PDA

View Full Version : Dailymotion vs Youtube

AnticitizenOne
06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't know what the more popular choice would be, but I prefer Dailymotion, just because they seem to have a bit more videos (at least Anime wise) than Youtube does. Post your opinion about this here.

JustPimpin
06-02-2007, 12:24 PM
you is weak compared to dailymotion, plus dailymotion is is international, they don't care what you put up there, it's more uncut than that stupid youtube...

Itai
06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Dailymotion is way better than YouTube.

OffTheChain
06-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Dailymotion is better than the English Youtube.
They have too many copyright issues that they take everything down.
Veoh is good too.

Demi-God
06-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Veoh is pretty good yeah.

Daily Motion > Youtube

A lot more quality in the content of it's videos then the majority of the YouTube shit. =/

JustPimpin
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
whoever picks youtube, must be affiliated with it.... nobody that knows about DM would pick YT...

Nexus
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Despite me knowing about both sites, I'll say that DailyMotion is better than YouTube for the simple fact that I don't have to worry about an episode being took down later that day if I decide to watch it again.

Jaxon
06-02-2007, 03:35 PM
DivX Stage6 owns all of them.

Demi-God
06-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Stage6 needs to get more videos uploaded.
Fucking awesome quality though.

EJ
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I prefer youtube but Veoh's good as well

Genjutsu Genius
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
YouTube took off almost all episodes of any show. So I'm going with DailyMotion, because it shows the Shipudden eps.

YoshiToshi
06-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I would have to side with DailyMotion. I can find alot more videos that I wanna watch on DailyMotion, than I can on youtube.

Orochimaru17
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM
i picked youtube but only cause i dont know so much about daily motion but i will look into it.

sheik
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I thought you were perma banned?

Well anyways I use Daily motion for TV shows but Youtube for everything else.......

Orochimaru17
06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought you were perma banned?

Well anyways I use Daily motion for TV shows but Youtube for everything else.......

i was but there was no reason for my ban just that i was someone else and there was no proof so i emailed shino and he lifted it.

EJ
06-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I picked youtube since I find more of what I want there =]

veoh should have been a selection as well, it's very decent =D

AnticitizenOne
06-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Wow, I didn't know it would be this much of a blowout victory for Dailymotion. Meh I should have expected since they have so much more than Youtube does plus they're international.

Hiraku
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Dailymotion is far better they have better quality and better variety on shows and languages they were translated in to.

SASUKE GURL
06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
youtube.....idk

DarkAztek
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
DM has better quality. There's no question of that. However, YouTube has MUCH more interesting stuff and has a much bigger variety of cool things to watch. I can find all kinds of neat science experiments and interesting "done at home" shots. Loads of bands put their music videos directly on YouTube too. YT > Daily Motion.

Mark my words: DailyMotion is going to be a heap shittier soon because they'll crack down on illegal content just as hard as YouTube.

G
06-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I just recently got into Dailymotion but it wins this, better quality and they dont take down stuff outta no where, no real competiton but then again youtube just pisses me off with the copyright crap.

Sevi
06-04-2007, 12:31 AM
in youtube you can find anything....

but dailymotion has Naruto and youtube deleted it all

Kina
06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
If you want anime, dailyMotion, if you want to just piss around, YouTube. Personally, I like Youtube better because I get my anime from AntiTube.

sharinganchakra5551
06-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Youtube is way better!And you could find anime on youtube too but it's not that good quality though but there's a lot of cool videos there!

AnticitizenOne
06-04-2007, 04:32 PM
DM has better quality. There's no question of that. However, YouTube has MUCH more interesting stuff and has a much bigger variety of cool things to watch. I can find all kinds of neat science experiments and interesting "done at home" shots. Loads of bands put their music videos directly on YouTube too. YT > Daily Motion.

Mark my words: DailyMotion is going to be a heap shittier soon because they'll crack down on illegal content just as hard as YouTube.
I really don't think Dailymotion will do as bad as Youtube. Even so there are many more ways to find Naruto episodes and such.

DarkAztek
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh sure it will. All sites that host videos will get cracked down upon eventually. YouTube was just the first big one around, so they're being smacked with lawsuits first. I guarantee that DM has gotten a few too, they just aren't under as much corporate pressure.

AnticitizenOne
06-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I just don't get why Dattebayo is doing such a rediculous thing in the first place, trying to get all of their animes off of video hosting sites like these. It's basically saying that they are trying to make fansubs totally unavailable for those of us who only speak english to watch. I hope narutocentral will still have the episodes even if Dattebayo is doing this.

dEcCrIx
06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
anime wise and other shows that doesnt hav copyrighted shit on them... DM

but popular choice of putting random vids... i hav to go with YT

and like DA said... DM and other free hosting vid sites will get their turn... sadly :/

D4rKR34v3r
06-08-2007, 08:07 PM
I picked youtube since I find more of what I want there =]

veoh should have been a selection as well, it's very decent =D

Veoh has good quality videos, but it is impossible to find 1 video you want. Like lets say i want to see pranks, there are soo many unrelated trash that it takes forever for you to find it.

Back to topic. I chose youtube because, Youtube is more interactive and is less based on show episodes and more based on people and interaction. Plus youtube is mostly in english, and dailymotion has a lot of different languages and subtitles and stuff.

ShinobiKnight
06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, DailyMotion has Naruto subs and YouTube doesn't, can't forget that. But YouTube has more users, so it has more videos, and thus, it's more likely to find what you want. My preference for YouTube doesn't matter to me, however, because YouTube is blocked on my comp. -.-

OG
06-09-2007, 12:09 AM
youtube...pretty much what DA said...also people seem to be using youtube like a blog now...making rants, posting memorable moments caught on tape, etc...and we all know that it is real popular nowadays [ie: myspace -.-;] dailymotion will be taken down when it has to take off all that copyright shyte.

joshpinto
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
dailymotion is 100 times better than youtube more pple know about youtube tho. plus daily motion is going to be takin down sometime in the future 4 copyright :D then divshare veoh or guba will take over 4 em

Ami-san
06-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Forget Youtube, it sold its soul to Google which then began to start kicking all the anime shows out, but keep the AMVs.

Dailymotion wins.

Narutobaka
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd honestly have to say both. I will be on DM to look up the anime I watch. While i'll look up things on Youtube for laughs, and sometimes for research things for school.

Will have to try out this Veoh site everybody seems to be mentioning.

Sairei
06-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm voting for YouTube because I'm more familar with it plus I never heard of Dailymotion before.

Kata
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I said Daily motion cuz u kno it has Naruto The Abridged series and MASAKOX!!!! -ahem- i use Youtube for my music videos and everything else tho

skwee
06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I like youtube so I can talk to people more with it.Plus its easier to use,the only major flaw is that they take down to many videos,but I mostly use it for music anyway.Dailymotion is good for naruto and yugioh abridged,as well as actuall shows,but it dosnt have alot of the cool blog options like youtube.

Zaith
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Youtube, it's skin is way better, the search is more functionable as well, same as the thumbnails. It just works better for me.

Youtube has more activity as well, I can really laugh my ass off on Youtube for some of the retarded movies @ times.