PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and the various gates

kidistight
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Yup here I go with another hypothetical question, I am watching episode 50 right now to back up some info I said in another post, which got me wondering. If Naruto opened the 8 gates it would leave him in a weakened state correct we don't dispute that fact, we all saw what happened when Lee did it. My question/what if is this if Naruto opened them on his own without the power of the 9 tails, if he get upset and had Kyuubi heal his wounds instantly like when he fought Haku, could he open them again and be even stonger since it would be him and Kyuubi unlocking the gates, essentially opening up the flood gates on all of Kyuubi's power. What does everyone think?

h4kk3
01-15-2005, 01:38 PM
If he did open his gates, he would obviously become stronger, including the power of the kyuubi, he would be unstopable, no one can beat him then.

Ayami
01-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I think Naruto will suffer like what happened to Lee. Anyway, who would teach him that? (Almost) Every one who could know that Naruto has the Nine Tails.

sufiankane
01-15-2005, 04:08 PM
maybe jiraiya will delibetrately not teach him, he knows rasengan, kyubi and the gates...if he goes evil who will stop him????

masterq
01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
maybe jiraiya will delibetrately not teach him, he knows rasengan, kyubi and the gates...if he goes evil who will stop him????

jiraiya probrally doesn't know how to unlock gates and if he was afraid of naruto turning evil why would he train him at all and how could naruto turn evil.

abedin
01-15-2005, 10:05 PM
not everyone could just open the gates.. like kakashi said... lee is a genius afterall.. naruto probably can't open the gates

hatorihonzo1
01-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't think Kakashi or Jiraiya would teach him the 8-gates techniques because they are way too dangerous and could still kill somebody. Healing Naruto after the 8th is open really isn't an option because if you're dead, you're dead!!!

Hooded_Ninja
01-16-2005, 03:39 AM
True, but wasn't the 4th able to open to the gates too?

kidistight
01-16-2005, 10:18 AM
not everyone could just open the gates.. like kakashi said... lee is a genius afterall.. naruto probably can't open the gates
I am pretty sure Naruto can open the gates, there isn't much that he can't do if he tries.

I think Naruto will suffer like what happened to Lee. Anyway, who would teach him that? (Almost) Every one who could know that Naruto has the Nine Tails.
But my question or comment was could the 9 tails heal him instantly if he did end up like Lee.

abedin
01-17-2005, 01:18 AM
i just don't think naruto is capable of opening the gates... he's kind of moron.. haha

kidistight
01-17-2005, 09:06 AM
i just don't think naruto is capable of opening the gates... he's kind of moron.. haha
He maybe a moron but he is getting better and better with time, he knows what dangers lie ahead of him and when the time comes he knows that he is going to need to know every trick in the book to beat them. Jiraiya knows this as well Kakashi also, by him knowing how to open such gates will only help him in these fights to come oneday.

ondu
01-17-2005, 10:32 AM
very difficult to say..i think he should not learn the the kinjutsu..it does not match his style of fighting.Lee needs speed for the taijutsu.naruto needs power n brains...if lee fights sasuke with a 2nd level cursed seal,he a goner.i'm not a big fan of sasuke but the kid has pedigree.sasuke will totally win the match.

i guess naruto has to learn from the basic.try controling his chakra effectively

kidistight
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
very difficult to say..i think he should not learn the the kinjutsu..it does not match his style of fighting.Lee needs speed for the taijutsu.naruto needs power n brains...if lee fights sasuke with a 2nd level cursed seal,he a goner.i'm not a big fan of sasuke but the kid has pedigree.sasuke will totally win the match.

i guess naruto has to learn from the basic.try controling his chakra effectively
Technically he has learned to, but like you said he can always stand to learn better control of his chakra.

Kagami Kyoji
01-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Personally I think Naruto needs to improve on his strategy skills, although he is getting better I still could see him doing some stupid mistake. He is TOO slow to catch on!!! Someone needs to teach this kid some common sense. :p

Kiarae
01-17-2005, 11:03 PM
But my question or comment was could the 9 tails heal him instantly if he did end up like Lee.

Naruto's never been laid out for more than one day, remember? It takes hm only one night to heal, no matter what. At least, that's how it's been so far. I think he'd be just fine aftrwards, even without the Kyuubi's help.

abedin
01-17-2005, 11:08 PM
yup... naruto is too slow to catch on to anything and always make stupid mistakes.. if he doesn't got that super stamina and the power of kyuubi.. he would be long gone...

kidistight
01-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Naruto's never been laid out for more than one day, remember? It takes hm only one night to heal, no matter what. At least, that's how it's been so far. I think he'd be just fine aftrwards, even without the Kyuubi's help.
No because he is only laid out for a day at most sometimes, because Kyuubi is moving slower to heal him. Naruto has no control whether or not Kyuubi heals him or not it is almost automatic.

yup... naruto is too slow to catch on to anything and always make stupid mistakes.. if he doesn't got that super stamina and the power of kyuubi.. he would be long gone...
I can see where you are coming from because he did do a lot of stupid mistakes, but for the most part he seems to be smarter than Sasuke in the respect that he always comes through when the going gets tough. Sasuke freezes up or does something stupid to jeopardize his health, that doesn't really help in the long run. Naruto does stupid life threatening things only to save his friends, or people around him. Like Jiraiya said you are catching on quicker Naruto, which is a sign that he is maturing and that as like most kids he is getting smarter. I just feel that for the most part people grade Naruto on the same scale as Sasuke, when in fact that shouldn't be the case. Sasuke has been labeled "a genius" he is supposed to do exceptional things all the time, Naruto has a demon inside him other than that he is a normal kid. With the addition of the demon Naruto wasn't made smarter, faster, more of a logical thinker, none of that. He is still inteligence wise just an average 12 or 13 year old kid, who will make mistakes in time. I can see if he was Gai or Kakashi's age making these same mistakes then I could see where you are coming from, saying he is doing stupid mistakes. Sometimes there are kids that are at the top of the class, bottom and middle, Naruto used to be at the bottom but he is now in the middle and moving up fast to the top of the class, in the inteligence category.

Kagami Kyoji
01-18-2005, 08:31 AM
I can see where you are coming from because he did do a lot of stupid mistakes, but for the most part he seems to be smarter than Sasuke in the respect that he always comes through when the going gets tough. Sasuke freezes up or does something stupid to jeopardize his health, that doesn't really help in the long run. Naruto does stupid life threatening things only to save his friends, or people around him. Like Jiraiya said you are catching on quicker Naruto, which is a sign that he is maturing and that as like most kids he is getting smarter. I just feel that for the most part people grade Naruto on the same scale as Sasuke, when in fact that shouldn't be the case. Sasuke has been labeled "a genius" he is supposed to do exceptional things all the time, Naruto has a demon inside him other than that he is a normal kid. With the addition of the demon Naruto wasn't made smarter, faster, more of a logical thinker, none of that. He is still inteligence wise just an average 12 or 13 year old kid, who will make mistakes in time. I can see if he was Gai or Kakashi's age making these same mistakes then I could see where you are coming from, saying he is doing stupid mistakes. Sometimes there are kids that are at the top of the class, bottom and middle, Naruto used to be at the bottom but he is now in the middle and moving up fast to the top of the class, in the inteligence category.

Man that is one loooong post, hehe. Anyways lets see here first off yes he does come in and save everyone but that is most likeley do to his incredible stamina aka Kyubi. Also I am sure that time prevails itself that back in the stone age kids were hunting and doing many things that normal kids now-adays do not do. Thus, the whole he is still young thing only works a little bit. Although I must agree that Naruto is catching on quickly and is a fast learner on the battlefield NORMALLY but some things like the trip wire and finding out who's a bad guy kinda slows him down unlike sasuke who is smarter but often lets the battle consume his pride. Or at least that is my take. :p

won1
01-20-2005, 12:06 AM
naruto is the best character he just acts dumb to get attension but he is acually a talented ninja. if he could open the gateds the the power of the kyuubi would heal him back up that is my theory and he would kick ass

issuedman
01-20-2005, 12:53 AM
If he did that wouldnt his body be all cringed up and everything, like when he was constantly trying to learn rasengan... he kept twitching in his sleep. So i think that if he did it a second WITH the kyuubi, that his body couldnt take it and he would have a stroke or something... just my thought

orochimoru
01-20-2005, 02:10 AM
i think naruto doesn't get taught it because guy is not his sensei.and he does not practice only tiajustu.and if he opens any gates he might open the wrong one and let out kyubi

hotohori
01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
i think naruto doesn't get taught it because guy is not his sensei.and he does not practice only tiajustu.and if he opens any gates he might open the wrong one and let out kyubi

LOL :D Well, I think if Naruto opens the 8th gate, he wouldnt die. The power of the Kyuubi would save him (like it always does). After all, if Naruto dies, the Kyuubi will also (at least, I think so - it was stated during Naruto's summoning training). And besides, the Kyuubi is so powerful - it could heal any life-threating wounds of Naruto in an instant. If u read the manga, ul know what i mean.

Aruko
01-20-2005, 09:39 AM
True, but wasn't the 4th able to open to the gates too?
not true
noone knows anything about the fourth hokage
all we know about him is he looks like naruto
we dont know his name so we call him yondaime
he was very strong
he sealed kyuubi
he taught kakashi rin and obito
he was called the yellow flash
and that hes really cool

and for this threads question
naruto could open the 8 gates and he wouldnt die cause really it tears him up and his muscles strain and its all physical stuff so kyuubi could and would heal him

kidistight
01-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Man that is one loooong post, hehe. Anyways lets see here first off yes he does come in and save everyone but that is most likeley do to his incredible stamina aka Kyubi. Also I am sure that time prevails itself that back in the stone age kids were hunting and doing many things that normal kids now-adays do not do. Thus, the whole he is still young thing only works a little bit. Although I must agree that Naruto is catching on quickly and is a fast learner on the battlefield NORMALLY but some things like the trip wire and finding out who's a bad guy kinda slows him down unlike sasuke who is smarter but often lets the battle consume his pride. Or at least that is my take. :p
Are you referring to the trip wire from when they first started following Sasuke? If so nobody even saw that wire, they all just stepped around it by accident, basically luck. If Shika didn't happen to catch a glimpse of it reflecting some sunlight nobody would have ever seen it.

If he did that wouldnt his body be all cringed up and everything, like when he was constantly trying to learn rasengan... he kept twitching in his sleep. So i think that if he did it a second WITH the kyuubi, that his body couldnt take it and he would have a stroke or something... just my thought
Good point, I guess that would happen but over time like a couple of days the shaking and cringing would stop and he would be back to his old self.

It's not a gate really that is holding Kyuubi inside Naruto but a seal, true we did see him behind a gate a few times inside Naruto's body, but I think that was just figuratively.

LOL :D Well, I think if Naruto opens the 8th gate, he wouldnt die. The power of the Kyuubi would save him (like it always does). After all, if Naruto dies, the Kyuubi will also (at least, I think so - it was stated during Naruto's summoning training). And besides, the Kyuubi is so powerful - it could heal any life-threating wounds of Naruto in an instant. If u read the manga, ul know what i mean.
No your correct if Naruto dies he dies, also for instance when he was about to die after fighting Kabuto, which reminds me he couldn't heal Naruto's heart so that makes me wonder what his limits are.

abedin
01-31-2005, 02:14 AM
i think naruto would die if he open the 8th gate(if he ever)... if naruto died..so is kyuubi.. if kyuubi died.. naruto won't get healed and die instantly

drbazy1069
02-01-2005, 09:04 PM
i dont think naruto would die if he released the eighth gate i mean the fox is constantly healing him so he would be able to dish the power without dieing