PDA

View Full Version : Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich

OffTheChain
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
:< haha 0123456789

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/07/16/man-finds-seven-inch-knife-in-subway-sandwich-89520-20650942/
http://current.com/items/89108112_knife_found_in_subway_sandwich
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,383681,00.html

Man finds seven-inch knife in Subway sandwich
By Mirror.co.uk 16/07/2008

A man who found a seven-inch knife in his foot-long Subway sandwich is suing the firm for £500,000.

New Yorker John Agnesini, 27, found the large serrated knife baked into the bread of his lunch and claimed the melted plastic from the knife's handle caused food poisoning.

The one million US dollar law suit, to be filed in the Manhattan State Supreme Court today, claims that Subway breached its responsibilities under local health codes and public health law.

Mr Agnesini, of Astoria, Queens, told the New York Post he was horrified when he spotted the seven-inch blade inside his lunch on June 27.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

"After taking a few bites I could tell something didn't taste right," he said.

"Then I felt something hard on the bottom of the bread. I turned it over and could see the knife baked inside."

He said the sharp edge of the stainless steel knife was facing upward and extended into the half of the sandwich he had begun to eat.

"It's shocking. You see this metal knife. I mean, it's one thing seeing a hair or something," he said.

"If I didn't look at it, could you imagine what would happen? I could've slashed the side of my mouth."

Mr Agnesini, a designer at Homo Xtra magazine in Midtown, Manhattan, bought the sandwich from a shop on West 35th Street.

He was not badly injured, but became violently ill with "severe stomach issues" for three hours and a doctor told him he had the symptoms of food poisoning.

Mr Agnesini said this could have been caused by whatever contaminants may have seeped into his food, possibly from the melted plastic handle of the knife.

He added that the knife was "filthy".

His lawyer, Yetta Kurland of Kurland, Bonica & Associates, said: "It is outrageous that someone would have to worry about swallowing a metal knife and it is unthinkable that Subway, which makes fortunes off its campaign of 'Eat fresh', would allow something like this to happen."

Kevin Kane, a Subway spokesman, told the paper: "At Subway restaurants, we take food safety and customer comments very seriously.

"We are aware of the complaint made and are investigating the facts.

"As a pending legal matter, we cannot discuss this matter further."

goku100
07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Dont subway make the sandwich right infront of you?

Miburo
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Lucky mother fucker. I wish I'd find a fucking knife in my sandwich! Hell, I'd take a finger, fish-hook, condom, any-fucking-thing. Seriously.

Also, homo xtra magazine?

Matonly1T
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
The funny thing is if this happened in a small time deli there wouldn't be lawsuit. This guy saw a corporation as an finanical opportunity and took it.

Ninja48
07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
So? Those mother fuckers have enough money.

And he probably got a foot long, which concealed the knife fully. FIVE. FIVE DOLLAR.

balmung5000
07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
yea like goku said
i always watch those
n00bs mak my sandwich
if i saw them put a knife in
i wouldnt say anything
then i woudl bring it up and be liek
yo n00b you left this in here
then sue them for millions
like this guy

Ninja48
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Bal (and others wondering),
the large serrated knife baked into the bread of his lunch

balmung5000
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
if it was baked into the bread
then when they slice the bread
how did they not slice the knife

goku100
07-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Only the plastic bit was melted in though, the rest was still intact, both subway and the man are total retards.

dirk667
07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
if it was baked into the bread
then when they slice the bread
how did they not slice the knife

yeah, they cut those in half, it would have hit a 7 i long knife!! he probably poisoned imself and stuck the knife in there

Miburo
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
You know, little spoon has a point. They might miss the knife while making it because it's cut horizontally when they're jamming that nasty looking meat in. But after they're done they cut it in half vertically.

So you'd think the guy would have noticed the knife before taking a bite, unless he's some sort of douchebag who picks up the entire footlong and jams it in his mouth instead of eating one half at a time.

They guy would have to be pretty fucking stupid to actually eat some of it without noticing the knife right away no matter what. Unless he thought that he'd be able to get more money if he ate a bunch of the plastic shit and got sick?

Shikamaru
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
jesus christ, ill be surprised if this man gets a dime.

This is the most retarded claim ive ever heard, how the fuck would a 7 inch knife fit into a subway sandwich which are cut in half and served in 6 inch portions

balmung5000
07-16-2008, 06:17 PM
jesus christ, ill be surprised if this man gets a dime.

This is the most retarded claim ive ever heard, how the fuck would a 7 inch knife fit into a subway sandwich which are cut in half and served in 6 inch portions

exactly why i said
how did they not hit
the knife when they cut
the bread
it just doesnt make any sense

Shikamaru
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Then you bal are a very intelligant man, you need to be Lameway's lawyer

my apologies for not reading the thread replies

Kina
07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Perhaps the knife was placed in such a way that only the melted handle would have been cut? Or maybe the guy cutting it too high? It's theoretically possible, especially with the human factor.

Hokage4354
07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Guys don't forget, it's a 7 inch knife but the plastic melted. This means the knife
got about 3-4 inches sorter with the handle melted.

Kina
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
With a good knife, the knife is inside most of the handle, but I feel that isn't the case here. Also, hokage, that was my point.

Hokage4354
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
With a good knife, the knife is inside most of the handle, but I feel that isn't the case here. Also, hokage, that was my point.

True but the entire knife does not run through the handle. A knife once
came out of it's handle on me and it was in about an inch. So with the
plastic melted, it's about 5-5.5 inches long which is still possible to fit in
once half without the person who cut it noticing.

Kina
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
If you want to get technical like that, some knives extend fully though the handle. The shiny dots on the side are to keep it in place, they're called rivets. ;O

Is he suing for the knife in his bread or the food poisoning?

Hokage4354
07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, I would sue for both x.x
But I think it's for food poisoning.

The melted plastic is more deadly then the knife believe it or not.

Miburo
07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
I'd guess that the subway guy cutting it just didn't notice when he cut it in half with the vertical cut. Probably just hit something hard and assumed it was the counter.

I mean, fucking plastic isn't going to just mix with bread. I'm sure as it melts it'll contaminate the bread and shit, but once it cools down it'll probably turn into hard, brittle plastic shit. I suppose it's possible that the plastic part was in the centerish where it was vertically cut in half, but no fucking way any non-retarded person wouldn't notice plastic shit right away after the first bite.

Hokage4354
07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I still just wonder how the knife UNNOTICEABLE got there in the first place.

Freshgrease
07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Doesn't Shessy or whatever his name is work there?

On another note, most of the employees at the subways Ive been too are a bit retarded or just a bunch of punks. 1 out of 10-11 sandwhiches I get they don't cut the footlong unless I notice it and get them to do it. They might have not cut the thing vertically (unless the story said they did).

Miburo
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
FG has a point. They do have a lot of douchebags working at subway. Maybe he didn't get a vertical half cut.

shigshwa
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Well, thats unfortunate that they somehow managed to cut a 7 inch and a 5 inch half.

Hiraku
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow lets just say the guy that had the sandwich was a lucky lmf. Cause he took a bite of the sandwich with the plastic handle instead of the front end of the knife.

In reality any one that has ever eaten at subway in a major city how clean or smart do the employes seem to act and behave. Not very well.

There either stupid stoners or people over forty that dont even have basic skills to work at the post office.

Im just surprised this has not happen more often. Hey maybe jerad lost the all that weight becuase of all the serated knives he ate while eating subway.