PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you like better: manga or anime?

Typhoon
01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I personally prefer to watch anime over manga, because there are sounds, animations, music etc. I think anime is more alive and it's a bit more interesting, but then I also don't mind reading manga.

nma
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I like the manga better. Its come straight from the creator and has a lot emotion to it. And they always find a way to screw up with the anime. Like FMA for example, they changed so much things in the anime and the ending was completly differnt. The FMA anime is good but manga was way better. Anywho, manga > anime.

mini
01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
anime in some cases manga like bleach manga is better

nelsonkong
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Anime for me, it is more real and better visualisation, but kinda slow. Manga is more advance.

kazu_chan
01-13-2005, 08:27 AM
yeah it also depends for me cause the manga comes out faster and sumtimes is better than the anime but overall i would like anime cause u can see the characters fight in more detail....and lots of special effects make the scenes better than just black and white manga

Mistress_sfc
01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
I like the fighting scenes better in anime, because of the sounds and special effects. But manga isn't that bad either, since it really comes straight from the creator like nma said.

Greetsssszzz!

[Daisuke]
01-13-2005, 09:07 AM
For me it really depends on what mood I'm in. They both have certain aspects which appeal more at times, like Mangas have faster paced storylines which you can read at your own speed, whereas with animes you're sometimes forced to go a bit faster than you'd like to. Mangas can also take more detail into account with the drawings and are usually more visually stunning. Let's take akira for example. That's in 6 books, and these are big books. But the film, the first three books are told within about 90 minutes, and the last half hour is severely rushed and spoilt if you've read the books as they just cram it all in. As with most book to film conversions, you lose a lot of the story as it's hard to fit it all in. But there we go :)

Mistress_sfc
01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes I agree with you Daisuke. It also depends on what mood I'm in. Anime sometimes has a really fast pace regarding to storyline and this can be quite annoying. But manga can sometimes be TOO slow as well.
But I like both anime and manga anyway.

Dint
01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Hmmmmm, Anime :)
Just because of the animations, sounds, etc, etc...

But I like manga too though.. ;)

Ishida Uuryu
01-15-2005, 12:35 AM
manga!!! cause anime mostly skip some parts of da manga :p

Chaoskid13
05-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I can't tell the difference. Can some1 help me out with this question???

Rath
05-05-2006, 09:18 PM
It really depends on what you spend more time on and whether it's in both anime and manga versions.

I personally like manga much more since i can appreciate the artists intentions of the character, and nobody can add on any new info (like fillers). I have to say the majority of good anime come from original manga. I could go on forever but I just like reading manga as well as any other type of graphic novel

diane_cheeze
05-06-2006, 12:37 AM
I can't tell the difference. Can some1 help me out with this question???

Manga - comic book type... so u gotta read it

Anime - shown on TV so u watch it...

So, do u rather read an anime? or watch it on TV?

Sometimes Manga explains more than the TV Series too.. and its not as draggy as a TV Series..

i personally enjoy anime TV series more as i enjoy the music together with all the emotions and actually WATCHING something happen like the fighting scenes.. something than i feel the manga does not capture as well as the tv series..

however, manga usually explains more in depth and moves faster than the anime.. so at times its frustrating when the anime is slow or in between seasons.. cant stand the waiting time! when this happens, at times i'll hunt down the manga or d/l... :)

white flash
05-06-2006, 12:41 AM
almost every anime ive known i read the manga first so manga

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
05-06-2006, 12:55 AM
I love the manga rather then the anime, but in some cases like Elfen Lied the anime is btter.

rasengangt
05-06-2006, 02:15 AM
i like the anime better cause you get to hear and see the animation, but sometimes the anime adds in unnecessary stuff that changes the original intention of the manga

Kyoko-_**
05-06-2006, 03:37 AM
I think I wold choose the manga... some things are seen in the manga but aren't seen in the anime...

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
05-06-2006, 03:38 AM
I think I wold choose the manga... some things are seen in the manga but aren't seen in the anime...
Yeah, like Yuki from Gravitation being raped. <_<

demonchildXX
05-06-2006, 04:24 AM
hmm...i guess it depends on my mood...but i'll go with anime...it's true, the anime is different than the manga and they changed a lot of things from the manga, and i don't like that idea either but...i still think the anime is fun...besides, i have way more fun watching naruto rather than reading it...

nemesisKing
05-07-2006, 09:20 AM
i prefer manga,the story is good

Smeeeeee
05-07-2006, 11:13 AM
both in a different way. i like to watch the anime first then read the manga to see what the anime missed.

mimha
05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
hmm...i like anime most...

hinata_tropical
05-07-2006, 11:30 AM
havnt read the manga so anime

Demon_Of_Mist_Zabuza
05-07-2006, 01:03 PM
anime, an example is naruto. the anime they can actualy move and talk with you actualy HEARING, and anime has music. mange has nothing like that, and sometimes i get lost in comics..... :s

yata
05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
All of you poeple stop posting! This is all spam! Take a look, that chaos member botted this thread up, it had not been posted in for a year.

Freshgrease
05-07-2006, 11:33 PM
No bumping of dead threads. (Replying to a -dead- thread)
Some threads die away, leave them with a happy grave. There is an obvious reason their dead.
I suggest a new thread being made.
-closed-