girl, how do I change files?
Man, I'm going to be one busy person tonight.
I have to study for a test that's tomorrow, but also I have to like.. get some other thing done.

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
okie go read on your PM that's just the basic changing if is still not working then i'll email u an software to change files

Teny
12-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh it's alright you guys, my friend made it up, so bassically what it does is that it changes the default name of the file, .naf changes .rm and .rar to .naf files
It's really one or the other.

lilxvietxgurlx
12-05-2005, 08:20 PM
oh sorry i couldn't help u with anything :(

Teny
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
That's ok e just changed the name of the file because it was.. Like better that way to upload it or something, but I still don't get it, that program might ocme in handy though.
Laters.
I better study.

Dogoku
12-06-2005, 10:29 AM
i was about to tell you. The extension does not matter. That's why i said try opening the file with different programs. (you were not listening,well reading actually)

E.g i can take an .mp3 and rename it to .dogoku or .teny and try to open it with a media player which can play mp3s and with perfectly play it. This is because extensions are used to identify the contents of the file, they are not part of the files data

Oh and the VLC can play .rm right? if it does then it should have opened the file from the beginning.

Teny
12-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Well.. Stupid AIM!!!
Deleted my post!!
but yeah, anyway, so yeah, the thing is loike..
I know that, and when I got the file it was .NAF since my friend wasn't able to upload .avis or anything.
So, the file was actually a RAR file, but since I didn't have it, the file was like that, but now when I download a file, I have to rar it, and then open it up and I'll get a NAF file insode, but also a folder, and inside of that is what I need.
Thanks anyway though, this was helpful in a way.

Dogoku
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
So, the file was actually a RAR file, but since I didn't have it, the file was like that, but now when I download a file, I have to rar it, and then open it up and I'll get a NAF file insode, but also a folder, and inside of that is what I need.
Thanks anyway though, this was helpful in a way.

Did you try just renaming the .naf files to .rar files?

I think it would work without going through all that, that you mentioned

Teny
12-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I still don't get why though.. Changing the file name doesn't do anything, but all I did was like.. Well it works sometimes.. if you rename it, it'll still be abc.rm.NAF
But then if you zip it and open it, you'll get what's in the acrhive.