PDA

View Full Version : Anime insults Islam.

OffTheChain
05-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Publisher to suspend cartoon sales after Muslims say it insults Islam

Thursday 22nd May, 09:06 AM JST

CAIRO —

A popular Japanese cartoon is sparking off outcries in the Muslim world where some fear it could fuel a backlash not seen since European papers carried cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed and a Dutch lawmaker released a controversial film earlier this year.

Shueisha Inc, a Japanese publisher involved in the production of the cartoon ‘‘JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure’’ and its animation version, suspended sales of some of the original comics and the DVD series Thursday, but said the material was not intended to be offensive.

At issue is a 90-second segment from “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure,” which depicts Dio Brando, a villain, picking up a Quran from a bookshelf and apparently examining it as he orders the execution of the hero and his friends.

The animated movie is based on the wildly popular comic book by Hirohiko Araki, which has been carried in Shonen Jump, a weekly magazine, from 1987 to 2003. The cartoon series’ pirated version with Arabic subtitles has been distributed on websites since March 2007.

After a viewer posted negative comments and the still scene, it sparked off more protests. Eventually responses were carried on more than 300 Arab and Islamic Web forums with some accusing Japan of insulting the Quran.

Sheikh Abdul Hamid Attrash, chairman of the Fatwa (religious edict)
Committee at Al-Azhar, the highest Sunni authority based in Cairo, dismissed the cartoon as an insult to Islam.

‘‘This scene depicts Muslims as terrorists, which is not true at all,’’ he said. ‘‘This is an insult to the religion and the producers would be considered to be enemies of Islam.’’

In responding to the accusation, the Shueisha official explained that it was ‘‘a simple mistake.’’

‘‘Neither the original comic nor the animation intends to treat Muslims as villains. But as a result, the cartoon offended Muslims.’’ said the official. ‘‘We apologize for the unpleasantness that the cartoon may have caused and will carefully consider how to deal with religious and culture themes.’’

The official said one of animators came up with the idea of using an Arabic book in order to give the scene a more authentic feel as the villain was hiding out in Egypt.

With that in mind he went to the library and found a book, which turned out to be the Quran and inserted it. No one realized the mistake as no one could read or speak Arabic, the official said.

Other reactions included website postings citing their offense as the suggested correlation between the villain and his reading of the holy book, as well as the underlying message suggesting that children who read the Quran will become villains.

‘‘There are prejudiced pictures about the greatest and purest divine book, our Great Quran, in a new cartoon series called JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure...what is the purpose of putting these pictures?’’ a well circulated Internet message asks.

Although the Japanese publisher explained that the Quran was not included in the original comic book version, the scene appears in episode 6 of the cartoon’s first original animation video, ‘‘Stardust Crusaders,’’ which was produced by A.P.P.P (Another Push Pin Planning) Co in 2001.

‘‘There is a wicked man in a cartoon series called JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and this villain appears in a clip while reading Holy Quran...even the Japanese began to depict Muslims as evil persons and terrorists in their cartoon films,’’ said Qannas al-Jazira, one of al-Hesbah most active members.

Al-Hesbah is a major Islamic website used as a clearing house for Islamic militants’ statement.

Despite the apology from the company, some such as Aly Yassin, are not willing to accept the error.

As an Egyptian Internet cafe owner in Cairo, Yassin, believes the objective of the Japanese producers is to say, ‘‘This evil character derives its subversive ideas from this book, the Holy Quran...this indicates the deep-rooted rancor against Islam and the misconceptions about Quran meanings.’’ ‘‘This is unjustifiable,’’ he said.

Still others, such as Gamal Qutb, the former head of the Fatwa Committee at Al-Azhar, were even tougher, suggesting that Muslims would boycott Japanese products unless Japan takes action against the controversial video.

‘‘Muslims will be forced to adopt a position toward their civilization, from arguing their worship through boycotting their products to responding in the same manner if necessary,’’ he noted.

On the other hand, Henry, 50, a Christian administrator in Beirut, who only gave his first name, spoke about his concern about Muslims’ intolerance toward freedom of expression. He thought that a boycott of Japanese products or an attack on producers was going too far as he pointed to negative examples prevalent in the Hollywood film industry.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/publisher-to-suspend-cartoon-sales-after-muslims-say-it-insults-islam

‘‘This scene depicts Muslims as terrorists, which is not true at all,’’ he said. ‘‘This is an insult to the religion and the producers would be considered to be enemies of Islam.’’

Hokage4354
05-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Deplicting them as "terriorists" doesn't need
to cause some huge debate.

Besides, if they were smart, they wouldn't
start a debate by going all
"You're rascist"
on them. =/

Kushina
05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Hasn't this happened already like a couple years back.
Honestly every show you watch now a days has something to do with putting down races. Hell if any of you watch mind of Mencia you know what I'm talking about.
The point that its now in anime is no suprise to me. South Park had issues with this a while back and they've been doing this shit for years. I honestly don't see the big deal.
They need to learn to get over these things. It's only the author's point of view and thus shouldn't be taken so seriously. I get the fact that this could cause immense turmoil in those regions but seriously it's just a cartoon!!!

Shikamaru2007
05-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I highly agree that anime sometimes go off limits ... this is unacceptable ....
I'm glad that I didn't watch these Kindda Animes ....
Not all of Muslims are Terrorists .... Terrorisn has no Religion
Btw , I'm a Muslim

Hokage4354
05-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Shikamaru, You're back!
*glomps*

*cough* *cough*
Now back on topic...

Yea, that's kinda over the top a bit.

Tsuna
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Deplicting them as "terriorists" doesn't need
to cause some huge debate.

Besides, if they were smart, they wouldn't
start a debate by going all
"You're rascist"
on them. =/
Lmao @ stealing Bal's post format.

This is messed up, though. I'm on the Muslim's side.

Kushina
05-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, I never said it was right but what you have to understand is they are just cartoons. It may not be right and many may find it offensive but at the same time you have those perverse humans that get off on making fun of other races. My point being you see this kind of thing everyday. I personally don't have issues with any race, I hate veryone equally as a person. Race really means nothing to me. As for the Quran, I do realize it's a holy book to the islamic people and that making a mockery of something like that is injustice but if you look around how many shows do you find with the bible being mocked and christianity being stepped on. All religous sects and belief systems have been subjected to this kind of act and what did they do about it? They moved on and cast it aside. Parents control what their children watch most of the time and religious icons give their views on whats acceptable in their beliefs. So if this is unacceptable to you then please by all means get into a world wind of arguments with the company and author of such media. Do't know how much good it will do you. But at the same time you could also be expressing your views to those around you and have them spread them amongst others and soon such inlfuencal dribble as this wont see the light of day except for a few minor idiots that would accept it.

Miburo
05-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, how fucking stupid are these crybaby muslims? Holy shit, bad people can read religious books? No way! Doesn't mean the book, or people that subscribe to the principles written in the book, are evil or bad in anyway because some bad cartoon character reads it. It doesn't even come close to implying it either. What kind of shitty ass logic is that?

And even if it there was actually something in there that is meant to insult muslims, then it is still too fucking bad. These crybabies need to grow the fuck up and realize that people's freedom of expression shouldn't be limited just because some baby-dicks' panties got all bunched up.

People hate scientologists because of shit just like this. It's muslims like this that give Islam a bad name, not fucking cartoons.

speedhost101
05-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Racist bastards.I'M A MUSLIM.Racism has shown up in a place I would have least expected.Manga/Anime.Terrorism has no religion.George bush is a bitch.I have no idea why I just said the G Bush thing, but he can shut his crap about nuclear wepons coz' *cough* usa nuked japan *cough*.I didn't ask for these extremists did I.All I ask is that they don't say that they all are extremists.You can't walk down the streets these days without a policeman with their eyes on you, while a white guy is mugging someone.Fuck them.They can go suck Israel's dicks, when and if they get any.

Kushina
05-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, how fucking stupid are these crybaby muslims? Holy shit, bad people can read religious books? No way! Doesn't mean the book, or people that subscribe to the principles written in the book, are evil or bad in anyway because some bad cartoon character reads it. It doesn't even come close to implying it either. What kind of shitty ass logic is that?

And even if it there was actually something in there that is meant to insult muslims, then it is still too fucking bad. These crybabies need to grow the fuck up and realize that people's freedom of expression shouldn't be limited just because some baby-dicks' panties got all bunched up.

People hate scientologists because of shit just like this. It's muslims like this that give Islam a bad name, not fucking cartoons.

GO MIBS!!!!

Pretty much the exact same thing I said but much cruder XD

Speed- the point we are tryin to make is that yes racism is bad but get over it, its done all around the world and cartoons and comics are no exception.
If you try and sensor shit like this it's only going to get worse. If you dont like what you see then don't look at it. As for all the american shit you just mentioned, Im really in no state to go into that with you. There are belief systems in this country and every where else around the world that are scrutinized just as much as another. Racism is no exception to this.

My whole statement in a nutshell:

Get the hell over it or go cry to someone who cares!!!! This shit is done everywhere and anyone who actually lets it bother them is just lame. kthnxbai

Miburo
05-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Pretty much the exact same thing I said but much cruder XD

Yeah, I just wanted to get a cruder version up in here. ; )

Racist bastards.I'M A MUSLIM.Racism has shown up in a place I would have least expected.Manga/Anime.Terrorism has no religion.George bush is a bitch.I have no idea why I just said the G Bush thing, but he can shut his crap about nuclear wepons coz' *cough* usa nuked japan *cough*.I didn't ask for these extremists did I.All I ask is that they don't say that they all are extremists.You can't walk down the streets these days without a policeman with their eyes on you, while a white guy is mugging someone.Fuck them.They can go suck Israel's dicks, when and if they get any.

Lol@bolded.

And there wasn't any racism (Or, more relevantly, insults towards any religion) in the cartoon. It's just a bunch of pussies looking for any excuse possible, no matter how silly and stupid it is, to cry all over the place.

speedhost101
05-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Whatever.Then if you acept that trash, except this!Scottich are bastards, seriously, one tried to bully me, I knocked the shit out of him.Nigga stole my bike, na nigga stole, na (the funny part about that one is that a nigga made that fad, and I do belive someone stole my bros bike):http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFt9Dp2nGYk
Look at , india say to da balck girl :We want white girls for the cheerleaders.Lol.This will teach you.Whatever.All I know is, not the fact of just this situation, the fact that muslims get a bad name.Anyone who doesn't like muslims can go sleep with some isrealy and burn in hell.

Introspection
05-23-2008, 06:45 PM
There a few bottom lines that people should take from this. If they have a problem with Islam being associating with terrorism, than they should do something about the Islamic terrorist. Since, well, the Islamic fundamentalist terrorist ARE ISLAMIC! Somebody is always going to be insulted by something, the key here is to learn to get a sense of humor. Unless its directly bashing you, get over it. Watch Carlos Mencia, that show efficiently portrays the way people should view offensive material, especially those with humorous backgrounds.

And I am against Islams, the religion, not the people and pro reason. You see, to a fundamentalist Islam the Quran, must be followed, and it states anyone who is not one, must die. I've looked it up, its there, those people suck that religion sucks. But reason at least makes those who do realize how much bull shit that is, to not go along with it. Point being, its because of reason not Islam that makes some people good. Good people, not good Islams. Fuck Islam.

If I have to change some stuff- okay, but this is a little emotional for me.

Kushina
05-23-2008, 08:41 PM
There a few bottom lines that people should take from this. If they have a problem with Islam being associating with terrorism, than they should do something about the Islamic terrorist. Since, well, the Islamic fundamentalist terrorist ARE ISLAMIC! Somebody is always going to be insulted by something, the key here is to learn to get a sense of humor. Unless its directly bashing you, get over it. Watch Carlos Mencia, that show efficiently portrays the way people should view offensive material, especially those with humorous backgrounds.

And I am against Islams, the religion, not the people and pro reason. You see, to a fundamentalist Islam the Quran, must be followed, and it states anyone who is not one, must die. I've looked it up, its there, those people suck that religion sucks. But reason at least makes those who do realize how much bull shit that is, to not go along with it. Point being, its because of reason not Islam that makes some people good. Good people, not good Islams. Fuck Islam.

I wouldnt change a thing, its your own opinion and you should hold to it. As for the Mencia comment, read back I already stated that but props to you for advancing it further. Also as far as religion goes I think all religions just suck. Too many rules to live by and to many things that if you dont do your screwed, Islam is no exception to that. I do not agree with how they treat women and I do not agree with many of the basic principles by which they guide their existance in this life. But as far as Im concerned I hate everyone equally unless you've made an impression on me and made me think you were actually worth my time to talk to.

Whatever.Then if you acept that trash, except this!Scottich are bastards, seriously, one tried to bully me, I knocked the shit out of him.Nigga stole my bike, na nigga stole, na (the funny part about that one is that a nigga made that fad, and I do belive someone stole my bros bike):http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFt9Dp2nGYk
Look at , india say to da balck girl :We want white girls for the cheerleaders.Lol.This will teach you.Whatever.All I know is, not the fact of just this situation, the fact that muslims get a bad name.Anyone who doesn't like muslims can go sleep with some isrealy and burn in hell.

Ok honestly your pushing the wrong buttons with this one. Can you seriously sit there and bitch about people making fun of your culture and heritage, saying its not right and all that shit. Then you turn around and start bashing other groups that seriously have nothing to do with you. You are the reason people avoid your type. Just because someone goes out and says something about your race you think it's ok to bash the rest of us. You a fucking hypocrite If I've ever seen one. You should be ashamed of yourself and what you stand for. I have a few Islamic friends my self that just laugh their ass of at this kind of crap, while you sit there and cry like a baby. Boo fuckin hoo, get over it, if you let shit like this get to you then you aren't even worth dirt I scrap of my shoes.

In the end we are all human and as such fighting, racism, hate, war, and all that bs comes with it. If you don't like it then off yourself right now and save the world and people around you the time and energy it would have taken to do it themselves and the crap they would have had to put up with while you were around.

Hiraku
05-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Man cry me a river no wander the middle east is baren and dry. They cry so much about being put down around the world were they are not the majority that we should respect there basic beliefs and such.

But when Christians or non muslims want to worship freely in muslim held lands they are threatened and attacked just becuase they are not muslim. To me that is racist and not acceptiable.

If Muslims world wide want us non believers to respect there beliefs and cultural diffrences in our lands that are not muslim dominated. Then they should learn to respect others beliefs with the same respect they want us to show them in our lands they must show the same respect to non muslims in muslim countrys.

the reason i said that the middle east is barren becuase all the salt there combined tears left behind dried up the land. ha ha.

does the image of the scorpion i drew offend muslims becuase what it represents.

LonelyNinja
05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Anyone who doesn't like muslims can go sleep with some isrealy and burn in hell.

It's over reactive shit like this that gives Muslims a bad name. Not the anime. Again, like Miburo said, does a bad guy reading a certain book make it evil? No, not at all. It's when people get all butt hurt and play the racist or discrimination card that they give off the wrong image.

Introspection
05-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt change a thing, its your own opinion and you should hold to it. As for the Mencia comment, read back I already stated that but props to you for advancing it further. Also as far as religion goes I think all religions just suck. Too many rules to live by and to many things that if you dont do your screwed, Islam is no exception to that. I do not agree with how they treat women and I do not agree with many of the basic principles by which they guide their existance in this life. But as far as Im concerned I hate everyone equally unless you've made an impression on me and made me think you were actually worth my time to talk to.

Heh, I guess an ironic thing is that I didn't read your previous comment. I read the orignal posts and responded to that.

speedhost101
05-24-2008, 04:35 PM

It doesn't say that they should die (I'm not really sure), but if you were bothered ebough to look that up, I dare you to look up some more.Read some quranic translations.I dare you.You will believe!Lol.Jokes.Or are they?..lol.Anyway, I wasnt truely highly affected by this thing in that anime, I just had to defend islam from you guys saying stuff like ''islam sucks''.Let's just laugh or ignore at this situation and move on, no bashing others kk.BTW, I realize I was being a hypocrite but I , ya' know..
I don't wanna' fight.You guys wanna look like shits?Go ahead.Islam isn't terorism.I know something tha.. *cough*Who nuked Japan?*cough*.Yes, yes, Iraq really has wepons of mas destruction, yes sure.Stop taking the oil bitches.

Introspection
05-24-2008, 04:46 PM
If your Islam, and you don't kill infedels, than you're a bad Islam and a good Islam would kill you.

rustys
05-24-2008, 05:48 PM
<.< wow i never expected this to even happen<.<

Introspection
05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
<.< wow i never expected this to even happen<.<

Well ya know what they say, expect the unexpected.

Hiraku
05-24-2008, 08:00 PM
who cares all you guys that wanna cry wolf and insult us as non muslims can go back a 500 years in time when Islam was at its prime. And as soon as the oil is gone in the middle east i wonder were you guys are gonna get any money from.

Shrike
05-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Heh.
I don't say that what what shown in the anime is cool, but hell, this is normal for most countries. I mean, wasn't the Bible used as weapon of murder tens of thousands of times? I didn't see Christians getting angry.
I didn't see black people whining over all those movies that always have the black guy die first, or die a villain who betrayed everyone for money of shit like that.
Lastly, I saw my country's people being depicted as terrorists millions of times and even the country itself as being "evil".

Introspection
05-25-2008, 12:26 PM
One more life lesson here;
It's about perspective, put yourself in their position. Ask how would they react, etc. and unless someone is violating your human rights, you can't attack theirs. And seriously, make better use of your time than complaining about little things, your physical being is just fine, build a bird house or something, jeez. You'll live a happier life that way.

UchihaTaijiya
05-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Yeah, my opinion has already been stated.... but I'll sum it up:

Sense of humor.. it's a quality that enriches life.

Freedom of expression, don't fucking deny it. <.< (bit of a paradox, me realizes that)

People can be idiots.

Extremists of any kind are a problem.

I am tired.

Introspection
05-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Sense of humor.. it's a quality that enriches life.

Harray, Daeism!

sheik
05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I kinda have to side with the muslims with this issue.

Some of you say it is just a cartoon but you need to look at stuff in the past. The Nazis used propaganda by drawing pictures of jewish people with bulbous noses and portraying them as villianous people. People though it was just cartoons until slowly they started getting brainwashed into thinking that "Why are the Nazis putting this stuff out if it is not true?" Then they started accepting this until it turned from bogus propaganda to I think Hitler is right in the people's eyes. That lead to more propaganda which lead to the "night of the broken glass" which lead to the holocaust. It all started with someone making propaganda that people felt meant nothing.

Now this case specifically, I felt was very mild and wasn't that offensive but there are other people who are willing to take it a step too far. I know there is someone out there who is going to take it too far and make a comic about muslims killing innocent people.

Knowing how many people was practically jumping out of there pants when they heard about the whole Golden Compass athiest ordeal, I know if it was something that directly affected you then you would be pissed that some punk was making up false propaganda.

We are becoming more selfish by the minute......

Miburo
05-26-2008, 07:41 PM
^Except, you know, they weren't even indirectly insulting islam. I could read the Quran and not have it affect my perspective of things at all. Unless the cartoon dude say "Hmm, says here that I should be fucking evil and kill good people lol" while reading it, then crybaby muslims are just being crybabies for no good reason.

Xicidal
05-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Muslim need to stop crying over every dam thing. They're getting as bad as Scientology. Probably worse sense Islam as a much bigger following. That also means it has more deviations in the group.

Propaganda is propaganda where is it not?

Kushina
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
UT makes proly the shortest and most to the point post in here so far. XD

Mine were drawn out and trying to explain to some of you people how if you let shit like this affect you, your just going to end up portraying that which your so much against at this time.

As has been said already by many, get the hell over it and move the hell on.
Stop whinning, crying, and throwing bitch fits when something doesn't go your way, or when it's offensive.

Shrike makes my point very valid, so as I said earlier get on with your lives!!!

sasuke_power
05-28-2008, 07:54 AM

=D ^^^

@This story- Wow how pathetic can people be seriously now come on here. This is the same type of shitty logic thats used for "debates" on things such as "video games leads kids to become murderers".

Seriously people (them) are missing the point, the point is, is because of shitty living conditions and numerous other problems in these regions, from what im reading here, these islamic people are just looking for excuses on explaining why they are living in such conditions and this is a way to put blame on what can cause or spark more of said conditions and "make things worse".
How stupid does that sound? seriously if a country and its people have a problem due to the economy etc, its more likely no more fault than the countries own government and people (who choose which countries and problems they associate with) which means if terrorists appear in ones own country, thats due to radical thinking of a group of people within there own country and is no more fault than only the terrorists themselves.
Seriously the show is just an anime, and an ANIME isnt gonna start a WAR or MASSIVE KILLING or any of that crap. Cartoons dont start wars PEOPLE do, there need's to be one or two factors from both sides of people warring for thus to happen, and a cartoon doesnt start this, the people who decide to fight amongst themselves start it. The same shit applies for terrorist's, terrorists in ANY country spawn because of RADICAL THINKING on their own behalves.

Seriously, Logic does not seem to be evident nowadays with some people now does it.
"It goes against or is insulting our religion" no its not, its a damn cartoon and was made for the point of producing MONEY, not to insult your "religion".

Theres no reason to argue this, as miburo told me once this is just another one of those things were you have one side of ignorant people arguing against logic.

kenneth20748
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I am ashamed on the behalf of religion because of this. If I got worked up every time I saw video or movies of a villain looking at the bible, I'd be on my death bed due to stress... 7 years ago.This is ridiculous. Someone said this before, but how come it's impossible for "not good" people to read Holy Texts such as the Quran? How do you think terrorists who are Muslim developed their beliefs? Caz they read the Quran. You can't deny that fact caz if you did, then you would give no credit for the REAL terrorists that are in the Middle East and other parts of the world. If the suicide bombers didn't think that committing suicide was a glorious thing under their god Allah, do you seriously think they would be doing that? Hell no, they'll be like their virgins our what ever can wait another day and Allah will just have to be praised some other way. These Muslims who use their religion to call the shots and undermine things like anime or journalism are no good.

Shikamaru2007
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
How do you think terrorists who are Muslim developed their beliefs? Caz they read the Quran
You screwed hard here ... Do u know what Quran is .... I'm a Muslim , and I see that Quran is the Best and Greatet Book on earth and will ever be .... Did U read the Quran ?
terrorism has no Religon , there are christian , jewish and muslim terrorists .... It deals with individuals not religons ... so , plz .... don't be harsh on islam and don't insult Quran ever again

kenneth20748
05-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Look, I never insulted or had intentions to insult the Ouran. You or anyone else on God's green earth can not deny the fact that only good law abiding Muslims read the Quran. If you are saying that then you have to look at the world one more time. If we can acknowledge that fact then we can move on. Terrorism doesn't have a religion we know, many people of different religious beliefs can be terrorists from Satanic to Atheists and yes Muslim. They are not called "extremists" for shits and giggles. They take the Quran out of context and twist the words inside to make their actions plausible to not only your god, Allah, and his or her people that they deal with.

I think you took my words from their original meaning. I wanna clear any confusion so we can be on the same page caz we are on the same side on the issue that this is not cool.

Terrorists is just people for we know not of their religion. That is why I made that word specific to terrorist who are Muslim, extremists is another word you can call them. They have to have a reason they believe their "version" of the Quran is the right one which is incorrect of the status quo of MOST Muslims. This is why they are called extremist because others who practice this religion believes that they are practicing an "extreme" version of the faith.

I'm not going to front an act like I know the requirements on become a Muslim but I take it that one has to read the Quran in order to call oneself apart of the Muslim faith. Like your bin Ladens in the world, can you say they are not Muslim because they don't practice it to the letter exactly like you would or somebody else half way across the world? So yes, the people who made that comment about villains reading the Quran, tell them to go look at a news channel. To believe that all Muslims are good hearted people is absurd. And I don't feel bad for anything I said either.

And no I never opened up the Quran, but I actually talked to a christian who was converted from Muslim and he talked about the Quran with me. He studies both it and the Bible. A couple of my friends talked deeply about it and the difference of the many Muslims in the world, the ones we see on tv talking about jihads against the western world and other Muslims who doesn't take that extreme side. I have a mentor reads it everyday and drops knowledge about it to me. So I'm not completely dumb on the subject. I'm not going to say I know on it more than you though. But it's not about me or you, but people who USES the Quran for purposes that was meant for it to be used. Pushing an agenda to falsify how ALL Muslims are in the world is one of them and I think it is wrong plain and simple.

balmung5000
05-29-2008, 07:50 PM
seriously cry moar peopel
you gotta be kidding me
he held up a book and said kill someone
was he depicted as a villian before he picked up the book
im sure he was so it wasnt because he picked up the book
he ordered the killing
hes just evil

anyway people need to
quit crying over everything
its a damn cartoon
worry abotu more important stuff
like the high gas prices or somehing
usefull

ShinobiKnight
05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with kenneth. While it is true that there are people who twist the words of the Quran to justify violent acts, there are people who do that with all sorts of texts, religious and nonreligious. It's not unique to Islams; it's just that most of the world's terroist problems lately have been from Muslims. To say all Muslims are peaceful and benevolent would be a lie; to say that all Muslims love violence and killing because murder is a core belief of Muslims would be an even bigger lie. Don't act as though Muslims are all or even mostly evil, or as though the Quran is the only text people have twisted to justify senseless violence.

That said, for some reason, there's a very low tolerance among Muslims in general for any non-Muslim beliefs. There are constant attacks against Christianity in almost every media outlet, yet you don't see news articles are huge numbers of Christians protesting any of this. They get angry, sure, maybe they avoid particularly anti-Christian outlets, sure, but never once has any stranger been declared an enemy of Christianity for insulting it (directly of indirectly), and if anyone ever was, I'd stomp the shit out of whoever declared them so.
Many Muslims, however, seem to be unable to stand the fact that there are people who, God forbid, aren't Muslim! Those people need to learn tolerance. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for freedom of religion. But when someone creates problems and disturbs everyone else because of religion, I put my foot down. If you don't do that, I could go so far as to say I'm glad you have something you believe in and stand for. Just remember that other people have beliefs they stand for, too.

And also, this "insult to Islam" was so riddiculously indirect that I'm amazed that so many people are acting as though they flat-out said "Islam is evil". If you have a problem with people sterotyping Islam in that way, live your life in a way that demolishes that stereotype, and everyone who knows you will see that it's false.

kenneth20748
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Let me counter your quote with one of my own...

Terrorism doesn't have a religion we know, many people of different religious beliefs can be terrorists from Satanic to Atheists and yes Muslim. They are not called "extremists" for shits and giggles.

Terrorists is just people for we know not of their religion. That is why I made that word specific to terrorist who are Muslim, extremists is another word you can call them. They have to have a reason they believe their "version" of the Quran is the right one which is incorrect of the status quo of MOST Muslims. This is why they are called extremist because others who practice this religion believes that they are practicing an "extreme" version of the faith.

I'm gonna have to disagree with kenneth. While it is true that there are people who twist the words of the Quran to justify violent acts, there are people who do that with all sorts of texts, religious and nonreligious. Don't act as though Muslims are all or even mostly evil, or as though the Quran is the only text people have twisted to justify senseless violence.

Look at my bold text and compare with yours. We agree and acknowledged that the extremists are not the majority, but the minority. And yes, people used Christianity for their own gains which was called the Crusades among many other stuff. Every religion is at fault and has SOME corruption INCLUDING Christianity and Islam.

kluang
05-30-2008, 08:03 AM
For the last time, Islam is not terrorist or evil. The one practicing it is. Maybe some are just overreacting and all. Most religion has its own problems with its believer. Don't dis the Quran. Rea dit first.

And I'm a Muslim

kenneth20748
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I quit, clearly people on here can't read what I write. I still believe what I said, and Islam is not a terrorist religion, it's just that terrorists practice it. Now I'm done.

OniKage
05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
and one more thing... it is only one anime that insults islam. Now do all others have the same thought? "anime" focuses on a general group, which is not right. Only some do it, so other anime must not be blamed...

Introspection
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
One more life lesson here;
It's about perspective, put yourself in their position. Ask how would they react, etc. and unless someone is violating your human rights, you can't attack theirs. And seriously, make better use of your time than complaining about little things, if your physical being is just fine, build a bird house or something, jeez. You'll live a happier life that way.

The point regarding the original issue here. People have too much time on their hands now.

It's true the Quran pretty clearly states to kill other who don't believe.

ANNOUNCE PAINFUL PUNISHMENT TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE (9:3)
Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve (8:55)
FIGHT THEM: ALLAH WILL PUNISH THEM BY YOUR HANDS AND BRING THEM TO DISGRACE, AND ASSIST YOU AGAINST THEM. (9:14)
FIGHT THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLAH, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, NOR FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF TRUTH, OUT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOK [Christians and Jews], until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and THEY ARE IN A STATE OF SUBJECTION. (9:29)

Source (http://www.blessedcause.org/Quran.htm)
There are others too but these are just a few of the quotes.

Now I really don't think I have to do this, but I'll clear this up.
Not all terrorists are Islamic. I have Islamic friends. My dad is from Iran. Not terrorists.
But! A fundamentalist (those that take strict translation) would end up a terrorist. So a 'good' Islam would follow the Quran word for word. Right? Well common sense should be saying no, because you don't just kill someone who doesn't believe the same as you. Which leads you to assume that it should be translated into your own way- a way which doesn't invlove the endless crusade to murder infidels, but you can still take what good ethics the Quran has to offer. Which common sense would dictate you shouldn't call yourself Islamic. But a human being who is just taking in life as they see it, hopefully with more reason than a theological fanatic.

hakushiro
05-30-2008, 02:16 PM
^Hmn.

You have a point, but at the same time you miss some.

Although you are right that the Qu'ran declares that the non-believers be fought, it doesn't say that they have to be killed. Even if a "fundamentalist" were to practice it "word for word", he wouldn't turn out to be a terrorist. Unless he's an extremist.

Plus, generalizing all muslims as terrorists is wrong (not you). These people were just unfortunate enough to be living in an unfriendly environment (biologically) and they have enough hardships with everyday life (really hot days, cold freezing nights). They don't need a political super power sitting on their hands. That's why they revolt. I'm not saying their method is right, either, no. I'm saying both sides aren't right (i.e. not necessarily wrong).

But putting all those people in a bag and then labeling them is definitely wrong. It doesn't help being a bigot, either. I have muslim friends (heck, even my sister's boyfriend is a muslim) and they say bigotry is the biggest obstacle they face, aside from being stereotyped.

Kudos to Shikamaru. Terrorism has no religion. Terrorism is not a issue that springs from religion. If aethists were in the very same position that those "terrorists" are sitting on, they'd turn into terrorists themselves. Better terrorists (or worse, whichever) than muslims, in fact. No "rules" and schedules to fulfill, no 3:00 pauses to pray.

Terrorism is a socio-political issue. Chaining it to religion is pure narrow-mindedness.

@ Kenneth: You sure you made that Yorouichi sig in Paint? If so, then damn, you're good.

Introspection
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
^Hmn.

Although you are right that the Qu'ran declares that the non-believers be fought, it doesn't say that they have to be killed. Even if a "fundamentalist" were to practice it "word for word", he wouldn't turn out to be a terrorist. Unless he's an extremist.

Maybe I should have got a different quote. But make no mistake they mean kill. It is extreme, but not extremism, it is on the other hand; fundamentalism and was expected of all Muslims back in the day to enforce and to an extent, in certain places, still today as well.

Plus, generalizing all muslims as terrorists is wrong (not you).

Alright, because for the sake of it being known, I know that terrorists are everwhere and believe all sorts of things. That is common knowledge. I guess for arguments sake I can see why people think differently due to mass media. But someone in America, some Atheist goth, committing a school shooting is considered a terrorist.

In fact here is the defination so this can be put to rest. Obviously a terrorist is defined by one who commits terrorism but here is terrorism.
Terrorism - (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism)The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

These people were just unfortunate enough to be living in an unfriendly environment (biologically) and they have enough hardships with everyday life (really hot days, cold freezing nights). They don't need a political super power sitting on their hands. That's why they revolt. I'm not saying their method is right, either, no. I'm saying both sides aren't right (i.e. not necessarily wrong).

Where did this come from?

But putting all those people in a bag and then labeling them is definitely wrong. It doesn't help being a bigot, either. I have muslim friends (heck, even my sister's boyfriend is a muslim) and they say bigotry is the biggest obstacle they face, aside from being stereotyped.

But I don't think anyone ever said; "All terrorist are Islam!", or "All Islams are terrorists!" That is fallacious. Ad Hoc I believe.

Kudos to Shikamaru. Terrorism has no religion. Terrorism is not a issue that springs from religion. If aethists were in the very same position that those "terrorists" are sitting on, they'd turn into terrorists themselves. Better terrorists that muslims, in fact. No "rules" and schedules to fulfill, no 3:00 pause to pray.

There may be a reason, but as Benjamin Franklin would say. Such criminal acts are seldom with a good one[reason]. You can't justify terrorism. Period. And that whole paragraph is fallacious.

Miburo
05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
^I like this guy.

Combating people in any way because they don't believe in the same magic you do is pretty ridiculous and dickish no matter how you try and smear it.

Plus, generalizing all muslims as terrorists is wrong (not you). These people were just unfortunate enough to be living in an unfriendly environment (biologically) and they have enough hardships with everyday life (really hot days, cold freezing nights). They don't need a political super power sitting on their hands. That's why they revolt. I'm not saying their method is right, either, no. I'm saying both sides aren't right (i.e. not necessarily wrong).

No, there is no justification what-so-ever for killing innocent people because you're pissed off about something. Don't pull this apologist crap, it's silly.

And I don't recall anyone worth taking seriously saying that "ALL MUSLIMS ARE EVIL TERRORISTS, LOL!" so you can guys can drop that shit too. You can't deny that the religion does say some pretty retarded shit about how to deal with non-believers (Fight them! HURR HURR!). And I've heard that "The Quran contains no errors and is flawless, unlike the Bible and other religious texts" by many practitioners of Islam in my dealings with them. So even if it doesn't mean "kill teh infidels," I can see how people would get the wrong idea...

Also, at someone a couple posts up, that animu wasn't even insulting Islam in the first place. People are getting butthurt over nothing. Pay attention. : )

Ryuzaki
05-31-2008, 02:49 AM
Frankly, as a practicing Muslim, I feel offended that they would depict Islam in such a manner. I read through the article and one aspect that I do not agree with is that the book one of the characters picks up is the Qu'ran (a holy text dear to most practicing Muslims, analogously to the Bible/Torah), while he orders the execution of several people. Now that generally only applies to Islam, however, they could have easily substituted the book with any other religious text and the outcry would have been pretty much the same, but from a different set of people.

Most religions of the world practice peace and stability for all that follow it. In this anime example we have here, we see a negative connotation developing between a villain who picks up a Qu'ran. Now in the average audiences mind, whether they like to believe it or not, this really has a profound impact because they will automatically associate evil with whatever is Islam. Why? It's just how the dynamics of a story work. Most people side with the protagonists and exemplify traits the protagonists holds dear to him, while demeaning and belittling anything the antagonists accomplishes or exemplifies.

Hence why you shouldn't really develop such bad connotations, nowadays the stereotype is much more prevalent in the media but doesn't really reflect the average Muslim within nearly any society. Obviously, there are extremists who exist but they tend to use the religion more as a scapegoat while interpreting a very literal and dogmatic approach to the principles and ethics of life that are taught within that specific religion.

At the same time, this effects children/young adults who have not learned or developed the understanding of how the world really works. I feel that it was right for them to cancel the show. Children are easily susceptible to certain concepts as truths at an early age.

kenneth20748
05-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Now the ordering executions while holding the Quran... I can understand why you are all upset. The whole false interpretation. Yeah, I was first like they need to chill, but now that I've heard a few of the responses, I'm more sympathetic to your reasons. I would be offended is someone was reading the bible and was like, "Wesley, kill those 50 people over there by pressing the doomsday button" I would be like WHOA buddy, what verses are you reading and making you kill people. I may not be as attached to the issue as you, but I really completely understand where you're coming from

Miburo
06-01-2008, 02:22 AM
/facepalm @ last two posts...= /

Le0N
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I love how everyone's calling Islam crybabies, but when the movie "Golden Compass" was released, everyone started bitching that they are insulting the Catholic church and the Vatican when all that really happened was the villians wearing outfits similiar to those of the Catholic church. It didn't even mention the fucking religion in anyway and everyone across America wines about it. Drop the whole "Muslims are crybabies" because every religion has their own extreme sensitivity. Oh yeah, and what the fuck is up with the whole, "EVERY MUSLIM IS A CRYBABY" and "ISLAM IS SUCH A STRICT AND SENSITIVE RELIGION?" There's a difference between an average Muslim and an extremist Muslim. Get it fucking right.

Introspection
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
/facepalm @ last two posts...= /

True story.

Shikamaru2007
06-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Le0n put it right in a good way .... I think we all agree that Anime sometimes go off-limits wiht religon stuff ...

Introspection
06-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Please, close this topic. I just might cry or... break something.

(At people's responses mostly.)

Kushina
06-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I agree this topic has been done to death someone please close it

Miburo
06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
No, I'm going to use this thread to make fun of the stupid people when I'm in the mood. ; )

@guys that are saying silly stuff: Try paying attention. No one is saying "All muslims are douchebags" or anything. Just that the one's bitching about this are. And just like the Christians who bitch about stupid movies are too, except this isn't about those people, so obviously we're not going to address them as well. Just because there's other crybabies out there doesn't make crying about this shit any less retarded.

Also, bad cartoon characters reading a book =/= teh book is teh evilz LOL. God damn.

RNB
06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I only wonder what Muslims would do if hentai insulted Islam...

Introspection
06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Its alot of Hasty Generalizations going on and that is a (drumroll) fallacy!!! Oh how that word pops up so much in certain places.

RNB
06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Its alot of Hasty Generalizations going on and that is a (drumroll) fallacy!!! Oh how that word pops up so much in certain places.

Generalizations create great trolls and jokes. Without them, humor would not be what it is today.

Introspection
06-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Generalizations create great trolls and jokes. Without them, humor would not be what it is today.

True. But neither would discrimination. :)

RNB
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
True. But neither would discrimination. :)

Wow. This may not be the forum for you. I can link you to a great objectivist's forum where they have tons of serious debates. This is a Naruto forum where we joke and have fun.

ShinobiKnight
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Now the ordering executions while holding the Quran... I can understand why you are all upset. The whole false interpretation. Yeah, I was first like they need to chill, but now that I've heard a few of the responses, I'm more sympathetic to your reasons. I would be offended is someone was reading the bible and was like, "Wesley, kill those 50 people over there by pressing the doomsday button" I would be like WHOA buddy, what verses are you reading and making you kill people. I may not be as attached to the issue as you, but I really completely understand where you're coming from

Exactly the type of person I disagree with. Ever heard the phrase "the Devil quoting Scripture for his own purposes"? It means that however truthful or false the Bible may be, an evil person can pick it up and read it just as easily as a good person can. Fucking Hannibal Lecter made references to the Bible multiple times. Hell, Satan himself quoted Scripture, in the Bible. Having one open does not say anything about your character or the Bible's nature. It's a fucking book, anyone can read it.

Now, the mindset may be different for Muslims due to their belief that the Quran is "holy", "pure", "perfect" etc. Don't get me wrong, any good Christian regards the Bible highly, but only as a way of better getting to know God/Jesus, the real object of their worship. Muslims treat their book itself like a god. But my problem was not with Muslims, it was with Christians who have that same problem, namely you.

Also, I believe someone made a reference to the Catholic Church pissing their pants over something. Don't mind them, they're dumbasses.

Edit: lol @ Redneckboy. You're the most serious person on this forum (that I've seen).

Introspection
06-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow. This may not be the forum for you. I can link you to a great objectivist's forum where they have tons of serious debates. This is a Naruto forum where we joke and have fun.

Apparently you completely missed what I said.

Mal
06-11-2008, 06:03 PM
OK! My first time back in months, let's have some fun here, shall we?

Racist bastards.I'M A MUSLIM.Racism has shown up in a place I would have least expected.Manga/Anime.Terrorism has no religion.George bush is a bitch.I have no idea why I just said the G Bush thing, but he can shut his crap about nuclear wepons coz' *cough* usa nuked japan *cough*.I didn't ask for these extremists did I.All I ask is that they don't say that they all are extremists.You can't walk down the streets these days without a policeman with their eyes on you, while a white guy is mugging someone.Fuck them.They can go suck Israel's dicks, when and if they get any.Racism has nothing to do with the issue at hand, we are discussing religion. White people can be Muslim as well, same with anyone of any race. You're also using unrelated arguments, as it wasn't George Bush who nuked Japan, so there's no reason to question him concerning his hunt for nuclear weapons.

I kinda have to side with the muslims with this issue.

Some of you say it is just a cartoon but you need to look at stuff in the past. The Nazis used propaganda ...I'm going to cut you off right there: Animated entertainment is not propaganda. People of all faiths have been mocked and shown in a bad light in every form of media, sometimes even unintentionally. Just because it's happened again doesn't mean the creator is trying to turn people against anything. Anyone who believes what they see on TV and don't question it at all is either a) too young and shouldn't be watching it, or b) an idiot who should cease breathing immediately.

For the last time, Islam is not terrorist or evil. The one practicing it is. Maybe some are just overreacting and all. Most religion has its own problems with its believer. Don't dis the Quran. Rea dit first.

And I'm a MuslimCorrect. No matter how perfect a religion or system of beliefs is, there are bound to be a few nuts practicing it. Take this good ol' game burning (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26427736&sid=6192333&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;16) for example.
Now, if someone could explain to me the many passages of the Qu'ran saying to punish unbelievers and such, then I'd be much less confused.

Frankly, as a practicing Muslim, I feel offended that they would depict Islam in such a manner. I read through the article and one aspect that I do not agree with is that the book one of the characters picks up is the Qu'ran (a holy text dear to most practicing Muslims, analogously to the Bible/Torah), while he orders the execution of several people. Now that generally only applies to Islam, however, they could have easily substituted the book with any other religious text and the outcry would have been pretty much the same, but from a different set of people.

... [cut down for space, ^ click for full post ^ ] ...

At the same time, this effects children/young adults who have not learned or developed the understanding of how the world really works. I feel that it was right for them to cancel the show. Children are easily susceptible to certain concepts as truths at an early age.
See my previous "should not be watching it" statement. Ratings systems should really take into consideration not only the sexual or violent content of something, but also it's social content as well. On the other hand, it's a parent's job to know what their child is watching and be sure it's maturity-level-appropriate.
As for picking up the Qu'ran as he orders someone's death, I'd like to mention a recent movie called "The Mist" *. The issue here is the fact that the "Christian" character in the movie preached about God's wrath and His demand for a sacrifice before inciting an angry mod who attempted to sacrifice the protagonist's young son **.

I love how everyone's calling Islam crybabies, but when the movie "Golden Compass" was released, everyone started bitching that they are insulting the Catholic church and the Vatican when all that really happened was the villians wearing outfits similiar to those of the Catholic church. It didn't even mention the fucking religion in anyway and everyone across America wines about it. Drop the whole "Muslims are crybabies" because every religion has their own extreme sensitivity.Do you even understand symbolism at all, or are you so unobservant that you read or saw Eragon and thought it was a smart, original story with no similarities to Star Wars? Some people are actually able to tell the true story behind the clever guise of *gasp!* another story! The author of the Golden Compass did just that, and just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it's not there.
One thing you are (somewhat) right about, though, is the oversensitivity of all people, not just ones with a "religion". Atheists are often just as easily offended as any theist when someone mocks the Theory of Evolution.

Oh yeah, and what the fuck is up with the whole, "EVERY MUSLIM IS A CRYBABY" and "ISLAM IS SUCH A STRICT AND SENSITIVE RELIGION?" There's a difference between an average Muslim and an extremist Muslim. Get it fucking right.I have no idea how you were able to relate extremist Muslims to people saying Muslims are overly sensitive. Did you mean for it to be two separate topics? Paragraphs generally help with that.

*It was one of the worst movies I have seen, for the simple reason that a 15 year old deaf and blind paraplegic who rode the short bus to kindergarten would have faired better than every other character in the film.

** This was closely followed by the high point of the movie: said "Christian" character getting shot. At no other movie I've ever been to has the entire theater erupted in such applause and cheering. Good times.

Evil[Angel]
06-27-2008, 06:21 AM
They are dangerous though.

Those islams i meen, fuckin nut jobs.

skimtiaz
06-29-2008, 05:57 AM

hmmm... freedom of expression!

does that mean u can go to ur mom and say "I want to F**k you!" in front of ur sisters and father and expect nothing to happen???? tel me if i am wrong!

Miles T
06-29-2008, 07:57 AM
I think you're labouring under the assumption that incest is inherently wrong...

Hanz86
06-29-2008, 09:32 AM
;1531698']They are dangerous though.

Those islams i meen, fuckin nut jobs.

hey..watch ur word..Muslims are not dangerous..they are human as u..many non-muslim live in my country but nothing happen...no abusing, no discrimination..never said those word to muslim..

i'm Muslim..good Muslim..

kikuri
07-04-2008, 05:50 PM
it's not Islam that's a problem. They just have different teachings from us. but if you think about it, there are also similarities.

don't blame Islam. It's not the religion... it's the people themselves. may they be Islam, catholic, christian, atheist or whatever religion, it's their personal beliefs that drives them to do stupid things.

feel me?

Hanz86
07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
it's not Islam that's a problem. They just have different teachings from us. but if you think about it, there are also similarities.

don't blame Islam. It's not the religion... it's the people themselves. may they be Islam, catholic, christian, atheist or whatever religion, it's their personal beliefs that drives them to do stupid things.

feel me?

yeah..u are absolutely right...the problem is in ourself...Christian and Islam had many similarities..beside, Hitler can be consider as the dangerous dictator, and he is not Muslim..

RNB
07-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I disagree and I think Muslims are the most dangerous people on earth. Those turban-loving arabs are always yelling "allah" and i am surprised he doesn't just strike them down for blaspheming. I have yet to see a Muslim who doesn't have a bomb strapped to his chest jk.

Miburo
07-06-2008, 03:26 PM
hmmm... freedom of expression!

does that mean u can go to ur mom and say "I want to F**k you!" in front of ur sisters and father and expect nothing to happen???? tel me if i am wrong!

You're wrong. : )

People should be able to say whatever they want so long as it doesn't cause actual harm in some way to other people. If I started insulting someone, I would expect them to take offense, and would expect things to result from that. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to say insulting things to people.

Just like if Islam had been insulted in some animu (Protip: It wasn't in this particular scenario) then I'd understand it if Muslims said "Hey, that pisses me off." What isn't right for them to do though is say "Hey, they shouldn't be allowed to say that!" Because that's bullshit. If they don't like it, then don't watch the animu. Easy shit. Don't try to limit people's freedoms though. That's ridiculous.

Get it?

Hanz86
07-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I disagree and I think Muslims are the most dangerous people on earth. Those turban-loving arabs are always yelling "allah" and i am surprised he doesn't just strike them down for blaspheming. I have yet to see a Muslim who doesn't have a bomb strapped to his chest jk.

wow...u are anti-muslim eh??
not all MUSLIM is ARABIAN & not all ARABIAN is MUSLIM..
if Muslim kill others, u say he is terrorist..but when non-muslim kill muslim, why u not saying anything??just like happen everydays in Palestine & etc..please, Islam is good religion..but not all of the followers follow the Islam Rules..Quran (holy book) never ask muslim to kill others..so, stop saying that muslim is dangerous..

eds-chan
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes your correct. Stop judging other people whether they are Muslim or not. I believe we all deserve a fair treatment. Come on guys....let each day count!and think of a positive thoughts. It is still a beautiful world!!! :)

kikuri
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM

I respect your beliefs about muslims. but i have known some and they are not dangerous or even whacked in the brain. they are also like us.

i know a phrase in islam that i really like because it represents their loyalty.
our god is God, that is one. la illaha il allah. (not sure on the spelling though).

so does that seem blasphemous to you?

yeah..u are absolutely right...the problem is in ourself...Christian and Islam had many similarities..beside, Hitler can be consider as the dangerous dictator, and he is not Muslim..

you are right on that one.

but in hitler's case, his somewhat rumored to be unstable mind can also be added to his purification mission.

dirk667
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow what a bunch of nutcases. i know not muslims are bad, lol only the extremists who fall under hitler mindsets. however, given the fact that no1 who produces the anime could read arabic..its not that bad. thats like haveing a caucasian polise office pull over a blackman and all of a sudden its a rcist thing. that religious shit has been over played. who gives a shit, no one else in the world cares about them tars in da middle east.

Hanz86
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I respect your beliefs about muslims. but i have known some and they are not dangerous or even whacked in the brain. they are also like us.

i know a phrase in islam that i really like because it represents their loyalty.
our god is God, that is one. la illaha il allah. (not sure on the spelling though).

so does that seem blasphemous to you?

yeah u are right...La Ilaha Illa allah mean No God Except Allah..

RNB
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
lol@obvioustroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!1111111111111111111111

Minamoto4444
07-20-2008, 03:01 AM
wow...u are anti-muslim eh??
not all MUSLIM is ARABIAN & not all ARABIAN is MUSLIM..
if Muslim kill others, u say he is terrorist..but when non-muslim kill muslim, why u not saying anything??just like happen everydays in Palestine & etc..please, Islam is good religion..but not all of the followers follow the Islam Rules..Quran (holy book) never ask muslim to kill others..so, stop saying that muslim is dangerous..

Haha chill out, hes just having fun with you, but If hes not than I should shut my mouth:/

Hanz86
07-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Haha chill out, hes just having fun with you, but If hes not than I should shut my mouth:/

what hes doing is not funny...its RACISM..

Miburo
07-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Religion=/=Race. =[

RNB
07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
what hes doing is not funny...its RACISM..
You are dang right I am racist (LOL). All Islam really is is a distortion of Christianity. They took the blessed King James Bible and changed it around so some guy named Muhammadwhateverthefuckhisnameis becomes the new Jesus.

ISLAM IS A LIE LIKE SCIENTOLOGY, EVERYONE. DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Tengu
07-21-2008, 06:05 AM
I've never even heard of that anime lol

You are dang right I am racist (LOL). All Islam really is is a distortion of Christianity. They took the blessed King James Bible and changed it around so some guy named Muhammadwhateverthefuckhisnameis becomes the new Jesus.

ISLAM IS A LIE LIKE SCIENTOLOGY, EVERYONE. DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
btw muslims also belive in jesus but just in a different name and that he's a prophet same as muhammed.

9999dmg
07-21-2008, 06:36 AM

All Christianity is is a distortion of Judaism, if you apply your EXTREMELY foolish logic (if it's right to even call it logic, which I don't think it is).

"Muhammadwhateverthefuckhisnameis"
You spelled it right the first time. There's really no need to portray Arabic names as unpronounceable/unspellable when you yourself know how to say/spell it.

If you knew anything about the Qur'an, you'd understand that Muhammad is NOT seen as the son of God, but as a prophet who spoke to the angel, Gabriel.

Islam is nothing like Scientology. Don't be a dumbass,

Anarcho-Capitalism? Really? You just sound like a lonely little 16 year old looking for an ideology to call home.

I'm so glad something messed up and unbanned me so I can put you in your place you ignorant, racist, fuck...

RNB
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLILOVETHISTHREADLOLOLOLOLO LOL

All Christianity is is a distortion of Judaism, if you apply your EXTREMELY foolish logic (if it's right to even call it logic, which I don't think it is).
Jews are going to hell so it doesn't matter...

"Muhammadwhateverthefuckhisnameis"
You spelled it right the first time. There's really no need to portray Arabic names as unpronounceable/unspellable when you yourself know how to say/spell it.
How am I supposed to know some dumb Muslim's name? I mean, I know Jesus so I won't go to hell, but Muhammad will so NO ONE SHOULD EVER REMEMBER HIM!

If you knew anything about the Qur'an, you'd understand that Muhammad is NOT seen as the son of God, but as a prophet who spoke to the angel, Gabriel.
They worship him like he is Jesus, though, so you are wrong *buzzer sound*.

Islam is nothing like Scientology. Don't be a dumbass,
Should have been a period at the end of that sentence. Therefore I don't know why I am debating with someone so ignorant in the ways of grammar.

Anyways Scientology = Lie
Islam = Lie

Therefore Islam = Scientology so you are WRONG AGAIN.

Anarcho-Capitalism? Really? You just sound like a lonely little 16 year old looking for an ideology to call home.
Lets not bring my political stance into this. For all I know you are some dumb communist. COMMUNISM IS AGAINST GOD!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

I'm so glad something messed up and unbanned me so I can put you in your place you ignorant, racist, fuck...

FLAME!

To everyone just looking at this page, start reading the thread from page 1.

kikuri
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Redneckboy: you are so not looking for flaming...

i think you're a masochist that's why you're putting up this already lost and very futile fight.

you want to be incarcerated. sigh... can't give that to you thought. ♥

Hanz86
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLILOVETHISTHREADLOLOLOLOLO LOL

Jews are going to hell so it doesn't matter...

How am I supposed to know some dumb Muslim's name? I mean, I know Jesus so I won't go to hell, but Muhammad will so NO ONE SHOULD EVER REMEMBER HIM!

They worship him like he is Jesus, though, so you are wrong *buzzer sound*.

Should have been a period at the end of that sentence. Therefore I don't know why I am debating with someone so ignorant in the ways of grammar.

Anyways Scientology = Lie
Islam = Lie

Therefore Islam = Scientology so you are WRONG AGAIN.

Lets not bring my political stance into this. For all I know you are some dumb communist. COMMUNISM IS AGAINST GOD!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

FLAME!

To everyone just looking at this page, start reading the thread from page 1.

just stop ur F**k idea...i never say something bad about Christian..and u make Christian look bad by flaming other religion..we had our own believe..please respect other religion..and Muhammad is our prophet, he just normal human..not the son of god or etc..he was chosen by god to teach about Islam..thats all..

RNB
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
just stop ur F**k idea...i never say something bad about Christian..and u make Christian look bad by flaming other religion..we had our own believe..please respect other religion..and Muhammad is our prophet, he just normal human..not the son of god or etc..he was chosen by god to teach about Islam..thats all..
WRONG!

Redneckboy: you are so not looking for flaming...

i think you're a masochist that's why you're putting up this already lost and very futile fight.

you want to be incarcerated. sigh... can't give that to you thought. ♥
You seem like a female, so nobody cares. ROFL.

Hanz86
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
WRONG!

whats wrong??:confused:

RNB
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
whats wrong??:confused:
You. Since you are a Muslim, you are and will always be completely wrong. You guys were the first to treat "mental illness." Don't be silly, there are no such things as mental illnesses. It is a theory, just like gravity and evolution.

Hanz86
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
You. Since you are a Muslim, you are and will always be completely wrong. You guys were the first to treat "mental illness." Don't be silly, there are no such things as mental illnesses. It is a theory, just like gravity and evolution.

oic...i feel released...its obvious to me that u are crazy...so i dont need to take something serious from crazy guy:rolleyes:...ok..take care..

DaRk_LoRd_SuPrEmE_3.14159
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM

Dude, quit being a religious or capitalism freak.

Science without religion= blind evidence

Religion without science= makes no sense.

Its a symbiotic relationship in a way, ok?

EDIT: Plus, capitalism freaks bitch about random religion shit, and religious freaks are the bitches of gods, bitching about shit and stuff.

RNB
07-21-2008, 05:25 PM
This has been my favorite thread of the month. Thank you, to everyone who was totally oblivious...

lol@obvioustroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!11111 11111111111111111

You guys are just too much. lol

Hanz86
07-21-2008, 05:29 PM
This has been my favorite thread of the month. Thank you, to everyone who was totally oblivious...

You guys are just too much. lol

its not about jokes...according to Islam rules...we (muslim) cant make fun about our religion..thats all..hope all of u understand this..we also not allowed to insult other religions..it not about emo, its about our rules..please respect it..

07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Religion and crap just makes conflicts... Why cant there be one or 2 or something?

RNB
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
its not about jokes...according to Islam rules...we (muslim) cant make fun about our religion..thats all..hope all of u understand this..we also not allowed to insult other religions..it not about emo, its about our rules..please respect it..
Not being trolled is not making fun of your religion...

Hanz86
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Not being trolled is not making fun of your religion...

yes...what we argue before can be consider as insult to our religion...btw, im happy when know that u not mean it..i hope that next time u wont do that again and i really appreciate it..

07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Man, I'm out. This talk is bs.

RNB
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
yes...what we argue before can be consider as insult to our religion...btw, im happy when know that u not mean it..i hope that next time u wont do that again and i really appreciate it..

I probably will do it again though...:rolleyes:

9999dmg
07-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Oh shit sorry for not thinking Racism and bigotry is funny... :/

asq599
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
just something for someone somewhere to b*** about

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-24-2008, 02:30 PM
first, i'm a moderate muslim and i live in Amman, Jordan (if you don't know it, it's in the middle east and has borders with Palestine and Iraq) i've stated this to let you know something RIGHT about the middle east. i'm telling you, putting this thread is a GREAT mistake... 1) it's not the suitable place 2) i didn't know anything about this matter and this thread built hatred in poeple's hearts (is at REALLY happened to some members)

i'll try to make it short. honestly, while i was reading the subject i felt sick!! first, we at the arab and muslim world we're sick and tired from all this matters. what i mean... if it happened and the intentions of the author or whoever he was (i really don't know) was true, poeple who knew about it shouldn't spread the thing over!!! leave the things as they were before, OR what do you want from publishing this thread??

second, i'll let myelf speak for all the muslims... why is that clip in an anime? to be seen by the children around the world, who will grow up and will be an important part of the society? or will they be like some poeple like the above? racist, ignortant, and following their hatred OR to be a non-believer or non-religious at all? you decide.

third, i'm not offended by the author or the anime (i'm speaking as a muslim)... actually i've been offended from the people above and their thoughts and beliefs about islam and muslims... too bad, it's really dissapointing!! we know at the middle east that western world have a WRONG and BAD image of islam... but i didn't even imagine that much of hatred!!

as a moderate muslim, i should defend my islam.. but do you know how? i'll defend him by telling you the BRIGHT and TRUE image of Islam...

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-24-2008, 03:35 PM
i'll reply on Miburo, Hiraku and Introsection's posts, if you want you can check them but i won't quote all of them, cause they are many...

first, who told you that islam encouraging muslims to kill the non-believers ,christians or any one not muslim?

1- ANNOUNCE PAINFUL PUNISHMENT TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE (9:3)
2- Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve (8:55)
3- FIGHT THEM: ALLAH WILL PUNISH THEM BY YOUR HANDS AND BRING THEM TO DISGRACE, AND ASSIST YOU AGAINST THEM. (9:14)

4- FIGHT THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLAH, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, NOR FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF TRUTH, OUT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOK [Christians and Jews], until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and THEY ARE IN A STATE OF SUBJECTION. (9:29)

Source (http://www.blessedcause.org/Quran.htm)
There are others too but these are just a few of the quotes.

the first and third, most of the verses in Qura'n has a story or a cause, the first was about the non-believers in Mecca who prophet Muhammed told them about islam and they didn't just refuse and say "umm, no we're not interseted" they hurt them emotionally and physically. so Allah send this verse with Gabriel to tell prophet Muhammed and muslims the right thing to do as a response. i'd like to add, this was after the prophet Muhammed traveled away from Mecca to Al-Madina Al-Munawwara. they swallowed all kinds of torture for 13 years in Mecca... non-believers provoked them in all ways, and muslims got over that. what i mean as i don't want you to be distracted... killing or fighting others is NOT the first and ONLY option for us... we can tolerate, negotiate, then if they refuse it's up to them, but we delivered our holy message.

the fourth, it's just in one case... when christians and Jews live in muslim lands (the governer is a muslim) even though it was christian before. this case is obvious in the verse, muslims told them about the basics of islam (believe in one god, Allah, and in the latter day and in his messenger prophet Muhammed) if they refuse, they have two options: 1) if they want they can leave 2)or stay underneath the islamic reules but to pay a small amount of money to the governent as WE provide them the security & protection by living underneath the powerfull islamic empire - well, it was lol - in addition to a regualr salary for old men and children under 3 years to support themselves.
i'd like to mention a short story, it happened under the riegn of Omar Al-Kattab (a muslim governer ruled about 10 years.. he was known of pure justice, he always traveled around without court and body guards. he gained approval of some kings and sultans who visited him and found him on that way) anywayz, that man once while checking on the ppl, he found a begger jew man, he asked him why ae you doing that? don't you have sons or daughters to support you? he said he hadn't married, instead the few money he begs for he give it to the country as a tax. Omar then cried remembering Allah's punishment for being careless and didn't notice this man's condition. later that day, he announced giving a regular salary for old men regardless their religion!... that's a drop from a sea.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-24-2008, 03:41 PM
oh i remembered,,, the second verse i'm not sure about it, that Allah called the disbelievers "animals"... i'm not about Allah calling "ppl", his creatures, like that!! but i'll ask someone who knows about these stuff and i'll post back.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
^Hmn.

Although you are right that the Qu'ran declares that the non-believers be fought, it doesn't say that they have to be killed. Even if a "fundamentalist" were to practice it "word for word", he wouldn't turn out to be a terrorist. Unless he's an extremist. .

i agree with you about the first part, yet we should practise it "word to word" - you'll think it's stupid - but Qur'an is considered as our institution (back then in the "muslim" empire) . now, all muslim countries DON'T do that only in marriage, divorce, trading... and maybe things i didn't mention.

[/quote] Plus, generalizing all muslims as terrorists is wrong (not you). These people were just unfortunate enough to be living in an unfriendly environment (biologically) and they have enough hardships with everyday life (really hot days, cold freezing nights). They don't need a political super power sitting on their hands. That's why they revolt. I'm not saying their method is right, either, no. I'm saying both sides aren't right (i.e. not necessarily wrong)..[/quote]

O.O honey what do you think about us?! we're not in some isolated areas in Africa!! honey we're in the 21st century!!! we catch up really good in the latest technologies and researches, we have great buildings and archetic works. also we have computers (that's how i'm logged on the net, duh!) and umm, i'd like you to know we have roads and cars!!! lool ... do you think we still ride camels!! don't believe everything in movies or what been told... there are some places left like that, but the majority is really modern and updated to the latest tech. that was the first part.

the second part, arab countries climate is really cool (mediterranean region which i live in ) ... in hot - really hot- summers days the temprature rise to 38 or 40 c ( dunno how much is it in fh) we have ACs to cool ourselves, and we also have a shelter called a "house" we can hide ourselves in the cold days lol also we have central heating... i'm not talking about the arabian peninsula. i'm with you, it reaches 48 c sometimes!! honey, we're called the "MIDDLE" east, so it's moderate between the hot tropics and the cold regions in the northen europe.
actually, i didn't like talking about us like we still cave men!!

[/quote] But putting all those people in a bag and then labeling them is definitely wrong. It doesn't help being a bigot, either. I have muslim friends (heck, even my sister's boyfriend is a muslim) and they say bigotry is the biggest obstacle they face, aside from being stereotyped. [/quote]

i agree with you 100%

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-24-2008, 04:28 PM
in a reply on Kikuri's post:

You seem like a female, so nobody cares. ROFL.

not only being racist, now you're sexist!! gosh, spare me!!
what's wrong if she seems like a female? no one would consider her opinion? i really try not to insult you or even slightly hurt you through my words, because islam told me to act like that... but, i don't know what's your problem...

9999dmg
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you so much to Anbu Kakashi for replying to all this filth like an ADULT.

07-24-2008, 05:34 PM
^Yes agreed. Redneckboy here is all:

OMG MUSLUMS R TERROR PEOPLE!!! NO MORE OF THEM! ▄▌▀ ▌▬▌ ▌ ▀▌▀

Freshgrease
07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I know I am going out on a limb here with the many Muslim believers on this board, but the two things that piss me off about your belief system are (1) the belief that the world has to comply with your standards and (2) You get upset at every little thing.

I know and are friends with several Muslims around me in the workplace and school. None of them are as violent and arrogant in their beliefs as you are. I realize your beliefs lead you to be this defensive, but you have to realize that you are in a global environment with thousands of other cultures all cumulating together.

Lets put this into perspective. I am a Christian with faith deeper than any athiest can go. When I see every new internet article, comic, or documentary on how religion and Christianity is "illogical" or stupid I get offended. As much as I think it is wrong and as much as I am offended, nothing is going to change by going on a Jesus crusade.

Honestly, strong and viable religions such as Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam should not find something that stupid offensive. If you are so afraid of your religion crumbling, the mass opinion of your religion degrading, or offending your God/Allah (in my mind they are one in the same), your foundation is weak and your principles are false. I see Islam as a strong and honorable religion (despite my faith as a Christian). I am disappointed that something so great would fall to something so stupid. You should just laugh at it and turn the other cheek. Does Allah not teach tolerance?

EDIT: Incase your understanding of English isn't up to par to notice the nuances in my argument, I am trying to be as honest and respectful to Islam as I can.

07-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I know I am going out on a limb here with the many Muslim believers on this board, but the two things that piss me off about your belief system are (1) the belief that the world has to comply with your standards and (2) You get upset at every little thing.

I know and are friends with several Muslims around me in the workplace and school. None of them are as violent and arrogant in their beliefs as you are. I realize your beliefs lead you to be this defensive, but you have to realize that you are in a global environment with thousands of other cultures all cumulating together.

Lets put this into perspective. I am a Christian with faith deeper than any athiest can go. When I see every new internet article, comic, or documentary on how religion and Christianity is "illogical" or stupid I get offended. As much as I think it is wrong and as much as I am offended, nothing is going to change by going on a Jesus crusade.

Honestly, strong and viable religions such as Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam should not find something that stupid offensive. If you are so afraid of your religion crumbling, the mass opinion of your religion degrading, or offending your God/Allah (in my mind they are one in the same), your foundation is weak and your principles are false. I see Islam as a strong and honorable religion (despite my faith as a Christian). I am disappointed that something so great would fall to something so stupid. You should just laugh at it and turn the other cheek. Does you Allah not teach tolerance?

Ahem, yeah, but Atheists don't find it all "stupid", they just rely on science as their "bible". You can call it a modern religion without a god.

Miburo
07-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Calling atheism a religion is pretty damn stupid. Sadly, it's no where need the dumbest thing said in this thread. = /

Face it, the people who bitch about this cartoon shit are crybabies. They're giving muslims a bad name, plain and simple. And this isn't the first time either, they've cried and cried about shit like this plenty of times in the past.

Guess what? They need to suck it up and to quit their bitching. No one should be obligated to respect your beliefs. So long as they're not causing you harm, of course. And this kind of shit hurts no one.

If I started bitching about, I don't fucking know, Naruto or some shit because they made the snake guy an evil pedophile and I just happen to worship snakes, what do you think most people would think? They'd think I'm being a complete fucking moron, I'd bet. And they'd be absolutely right. Thing is, it's the exact same thing here. Quit the god damn crying.

Oh, and Protip: Religion isn't Race. They're different things. So calling me a racist is pretty dumb. ; )

07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Why cant we close this? Its starting to reek of fail. I see DarkAztek coming. *runs* Fire in the hole!

Freshgrease
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh, and Protip: Religion isn't Race. They're different things. So calling me a racist is pretty dumb. ; )Unless you are a Nazi speaking against the Jews.

kluang
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Do this anime maker doing this on purpose or not?

If its not on purpose, accept their apology and tell no to do that gain.

If it is on purpose, well go and boikot or something.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Calling atheism a religion is pretty damn stupid. Sadly, it's no where need the dumbest thing said in this thread. = /

Face it, the people who bitch about this cartoon shit are crybabies. They're giving muslims a bad name, plain and simple. And this isn't the first time either, they've cried and cried about shit like this plenty of times in the past.

Guess what? They need to suck it up and to quit their bitching. No one should be obligated to respect your beliefs. So long as they're not causing you harm, of course. And this kind of shit hurts no one.

If I started bitching about, I don't fucking know, Naruto or some shit because they made the snake guy an evil pedophile and I just happen to worship snakes, what do you think most people would think? They'd think I'm being a complete fucking moron, I'd bet. And they'd be absolutely right. Thing is, it's the exact same thing here. Quit the god damn crying.

Oh, and Protip: Religion isn't Race. They're different things. So calling me a racist is pretty dumb. ; )

first, i think you should watch your language, cause we're in a middle of respectful debate or conversation or whatever... look at the bold words above, i think they're many and they lessen your dignity; because no one (from any religion, creed or believe) would accept that...

second, i've underlined a sentence from your quote, no one is obliged to believe in our beliefs... it's an aggression on belief freedom. yet, you are obliged to respect it and (since we are all live on this planet) try as possible not to insult them. just to put you in the correct picture.

i'm not telling you that the anime maker did that on purpose, it's just a guess and we just put some options. i'm with you it's just a cartoon, it's not a biggy!! you're 100% correct, muslims should chose carefully their battles or they'll give islam REALLY bad name as "cry babies"... having said that, why didn't anyone called jews cry babies when just a simple tiny indirect thought or statment, maybe or maybe not the person meant it, this person who's expressing himself (through books, articles and brochures) been charged of anti-samitism and been judged, in a result got fined and sometimes prisoned for years!! (this was in the early 70s ) why no body said a word about that and called them as a cry babies??!
you'll tell me it was in a really difficult era (political views was really vital) and expression freedom wasn't correctly practised. ok, don't you think they were cry babies when talking about the holocost?! through movies, media, books and any other way of expressing... oh why going further, Mil Gibson's film 'the Passion of the Christ' it's considered as anti-samitic and jews pleeded for not showing it in cenimas.

in colclusion, in the islamic countries (or to make it 100% right "arab" countries) we care about the others in our country (christians or jews).. for example, in eygept, jordan, syria and many other arab countries banned the two movies ('the Golden Compass' and 'Da Vinchi Code') for 2 reasons: 1) not to hurt the christian ppl 2) our religion tell us not to accept any mocking or sth like that on others belief and thoughts.
i'm sure you're thinking of many things about me at this moment (she's polishing her religion and mention the good side)... it's true, but i'm not polishing, i'm trying to clean the dirt and mistakes of others (terrorist -or bad guys hiding behing islam's name- and ppl there in america or any where else who didn't tell you about the true islam.)

that's it... i hope my point of view is clearly presented as Freshgrease did (i understand not only every word, but the true meaning beyond it :) )

sanane kardesim
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
its a very interesting thread
and it was funny to listen to all the BS of redneckboy
that guy is funny if u dont take him seriously
and i think you guys shouldnt as well he may be lunatic from what ive seen :O

Hanz86
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
its a very interesting thread
and it was funny to listen to all the BS of redneckboy
that guy is funny if u dont take him seriously
and i think you guys shouldnt as well he may be lunatic from what ive seen :O

insulting other RELIGION isnt funny..

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
well, thanks for thanking me... it's nice to be supported by someone n_n
and i'm really not taking it seriously, we are just talking and arguing and i'm kinda love it (it's my pleasure!!)
again, talking about myself, i'm not taking it that seriously, and even though, i won't hurt anyone or insult him... cause at last, it's his/her point of view =)

and for Hanz86, s/he didn't mean "interesting" as "funny"... maybe it meant exciting or really good thread so it's catchy... maybe and maybe not :rolleyes:

Hanz86
07-25-2008, 02:36 PM
well, thanks for thanking me... it's nice to be supported by someone n_n
and i'm really not taking it seriously, we are just talking and arguing and i'm kinda love it (it's my pleasure!!)
again, talking about myself, i'm not taking it that seriously, and even though, i won't hurt anyone or insult him... cause at last, it's his/her point of view =)

and for Hanz86, s/he didn't mean "interesting" as "funny"... maybe it meant exciting or really good thread so it's catchy... maybe and maybe not :rolleyes:

im refering to REDNECKBOY is Funny...but, making fun of religion wasnt funny at all..thats what i mean..;)

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-25-2008, 02:45 PM
ahaaa, now i got it,,, absolutely it's not funny to make fun or insult other's religion even when he's not serious about it... that's a thing we all agree about, don't we?

07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
insulting other RELIGION isnt funny..

Yup. Redneckboy here was just insulting all of us and saying that we should support communism and crap. He apparently is an ok person, but its not funny when you make fun of religions.

Miburo
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
first, i think you should watch your language, cause we're in a middle of respectful debate or conversation or whatever... look at the bold words above, i think they're many and they lessen your dignity; because no one (from any religion, creed or believe) would accept that...

That's how I talk, unless I'm talking to a young child. It's not meant to be offensive, and if you take offense to it then thats on you. Don't like it? Too fucking bad. ; )

second, i've underlined a sentence from your quote, no one is obliged to believe in our beliefs... it's an aggression on belief freedom. yet, you are obliged to respect it and (since we are all live on this planet) try as possible not to insult them. just to put you in the correct picture.

I'm not obligated to respect your beliefs, only your right to believe in whatever the hell you want.

Besides, you're being hypocritical here. What if someone did believe that all Muslims are asshole douchebag scum? Why not respect her beliefs? The simple belief that Muslims suck doesn't hurt anyone, so it's the same as believing in magic sky man stuff. People who believe crazy shit like that should have as much right to their beliefs as your crazy magic stuff, right? Or do you think your beliefs are special? = /

i'm not telling you that the anime maker did that on purpose, it's just a guess and we just put some options. i'm with you it's just a cartoon, it's not a biggy!! you're 100% correct, muslims should chose carefully their battles or they'll give islam REALLY bad name as "cry babies"... having said that, why didn't anyone called jews cry babies when just a simple tiny indirect thought or statment, maybe or maybe not the person meant it, this person who's expressing himself (through books, articles and brochures) been charged of anti-samitism and been judged, in a result got fined and sometimes prisoned for years!! (this was in the early 70s ) why no body said a word about that and called them as a cry babies??!
you'll tell me it was in a really difficult era (political views was really vital) and expression freedom wasn't correctly practised. ok, don't you think they were cry babies when talking about the holocost?! through movies, media, books and any other way of expressing... oh why going further, Mil Gibson's film 'the Passion of the Christ' it's considered as anti-samitic and jews pleeded for not showing it in cenimas.

Why didn't anyone call jews crybabies when they were bitching about the passion of the christ shit, or christians crybabies about the golden compass? Who said people didn't? I sure as hell did. I didn't in this thread though, because that's not the topic of discussion. All the people that were bitching about that stuff are crybabies.

in colclusion, in the islamic countries (or to make it 100% right "arab" countries) we care about the others in our country (christians or jews).. for example, in eygept, jordan, syria and many other arab countries banned the two movies ('the Golden Compass' and 'Da Vinchi Code') for 2 reasons: 1) not to hurt the christian ppl 2) our religion tell us not to accept any mocking or sth like that on others belief and thoughts.
i'm sure you're thinking of many things about me at this moment (she's polishing her religion and mention the good side)... it's true, but i'm not polishing, i'm trying to clean the dirt and mistakes of others (terrorist -or bad guys hiding behing islam's name- and ppl there in america or any where else who didn't tell you about the true islam.)

Wasn't really thinking that at all, actually. Meh. ; )

Also, anyone who is getting offended by RNB's poasts isn't very bright. At all. Seriously.

OffTheChain
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
lol i like how this turned into a debate thread.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-25-2008, 05:12 PM
That's how I talk, unless I'm talking to a young child. It's not meant to be offensive, and if you take offense to it then thats on you. Don't like it? Too fucking bad. ; )

not necessarily to be a child so not to hear or read bad words... and doing that doesn't make you a big man or adult. but for your information, i'm not offended by them =)

I'm not obligated to respect your beliefs, only your right to believe in whatever the hell you want.

of course, that's exactly what did i said... if you were reading my post.

Besides, you're being hypocritical here. What if someone did believe that all Muslims are asshole douchebag scum? Why not respect her beliefs? The simple belief that Muslims suck doesn't hurt anyone, so it's the same as believing in magic sky man stuff. People who believe crazy shit like that should have as much right to their beliefs as your crazy magic stuff, right? Or do you think your beliefs are special? = /

how come no one would be hurt by saying that? do you know what hurts "me" if you said that in my face? the idea which why did you said that? have you been in a close contact with muslims and they acted like that? i'm not telling too that ALL muslims are angels and they won't act like what you said.

secondly, islam doesn't have magic at all, not even crazy magic stuff !! for your information, magic (all his kinds) is forbidden!! and there are many verses in the Qur'an telling whoever ask a magician for knowing the furtune or destiny isn't a REALLY Muslim and s/he isn't anymore.
i don't know from where you came up with this idea? Islam is logical and subjective, it works at the scientific method (gathering facts then you make your judge) it's logical and subjective, but it gives all the cridet for the creator, Allah. (it's not like the Christian church which unaccepted science and its theories - we all know what happened to Gallilio) in conclusion, Islam is a logical creed yet believes there's a god or Allah who knows everything and controls everything.

Also, anyone who is getting offended by RNB's poasts isn't very bright. At all. Seriously.
i think there's no misunderstanding or misinterpreting of RNB's words, he said his point of view... but he didn't cared for other's feelings, and it's not cool.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
i'd like to join my thank with Miboru, this is a really useful thread, it reveals the true ideas and thoughts... very good =)

Miburo
07-25-2008, 05:31 PM
not necessarily to be a child so not to hear or read bad words... and doing that doesn't make you a big man or adult. but for your information, i'm not offended by them =)

I never said I talked that way for any reason in particular. Only that its the way I talk. Also, I couldn't care less if you're offended, nor do I give a shit about how you perceive me based on superficial shit like how I type. : )

of course, that's exactly what did i said... if you were reading my post.

Not really, but if that's what you meant, then it's all good.

how come no one would be hurt by saying that? do you know what hurts "me" if you said that in my face? the idea which why did you said that? have you been in a close contact with muslims and they acted like that? i'm not telling too that ALL muslims are angels and they won't act like what you said.

When I say "hurt" I'm not talking about your feelings. I'm talking about causing harm physically or financially. Shit like that. I also made no statements that were directed towards ALL muslims. Only the crybaby ones.

secondly, islam doesn't have magic at all, not even crazy magic stuff !! for your information, magic (all his kinds) is forbidden!! and there are many verses in the Qur'an telling whoever ask a magician for knowing the furtune or destiny isn't a REALLY Muslim and s/he isn't anymore.
i don't know from where you came up with this idea? Islam is logical and subjective, it works at the scientific method (gathering facts then you make your judge) it's logical and subjective, but it gives all the cridet for the creator, Allah. (it's not like the Christian church which unaccepted science and its theories - we all know what happened to Gallilio) in conclusion, Islam is a logical creed yet believes there's a god or Allah who knows everything and controls everything.

LOL LYKE MAI RELIGION IS SUPER LOGICAL AND FORBIDS MAGIC, EXCEPT FOR THE MAGICAL SKY MAN THING OF COURSE HURR HURR!!

Magic all knowing sky man falls under the same category as magic, as far as I'm concerned.

i think there's no misunderstanding or misinterpreting of RNB's words, he said his point of view... but he didn't cared for other's feelings, and it's not cool.

You repped me saying that I was a racist, even though I said absolutely jack shit about anyone's race in this thread. Obviously you don't give two shits about other people's feelings either, unless they feel the same way you do. If anything, you're worse than he is. He made it PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that he was joking. You probably actually believe your bullshit though. = /

Edit@second post: Ah fuck. Now I sort of, kind of, feel like a dick. ^^;;;

sanane kardesim
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
hoho wasup dudes

oh ya i forgot
ima turk and im muslim
but unfortunatly not 100% but oh well im an ass
since ive no idea what ur talking bout cause ur english is too high for me :P
but i seriously dont give a shit if u like islam or not and what kind of an image u have of islam (since its rly hard to convince anybody over the web :O)
but if i were to say something u all woulda hav to shut up cause man im just super mofos :P
but seriously there is 1 thing i dont get
what ya mean by sky man??? do you mean the clouds forming a man or son goku???

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-26-2008, 10:02 AM
I never said I talked that way for any reason in particular. Only that its the way I talk. Also, I couldn't care less if you're offended, nor do I give a shit about how you perceive me based on superficial shit like how I type. : )

thanks a lot for not caring (that's what i was talking about)... and i don't think it's superficial to have an impression about someone through his/her typing, it's the only way i can slightly know a little thing about him/her (i don't see your facial expressions nor your body language)

and finally, that smile is fake... unless you typed it as a smirk, but definitely it's not a smile

Not really, but if that's what you meant, then it's all good.

no, i meant it and expressed myself correctly through my posts.

When I say "hurt" I'm not talking about your feelings. I'm talking about causing harm physically or financially. Shit like that. I also made no statements that were directed towards ALL muslims. Only the crybaby ones.

really?? then i appologize. but i think ppl who said "cry babies" they meant all muslims. (that's what apparently understood from their posts)

You repped me saying that I was a racist, even though I said absolutely jack shit about anyone's race in this thread. Obviously you don't give two shits about other people's feelings either, unless they feel the same way you do.

first, as far as i recall i didn't hurt anyone and i care about their feelings. it's shown from not insulting anyone, i was replying ppl's posts ... & i didn't call YOU a racist (though i mentioned your name in my first post, cause i didn't wanna quote most of the posts) yeah you didn't mention the whole thing in this thread.

what's obvious now, that you're the one who doesn't care and just judging ppl without any evidence. i think you don't see the way your language nor your accent is... it's.. like... you think that your opinion is the only right one and it's not discussable.

LOL LYKE MAI RELIGION IS SUPER LOGICAL AND FORBIDS MAGIC, EXCEPT FOR THE MAGICAL SKY MAN THING OF COURSE HURR HURR!!

Magic all knowing sky man falls under the same category as magic, as far as I'm concerned.

i don't think that christianity (or to be accurate - the church) is logical, we all know how they fought thoughts of science and logic. it's not the topic here so i won't expand.
what's up with "the magical sky man" thing?!! who the hell is that?!!
and you know what? it depends on your deifintion of "magic" so i won't argue with that.

If anything, you're worse than he is. He made it PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that he was joking. You probably actually believe your bullshit though. = /

i believe that i posted a post telling that i'm not taking it seriously and i'm joking (you can check my posts)...
the second part, what did you mean with the underlined sentence?

Miburo
07-26-2008, 10:32 AM
thanks a lot for not caring (that's what i was talking about)... and i don't think it's superficial to have an impression about someone through his/her typing, it's the only way i can slightly know a little thing about him/her (i don't see your facial expressions nor your body language)

and finally, that smile is fake... unless you typed it as a smirk, but definitely it's not a smile

You're welcome. And how about, I dunno, judging people on the content and merit of what they're saying. You know, like any non-shallow human being would.

really?? then i appologize. but i think ppl who said "cry babies" they meant all muslims. (that's what apparently understood from their posts)

A flawed assumption on your part.

first, as far as i recall i didn't hurt anyone and i care about their feelings. it's shown from not insulting anyone, i was replying ppl's posts ... & i didn't call YOU a racist (though i mentioned your name in my first post, cause i didn't wanna quote most of the posts) yeah you didn't mention the whole thing in this thread.

Love The Anbu Kakashi 13:34, 24th Jul 2008 Being a very damn racist!!

Looks like you did. Also, calling me a "very damn racist" would be considered insulting, and uncaring towards my feelings, correct? Especially when I said absolutely jack shit about race in this thread. Its a totally out of the blue insult, Ms. Caring Person. lololol

what's obvious now, that you're the one who doesn't care and just judging ppl without any evidence. i think you don't see the way your language nor your accent is... it's.. like... you think that your opinion is the only right one and it's not discussable.

I haven't judged anyone without evidence. I can support and back up anything I've said. What is obvious though is that you cannot do the same, as shown directly above. So cut the high and mighty bullshit.

And if I didn't feel my opinion was right I wouldn't state it. That doesn't mean it's not open to discussion though. I actually enjoy debating such things. Another flawed assumption about me on your part. ; )

i don't think that christianity (or to be accurate - the church) is logical, we all know how they fought thoughts of science and logic. it's not the topic here so i won't expand.
what's up with "the magical sky man" thing?!! who the hell is that?!!
and you know what? it depends on your deifintion of "magic" so i won't argue with that.

Magic sky man = God, geniuses.

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-26-2008, 11:02 AM
well, i apologize... that's explaining everything. for the record, even though i called you like that, yet i argued and debated you not letting that affect the topic cause i enjoyed it too...
but the question is, why you take it that personally?! yes i called you like later i've read all you posts again and i had second thoughts, alright and i don't consider appologizing is "a flawed assumption" as long as you knew your mistake!!!

I haven't judged anyone without evidence. I can support and back up anything I've said. What is obvious though is that you cannot do the same, as shown directly above. So cut the high and mighty bullshit.

And if I didn't feel my opinion was right I wouldn't state it. That doesn't mean it's not open to discussion though. I actually enjoy debating such things. Another flawed assumption about me on your part. ; )

then you judged me because of that? what's wrong if i forgot to send you a sorry?
second, you think you've caught something on me? it's just one thing and i made myself clear. and why do you think i can't do the same? because i don't have that much of time?

in conclusion, this thread caught my eye at the first time i saw, and i think i made my point clearly and accomplished my mission ... and i think this turned to "personal matter" and i don't wanna to be involved into because everyone will accuse himself. but the good thing, i apologized when i realised i'm mistaken about some1...

Love The Anbu Kakashi
07-26-2008, 11:06 AM
oh yeah, for the magical sky man thingy... i need to know your definition of magic so i'd response to it...

Miburo
07-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't give a shit if someone calls me a stupid name on the interwebs, I'm just using it to point out the hypocrisy in your arguments. You tried calling me (and others) out for what boils down to being a dick, when for all you know I was merely responding to your personal attacks against me. Kind of dumb, no?

Magic=extraordinary powers. No matter how you smear it, you can't claim that some magic entity exists without any credible proof and say you're being logical. There's a couple debates about this very subject in the debate section if you want to get into the specifics of it.

Also, just use the edit button if you want to add something. Double posts are looked down upon here. /modshit ; )

sanane kardesim
07-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Magic sky man = God, geniuses.

your saying gods in the sky? what religion u mean?

Miburo
07-26-2008, 02:38 PM
You ever hear of people referring to heavens as being above, and shit like that? It's in reference to that. I don't mean it literally, I thought that'd be pretty obvious. Guess not. = /

kikuri
07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Female?

well, yes I am.

you are very clever in noticing, are you not, Redneckboy?

and with my opinion, it is mine and i have free right when and where to give it.

you may not accept it, count it repulsive or inappropriate, but you'll see a whole lot of it.

mind you, even if you treat this as something as an avenue of fun, it'll somehow turn it's fun on you.

you remind me of dr. lecter. not really though. you're not on that Other level yet.
not going there even.

and this discussion is no fun at all.

Shikamaru2007
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I think this thread has to be closed .... enough with that religonist dissing .....

kluang
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I think this thread has to be closed .... enough with that religonist dissing .....

True. This suppose to be an anime that diss a religion. But this gone too far.

Miburo
07-31-2008, 02:48 AM
It's on topic. Quit your damn crying, if you don't like the thread then just don't post in it. Don't bump it with your tear drenched poasts that add absolutely nothing to the conversations at hand.

kikuri
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
♪♫♪♫♫♪Touché♪♫♫♪♫♪

skwee
08-03-2008, 01:01 AM
1.People need to quite whining about how an anime is wrong,they have the right to express themselves through art,get over it.
2.to clear up point one,I have nothing against people based on there religion,but when they cry about people making fun them,thats just dumb.
3.The guy said he was sorry,what more do you want,let it go.
4.Mibs is right,were not obligated to accept your beleifs,were only obligated to let you practice them,and you hold the same obligations,we all share the planet,but we dont have to like eachother.
5.Redneckboy was kidding,the joke may not have been to your taste,but he was only joking,get over it.
6.I get a little offended when somone insults my beleif,we all do,but unless there really persistant,or get violent,they can insult my beleifs all they want I'm not gaonna take a little insult that seriously,but keep in mind if you insult ones beleifs it opens the door for people to insult yours aswell.
7.Before you bitch at me I would like to say I respect your beleifs,I hope your decent enough to respect the beleif of mine I just posted.If not fuck off ya fascist.

sanane kardesim
08-03-2008, 06:32 AM
1.People need to quite whining about how an anime is wrong,they have the right to express themselves through art,get over it.
2.to clear up point one,I have nothing against people based on there religion,but when they cry about people making fun them,thats just dumb.
3.The guy said he was sorry,what more do you want,let it go.
4.Mibs is right,were not obligated to accept your beleifs,were only obligated to let you practice them,and you hold the same obligations,we all share the planet,but we dont have to like eachother.
5.Redneckboy was kidding,the joke may not have been to your taste,but he was only joking,get over it.
6.I get a little offended when somone insults my beleif,we all do,but unless there really persistant,or get violent,they can insult my beleifs all they want I'm not gaonna take a little insult that seriously,but keep in mind if you insult ones beleifs it opens the door for people to insult yours aswell.
7.Before you bitch at me I would like to say I respect your beleifs,I hope your decent enough to respect the beleif of mine I just posted.If not fuck off ya fascist.

first off u call us dumb and then u respect our beliefs? man u got much bullshit there
and how is it just dumb? just cause u dont mind if someone insults your religion anyone else shouldnt mind that? everybody has a different opinion and a different weak point and some peoples weak point is their religion so ya cant say its dumb if they dont want an anime which insults their religion
just because people dont share your opinion and get offended by something you dont they arent dumb

Hiraku
08-03-2008, 11:00 AM
One thing and every thing now a days insults organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Which are established religions that span over two thousand years of history and culture.

Then there are the rediculous pseudo religion as stupid as Scientology. Now that is an insult to all true religions world wide. Cause the belief of alen spirits making us sad is just plain stupid.

I think we are better than this and take a cartoon as an insult to any of our beliefs. People in this world have freedom of speech and we shall respect there own beliefs and opinions even if we dont agree with them without insult to them.

The creator of this anime is in Japan last time i checked that is not a middle eastern based relion country.

Meaning there not Christian, Jewish or Muslim so there opinions on our religions differ.

Point and case how many japanese animes carry psuedo christian imagery in there anime.

Case and point Evangelion the whole story revolved around the twelve angels and return of Jesus the whole plot was based on a fundamental christian belief.

When i saw that anime for the first time i did not take offense to it. Even tho it was showing chstian images in a way that seems like there insulting our religion. They did it in a some what respectful way.

Thats why i did not feel insulted by it. I believe its good to allow others to learn about our religions in any way possible around the world.

Plus it was a good show.

Miburo
08-03-2008, 11:00 AM
@sanane-Actually, it is dumb. Because they're not saying "I don't like it, so I'm not going to watch it" like any normal, non-crybaby dumbass would do. They're saying "It hurts my fragile feelings, so someone do something about it now!" THAT is fucking retarded.

If you don't like it, then don't watch it. The animu scene in question wasn't even insulting to begin with, which makes it extra fucking stupid. They're being little crybaby bitches, it's as simple as that.

Edit:

Also, Scientology isn't that much more ridiculous than any other religion. Only reason they're worse is because they use their followers for money a lot more then most other religions do. That's all.

Hanz86
08-03-2008, 11:22 AM
@sanane-Actually, it is dumb. Because they're not saying "I don't like it, so I'm not going to watch it" like any normal, non-crybaby dumbass would do. They're saying "It hurts my fragile feelings, so someone do something about it now!" THAT is fucking retarded.
If you don't like it, then don't watch it. The animu scene in question wasn't even insulting to begin with, which makes it extra fucking stupid. They're being little crybaby bitches, it's as simple as that.
Edit:

Also, Scientology isn't that much more ridiculous than any other religion. Only reason they're worse is because they use their followers for money a lot more then most other religions do. That's all.

This is the 100000th time i say it....
its not about Crybaby or etc....
Its about ISLAM RULES!!!!!!!!
ISLAM TEACH US TO RESPECT OUR RELIGION AND OTHER RELIGION...NOT MAKING FUN OF THEM OR SAY SOMETHING BAD OF THEM..SO, WE FOLLOW THIS RULES...
AS FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NON-MUSLIM OR HAD NO-RELIGION AND SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AS CRYBABY OR DUMB...ALL OF U OBVIOUSLY NOT RESPECT UR OWN RELIGION, NOT RESPECT UR GOD EVEN MAKING FUN OF RELIGION IS SMALL MATTER FOR U...I DONT MIND IF U WANNA MAKING FUN UR OWN RELIGION, BUT DONT DO IT TO OTHERS RELIGION...WE HAD DIFFERENT BELIEFS...SO, STOP ASSUME AND ASKING OTHER PEOPLE TO THINK LIKE YOURS....THATS RETARDED!!!

Miburo
08-03-2008, 11:38 AM
ISLAM TEACH US TO RESPECT OUR RELIGION AND OTHER RELIGION...NOT MAKING FUN OF THEM OR SAY SOMETHING BAD OF THEM..SO, WE FOLLOW THIS RULES...
AS FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NON-MUSLIM OR HAD NO-RELIGION AND SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AS CRYBABY OR DUMB...ALL OF U OBVIOUSLY NOT RESPECT UR OWN RELIGION, NOT RESPECT UR GOD EVEN MAKING FUN OF RELIGION IS SMALL MATTER FOR U...I DONT MIND IF U WANNA MAKING FUN UR OWN RELIGION, BUT DONT DO IT TO OTHERS RELIGION...WE HAD DIFFERENT BELIEFS...SO, STOP ASSUME AND ASKING OTHER PEOPLE TO THINK LIKE YOURS....THATS RETARDED!!!

Wow. Protip: You shouldn't be calling anything retarded, ever.

You do realize that not everyone subscribes to islamic beliefs, correct? Therefore they're not bound by the same rules and guidelines as people who do. So they don't need to "respect other religion" and shit like that.

Like I said, if they simply were offended by it then...no, wait. Anyone who's offended by a bad guy holding a book, no matter how sacred it is, is being a huge crybaby douchebag. He's just checking it out, it doesn't mean anything. It's not insulting, it's not demeaning, it's definitely not something to be making any sort of fuss about. You can't justify faggotry of that magnitude.

It is stupid. People making a fuss about this shit are crybabies. If you disagree, then you're wrong. Not because I say you're wrong, but because it's been shown numerous times in this thread. I'm not making any flawed assumptions, I'm telling it how it is. If you act like a crybaby, then you're going to be called a crybaby. That's how shit works. Don't be silly.

skwee
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM

I understand it's against your rules to direspect your religion,but the rules of my religion have noithing against it.It's ok if I make fun of other religions according to my beleifs,I'm not muslim,I dont have to follow the rules of Islamic religion.It's not fair to have to respect your rules,but you dont respect my rules.Also I would never directly insult a religion out of hatred,I do it out of fun,and I make fun of my own religion as well.I respect that Muslims must abide by the Quran(SP?)but I dont have to.Besides it's not like I'm going right up to a Muslim,and shouting religous slurs in his face.

Also if your bitch and moan about somthing that offends you it wont help,instedead of crying,just watch somthing else.

uchiha-anwar
08-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Hanz...u already made ur point many times before...repeating it again and again for someone who wont even understand is pointless...save ur breath and leave these discussion....in addition...
those ppl live in a society that know no limits and living under the word "why not?"...any thing can be right in there eyes as long as its not going against the "human" law of the country they live in...but for there gods laws..the one that ordered them to do the best behaviors and respect each others dignity and belief..no..u can walk all over that....
so please save ur breath my friend and dont ask them to offer what they dont have.

Miburo
08-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I don't follow your imaginary friend's laws. I'm so stoopid. Hurr hurr.

You guys say the dumbest shit, seriously.

Hanz86
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hanz...u already made ur point many times before...repeating it again and again for someone who wont even understand is pointless...save ur breath and leave these discussion....in addition...
those ppl live in a society that know no limits and living under the word "why not?"...any thing can be right in there eyes as long as its not going against the "human" law of the country they live in...but for there gods laws..the one that ordered them to do the best behaviors and respect each others dignity and belief..no..u can walk all over that....
so please save ur breath my friend and dont ask them to offer what they dont have.

yeah...thanks for ur suggestion..
thats is the best thing i can do..
im usually a tolerate person..
i can accept all joke except Making Fun of Religion..
but, im powerless..how pitty..

btw...
Miburo, RedneckBoy...just say whatever u want...i wont change my belief..:D

Hokage4354
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Come'on guys, take this to the debates section.

As said, anime has all rights to express itself. Anime is art, and art is all about expression.

sanane kardesim
08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
so u say its alright if children watch it and grow up thinking bad about a religion???
if u didnt realize that : kids actually do believe alot they see
thats fkn retarted

well since ive heard a few of ur opinions ill go make a anime
the first episode is called
christians = sons of a bitch :\

if u get offended ur a crybaby

skwee
08-04-2008, 04:08 PM
so u say its alright if children watch it and grow up thinking bad about a religion???
if u didnt realize that : kids actually do believe alot they see
thats fkn retarted

well since ive heard a few of ur opinions ill go make a anime
the first episode is called
christians = sons of a bitch :\

if u get offended ur a crybaby

1.Chances are a kid wouldnt be watching a show that insults religions.
2.If a kid did see somthing like that I'd assume,and hope the parents stopped them from watching it.
3.If you made your little show and I was offended I wouldnt be a crybaby,if a bitched and moaned,and tried to ruin it for everyone else whose alowed to watch it,then I'd be a crybaby.
4.I've said it before already,if you dont like the show for whatever reason,dont watch it,it's that simple.But don try to stop others from enjoying it if they want to,watching a show is a choice,and it's not your place to coose for other people,get over it.

sanane kardesim
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
how many parents are watching over their children 24/7?? now tell me why porn isnt on the TV on 4 pm ???
anyone who wants should watch it oh yea
cause its not for children
and children watch anything which is on the channel
and they actually watch any anime
so take a nice cup of stfu mixed with thinking-before-posting

skwee
08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
how many parents are watching over their children 24/7?? now tell me why porn isnt on the TV on 4 pm ???
anyone who wants should watch it oh yea
and children watch anything which is on the channel
and they actually watch any anime
so take a nice cup of stfu mixed with thinking-before-posting

there are several ways to stop a child from watching certain cannels.What kid is up late enough to see this stuff anyway.Most of the channels kids watch dont show anything wrong till past 11'0 clock,there probably asleep.if they do happen across some show they shouldnt watch I doubt theyll even remember it if there younger than 6 years old,besides theres the v-chip.When I was litlle if I was watching innapropriate t.v. I got hit and lost my t.v.If a kids parents arent willing to take the proper measures it's the shows fault.If a show is designed for a certain age group,and some little kid sees it,the creator of the show shouldnt be blamed,and the show shouldnt be removed for cindication.

It's not right to remove a show because a kid accidently saw a bad t.v. show.If that was the case half the good shit on t.v. would be canceld.

sanane kardesim
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
ehem
i just said
its not on tv at 4 pm
because its not right for them to see
and something which shows them a wrong image of a religion
is the right thing or wat?

and ur saying certain channels
so the channel the anime had been showed on
only showed racist anime??? i dont think so
in short : so the parents wont think that the channel is harming
= children watch it
= wrong image of religion
= bad reputation for islam

i think u should get it now

skwee
08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
ehem
i just said
its not on tv at 4 pm
because its not right for them to see
and something which shows them a wrong image of a religion
is the right thing or wat?

and ur saying certain channels
so the channel the anime had been showed on
only showed racist anime??? i dont think so
in short : so the parents wont think that the channel is harming
= children watch it
= wrong image of religion
= bad reputation for islam

i think u should get it now

Ok lets say a kid sees somthing thats wrong,the parent can still tell them it was wrong,and set them straight.Even if a channel has a few bad shows mixed with the good the parent stop them from watching the shows just as easily as stopping them from watching the channel with child blocks,and punishment if nessicary.Parents should know what there kids are watching and stop them from watching harmful material.

And even if some people get offended all they have to do is turn off the t.v.(this includes preventing children from watching the shows)they dont have to ruin it for other people that have no reason not to watch it.After all countless kids see porno on t.v. but most of them turn out fine when the parents set them straight.Theres no reason to get rid of a show because you dont like it.Get rid of it for yourself,not for other people.

sanane kardesim
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
u know
there are taboos mofo
and insulting a religion is one of them
islam as a religion itself has a right not to get insulted
why u think nazis or KKK arent allowed to be in public???
if it comes to you let the people who want it join it and insult people
its not allowed for a reason dude

Miburo
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
The show isn't insulting religion though, genius. = /

@Hanz-No one was trying to change your belief in the first place, so whatever.

sanane kardesim
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
it isnt???
:O
whats with prophet mohammed telling them to kill everybody then?

skwee
08-04-2008, 08:26 PM
u know
there are taboos mofo
and insulting a religion is one of them
islam as a religion itself has a right not to get insulted
why u think nazis or KKK arent allowed to be in public???
if it comes to you let the people who want it join it and insult people
its not allowed for a reason dude

I'm not saying flat out hatred right,but making a joke bsed on race or religion for fun is fine,it's just a joke.Theres a big difference between"Kill those terrorist msulims"and"A preist,a pirate,and a muslim walk into a bar"one is a joke wich is if you dont like,dont listen.The other is a pure example of hate speech and should not be tolerated.Besides drinking,smoking,and alot of other legal things are also taboo.

What the anime did was not hatred,a villain happend to be holding the qu'ran while he told his minions to execute the hero.It didnt insult the book or religion,if he was holding a bible,but did the same thing would it be so bad?There are evil people in every religion,but not all the people in it are evil.There are neo-nazi's who think non-christians should die,and Muslim extremist who think Non-muslims should die.This dosnt make those religions evil,it makes those people evil.The qu'ran was being held to make it seem more like the scene took place in Egypt.

kikuri
08-06-2008, 01:36 AM
if you're a sane person, you'd know the difference if your god is nuts or not.

what are free-thinking minds for?

Introspection
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I don't follow your imaginary friend's laws. I'm so stoopid. Hurr hurr.

You guys say the dumbest shit, seriously.

It's why I just read it and lol. You gotta know at a certain point if you cant react to nonsense in a humorous way, you're head explodes.

phoenix012345
08-23-2008, 05:51 AM
ok so this was interesting read and all but seriously.. why get so worked up over it? I'm not for or against what was done, cause I have not seen the anime to make an objective decision. But it seems like this post went from an interesting article to a bashing contest.. Why can't we all just get along and be fellow animaniac<s>.. If you feel like bashing something it is better to do in pretend and not in words/actions as they hurt in the long run.. ok that was my bit have fun ya'all :D

kikuri
08-24-2008, 07:50 AM
i think it's a way of venting out unspoken feelings. heheh...

zer0systm
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
what doesn't Insult Religion today whether its Islam, Chirstian, Judasim, grow up and get over it just because you have you beliefs doesnt mean evryone else shares the same, if you let something as petty as a picture of a Person or a book offend you then your mentality and maturity is lower than that of a 2 year old, get over it dont go killing people because then you just prove to the world what a buncha fkn idiots you are believing a buncha shit thats been written in a book you've got your religion your neighbor has his learn to accept others different beliefs

Brotherhood
09-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Foolish ideals only bring insanity.

kimm21
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
its just a show

Ryuzaki
09-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Islam is taking the forefront nowadays but only because it's in the media so much. I'm sure the author would have done the same with any other religion that was facing serious media-time. In the same respect, you could see a backlash from different religion groups for instance, if it was the Bible there, I'm sure you'd hear an outcry from Christians.

Should it happen? No. Can we do anything about it? Aside from rant and cry here and there we really have no other ways of stopping it. Most people will do what they want, when they want, we can show our disapproval and stand firm by it.

Avian
09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Geez Hollywood does this all the time whats the big deal? That one who started that negative comment is a punk and probably an anime hater or hate japanese all together. Besides its not that writers fault that every non-muslim in this planet portrayed muslims as terrorist... even though most terrorist are muslims. You cant blame people for being stereotypical to create a good story. I mean cmon.

Ryuzaki
09-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Geez Hollywood does this all the time whats the big deal? That one who started that negative comment is a punk and probably an anime hater or hate japanese all together. Besides its not that writers fault that every non-muslim in this planet portrayed muslims as terrorist... even though most terrorist are muslims. You cant blame people for being stereotypical to create a good story. I mean cmon.
That is a common misconception and all terrorist are not muslims, they are just publicized more nowadays. There are several factions and numerous groups of individual of various ethnic groups that outweigh muslim extremists.

Hanz86
09-25-2008, 05:45 AM
US soldier killed 5-10 (could be higher) innocent people per day in Iraq, Afghanistan etc...Israel soldier kill several Palestine people including Women and children everyday....

But, they never been label as TERRORIST...i wonder why....:rolleyes: