PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail 272

killerrabbit9
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Its out!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99679570/1

I'm expecting people to bitch about her using Urano Metria. Either this whole time she couldn't use it again because she didn't have enough magic power or she forgot it and someone, maybe Caprico retaught her. In other news Raven Tail cheats themselves to another win, despite Natsu's new uber hearing. If all his senses have improved for some reason, it could give him an edge. Anybody think OBRA could be LIBRA? In that case look for Lucy to gain another key this arc. If next chapter going to feature a guy with black lightning then I'm guessing Laxus is going be fighting too, cause Lighting vs. Black Lightning.

SirBenoit
02-24-2012, 08:24 AM
wow, didnt see that end coming, wtf. Hate that fairy tails is looking like chumps, yeah lucy shouldve won but still no points

Dagoro
02-24-2012, 09:31 AM
For once, I want Natsu to go into Nakama mode and crack some skulls.

It's not a surprise that this chapter got a bit of a response from me, my respect for Lucy went up a bit in the last chapter after all.

Buck09
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Well that was a good chapter.

I was a little shocked at the Raven Tail girl though, when she was going to brand Lucy kinda sent a chill down my back if you get what I mean.

I like that they brought Urano Metria again I mean its an awesome attack but with no clue how to learn it beside the Archive Magic download. My guess is that Caprico had the info to teach it to Lucy, then she had the idea of using Gemini to make up for the not enough magic. Was a good idea.

I actually thought that we would get to see the a hint at the parcel Lucy dad left for her, only two things I can think are a pen, or the most obvious a new key which how i thought she was going to win.

That bunny from Blue Pegasus still has me in stitches drinking champagne during the match :P

Vengeance
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I really can't believe a tournament of this size wouldn't take precautions to prevent & monitor cheating/outside interference from taking place.

ACt
02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
^ Yeah, the cheating was a bit much, but then, I don't remember rules about interfering in the one-on-one.

I have no problem with the power up - the whole time thing was leading to that type of random new power. What bugged me was the "I surrender". Lame. I mean, quit when you have such abilities left? Terrible character from Lucy that requires Natsu once more. She had been doing so well, too.

KatrinaKatt
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Hair girl was all talk, and tricks :( No substance.

I can't believe it wasn't obvious that there was interference there...

Kinda disappointed she didn't get the credit for the win, but I'll settle for knowing that Lucy kicked some ass in these last 2 chapters :)

Spiegel
02-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Hair girl was all talk, and tricks :( No substance.

I can't believe it wasn't obvious that there was interference there...

Kinda disappointed she didn't get the credit for the win, but I'll settle for knowing that Lucy kicked some ass in these last 2 chapters :)

Well, it seems only people of high level magic noticed it. I'm surprised Yajima didn't say anything considering he is an announcer and also a respected mage.

ask me anything
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
What bugged me was the "I surrender". Lame. I mean, quit when you have such abilities left? Terrible character from Lucy that requires Natsu once more. She had been doing so well, too.

I'm not sure why you think her trying to surrender was lame? Care to explain.

I mean that other chick was threatening a little kid and all, so it's not like Lucy could do anything. It wouldn't take but a moment for that crazy chick to kill that kid if she wanted too, and that magic Lucy did at the end took a few seconds to power up. So really, Lucy had no choice in the matter. Given the circumstances, surrendering at that point was probably the best option. No reason to needlessly get beat up when you don't have anything to gain from it.

Dagoro
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I really can't believe a tournament of this size wouldn't take precautions to prevent & monitor cheating/outside interference from taking place.

Maybe nothing was done because more people aside from that knight are involved with Zeref. Possibly Raven tail as well, but the old guy will probably look into it.

ACt
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure why you think her trying to surrender was lame? Care to explain.

I mean that other chick was threatening a little kid and all, so it's not like Lucy could do anything. It wouldn't take but a moment for that crazy chick to kill that kid if she wanted too, and that magic Lucy did at the end took a few seconds to power up. So really, Lucy had no choice in the matter. Given the circumstances, surrendering at that point was probably the best option. No reason to needlessly get beat up when you don't have anything to gain from it.

She was fairly competitive throughout the fight, determined to show her strength and then under a minor hold, decides she can't win because the girl is threatening a little kid who is surrounded by her friends? I mean, why not summon someone to attack like she did Gemini anyway while attempting to warn Fairy Tail? We didn't see half her summonings and she clearly wasn't out of power and her fighting style is uniquely suited to this type of fight. The hair woman focuses on Lucy, Lucy summons someone and knocks out hair woman who no longer can attack little kid.

So many options and she gave in. I understand that it was a tournament and not real life battle, but those are not the type of decisions I expect Lucy to make at this stage.

Dagoro
02-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, I think it's pretty damn obvious that Mashima wants the readers to hate RT. I hope the knight guy turns out to be legit, I hate when interesting characters go to waste.

ask me anything
02-24-2012, 11:09 PM
She was fairly competitive throughout the fight, determined to show her strength and then under a minor hold, decides she can't win because the girl is threatening a little kid who is surrounded by her friends?

I'd hardly call it a minor hold. The girls hair had the power to nullify sand tornadoes (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80182058/8) and shred Lucy's boots to pieces (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80182058/16). What do you think it would do to a defenseless kid? Especially when the neither the kid or the people next to her are expecting such an attack. In a mere split second the crazy girl could stab the kid in the temple with her hair and pulls it back underground to avoid detection. The kid is dead before her friends knew what happened.

I mean, why not summon someone to attack like she did Gemini anyway while attempting to warn Fairy Tail? We didn't see half her summonings and she clearly wasn't out of power and her fighting style is uniquely suited to this type of fight. The hair woman focuses on Lucy, Lucy summons someone and knocks out hair woman who no longer can attack little kid.By the time Lucy pulls out a single key the kid would be dead. Even then she has hold the key up and say "Open gate of the ________", then have the spirit attack her hair. You really think Lucy can do all that before the crazy girl can move her hair 6 inches to kill that kid. C'mon.

So many options and she gave in. I understand that it was a tournament and not real life battle, but those are not the type of decisions I expect Lucy to make at this stage.Raven tail has already shown they have no problem breaking the law. They've been a dark guild for years now, and attacked Wendy just out of spite. So as far as Lucy was concerned that girls threats were to be taken seriously. Peoples lives aren't something to play around with like that. Not over some stupid points.

Buck09
02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
By the time Lucy pulls out a single key the kid would be dead. Even then she has hold the key up and say "Open gate of the ________", then have the spirit attack her hair. You really think Lucy can do all that before the crazy girl can move her hair 6 inches to kill that kid. C'mon.

Just like to take what you said there and propose something.

Now yeah with ever Celestial Mage we have seen they have went to say the phrase "Open Gate of the 'blank'".

But we have seen that the Spirits can open there own gates themselves and come out and help Lucy in an emergencey.

What I'm wondering is, do they really need to mutter that phrase ? To summon the Spirits, or do you think eventually Lucy will get to the point were she will be able to summon them without having to shout them ?

From this situation we can how it can be a major disadvantage, but also its an advantage as it was against the fight with Sherry when she made it seem like she was going to summon something strong but then summoned Plue (( obviously the strongest spirit just too lazy ))

Spiegel
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Just like to take what you said there and propose something.

Now yeah with ever Celestial Mage we have seen they have went to say the phrase "Open Gate of the 'blank'".

But we have seen that the Spirits can open there own gates themselves and come out and help Lucy in an emergencey.

What I'm wondering is, do they really need to mutter that phrase ? To summon the Spirits, or do you think eventually Lucy will get to the point were she will be able to summon them without having to shout them ?

From this situation we can how it can be a major disadvantage, but also its an advantage as it was against the fight with Sherry when she made it seem like she was going to summon something strong but then summoned Plue (( obviously the strongest spirit just too lazy ))
It's not a shout, its more of an incantation to summon, because you know, she is a mage. But then this is also a shonen series, in almost everything shonen series I've read the fighters tend to shout out their attacks prior to attacking. Its purely for aesthetics.

ACt
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
I'd hardly call it a minor hold. The girls hair had the power to nullify sand tornadoes (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80182058/8) and shred Lucy's boots to pieces (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80182058/16). What do you think it would do to a defenseless kid? Especially when the neither the kid or the people next to her are expecting such an attack. In a mere split second the crazy girl could stab the kid in the temple with her hair and pulls it back underground to avoid detection. The kid is dead before her friends knew what happened.

By the time Lucy pulls out a single key the kid would be dead. Even then she has hold the key up and say "Open gate of the ________", then have the spirit attack her hair. You really think Lucy can do all that before the crazy girl can move her hair 6 inches to kill that kid. C'mon.

C'mon what? Did you miss this: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99679570/11

All tied up, summoned Gemini without key and with a simple shout and knocked out the girl. Your move.

Besides, this is the guild that went after Wendy, they have proven to be underhanded and cruel, under what assumption does Lucy have that she wouldn't have hurt the kid no matter what Lucy did. This is not the type of guild you can trust regardless of your actions. Would have thought they've faced enough dark guilds to know that.

But whatever, you read it differently. I'm OK with that. It still bugged me as a character development.

Buck09
02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
It's not a shout, its more of an incantation to summon, because you know, she is a mage. But then this is also a shonen series, in almost everything shonen series I've read the fighters tend to shout out their attacks prior to attacking. Its purely for aesthetics.

Yeah I know like in most series shouting out the attack or saying the incarnation is a given. But what I was asking though do you think there is a chance she will gain the ability, or grow strong enough to the point were she doesnt need to say it. I mean think of how big an advantage that would be holding just the key then summoning Leo or whoever completely taking the opponent by surprise.