PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lee vs Neji

Kage
01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Let's get ready to Rruuummmmbbbllleeee!

The Rock vs. The Eyes (Between a Rock and a Hard attitude)

If Rock would have drawn Neji's name (Alternative Universe).. knowing what we now know about them...

Rock- Opening the Gates and taking off his weights, hand-to-hand techniques.

Neji- Whirl, hand-to-hand techniques (since Rock does not really use chakra the same I won't say his jutsu techniques are useful).

Who do you think would have won?

----

(Again, knowing what you know) How about these "B" match-ups from Konoha?

Hinata vs Sakura

Ino vs. Tenten

Shino vs. Kiba

Shikamaru vs. Choji

solk
01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
i think neji would win, specially after seeing him fight in episode 116-117

Kage
01-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen that yet, still trying to find a stable place to D/L it from. ;9

Merciless
01-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Neji vs. Rock...I feel Rock wud win, hard work gun pay off...eventually

Sakura vs. Hinata...Sakura, she trainin unda Tsunade; medic techniques plus de supa strength

Ino vs. Tenten....I wud back Tenten

Shino vs. Kiba...Shino wud torment Kiba

Shikamaru vs. Chouji...Shika wud most likely throw in the towel

SilentShadow
01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Rock= He has no charka to seal, making Gentle Fist useless.

Hinata= She could have beaten Neji if she had put her hind to it, so Sakura is a walk in the park

Ino= She could just control TenTen's mind and have her stab herself. Many. Many. Times.

Shino= He's indestructible (think about it. His entire body is made out of D. Bugs), not to mention smarter and more :cool: than Kiba.

Shikmaru= Preform Shadow Bind. GG Chouji.

uchiha_itachi10
01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I think Neji will win he has tenten and the 64 hit and has byakugan which can detect rock lee's speed and cancel out the 8 gates by stopping the chakra , and rock lee cant use ninjitsu so its over ,

Sasukekun9
01-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I think neji will win with his devine punishment 128 pokes

Veggie-Kun
01-08-2005, 02:42 PM
ya Neji will definitly win!

mini
01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
neji =] sexy vs eyebrows lol

minimiki
01-08-2005, 02:57 PM
i say neji ^_^

crewshiukaz
01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
um...Neji has the Byakugan..GAME OVER

Hooded_Ninja
01-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Hinata= She could have beaten Neji if she had put her himd to it, so Sakura is a walk in the park

Dude, she put in all she had, didn't you notice? Neji was just more experienced, stronger, etc. He was even about to kill her hadn't the Jounin stopped him.

kidistight
01-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Let's get ready to Rruuummmmbbbllleeee!

The Rock vs. The Eyes (Between a Rock and a Hard attitude)

If Rock would have drawn Neji's name (Alternative Universe).. knowing what we now know about them...

Rock- Opening the Gates and taking off his weights, hand-to-hand techniques.

Neji- Whirl, hand-to-hand techniques (since Rock does not really use chakra the same I won't say his jutsu techniques are useful).

Who do you think would have won?

Just a little point of clarification eventhough this is an Alternative Universe, Neji didn't have his whirlwind thing yet, and we know that because we saw him learning and practicing the move with Ten Ten. I think Rock Lee would have won because of his speed, Neji wouldn't have a counter to it. He barely countered Naruto's speed which he coudl see.

I think Neji will win he has tenten and the 64 hit and has byakugan which can detect rock lee's speed and cancel out the 8 gates by stopping the chakra , and rock lee cant use ninjitsu so its over ,
Actually no Byakugan can't detect speed it lets the user see great distances, as well as see the tiny pores that emit chakra. I will give him credit his 64 hit attack will hurt Lee, but Lee can always shut off his pain gate.

HYUGAA Gambit
01-09-2005, 04:33 PM
neji would quickly eliminate rock lee with the swirl move

noxide
01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Its called kaiten. And rock lee would stand no chance against neji with his byakugan and powerful moves

HYUGAA Gambit
01-09-2005, 06:21 PM
that is right and if he opened up the gates wouldn't it take chakra to do that so maybe he has it but does not know how to use it?

noxide
01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I dont think it does but then he wouldnt be able to move after he gets hit buy nejis divination move

kidistight
01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
It seems that taking into account why people think Neji would win is negated by the simple fact Neji DOESN'T KNOW KAITEN in the prelims.

nelsonkong
01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
That is interesting...I like both of them and don't really want to see anyone of them going down. But if i have to choose, I will vote for Neji.

k-strife
01-09-2005, 10:04 PM
i'd say rock would win. sure neji can see rock lee but he can't match the speed. Remember when sasuke was fighting rock?? he could see rock but there was no way he could catch up with rock's speed. And remember when Neji sealed off Naruto's chakra?? What happened?? he used more :P i think if Rock were to open his gates it would be of the same effect as Naruto using his kyuubi chakra since it is an overflow of chakra.

Oh and also to correct this:
Ino= She could just control TenTen's mind and have her stab herself. Many. Many. Times.

No... If she controlled TenTen's mind and stabbed herself, her original body would be damaged also. Remember the episode where they're in the chuunin exams and they're fighting the sound ninjas??

issuedman
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
ROCK LEE!!! This would be such a good match... I think Lee would beat Neji though, those gates would be killer. Im still a little pissed that he didnt kill Gaara with them.

aZnDeaDMaN
01-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Lee cant even touch Neji when his using Kaiten!!

noxide
01-10-2005, 02:17 AM
yeah but he can only spin for a certain amount of time before lee can strike

chidori_master
01-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Neji and Lee.. It would be a great match.. I think Rock Lee would win.. Rock lee has the stamina, speed and power... Neji may see lee movements by his byakugan but he could not move as fast as lee.. Remember Lee beats the absolute defense of Gaara by his marvelous speed, So Even Neji would use his Kaiten.. he could not use it all the time... that would make Lee's advantage and get him and perform Lotus...

Kiarae
01-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I think that Neji would win hands down, unless he did something really unforgivable in Lee's eyes. Like...talking badly about Sakura...yeah, that'd make him mad. Really mad.

ATM
01-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Neji would give him a beat down....

itachi41
01-10-2005, 05:13 AM
neji rocks did uses chakra ... when u see he unlocked the fifth gate there are blue colour stuff surrounding him thats chakra and the gates are chakra limiters so if you open it u make ur chakra even more ... so neji will yea especially after episode 116-117

hinata
tenten
kiba
chouji shika said it himself

h4kk3
01-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Neji would definitely win in a battle with Rock Lee, his chakra controling is amazing, he can easily outsmart Lee.

kmb
01-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Without any other jutsu, Rock Lee will lose to Neji

noxide
01-12-2005, 06:36 AM
thats the reason he was planing to use the technique

OnA Virus
01-12-2005, 06:42 AM
The main difference between the two is that Rock Lee is 99% physical, I'm only excluding the way he was taught to open the gates to increase chakra flow. But I feel that Neji's 128 point technique alone could keep it a good match, though not make him the victor. However Neji's got Byakugan, his 360 degree chakra shield, and a number of other abilities that would enable him to OWN Lee.

noxide
01-12-2005, 06:55 AM
The main difference between the two is that Rock Lee is 99% physical, I'm only excluding the way he was taught to open the gates to increase chakra flow. But I feel that Neji's 128 point technique alone could keep it a good match, though not make him the victor. However Neji's got Byakugan, his 360 degree chakra shield, and a number of other abilities that would enable him to OWN Lee.

If neji did do his 128 point technique he would most likely win because there is a very high chance that he may damage some of lees internal organs

kakashi_00x000
01-13-2005, 08:45 AM
neji is a lot cooler then rock lee, so he should win.....he's also strong.

sabakunoGaara
01-13-2005, 12:50 PM
it would be a very tough match because Lee's speed is amazingly fast. but for example in his fight against Gaara we saw his speed really helped him alot but in the end who won? Gaara right? so its possible to beat the speed...
neji as we saw is strong, smart and he has a lot of stamina, so i think he would win but u know...i wouldn't be so surprised if Lee won.
as for the Sakura vs Hinata thing....i dont think sakura stands much of a chance... Hinata got stronger after her fight with Neji and she is capable of more and im sure sooner or later they'll show us that she learned new moves and stuff...
Ino vs Tenten...lol im not sure who would win but i think and i hope it would be Tenten.
Kiba vs Shino...well we haven't seen much of shino really but i think he is actually very strong and he would kick Kiba and Akamaru's butts...
and well....shika and Chouji... shika would know how to win but he would give up.
http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/kakashi.jpg
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com (http://www.naruto-kun.com)

Kage
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
ok my opinions

Neiji-Lee Winner - Lee (with or without Kaiten, Lee could strike and move out of the way before Neiji could strike him)

Sakura-Hinata - Winner - Sakura (Hinata is my girl, but the confidence is a factor and Sakura is a smarter fighter - although limited. If Hinata struck her enough, then the ability to mold chakra would be a factor, but Sakura does not seem to rely on it much anyway.)

Ino-Tenten - Winner Tenten (Ino does not seem to be more then a one-trick pony, Tenten's scrolls and weapons would make it a short fight)

Kiba vs Shino - Winner Shino (Tough fight, although the chakra draining bugs would be the main factor, although the pills would cause the fight to be more interesting and longer than it would be normally, again, knowledge plays a factor and Shino is the smarter fighter)

Shika vs Chouji - Winner Shika (Shika is obviously the smart fighter, he perhaps would be a one trick pony without the brain, I can't say that Jutsu would win the day for him, but I am sure he would calculate a strat that would beat Chouji)

- Kage

(Considering that they are not using lethal force/jutsu techniques!)

heartthrob_god
01-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Tie perhaps, they're both good .... lee and neji are both strong in taijutsus

Willis
01-14-2005, 09:35 PM
I chose Rock Lee. Neji is definitely a tough opponent, and yes his Byakugan is quite useful, but it's not perfect and as shown in the previous episode, has it's weaknesses; one being the blind spot. Although Neji has been labled as a 'genius', he can still be defeated. Like Lee always says, "A Genius can be defeated by hard work." I believe that.

Meteorain27
01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Lee will win if he uses his Reverse Lotus, but if he doesn't use that I doubt he would win.

kidistight
01-15-2005, 01:00 PM
it would be a very tough match because Lee's speed is amazingly fast. but for example in his fight against Gaara we saw his speed really helped him alot but in the end who won? Gaara right? so its possible to beat the speed...
neji as we saw is strong, smart and he has a lot of stamina, so i think he would win but u know...i wouldn't be so surprised if Lee won.
Actually Lee only lost to Gaara because Gaara's other defense shielded his landing, unlike Gaara's absolute defense Neji to our knowledge can't do it in midair for long periods of time if at all, also we don't know if Neji's whirlwind attack can safely land him on the ground, so he would have taken the full impact if Lee hit him with Primary Lotus.. Another thing to keep in mind is that Gaara had two different defenses working for him something Neji does not have, so even if he did know the whirlwind attack he can't do it forever since he is controlling such a large area of chakra. Again I will reiterate that Neji didn't know his whirlwind technique in the prelimns, so that move and all the people basicing his victory on that are null and void.

Edit: Hate to keep adding to it, but I don't want to double post.

Kage
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Pretty amazing, the vote is divided right down the middle! It would have been an awesome fight!

drbazy1069
02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
i think rock lee needs to get much stronger in order to beat neiji i mean neiji has just kept on improving

godzilla-j
02-10-2005, 08:08 PM
neji probly. but if it did happen that would be very fun

Gallean
02-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Yup...

I agree with kidistight and some of the guys who posted previously.... Lee would stand a chance of winning. Sure, Neji has the Byakugan, but can he KEEP UP with Lee's speed? Lee can easily strike and move out of the way before Neji's dangerous fingers even contact with any part of his (Lee's) body. Even if Neji used the kaiten (assuming he already knew how to use kaiten at that time), kaiten uses up a LOT of chakra....so it's only a matter of time of Lee making Neji waste his chakra before Neji gets weakened by using kaiten a lot-->then Lee goes in for the kill. Even if Lee's speed also uses up a lot of stamina, I'm guessing Neji will get tired faster due to lack of chakra compared to Lee getting low on stamina because Lee is used to the fast movement....and it's not like Neji performs the kaiten several times, every single day for practice....

Wow....if what kidistight says is true....then Neji learned his kaiten within a month?! that's amazing....but I've always thought he knew that move early on...but didn't really think he'd use it in the prelims....so I don't think what kidistight is absolutely true though...there might be other theories which hit the spot...

If we remember, Tenten said that during Neji's fight with Naruto, he (Neji) finally became serious....so it would be logical to think that it was possible that he already knew kaiten even during the prelims, yet decided not to use it because he saw Hinata as not enough of a challenge for him to have to use kaiten.....and I think this theory has a great possibility of being true... :)

On another point, I don't agree with what some people mentioned above regarding Lee winning because it doesn't really matter if his tenketsus are pressed since he didnt really need chakra anyway (being a pure taijutsu user). Being unable to use chakra due to closed tenketsus is merely ONE SIDE EFFECT of Neji's jyuuken...first and foremost, those finger stabs HAVE GOT TO HURT. That much amount of force (as opposed to a simple punch, which scatters the force on a large surface area) concentrated upon a small surface area (tips of 2-3 fingers) would really deliver kick ass pain on the nerves...seriously...if you dont believe me, try stabbing your chest/stomache with two fingers...:D So....if you get stabbed like that for 64 (or 128) times, the pain throughout your body has GOT to immobilize you at least (e.g. make standing or moving difficult or almost impossible).

--> Naruto is a rare exception since he has the Nine-Tailed Fox inside him, so he heals pretty fast and is quite resistant to pain and physical damage...

I'm thinking...if Neji, with all his abilities, possessed the speed of Lee without his weights.....my god....super assassin.... it would be like chidori without having to use chakra!!! Neji is SO amazing...and I am sooo jealous....

hotohori
02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Yo Gallean, that was one hell of a long post. (But as expected from you, my frend) :D

And I agree with you on a lot of what u said. Even though Lee's got the speed and taijutsu skills, you can't forget that Neji isnt a slacker in that area either. So that alone would probably make them on a more or less even keel. Plus the fact that Neji's a genius - a fighter who also thinks - I think that no matter what, Neji would have thought of a way to defeat Lee.

kidistight
02-11-2005, 08:12 AM
...On another point, I don't agree with what some people mentioned above regarding Lee winning because it doesn't really matter if his tenketsus are pressed since he didnt really need chakra anyway (being a pure taijutsu user). Being unable to use chakra due to closed tenketsus is merely ONE SIDE EFFECT of Neji's jyuuken...first and foremost, those finger stabs HAVE GOT TO HURT. That much amount of force (as opposed to a simple punch, which scatters the force on a large surface area) concentrated upon a small surface area (tips of 2-3 fingers) would really deliver kick ass pain on the nerves...seriously...if you dont believe me, try stabbing your chest/stomache with two fingers...:D So....if you get stabbed like that for 64 (or 128) times, the pain throughout your body has GOT to immobilize you at least (e.g. make standing or moving difficult or almost impossible)....
First off thanks for seeing things my way although I do disagree with you on the tenketsus part. When we saw Neji hit Naruto's tenketsus we saw chakra come out the other side of him. I think that Neji is sending chakra through people which will definitely have a bad effect on them, which would give Lee trouble.

Gallean
02-12-2005, 03:07 AM
First off thanks for seeing things my way although I do disagree with you on the tenketsus part. When we saw Neji hit Naruto's tenketsus we saw chakra come out the other side of him. I think that Neji is sending chakra through people which will definitely have a bad effect on them, which would give Lee trouble.

Yup... you're right kidistight....I've just realized this recently though...Neji DOES damage his opponents' bodies by stabbing chakra through them. I reviewed his fight with the spider guy and when I saw the scene where it was explained and shown how Neji released a small "dagger-like" chakra projection from two of his fingers to cut the webs, I understood those were probably the things he stabbed his enemies with....yeah...stabbing with the fingers physically would hurt...but it is the chakra released from the fingers/palm that deals the massive internal damage to the body's systems and would eventually cripple them... (so Lee would obviously be in deep s**t if those fingers of Neji connected with him)

PLUS.... when he sent the chakra (only- with no physical stabbing) through the web and into the spider guy's body, it was more than enough to damage his internal organs....so that reinforces the explanation that it really IS the chakra that deals the great amount of damage. :) The physical stabbing that Neji did afterwards was just bonus (e.g. to make sure that the opponent would NOT possibly stand up again)

hotohori: I totally agree. Despite all odds, I know Neji is a brilliant strategist (owing to his being a genius and all...) and in any confrontation, he will eventually find a strategy to employ...so even if he might initially be disadvantaged in a fight, there is still a big probability he will be triumphant in then end.... (besides, I'm a Neji fan...so hell, I WANT him to win in all his fights! :P)

On another note.... when I was watching the episode where Neji fought the spider guy, I suddenly felt kinda philosophical when he said something about knowing more about his weakness than anyone else....and I was really impressed by that.... Personally, I think his admitting that would make him a genius in my eyes...not many people would want to admit their weaknesses or limitations...so although Neji is being praised as a genius by many people, and he KNOWS that he's an awesome ninja (compared with others), he doesn't entirely delude himself into thinking that he's invincible...and that I think is very impressive- of him and of anyone who does that, I mean. Because when you DO compare Neji's over all abilities with other ninjas in the series (not merely limited to Genins), he is the CLOSEST thing to having an impenetrable defense (or a perfect balance between offense and defense) over anyone else, even Tenten admits this. Without his "small" weakness, Neji would be invincible as a character, and I think it was necessary that the writers inserted a limiting factor to his amazing list of skills...balancing and stuff...hehe

Anyway...the beginning of brilliance and wisdom I think, is when you truly know and acknowledge your own limitations in life- when you confront the metaphorical "wall" that says "this is where your greatness stops"....

Ok...I think I'm babbling already...I have to stop before I start writing a thesis here... :D

Beckkoyuki
02-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Of course Neji will win..Neji used any kind of jutsu.He also has advantage with his Byakugan...not like Rock Lee...he only capable in Taijutsu..maybe Lee is right.."A Genius can be defeated by hard work."But, can he keep up with a Genius with hard work too..like Neji..p/s:After Neji was defeated by Naruto..He convinced himself..if he want a title Genius to himself..he won't lose to anybody..as a promise to his dad..

Hooded_Ninja
02-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Yup, and Lee was incapable of training because of his leg. But it's the same with Kakashi and Gai. Kakashi (genius) and Gai (dropout). Yet Gai is stronger than Kakashi now, and this proves that Lee does have a chance of defeating Neji, if not now, then in the future.

sabakunoGaara
02-12-2005, 09:12 AM
And I agree with you on a lot of what u said. Even though Lee's got the speed and taijutsu skills, you can't forget that Neji isnt a slacker in that area either. So that alone would probably make them on a more or less even keel. Plus the fact that Neji's a genius - a fighter who also thinks - I think that no matter what, Neji would have thought of a way to defeat Lee.

yeah i think u just said the right thing..ok so rock lee has amazing speed and amazing taijutsu but it doesnt mean finish thats it...i mean neji does know how to fight!!!!! and the whole hard work beats genious is true but the difference is that neji is a genius AND a hard worker

HBRK300
02-12-2005, 07:44 PM
well crewshiukaz thats not true all rock needs to do is take off the weights on his legs so his Byakugan is pretty much useless if he cant block it will be dumb luck if he can manage to hit him but even if he does manage to seal what little chakara he has it wont make much of a difference because almost all of his attacks dont need chakara because dur dur he cant use ninjitsu dur dur rock would win hands down!!

Gallean
02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
well crewshiukaz thats not true all rock needs to do is take off the weights on his legs so his Byakugan is pretty much useless if he cant block it will be dumb luck if he can manage to hit him but even if he does manage to seal what little chakara he has it wont make much of a difference because almost all of his attacks dont need chakara because dur dur he cant use ninjitsu dur dur rock would win hands down!!

Ummm....I think kidistight and I answered that point above already..... even though Rock Lee does not use ninjutsus, hence doing away with the need for a lot of chakra, Rock Lee would still be seriously hurt if Neji's fingers connect with any part of Lee's body, regardless of whether Lee's tenketsus will be closed or not. The "targetting and closing" of the tenketsus on the body of the enemy is merely one goal. Even though Neji may hit his opponent's body without aiming for any specific tenketsu, the chakra he releases through his fingers/palm would still deliver massive internal damage.

Also about the "not being able to block" thingie, i initially thought that too, but I realized Neji can always use his kaiten to deal with this. If he sees that Rock is approaching, it is easy to activate his kaiten almost instantaneously. So my theory would be...Lee's chance is to wait for Neji to use up all his chakra reserves in using kaiten before he moves in for the kill....but then again, that's just my theory....Neji can probably come up with another plan if this happens anyway...since he's a good strategist too....

Hooded_Ninja: Mite Gai was a dropout?! I didnt really see Gai as exactly like Rock Lee. Although he is very strong in taijutsu, I've always thought he could still use ninjutsus- only that he chooses not to, since his forte really is taijutsu.... Is it mentioned in the manga that he's like Lee (pure taijutsu no nin or gen)? The anime doesn't mention it....plus Gai managed to use a genjutsu dispelling technique during the chuunin exams...remember?

narutonegi
02-18-2005, 01:20 AM
negi will win plain and simple becuase he is almost as fast as him with the 128 points of divinity and he has byakugan and hes getting stronger because of what happened between naruto and him he will actually try and be confident with himself

won1
02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
i think rock will wim becasue neji wouldnt be able to keep up with rock snice he is too fast like how sasuke want able to keep up with rock wen they first founght

sabakunoGaara
02-19-2005, 01:40 AM
i think rock will wim becasue neji wouldnt be able to keep up with rock snice he is too fast like how sasuke want able to keep up with rock wen they first founght

Rock Lee has always been fighting Neji with the speed he fought sasuke with. remeber they keep telling us that lee always wanted to beat him but couldnt...so i dont think that Neji wont be able to keep up unless he would have lost to lee by now. im sure through the training he found a way to keep up or atleast avoid getting hit.

horus
02-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I believe Neji would Defeat Rock Lee

Fierce
03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm going to go with Rock Lee, only because of his speed though. Though Neji can see every side of his body, and chakra flow...Lee's speed will overwhelm him. Just because Neji can see it coming, doesn't mean he can make his body react in time. Lee's got the 5 gates, opposed to Neji's Byakugan. But if Neji can't touch Lee, he stands no chance.

Uchiha Kaede
03-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Rock Lee has good speed and taijutsu but neji has hyuuga style taijutsu, chakra sealing ability and eyes with a 360 degree vision, also he has dat shield watever. neji can just keep spinning nad rock lee cant do damage.

|tachi
03-07-2005, 05:59 AM
But Neji is able to open Five Chakra gates..Maybe if he train more.,he'll be able to open all eight gates...This'll made him super powerful....Just refer back to the preliminary Chuunin exam matches where Lee fought against Gaara.,when he opened the five gates.,Neji looks somewhat surprised....