PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Licensed?!

Anto
11-26-2004, 04:42 AM
We know that Naruto is licensed by Bandai, but after some rumours around I heard that 4Kids Entertainment might get their hands on it, this means that the characters will be English speaking, there will not be all the Japanese fighting styles, they probably will eat burger and fries, instead of ramen and sake, there will be less aggressive modes, AND PLUS it will be like two years back... not to mention there will be English games and trading cards...

This is very bad... 4Kids managed to license Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon, Sailor moon etc... Could Naruto be next? What do you all think about this?

lito
11-26-2004, 05:00 AM
hopefully not... hopefully but i guess it may come to that cuz naruto is such a good anime many would like to license it cuz it will attract viewers...

goch1988
11-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Licensed? uhh...i hope not..but i'm going to buy the whole anime..when i hav time to KL (malaysia's main city)

itachi41
11-26-2004, 06:32 AM
I'm going to Japan on Monday ! I gonna buy the whole anime when i reached dere ! 1 more thing, I hope they will not liscensed naruto ! If not, it will lose viewers

goch1988
11-26-2004, 06:41 AM
Wow..cool man..Japan! Hmp..but i wonder they got 'translated' naruto there? They know how to hear japanese..dont they? XP

itachi41
11-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Well, i guess i could buy those that are subbed ! I guess there shld b

SylentChaos
11-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Whatever man, those were just rumours that 4Kids will get their hands on it. Its a fake.

kazu_chan
11-26-2004, 08:32 AM
hey well if they get there hands on it naruto will go down a few notches but yeah i dont think that will happen either i mean they would first put out shaman king...ect...!!

[Daisuke]
11-26-2004, 10:32 AM
If they licensed the earlier episodes, I'm sure that they wouldn't be allowed to have a say in what is produced for the newer episodes, as they wont have the rights to them just yet. I for one am very glad that they haven't got the license to it.

XiRo
11-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Damn I was flying through Asia, I thought I might be able to see if they have origonal subbed naruto dvds,
okay I guess I have to dismiss that idea.

~ XiRo

Night
11-26-2004, 10:40 AM
4Kids has not liscenced Naruto, but it is a definite possibility. Nobody thought the amount of violence in One Piece that it would be liscenced, but it was. Right now, except for Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho, 4Kids has been trying to get liscences for all Shonen Jump properties.

On the other hand, FUNimation has a kind of contract with Viz. Naruto always seemed like a property for FUNimation, so I would like to see them get thier hands on the series.

But, in the worst case scenario, 4Kids does buy Naruto, there a light of hope and justice. The uncut dvds. I bought the two Shaman King uncut dvds earlier this month. While the dub wasn't exactly that great, they didn't keep it kiddie. No stupid lines were added, even though there was some swearing. The subtitles for the japanese version kept the japanese names (such as Manta and Ryu) instead of using the dub names (Morty and Rio). Overall, despite the evil of 3 episodes per disc, the dvds should be one positive thing to look forward to if 4Kids does buy Naruto.

Roy Mustang
11-26-2004, 02:29 PM
who cares if they license it inuyasha became liscensed and i knew a lot of sites that kept letting u download inuyasha epis even pokemon i know lots of sites where they air them no dub its kinda cool undubbed more blood and violence

Aruko
11-27-2004, 07:51 PM
i think it would suck if that happened to naruto!
is that what happened to ruroni kenshin?

spiral_vortex
11-27-2004, 09:56 PM
i dun want naruto to become like one piece....= ( no online downloads nemore...so i hope it wont get licensed

SylentChaos
11-27-2004, 10:46 PM
who cares

I do, no more free downloads, or cool japanese ONLY voices. Instead of oh, lets eat HAMBURGERS (like..., wtf?)

spiral_vortex
11-27-2004, 11:58 PM
i agree with the first part the second part...eh......i always take anything thats free sept special candy and brownies and drugs...lol ..i like naruto the way it is

swordmasterdrg
11-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Alright here's what I heard, Naruto has been liscensed to be dubbed. I think that either viz or 4Kids is distrubing it but the actaul dub is being done by a japanese company.

drbazy1069
11-28-2004, 11:44 PM
its going to suck if naruto is going to be licenced

Roy Mustang
11-29-2004, 01:10 AM
it is gonna be licensed but they are still gonna air 'em at japan right (undubbed ones) so naruto central and other naruto sites will probably still have em up

SonicAdvDX
11-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh god, no... No more legal downloading... It might turn itno a crappy anime like Pokemon! God, no.

goch1988
11-29-2004, 01:38 AM
LOLZ..its not gonna be a prob for me /pif...NAruto's eps is on sale..there's non at ur place?

SonicAdvDX
11-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Heck no. I like in the most insignifigant state in the United States. We don't hardly have anything. The closest thing we can get to anything Japanese is a Suncoast shop at Lakeside Mall, and the don't sell Naruto.

itachi41
11-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Are they really gonna get it licensed . I guess its bad news for some ppl ...

SonicAdvDX
11-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Yeah, some people like me.

I suppose that if they license it, Suncoast might start selling the DVD's but that would still suck, because I'd have to spend money on DVDs that have three episodes on a disk, which is not well worth it...

itachi41
11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Nahz, a dvd is lyk 3h+ long i bought it ... it had lyk 9 episodes in it or so ... if nt lesser considering each episode 20min long

SonicAdvDX
11-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Hm, well then, that's not too bad... Well, still, where I live, they will be coming out with one DVD every month, or so. So, I'd still have a long time to sit and wait (approx: 12.3 months) for the DVDs after Episode 111 to start coming out and start being bought by me.

Roy Mustang
11-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Heck no. I like in the most insignifigant state in the United States. We don't hardly have anything. The closest thing we can get to anything Japanese is a Suncoast shop at Lakeside Mall, and the don't sell Naruto.
i live in the usa (i live in san diego california) and there is one huge ass ANIME/MANGA STORE CALLED RINSING SUN CREATIONS DAT SELL LATEST NARUTO STUFF and every other sets

Cain
11-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Why do any of you care?

If Naruto is indeed being liscensed, what will any of you do?

I doubt you would all stop downloading fansubbed episodes.

Besides, the american "anime" companies tend to take 4 years to do anything, by then we'd be through most of the series before they air the first episode.

Saru129
11-29-2004, 11:35 AM
My earlier prediction was that next year Naruto would be shown on FoxBox.

Now I am praying that, if Naruto is licsenced, Naruto appears on Toonami.

a much better trade in my opinion

minimiki
11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
gahh...i hate it wen they dub good animes, they ruin most of it with their crappy voices if you ask me

horus
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
I think funimation would do a better job than 4kids entertainment.

SonicAdvDX
11-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, Funimation would be better off doing Naruto. They don't get really annoying voice-actors.

colini
11-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I think its just best that they don't do it at all.
MayB naruto wont be taken serious NEmore..

AniMaster
11-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't think it's any thing to worry about. All the Naruto sites have built themselves up so much that there's no way they'll stop putting the subs up for download. All a dub will do is make us appreciate the subs more. I hope...

drbazy1069
12-02-2004, 11:05 AM
are sites going to keep the naruto episodes up? what do you guys think? i mean some sites still hae dbz and that show was licenced a long time ago so i dont think naruto will be affected at all

brent_d
12-28-2004, 01:09 PM
if the rumors are true, i hope they would license it only after the series is finished,that way,they wouldn't stop the free download until then...