PDA

View Full Version : 12-year old boy kills man for attacking his mom

OffTheChain
04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080402/ap_on_re_us/boy_stabs_man
Wed Apr 2, 12:40 PM ET

HYATTSVILLE, Md. - A 12-year-old boy fatally slashed a man who was attacking his mother at the boarding house where they lived, authorities said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Salomon Noubissie, 64, died at a hospital after he was slashed across the neck Monday night in the home in the Landover area.

Cpl. Diane Richardson, a spokeswoman for Prince George's County police, said Wednesday that authorities hadn't decided whether the boy would be charged with anything. They were reviewing the case with the state's attorney's office.

The boy said he had been playing a video game Monday night when he heard his mother, Cheryl Stamp, scream. He found her on the kitchen floor, straddled by a fellow resident who was choking her.

"I kept saying, 'Stop! Stop! Stop!'" the boy told The Washington Post, which published his account without giving his name. "But he just ignored me. He didn't stop. He just kept hurting her."

The boy said he took a knife and swung at the man. Police say they found Noubissie with a knife wound to the upper body.

Stamp said she didn't fully realize at first what her son had done. "He didn't say anything," she said. "But I knew when I looked in his eyes. I said, 'Oh, Lord.' "

Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age kill someone to protect his mother.

"In Maryland, there can be a legitimate defense of third parties in the event of a violent attack," State's Attorney Glenn F. Ivey told the newspaper. "That is a possibility in this case."

Stamp said she and Noubissie, a Cameroonian immigrant, had moved into the boarding house within days of each other three months ago and had become friends. Stamp said Noubissie had told her he was studying to be a psychiatrist.

But on Monday night, she said, he was acting differently. He started to yell at her and grab her hair.

"He threw me down and started choking me. I think that's when my son came in. ... He protected me," she said.

Noubissie was combative with officers when they arrived, even as he was bleeding heavily, she said.

The boy said he was not happy with what happened but felt he had no choice.

"I told God that I had stabbed him because he was killing my mother. I know he understands, and I think he will keep us safe now."

I like this kid.

Tsuna
04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I do too. I'd do the same thing if somebody tried to pull that shit on my mom.

Xicidal
04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I second that!

Distortion
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Stabbing and murder is going a bit far, a classic knock out woulda been better, but meh bad luck for picking on people I guess.

Xicidal
04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Stabbing and murder is going a bit far, a classic knock out woulda been better, but meh bad luck for picking on people I guess.

I probably would went for a rear naked choke myself... he would been out in 10 seconds maybe faster! If I was 12 though I would went for a knife too!

Kina
04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
The child is a hero. If they convict them, they'll see Hell. I doubt they will, too much bad PR.

Tsuna
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Kina speaks the truth. I'd join the protesters if I had the chance. xD

musicjustin1
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
cool. i did that once.

NarutoFreak Jr.
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
This kid has guts.. and he saved his mom. ;) The youth of the nation!

musicjustin1
04-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Kids suck!!!!! Even tho I am a kid.

Ami-san
04-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Nice kid, he killed him in a "Bitch, dont ignore me!" fashion. Did the right thing imo.

OG
04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
this was a justified kill <.< >.>

LonelyNinja
04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
This kid is gonna go far in life.

Mashed Potato
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Meh you can't trust the veracity of a one-sided story >_>

But if their claims were true.. then the boy doesn't deserve a harsh punishment. Though this would make the the killing of a life seem kind of trivial..

4EvEr-Kazekage
04-04-2008, 11:42 PM
My goodness,slashed along the neck,and a 12 yr old did this?!
...that's some Micheal Myers move right there <_<

On a side note,i would probably do the same thing if some guy did that to my mom... >_<

Kites
04-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I would of done the same.
Definitely.

That's my Mother, dammit.

Mashed Potato
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Naw, you guys are so sweet... savage, but sweet <3

shadow_moon
04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
can you say that it was a self-defense?

slash in the neck? where did he saw that in naruto....

Seal_master
04-07-2008, 04:47 PM
lol damn this kids gona get some kick ass present for christmas

but he only stabbed him, if i was that kid i would have cut the fuckers head off and skinned it, then kept the skull as a trophy

this kid a hero

sikfearless0
04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I hope he doesn't get into trouble for this, others wise that would suck really bad. This kid should be given a medal.

ShinobiKnight
04-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Someone should show this to Jack Thompson. If that kid hadn't been a gamer, he would never have had the balls to stand up for his mother. Violent video games FTW!

All jokes aside, he did what the situation called for. He grabbed the nearest weapon and went for the attacker's weak spot. The kid had guts where others might've turned and phoned the police, who wouldn't arrive until after his mom was dead. I don't think he deserves a medal or any kind of reward; I mean, he still killed a man. But he shouldn't be charged with any crimes, and he should be respected as a hero.

Satoku
04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
where do you find this?

Kata
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
W00t go 12 year old!

But I don't blame him. I'd do the same thing, shit you don't mess with my momma. But I never thought he'd have it in him to actually kill 'im. But, kid's got power. I hope it was one of my cousins so I can use him as a threat.

videosk8er
04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I would of done the same.
Definitely.

That's my Mother, dammit.

I would to

radio_trey
04-07-2008, 09:42 PM
hold on a boy killed a man 4 striking and can i join

YoshiToshi
04-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I heard this on the news when it happened, and I have to say-- I think it's great. Although it's a shame that the man was killed (even though he probably deserved it for attacking someone), I think it's just awesome to see a kid protect his mom like this by killing the attacker. I haven't seen or heard of such a thing before, so I was kinda happy when I heard about it.

kluang
04-07-2008, 10:16 PM
This kid should be the inspiration to all kids in the world. Who said violance game is bad? It teach you what to do when the situation calls.

LONG LIVE GTA!!!!!

Yeah I'' do the same too

kuneria
04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
that was mostly self...uhh human defense but he was taking it to far it was a good thing to protect his mother but using a knife was a little >_>
<_< crazy i should say but in a time of desparation and panic that was probably the first thing that a boy who plays video games all day his age would do.

miho_san
04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
hey.. that dude kid is sweet! and caring too... aww.. he really loves his mom... he's an inspiration!!!

kuneria
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
he is an insparation >_> i violent one that could have like just you know kicked the man off instead of like stabbing or slashing him

demonchildXX
04-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow...that's amazing...Never have I heard in my entire of a 12 year old who would go as far as to slice the man's neck in order to save his mother's life...Truly amazing...That child is quite protective of his mother...it is obvious that he loves her so very much. I thought it was very sweet. I really would love to give that kid a hug if I could. I would've done the same thing. I mean...he didn't have any choice...it was like 5 more seconds or it's too late. He had to do something. I think he did okay...I think it was the right thing to do. Still though..a 12 year old...that's amazing. Good job, kiddo.

DGLG
04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
LOL

Kid: You white boy, wtf are ya doing?
Killer:..............
Kid: You bitch, I'm talking to ya
Killer:.................
Kid: Yo!!!
Kid takes a knife
Madara: Yes, kill him and take his eyes.
Killer: Get away kid, this is a killing scene
Kid: A killing scene? THIS-IS-GETHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid kills the dude

Lol I like this kid

Jaxon
04-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Says he was playing a videogame. What's the betting that it gets implicated somehow in making him do it?

Jord
04-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Justice has been served in the form of whoop-ass from a 12 yr old. Go him!

shinbu
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
nothing can happen 2 the kid because it was self defence

radio_trey
04-10-2008, 08:01 AM
dats mess up

kenneth20748
04-10-2008, 08:05 AM
I saw this and I believe he should get a reward. I congrate him and I hope he tells this story to everybody he meets. I bet he'll never hear trouble from his mom ever again

demonchildXX
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree. You guys are right. That kid should really get awarded somehow for what he did.

Sevi
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I agree with all of you, the guy has guts. Although I think he kind of went overboard, I mean he didn't have to kill him. >.>

This story is inspiring but i don't think they're gonna let him off without some kind of punishment.

hippiematt
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Well in that situation I really would be to scared to know what I would do, I'd probally do the same thing, but I really can't tell and I hope I'm not in that sad kids position right now, hes going to feel bad for the rest of his life most likely, because you may have thaught it was right to do, but you took someones life so the guilt will follow him forever and would probally need a phyciatrist ot handle his feeling since hes really young.

dats mess up

Good choice of words. lol

radio_trey
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
that kid got heart

tenkaichymaster
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm...

The guy desserved it, the kid did right in protecting his mother, also it's a good entrance to what the true world is....

Almost any human being will do the same to protect the being that gave life to him/her, it's an instinct,

I know justice is really messed up, but even in this case, justice should be at this kid's favor...

ShinobiKnight
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
that was mostly self...uhh human defense but he was taking it to far it was a good thing to protect his mother but using a knife was a little >_>
<_< crazy i should say but in a time of desparation and panic that was probably the first thing that a boy who plays video games all day his age would do.

I disagree with you. The attacker, being an adult, had the advantage of size, strength, and speed. If the kid had used his fists or kicked him, the dude would've got up, beat the shit out of the boy (maybe even killed him), and resumed what he had been doing. The kid needed a weapon if he wanted both himself and his mother to survive, and he happened to be in a kitchen. Guess what was closest?

サイです。
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I disagree with you. The attacker, being an adult, had the advantage of size, strength, and speed. If the kid had used his fists or kicked him, the dude would've got up, beat the shit out of the boy (maybe even killed him), and resumed what he had been doing. The kid needed a weapon if he wanted both himseld and his mother to survive, and he happened to be in a kitchen. Guess what was closest?

EXACTLY. That's almost exactly what I was going to post.

Grimmjow
04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
That is one brave kid. To those of you who think he went too far, I think he did the right thing, one way or another someone was going to die in this situation. In fact I think if he hadn't killed the guy, there would have been two fatalities instead of just one. The guy would have killed his mother then killed him since he is a witness.

I think the kid had no real options, I mean I see no way that the kid could have fended off a full grown man with his physical strength, the only thing he could do is use a weapon.

videosk8er
04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
That is one brave kid. To those of you who think he went too far, I think he did the right thing, one way or another someone was going to die in this situation. In fact I think if he hadn't killed the guy, there would have been two fatalities instead of just one. The guy would have killed his mother then killed him since he is a witness.

Thats what I was thinking

MangaKitty
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
that kid is cool. i wish my 12 yr old lil bro was that cool.

Hokage4354
04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
If I saw someone choking my mom, I'd probably go as far as this too.....

Only because I could'nt imagine what life would be like without a mom....

greenday313
04-17-2008, 04:01 AM
In that kind of situation, I would rather stab him in the back or leg, THEN choke him.

Kaine
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
The kid was very young to hit the guy and do him any damage.So the primitive instict took over.I agree the boy isn't guilty of anyting but I can't say I felt the boy was a hero.I would probably do the same thing if things got out of hand but it still doesn't feel right for a 12 old to kill someone...

kenneth20748
04-22-2008, 03:12 PM
The kid was very young to hit the guy and do him any damage.So the primitive instict took over.I agree the boy isn't guilty of anyting but I can't say I felt the boy was a hero.I would probably do the same thing if things got out of hand but it still doesn't feel right for a 12 old to kill someone...

Well let me put it to you in this perspective; American troops go overseas and are paid to kill the opposition. They come home as heroes. Killing is wrong no doubt about it, but if it's going to a right cause and the world is better off with the person dead, then yeah, he (or she) would be a hero. But if you look at this war in particular in Iraq, there really isn't a lot or reason why innocent Iraqi people die from our fire. So this argument would only make this 12 year old much more of a hero

Babyface BK
04-23-2008, 01:33 AM
That kid did the morally right thing, I mean if it was someone older they may have stabbed the guy in the back to just injure him long enough to get their mother to safety. But him being 12 you could argue he can be excused but seriously nowadays with all the media and everything children have a much higher understanding of the world then we did back then. But I won't lie if I was in his position I would've done much worse facing a jail sentence would've been worth it for me. This doesn't just go for my moms I'd do it for a lotta other people close to me.

Matthekage
04-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Some times a man just has to do what a man has to do, even if he's a 12 year old boy. Just ask he's mother if she thinks he is a hero. Nothing can be more important than your kin, the good and the bad. In that situation, I can only guess that a lot of people would freeze, you wouldn't have time to think about the consequences of your actions either. Nice work kid, not guilty of a crime.

Kazekage Gaara
04-24-2008, 05:38 PM
the kid did the right thing. that was to protect his mom i know i would something to protect my mom.

Mishima_Setsuna
04-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I say that was a smart move. Id do the same but for anyone, even though my relations are different from son-mom with me, that would be an oppurtinity to take out my inner rage.

CamzyD
04-11-2009, 08:35 PM
the moral of this story is- don't fucking touch mum
would do the same thing in that situation or something a bit more extreme tbh-although i don't condone killing...go kid go

the power of youth

itachijm
04-11-2009, 11:51 PM
we got a new michael myers on our hands here but i feel his pain

Naruto2008
04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
This 12 year old has the right idea. "No one messes with my mom." I would have done the same thing.

TucanaTheToucan
05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
That kid has serious guts for protecting his mom like that!
I'd tip my hat for him, but I haven't got a hat.

darkdivine
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL... 12 vs 64. You've seen the outcome. Old people better not mess with them young kids. They are nuts these days.

SlumberingAces
06-23-2009, 12:55 PM
The point of killing was out of line and it will certainly reflect on his future as he gets older. I admire the reason of his justice but not the outcome. I do hope that this child does not see this is the right thing to do, because he could possibly do this again and I'm certain it wont be the same reason as this.

Miburo
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow, some of you guys are dumb. I hope you guys get attacked, pull the dumbshit "Oh, I won't use lethal force for defensive purposes because that is super mean hurr hurr" pansy shit, and get killed because if it so I can lol.

zer0systm
06-23-2009, 11:08 PM
He should of wrapped a bandanna round his head stood above the bloody corpse and yelled "LIIIIIIIQQQQQQUUUUUIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!"

chisengan
06-24-2009, 02:41 PM
this kid is awesome 12 years old and hes already killed some one i can't wait to see what kind of stuff he does as an adult

narutojm
06-25-2009, 08:55 AM
thats fucked up