PDA

View Full Version : So apparently you can fight the power

Ducky101
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
XD I contested an infraction I got. It was reversed =D

Disclaimer and DarkAztec: Don't hate me cuz I'm a duck. Hate me cuz I pwn you! :D

Disclaimers disclaimer: Yes. I pwn you too.

Disclaimers disclaimers disclaimer: Not you... :(

Kites
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
this topic is jus chock full of ownage ya dig? ;)

G
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
this thread = win

Kites
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
agreed.

quoted

Ducky101
12-13-2006, 07:28 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/715/dbs2.jpg

Owned.

Freshgrease
12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I laughed because DA is so passionate about gay rights and he gave you an infraction within it. Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread or a "heated" debate over it.

Ducky101
12-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I laughed because DA is so passionate about gay rights and he gave you an infraction within it. Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread or a "heated" debate over it.

Yea.
KeyKun: FreshGrease replied
MattDotZeb: ...
MattDotZeb: fuck?
KeyKun: nah its funny
MattDotZeb: yay
MattDotZeb: no fuck
MattDotZeb: =D

Miburo
12-13-2006, 11:16 PM
He just didn't notice that you replied within the quote box and thought that your only contribution what that little bit of worthless text at the bottom. An honest mistake.

You didn't "pwn" anyone. >.>

Wow. That's brilliant, Fresh. Your impecible logic and reasoning abilities are truly amazing, man. Only someone with your intellectual abilities would take those undeniable premises and come to those amazingly intelligent conclusions.

Premises: DA is passionate about gay rights.
DA gave someone an infraction in a gay rights thread.

Conclusion: Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread (Which DA didn't even create)
There wouldn't be a "heated" debate over gay rights.

Seriously, you're a genius among geniuses. That's mind-blowing stuff right there. That just made so much sense. Thumbs up, man. Thumbs up. ; )

Freshgrease
12-14-2006, 12:15 AM
I laugh at you, but because you are on my ignore list I rarely read your posts so I can only imagine what "lol" you throw in.

Shino
12-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Wow. That's brilliant, Fresh. Your impecible logic and reasoning abilities are truly amazing, man. Only someone with your intellectual abilities would take those undeniable premises and come to those amazingly intelligent conclusions.

Premises: DA is passionate about gay rights.
DA gave someone an infraction in a gay rights thread.

Conclusion: Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread (Which DA didn't even create)
There wouldn't be a "heated" debate over gay rights.

Seriously, you're a genius among geniuses. That's mind-blowing stuff right there. That just made so much sense. Thumbs up, man. Thumbs up. ; )

No one likes a sarcastic asshole. Now that may be all true, but saying it and thinking it are two different things. Next time, keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself.

I may not be on good terms with the man, but when you insult one of my staff, you insult me. Thus the reason for this post.

Miburo
12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
No one likes a sarcastic asshole. Now that may be all true, but saying it and thinking it are two different things. Next time, keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself.

I may not be on good terms with the man, but when you insult one of my staff, you insult me. Thus the reason for this post.

But I was being serious. ; )

And I never said anything about his ability to do his job as a moderator (or super moderator or whatever...). I see no reason why you'd feel insulted, and absolutely nothing I stated was meant to be directed towards you or anyone else besides the person I quoted.

Also, if you feel that his actions reflect on you in some way, then perhaps you should suggest to him that he adjust his conduct or comments so that he doesn't portray himself in a negative way.

And to be blunt, I couldn't care less as to how you feel about me. I've always felt that you're an ok guy, and you're usually pretty fair. But if you want to take offense to something that clearly had no intention of being directed towards you, than that's on you.

Kind of funny you'd say something like that to me in a thread obviously made just to show how some kid "pwns" one of your mods for getting a decision reversed, and another mod comes in and agrees with the OP while making some subtle jabs of his own (Assuming I'm reading that right, I might be wrong though. His post didn't make any sense at all to be honest....) And I'm the only person in the thread to point out the fact that it was just a honest mistake....Hey, but whatever. You're the boss.

Ducky101
12-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Hey. Hey.
There is such a thing called Topic Hijacking, you know >_<

And I'm not some kid. o_O
And if you hadn't picked up on it, this is what is called a joke topic. -.-

Shino
12-14-2006, 01:28 AM
His post made no sense to me either, but you didnt see me replying to it.

Yes, DA made a mistake, the original poster obviously didnt see it that way and decided to make an ass of himself by making the thread.

You, on the other hand, come in and post when your not even involved, whether or not it was simply to defend DA or to make a jab at Fresh makes no difference to me. As I seen it, all you wanted to do is troll one of my staff.

If you were being serious, then you wouldnt have repeated yourself like a broken record. You were being sarcastic, period. Being sarcastic is fine, going overboard with it isnt.

Ducky101
12-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Yes, DA made a mistake, the original poster obviously didnt see it that way and decided to make an ass of himself by making the thread.

Well you didn't have to put it like that. I'm just messin' around, man. o_O

Of course I saw it that he made a mistake, so why else would I have contradicted it?

I like to make people laugh, and thats just what I did with this topic. Its not like I seriously think I owned a mod just for contradicting him.

Ahh.... Well, this topic lost all its goodness in these last couple posts. =/

G
12-14-2006, 01:40 AM
this thread needs to be stickied or saved, something its to good hahahaha

Miburo
12-14-2006, 01:46 AM
This is a message board, not a private conversation. I don't need to be directly involved.

And you can't possibly hope to determain my intentions based solely on that single post. I could say that I was trying to uphold the integrity of your moderator's abilities by presenting the most plausible explaination towards that particular moderation error in a thread clearly made to show a moderator's inferiority to the OP based on a honest mistake; with a side comment to discredit the OP's most influencial supporter. And I did all that out of respect and admiration for you and your site. All of which is just as plausible as the possible intentions you suggested. You're welcome, man. ^^

And sorry, I'll try to keep all sarcasm at the clearly defined acceptable levels. Totally my bad, please forgive me. m(_ _)m

Ducky101
12-14-2006, 01:48 AM
And sorry, I'll try to keep all sarcasm at the clearly defined acceptable levels. Totally my bad, please forgive me. m(_ _)m

You make me laugh.

Freshgrease
12-14-2006, 02:03 AM
I am going to submit an admendment to the rules regarding the treatment of staff to be approved by the higher staff. I agree that sometimes my logistics are not as logical as someone elses, but if they were perfect I would be a robot and not a human.

I am sorry that everything I says sparks your need to argue and bicker with me over why I said it (even when some posts are clearly ment to be fully opinions). I respect your right to voice your opinion, but you are almost always debating what everyone says. You always pick fights.

I have been good sometimes and bad in others, but the fact of the matter is that I have left my moderation and action to try to reflect a professional and adult level of quality (atleast trying to improve torwards which).

I ask (as being a legal adult, engineering university student, a senior computer and network technician, and a NL staff member since April 2005 and SM since Jan/feb 06) that you respect me, my position here, and respect the rest of the members here by not making petty attacks about one's opinions or actions.

Thank you Miburo. For future reference turn on the "display sigs" in your control panel and read my sig and think of the kittens. God really does kill a kitten.

Ducky101
12-14-2006, 02:21 AM
I am going to submit an admendment to the rules regarding the treatment of staff to be approved by the higher staff.
Meaning that you're going to submit an admendment that would basically make topics like this one against the rules? Or just going up against mods like Miburo did against the rules?

Miburo
12-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Thank you Miburo. For future reference turn on the "display sigs" in your control panel and read my sig and think of the kittens. God really does kill a kitten.

Why, you're very welcome Freshgrease. And that is a very nice sig, it's good to see that you're true to your word and are indeed striving to be a mature, professional adult worthy of respect. Thank you for your maturity, dedication, and professionalism Fresh. : )

Shino
12-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Meaning that you're going to submit an admendment that would basically make topics like this one against the rules? Or just going up against mods like Miburo did against the rules?

No, what he meant is, instead of the mod who is being mistreated by a member wont be allowed to punish the member, the next tier of staff will make that decision to punish them or not. Example: a mod is being made fun of, only a super mod or admin will be allowed to hand out a punishmwnt, if any neccessary.