PDA

View Full Version : Hinata can't have byakugan

kid_buu
03-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Only males have the phenotype for Advanced Bloodlines. Females don't.

Gemakai
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
What do you base this on?

Hers is the blood of the Hyuuga so she's able to learn the Byakugan just like anyone else in the Hyuuga clan.

[Daisuke]
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Thats a bit sexist. Granted, we've not seen many females with an advanced bloodline, but thats not to say they cant have one.

kid_buu
03-09-2005, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Gemakai]What do you base this on?QUOTE]

Kakashi said so during the Sasuke/Haku fight when he was explaining Advanced Bloodlines. Um, i forgot what episode it was, but it's an TW sub. Loophole?

Yunacat
03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
That's not true. Females have it too. It's obvious that Hinata has the advanced blood anyway because her eyes are white, which is the most obvious sign of the Hyuuga clan AND their blood. If she didn't have that, i might not have argued, but she does so she has the advanced blood in her...

Lunar_Darkfire
03-09-2005, 03:40 PM
If you remember seeing in the previous episodes when it did the flashback to Hinata's birthday, everyone there had the Byakugan, and Hinata's little sister Hanabi (I think that's her name) also has it...

nma
03-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Haku got his bloodline limit from his mother so that disproves you theory. Plus
theres this picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/nnma/naruto_hinata0032.jpg

of Hinata with her Byakugan.

kid_buu
03-09-2005, 03:48 PM
wait a minute, i said phenotype. in this case meaning the physical apperance of byukugan. sure girls carry the gene but it's recessive.

[Daisuke]
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Haku's mother could use the bloodline, she just didn't to hide so she wasn't slaughtered.

crewshiukaz
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah like in the episode where hinata and her team were in the forest of death.she scanned the teritory with her byakugan remember?

kid_buu
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I didn't say that she doesn't have it. I said that she not supposed to have it, according to Kakashi explanation of advanced bloodlines girls can't have it but could carry it. They've broken their own rule.

nma
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
wait a minute, i said phenotype. in this case meaning the physical apperance of byukugan. sure girls carry the gene but it's recessive.
It doesn't matter, look at the picture of Hinata. You can clearly see the Byakugan. And I've watch the series over twice and I've never once heard Kakashi say that. What episode was it in?

Aruko
03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Agreed,
Kakashi never said in the series that it was only for boys to use (or whatever you are saying). Also the picture has been shown she can use it. Your point has been disproved therefor the thread should be closed.

kid_buu
03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
It's at the begginning of the Haku and Sasake fight on the bridge.

Yunacat
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, i've only read the manga up to a point, skipped, then went up all the way to 247 from there(which is most, i'll let you know), and it's not there from what i know of. I've only see the eps that are up currently on Narutocentral(120-124) so i can't say much there. What i can say is...this is anime, not real life... Anything could happen. If Kakashi made a statement like that, then anything coulda happened within the series to disprove even what he said...

Fierce
03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Kid Buu, they didn't break any rule. She was BORN with the advanced bloodline. What Kakashi meant, was like in Neji's case. Girls of the secondary part of the clan can't have it. If they're born into the main family, ofcourse they have it. (Hinata.) But if it were like Neji's sister, she's imcapable of receiving or ever having the Byakugan.

nelsonkong
03-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah..when Hinata fight Neji...she is using her byakugan..I know that for sure.

kakashi_00x000
03-09-2005, 10:38 PM
why would you think she can't use the byakugan eye? it's clear that she has it. Kiba even asks her to use it in the forest of death. I donno what you mean by "phenotype".

Uchiha Kaede
03-09-2005, 11:01 PM
i dont remember kakashi saying girls cant use byakugan...
and yeah what is phenotype

|tachi
03-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Hinata is from the head family so she must be able to use the Byakugan...

hotohori
03-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Yeah... I've watched that episode (Kakashi vs Zabuza) and I've never heard him say only males can have it.

Besides, like everyone here has been saying, it's been shown numerous times in the anime that Hinata DOES use byakugan:

- in the Forest of Death when Kiba asked her to scout the area ahead of them
- in her fight with Neji (have you seen these episodes? coz this is the clearest proof that Hinata does have and can use the byakugan)
- uhhh.... where else... i feel like i forgot something.. anyways! :p

But maybe Fierce's theory is right in that the females in the Branch Family can't have it (though I doubt it - Byakugan seems like a fairly prevalent ability in the Hyuuga clan).

Sant0ryu
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM
i dont see how it matters if she has it or not, she has it cuz shes born with it

Kaligoddess
03-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Even if it was recessive, a female could still have it. All it would take is two parents who had it, and there would still be a least a chance of the female child getting it, depending on whether the mother has one or more genes for it.

And for the person who asked:
Phenotype
The observable physical or biochemical characteristics of an organism, as determined by both genetic makeup and environmental influences.
or
The expression of a specific trait, such as stature or blood type, based on genetic and environmental influences.

And as we can see, Hinata displays the phenotype for her Limit as well as the
Genotype
The genetic makeup, as distinguished from the physical appearance, of an organism or a group of organisms.
or
The combination of alleles located on homologous chromosomes that determines a specific characteristic or trait

coconaught
03-10-2005, 04:57 PM
It doesn't matter, look at the picture of Hinata. You can clearly see the Byakugan. And I've watch the series over twice and I've never once heard Kakashi say that. What episode was it in?

Actually I can see where he is coming from because Kakashi's explanation said and I quote "the bloodline is passed down from father to son, or grandfather to grandson." but that doesn't mean that girls can't have it.

hotohori
03-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Actually I can see where he is coming from because Kakashi's explanation said and I quote "the bloodline is passed down from father to son, or grandfather to grandson." but that doesn't mean that girls can't have it.

Well.. I don't think they/Kakashi meant it literally as in.. it's just an expression... he could have said "...mother to daughter, or grandmother to granddaughter.." - only, we (most of us, that is) live in a patriarchal society so most of our expressions use males in it. (I hope somebody understands my ramblings.... :( )

brent_d
03-13-2005, 09:56 AM
OF course hinata inherited the bloodline,in fact she already did use byakugan in the Chuunin exam several times!

willy101
03-13-2005, 11:46 AM
i think hes trying to say that its a recessive rather than dominant gene so its unlikely that she'll have it

godzilla-j
03-14-2005, 11:22 PM
y's that hinata is not that good with the byakugan but she still uses it

Forcystus
03-15-2005, 05:18 PM
well the person that made this thread obviously has no idea what hes talking about. Hinata does have the byakugan, kakashi even says it in the same episode. he exactly says ''those guys down there can see the inner coil system'' only an idiot would say that she doesnt have it. this topic deserves to be closed when the answer was obvious to begin with...

fattymcfatty
03-16-2005, 08:31 AM
of course hinata has byakugan, cause she is main house u guyus r dooshes to think hinata isnt as good as neiji, she jus doesnt train as much

Phlemingo
03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
You are the.. what you call it... "doosh". If you had watched the episodes more thoroughly you would notice that Hinata trained very hard but just could not cut it.