PDA

View Full Version : Don't think so or dun tink so

YoruWoNukeru
04-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I hope no one put this up already.
Which do you prefer and why?

For me, I just like writing the words proper. It's not like I type fast, I just think it helps me talk better.

But that's just me. ^_^

Jaded_Ninja_23
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I like dun tink so becuase it's cute. but that's just me too. lol :D

Freshgrease
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
OMGWTFBADENGLISHBBQ!!!!!!

Mal
04-12-2005, 12:20 AM
This is pretty stupid. Anyways, I'm a bugger for proper grammar and spelling, so I have to go with "don't think so".

shutdown
04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't think so......

Archlan
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow what a stupid poll, but anyways i don't think so

Freshgrease...ROFL

YoruWoNukeru
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Wow what a stupid poll, but anyways i don't think so

Freshgrease...ROFL

Well, what can I say, I was bored. I didn't think it would bother people whether it was stupid or not.

Sorry about that. ^_^

toma24135
04-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Well one is in english, and the other is in idiot, so I am going to go with english.

Peregrin
04-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Since I'm in California and I like to go against the grain, I'd pick "I don't think so." Don't forget the subject. Isn't grammar the best?! (suffering from sleep deprivation)

Ero
04-16-2005, 04:38 AM
hmm i use both, i don't think so when im in normal mode, i dun tink so is when im in super hyper idiotic mode :D

dreamer
04-21-2005, 07:59 PM
I like don't think so because dun tink so just bothers me...

Dizzykilla
04-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Dont think so..............biz when u use to much short word some times it way to hard to understand ppl

Phlemingo
04-23-2005, 08:19 AM
I do don't think so. I only use short forms of words if I'm stressed or tired, or if there is a limit, ie SMS.

Satone
04-23-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't think so.

I truly hate when people substitute words, or change them just so they can save time.

Dint
04-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Don't think so..

I don't like to read things which are in some kind of weird English. So, yeah.. I prefer the proper grammar and spelling.

god of the moon
04-23-2005, 04:16 PM
whatever quiker and plus i am absoluty CRAP at spellin:D

Yasha23
04-24-2005, 02:35 AM
I prefer to use the proper grammar instead of the ever-so-popular text messeging, shortened misspelled words, or even leet speak and hacker script (<--damn...those ones really bug the hell out of me).

I'm sorry, but if a person thinks it's "cute" or even just plain easier to get their point across by using any one of these four things, then they are sadly mistaken. Even I get completely confused by the whole mess that I actually have been known to misinterpret people. I know that I don't like to be misinterpretted, and neither does anyone else here, I'm sure.

So, why purposely misspell words or replace them with numbers? Because it's "cool"? If you don't mind being seen as a lazy, jackass, who can't seem to spell, then I guess it is.

And yes, I do understand that there are people out there who actually can't spell all that well. From time to time, I tend to be one of those people. So that comment does not apply to them. And if you've gotten offended by that statement, then I apologize. However, I can't stand it when people purposely misspell and misuse the english language like that. Sure, I tolerate it, like many other people do, but when it gets out of control like it has been lately, then I have to say something about it.

Misspelling words purposely is not cool. Text messeging (outside of using a cell phone or pager which allows text) is not cool. Leet Speak and Hacker Script are not cool either. They're are confusing, easily misinterpretted and just plain annoying!

YoruWoNukeru
04-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I prefer to use the proper grammar instead of the ever-so-popular text messeging, shortened misspelled words, or even leet speak and hacker script (<--damn...those ones really bug the hell out of me).

I'm sorry, but if a person thinks it's "cute" or even just plain easier to get their point across by using any one of these four things, then they are sadly mistaken. Even I get completely confused by the whole mess that I actually have been known to misinterpret people. I know that I don't like to be misinterpretted, and neither does anyone else here, I'm sure.

So, why purposely misspell words or replace them with numbers? Because it's "cool"? If you don't mind being seen as a lazy, jackass, who can't seem to spell, then I guess it is.

And yes, I do understand that there are people out there who actually can't spell all that well. From time to time, I tend to be one of those people. So that comment does not apply to them. And if you've gotten offended by that statement, then I apologize. However, I can't stand it when people purposely misspell and misuse the english language like that. Sure, I tolerate it, like many other people do, but when it gets out of control like it has been lately, then I have to say something about it.

Misspelling words purposely is not cool. Text messeging (outside of using a cell phone or pager which allows text) is not cool. Leet Speak and Hacker Script are not cool either. They're are confusing, easily misinterpretted and just plain annoying!

I agree. I don't hate it as much as the degree you said, but it still bugs me. ^_^