PDA

View Full Version : whats with all the spanish

GAma_Oyabun
02-02-2006, 08:08 AM
i dont get the connection between bleach and all the spanish. Chad is from mexico but why? Its really weird to hear all this japanese and then all of a sudden "menos grande!!!!!" , ya super weird. anyway i was jus wonderin what u guys thought

Dosu189
02-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I don't know...I haven't noticed it yet, because I have not watched that many episodes yet.

Roy Mustang
02-02-2006, 08:29 AM
LMAO ROFL now they speak spanish?

i was gonna give bleach a chance again...but spanish ROFL

anywayz i think its wrong but it makes a good twist and adds the comedy to it

hellrazier99
02-02-2006, 08:30 AM
well mabe there are pepole in mexico wwho would like to watch it maybe thats why it's spanish

Dosu189
02-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Maybe not...because then, they would make them with spanish subtitles...I think that they are trying to show that they are not racest by putting other races in the show....maybe not...

KyoichiKanami
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
They aren't speaking spanish, folks. There are just alot of spanish refrences. Like the new bad guys have spanish names, and their weapons have spanish names as well. Aslo, I think this goes into the manga section.

GAma_Oyabun
02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
oops, sry i just thought it was okay, since chad already mentioned in the anime that he was from mexico , is kubo trying to say something about japan and mexico uniting? i know there are a lot of japanese in brazil and they speak portugese which is related to spanish, but mexico?

andrew7913
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
ok he is japanese that went to mexico and came back to japan

YoshiToshi
02-07-2006, 07:15 PM
I always wondered about the whole "menos grande" thing.
But then again, some anime has alot of different languages kinda things.
I mean, DIGIMON had a digimon named Gatomon; and Gato is spanish for cat. O_o

I'm pretty sure that Kubo Tite wanted to make something in a different language, so it wouldn't be japanese related. Because chinese is the closest thing to japanese, chinese rules out. Because english is kinda well-known in japan, i'd pretty much think that spanish would be the next language.
That's just what I think, though. lol

GAma_Oyabun
02-08-2006, 01:37 AM
i jus realised this but, if u try learning japanese and spanish they seem to work well together. sometimes the spanish words just fit in.

#1 Bad Guy
02-08-2006, 02:08 AM
I don't think there is a connection, its just like that. Its unique and you gotta admit it sounds tight, especially the Arrancar names. I like the spanish stuff though. Plus I understand spanish and know nothing about japanese. Somewhere in Kubo's genius mind im almost certain there's a reason for the spanish stuff though.

Rockshmo
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
ok he is japanese that went to mexico and came back to japan
Exactly, Chad isn't "from" Mexico, he originated in Japan but went to Mexico to live with his Abuelo. Then he returned to Japan, I'm assuming after he got that nice tan.. but yeah there might be a connection, who knows..

Ore-sama
03-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't mind it - I mean, in German, we use English words such as cool, handy, etc., in English, Kindergarten, Gesundheit etc. are used. All languages know Kamikaze and Harakiri. So why shouldn't the Japanese use some Spanish?

As long as they don't rape the language though. I hate Project WeiƟ for brainlessly raping German.

OffTheChain
03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
lol like when you ask yourself..

why does Don Kan'oji use so much english in his senteces for someone who can only speak or is supposed to speak japanese

Ore-sama
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Don Kanonji is a waste of stills anyway if you ask me. What else did he contribute than "BOHAHAHAHA", horrible fillers and stupid English?

What confuses me about anime using so many foreign languages... isn't the audience supposed to understand what's being said..? I don't think your average 14-year-old Japanese knows what "abuelo" or "schreien" means.

Ami-san
03-09-2006, 07:31 PM
lol like when you ask yourself..

why does Don Kan'oji use so much english in his senteces for someone who can only speak or is supposed to speak japanese

I always wondered that myself, maybe hes part American and part japanese, since he lives in japan, he speaks Japanese, if he's in America, then he'll speak English?

Ore-sama
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
About Kanonji's English, that's easy.. It's "in" and "cool" to speak random Ingrish in Japan. Ever seen the t-shirts they sell there? Thereal Isation... it's nothng to do with where Kanonji's from or anything, he just thinks it's kuuru :p Pretty much like some anime fans overseas who scream "Kawaii", "hentai", "Uke", "Baka" and other random Japanese stuff.

rhole
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
La Chucocabre (sp?)
This legandry monster that looks like a cross between a lamb and some other thing.Thats mexican, so maybe they are using these spanish words to emphasise how evil and "mystical" these hollows seem?

Don Kan'oji seriously needs an english dictionary. I think its because he's a japanses famouse guy, he can afford to ship his "Bwahaha" around the world

young naruto315
03-09-2006, 09:37 PM
yea im learning them both(japanese and spanish) i did notice the spanish in some of the terms. i dont realy see connection in any way

ichinii30
03-10-2006, 12:34 AM
they are pronounced the same way, with the short vowel sounds and syllables

Shikamaru Sama
03-12-2006, 09:11 AM
well , i never had any problems with Menos and Chad, it just begins to show with them Arrancar " Espadas " and stuff...

Fuji_Kunimitsu
03-17-2006, 06:05 AM
dude, it gets worse. but everyone should give bleach a shot, don't you dare write this off cuz of the spanish, insult to bleach!! =.=^ *glares*

Shikamaru Sama
03-17-2006, 02:19 PM
didntsay it was uncool ^_^ its just becoming clear Kubo has a weak spot for Spanish names i guess:)