PDA

View Full Version : naruto licensed?!?

Hinata_san
01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
recently i saw this news on dagree anime that naruto might be licensed in the USA by Geneon you can see more info about on http://degree-anime.com/

strider4545
01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
OMG! they keep taking the things most presious to us. First Napster, and now NARUTO?!?!?! why i ask you why must they prejudice against us so =( but then again i cant blame them we are costing the anime people millinons of dollars and yen

nma
01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
recently i saw this news on dagree anime that naruto might be licensed in the USA by Geneon you can see more info about on http://degree-anime.com/
Thats not true. This was on www.narutofan.com

Well since there is no Naruto manga release this week again, or for that matter until around January 31st, I just thought I would comment on something that has been flooded to my PM inbox all week long. There is currently an internet report about anime piracy that says, "...A simple search resulted in dozens of sites still hosting links or information on how to download anime titles such as the "Ghost in the Shell" TV series and even programs such as "Naruto," currently on air in Japan and slated for future U.S. release." Now, later in the article a spokesperson from Geneon Entertainment speaks, somehow giving people the idea that Geneon has licensed the series, despite there also being comments from other companies.

Now firstly, there is no US license held for Naruto. A license has not been announced, and I'm quite positive a large company would not announce the licensing of a major anime series to a small media outlet in an article about anime piracy. This type of thing is usually held off until anime conventions at press conferences. Nonetheless I did contact Geneon Entertainment and they did not comment. But I think common sense tells you the answer to this mystery. Will Naruto eventually come to the USA? Yes, it inevitably will most likely in the next year or two. Will it now? No.

H_I
01-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the Good info. NMA. But i see its time to lock this up Be4 we get 1,000,000
Conspiracy theories on when it will be licensed.