PDA

View Full Version : Epi 125.. bought out a good point

Kage
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Is the non-lethal use of force mostly shown by Konoha's Nin toward their enemy a weakness?

Now I know these are Genin and 1 Chuunin, but I get the feeling that Leaf has much less desire to "win at all cost" then their contemporaries.. Sand, Sound, Water etc.

What do you think, standard feel good, good guys, writting or do you think they also take assasination missions and kill w/o regret or as easily as the other Shinobi villages?

And yes, I see the parallels between them and the Canadian military! heh heh!
(j/king) (leaf-Canadian flag)

god of the moon
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
yea i dont no why but they do seem more freindly but i dont think there weaker i reackon thave hade sum of the most powerful ninjas ever!

nma
03-10-2005, 12:38 PM
You're seeing genins fight, most of them aren't capable of killing someone yet. But the adults arent 'friendly.' Remember the sound/sand attack on the Leaf. We saw the fathers of Shikamaru, Chouji, Neji and Hinata fight, and they killed without hesiation. Remember that Naruto, Lee, Kiba and them are still kiids.

sabakunoGaara
03-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Actually from the beginning i have this impression that they dont kill someone unless they have to while others just dont mind killing anyone who comes in the way....but then again i remeber even kakashi and Gai wen they were fighting ya sure they never actually showed that they killd ppl but it seems like kakashi was using that uh omg i forgot what its called the knife thingy he was well...killing them i dont think they have that much an objection to kill their enemies, and even the genins...well Neji and Chouji seemed to have killed their opponents didnt they. and it wasnt that shika or Kiba couldnt kill their opponents its that they COULDNT...no more chakra. even kiba almost killed himself hoping it would kill the guy that merged with him so if thats not intent to kill then i dont know what is. so no i dont think they have weaker abilities to kill others..(but i voted yes anyway :p )

kidistight
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I think the Leaf genins are just softer right now because they are kids and never had a harsh childhood that hardened them up to the point where they would kill there enemy. I am sure with time they will in time kill there enemy when they have to.

SylentChaos
03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I thought 125 was like a suck up to the main point. I loved how Kankuro killed both the sako-bro's. Evil.... 0.o

kyuubi1
03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
this show needs more blood in the haku/zabuza arc there was quite a spillage of blood
& all of the sudden after the preliminaries theres not alot of blood been shown
yeah the leaf genin all seem to be happy when fighting they just wanna knock out the enemy out instead of killing them but the jounins & etc don't hesitate to kill the leaf genin need to toughen up & we need more blood spillage in the show its getting soft (must be for the us release they starting to make less bloody like dbz)

Uchiha Kaede
03-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Ya. the konoha should be more fierce in their fights now...
Like Neji and Chouji they were proud to have killed their opponents Jiroubu and kidoumaru

ddt705
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I thought 125 was like a suck up to the main point. I loved how Kankuro killed both the sako-bro's. Evil.... 0.o
man you looove violence dont ya?:cool:

sabakunoGaara
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
man you looove violence dont ya?:cool:

hahah well it was one hell of a good way! i found it satisfying that they actuallly showed blood...im getting sick of either seeing blood coming out of someones mouth or a splat here or there this one ws good :D

ddt705
03-12-2005, 12:24 AM
hahah well it was one hell of a good way! i found it satisfying that they actuallly showed blood...im getting sick of either seeing blood coming out of someones mouth or a splat here or there this one ws good :D
ic. well some parts are enjoying to watch, some other parts are not. i get sick of some of it.:(

Fierce
03-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Haha, Kakashi's knife thing. 1000 Years of Pain. It took me a second to think of what you were talking about. Yeah, but the only reason Konoha has less intent to kill is because they're so strong. They know if they have to do it, they'll kill without regret. But they try to be merciful and let people off so they don't start a war or some crap.

KyoichiKanami
03-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, one thing I think is why Konoha seems less violent is that they're the hero. You usually make the hero seem more heroic than the rest in a story. After all, who wants a hero that's disgusting? Another thing, yeah the Genin seem nicer, but we haven't seen all of them. And the ones we have weren't nessecarily pushed to the edge. For example, neji versus Kimimaro (is that the one?). He actually bet Kimimaro would die first. And was glad when he did outlive him. Now, who do you know that makes a game out of killing their opponent. And Shikamaru's techinque used against Tayuya. He was going to strangle her with their shadows. Coincidene? I think not!

brent_d
03-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I guess it depends upon the ninjas involved,since most of the ninjas seen in 125 were Genins, they have no experience of killing yet,so you cant accuse konoha to be gentle, its just a matter of the ranking of ninja.

willy101
03-13-2005, 11:43 AM
i think they arent as willing to go for the kill but then again they arent raised in that type of environment whereas the others are eg mist village they used to kill eachother to become genin or chuunin

sabakunoGaara
03-13-2005, 03:26 PM
they do kill...neji killed spider guy and choji killed Jiroubo (or wtv) i mean they dont mind killing them and like KyoichiKanami said...shika was trying to strangle tayuya...so they dont mind killing but sand villagers are too violent thats the difference...i dont see anything wrong in that do u? :D

STRAY_WOLF
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
They have to kill to stay alive...

Kyuubipandorachan
03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Leaf ninja is not as tough as the ninja in the Sand.

Archlan
03-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't think that Konoha should be very violent, sure they seem weak and vulnerable to stronger villages. But if they are running around killing everyone than they will be more of a tyranny over the other villages.

sabakunoGaara
03-16-2005, 01:11 AM
actually i watched episode..uh dont know...the zabuza fight...and haku inside the demonic mirror was talking and he was like im willing to break my kind heart and kill u (or smthg like that) and then zabuza was laughing and he was like thats the problem ur guys cannot kill anyone, thats the problem with konoha its such a peacful place and thats why it cannot create a true shinobi he said smthg a long those lines...so obviously these guys are all trained so they are better but still maybe he has a point

kidistight
03-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Leaf ninja is not as tough as the ninja in the Sand.
Actually that is the wrong choice of word, Naruto is tougher than Gaara, but he isn't as evil or cold hearted as Gaara to kill someone. At least not yet, maybe as he gets older and faces more evil ninjas that he will learn that not everyone can just be knocked out or drained of there chakra. They will keep coming back over and over again until you do finally kill them.
actually i watched episode..uh dont know...the zabuza fight...and haku inside the demonic mirror was talking and he was like im willing to break my kind heart and kill u (or smthg like that) and then zabuza was laughing and he was like thats the problem ur guys cannot kill anyone, thats the problem with konoha its such a peacful place and thats why it cannot create a true shinobi he said smthg a long those lines...so obviously these guys are all trained so they are better but still maybe he has a point
Obviously that is not the point, because the most recent Naruto we have seen would not have hesitated, he wouldn't have killed him but he would have made sure that no more of his friends were hurt.

sabakunoGaara
03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
ya i know i said its different now obviously but he was referring to konoha as a whole village and how it cannot make true shinobis not only these kids... i think he was talking in general he wouldnt say smthg like that just bcoz of 3 kids...im sure he's fought with many others from konoha and thinks that. also another thing...its not about hesitating to hurt someone else...if u remeber properly Haku tried to kill sasuke but couldn't and in the end when they showed that sasuke was actually alive they showed naruto remebering how zabuza said that he was too soft so in the end haku the one who love zabuza so much couldn't kill sasuke, what do u expect from these guys. so maybe they are hesitant to kill but in the end it comes down to : kill or be killed...and thats the only thing that will make them kill someone else