PDA

View Full Version : Atkatsuki ring translations

kid_buu
02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
The rings seem to be flashed around 'alot' during the Itachi/Kisame scene and Orichimaru's is on display on someones skeletal hand. What does the word/symbol mean?

Kyuubipandorachan
02-11-2005, 08:12 PM
The ring is drawn from ancient Chinese and Japanese lore. The kanji on each ring have served in the past as representations of Gods, to help in concentration before battle and in protection from evil.

Itachi's ring mean Shu(yellowish-red).
Kisame:Minami (South)
Orochimaru:Sora (Sky)

sabakunoGaara
02-12-2005, 01:38 AM
The ring is drawn from ancient Chinese and Japanese lore. The kanji on each ring have served in the past as representations of Gods, to help in concentration before battle and in protection from evil.

Itachi's ring mean Shu(yellowish-red).
Kisame:Minami (South)
Orochimaru:Sora (Sky)

tell me u know this from reading the manga or smthg but not from the anime..because seriously i havent heard anything slosely related to that!

Gallean
02-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Well...the anime I watched had a translation of the meaning of the characters on the rings.... sabakuno....didn't your anime episode have a subtitle note for those scenes?

sabakunoGaara
02-12-2005, 08:57 AM
what on the rings??? hell no it didnt!
or wait maybe i just wasnt looking im gonna go watch that episode again...
wait is it the episode wen we first see itachi and kisame?

nma
02-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Its episode 81. And somebody posted the translations for the rings a while back but I can't remember where. The words on the rings are their rankings in the Akastuki.

Gallean
02-12-2005, 11:49 PM

Yes...the moment a ring is flashed, a short note appears...like at the top of the screen I think (I'm not sure)....just a short one...and if I remember correctly...it was kinda colored in white, unlike the typical subtitle color, so I would understand if it were pretty difficult to notice. :D

I have not read the "post" the guy above me mentioned about...so I can't really say anything substantial about ranks and stuff...but I think it was "Scarlet" and "South"....and I remember another post saying it was taken from a Chinese/Japanese myth thingie.... they just sound like directions or ordinary words to me...but obviously they have a significant meaning in the story since they wouldn't wear those stuff on their fingers so prominently if they didn't actually meant anything...hehe but to say that those words signified their ranks in Akatsuki...I'm not sure....I've always thought all 9 were equals or something...but that's just my theory...

horus
02-12-2005, 11:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Sakkon/Akatsuki3.gif

holy shit i need to rewatch ep 81... are u serious?

ondu
02-13-2005, 04:28 AM
Hmmmm interesting....and i didn't even notice it...anyway thanks guys...

Kyuubipandorachan
02-13-2005, 05:41 AM
OMG. I'm so sorry. I thought I type where I get the information from. Gomen ne, gomen ne. I got it from LeafNinja.com. It's a very cool site. It has a lot of things related to Naruto that we didn't even know.