PDA

View Full Version : Ah! my goddess

[Daisuke]
01-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Ok, this is a really old anime, originally from '93. It's an amazing story, and is fantastically drawn, the original that is. It's about a guy named Morisato Keiichi, who is an unlucky guy when it comes to women. He's part of a Mechanics club, which is run by a couple of strange people.

One day, when the rest of his housemates are out at a party, he makes a phone call and is connected to the Goddess Wish Agency, or something similar, and all of a sudden a Goddess appears through the mirror, asking him what his wish is. The story is about how they get to know each other. But Keiichi lives in a dorm where women aren't allowed, and when the rest of the club come back from the party and see him with a female in his room, he gets kicked out. They end up living together in an old house atop a hill, where memories are made, and return from distant places.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT This anime is being remade as we speak. AnimeOne are subbing it with AnimeYuki I believe. I've only got a couple of episodes, but it's looking good so far. Teh original was ace =]

Kagami Kyoji
01-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Are they going to make it longer or an OVA type setting?

[Daisuke]
01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
By the looks of it, it's going to be more than the originals 5 episodes, because they are being more detailed with whats been released so far.

spiral_vortex
01-18-2005, 10:50 PM
isn't it oh my goddess cause i read the manga isn't about this guy and three other goddesses?? and ones like the black sheep u know bad and sexy and the others are like in the good side>??? i might be wrong though

Kagami Kyoji
01-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Technically its Ah! Meegami Sama or something like that but in american terms it is still Ah! I think!

Maybe it has something to do with the manga?

kmb
01-19-2005, 02:49 AM
It never looked like it came from 1993

mini
01-19-2005, 08:46 PM
i loved it^^ classic romance anime

Roy Mustang
01-19-2005, 09:05 PM
anyone seen the movie about it and yeah i think spiral is right its Oh! my goddess or they are totally different anywayz Oh! my goddess has belldandy and w/e those other two are but im not so sure about Ah! my goddess anywayz u got a link?

[Daisuke]
01-19-2005, 11:15 PM
http://animenfo.com/animetitle,7,spwtcj,aa__megami_sama.html

Look it up for crying out loud :/ Some common sense here people. It's Aa! Megami Sama. Or Ah! My Goddess. Or Oh! My Goddess. It's the same thing.

Yes, Keiichi stays with Belldandy. She's a goddess, but later on, her sisters, Urd and and Skuld come to stay with them aswell. Yes there was a movie, which is also awesome, from 2000. Extremely well drawn and a very romantic tale.

Roy Mustang
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
yup and did'nt they have to sing to save the world?? i thought it was so dorky

Kagami Kyoji
01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
you can also try anime DB http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2533

They are very good too. Also include subs!!! :D

Enma
01-20-2005, 05:07 PM
cool...thanks...more anime to watch...killing time...screw the hw..:)

Hooded_Ninja
02-02-2005, 02:14 PM
yup and did'nt they have to sing to save the world?? i thought it was so dorky

Yup, they did, but the movie was still mint. =D
But I was a bit lost at times since I hadn't seen the series. :(
But it was worth watching anyway cause the girls were cute as ever! =D!

bsuharno
02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
mmm. i thought it's a 6-episodes anime. it's funny and no complicated love-triangle (i think).

Hooded_Ninja
02-24-2005, 05:12 AM
I thought it was 5 eps...And there sort of was a love triangle in the movie.

aznflameboy
02-26-2005, 03:54 PM
u could get the first 7 eps (ddl) at www.mystic-chambers.com

aznflameboy
02-26-2005, 04:01 PM
u could also get them from www.exileanime.net