PDA

View Full Version : Wesrboro Baptist Church to Protest Ledger Funeral

The Assassins Curse
07-27-2008, 05:18 AM
A fundamentalist church whose members demonstrate at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and believe God hates gays will protest the Academy Awards and the funeral of Heath Ledger, because the actor played a The Joker in the 2008 film “The Dark Knight.”

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., are trying to find out where the 28-year-old actor’s funeral will be held and have already made signs to hold outside the Oscars that read “God Hates comic Book Villains and Comic Book Villains Enablers,” “Heath in Hell” and “Mourn for Your Sins,” Shirley Phelps-Roper, daughter of the church’s controversial founder Pastor Fred Phelps, told ABCNEWS.com.

Though Ledger was not a criminal in Gotham City, the church believes he “misused the giant megaphone given to him by God Almighty to speak the truth about Comic Book Villains,” Phelps-Roper said, and instead “used his position of prominence to say God is a liar and that Comic Book Villains are not an abomination.”

The time and location of the Ledger’s funeral remain unknown, but it is widely believed it will take place in the actor’s native Australia.

George Amado, the general manager of New York City’s Frank E. Campbell funeral home, told The Associated Press that funeral arrangements for the actor are complete and his relatives are expected to arrive in New York City Friday.

He refused to elaborate further, saying, “The family doesn’t want us to give out any information.”

“They are going to try and hide the body like a bunch of ghouls so we can’t protest. The only thing in this country people worship more than Comic Book Villains is the dead,” Phelps-Roper said.

She said members of the church had already purchased plane tickets to picket outside the Oscars, scheduled for Feb. 24 in Hollywood.

A press release posted to the church’s Web site, godhatesfags.com, reads: “Heath Ledger is now in Hell, and has begun serving his eternal sentence there — besides which, nothing else about Heath Ledger is relevant or consequential.”

According to the Web site, the church, founded in 1955, has held more than 34,000 protests. But Phelps-Roper said there are currently only 50 members.

info found at: http://gorightly.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/god-hates-comic-book-villians/

*eye twitch*...GOD I FUCKING HATE THESE RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS!!!!! IF GOD REALLY IS HOW THEY DESCRIBE HIM I'LL GLADLY GO TO HELL!!!! SINCE WHEN IS IT A SIN TO PLAY A COMIC BOOK VILLAIN!!! I DON'T RECALL THE BIBLE EVER SAYING THAT!!!! I HOPE EVERY MEMBER OF THIS DAMN CHURCH DIES A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!!

RNB
07-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Didn't this already happen?

sanane kardesim
07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
omfg why they do this man theres no point he didnt do anything bad did he

then i wonder what theyll say when jenna jameson dies :\

The Assassins Curse
07-27-2008, 11:27 AM
omfg why they do this man theres no point he didnt do anything bad did he

then i wonder what theyll say when jenna jameson dies :\

They are protesting because he played the Joker and for his roll in Brokeback Mountain.

http://www.thoughttheater.com/WestboroLedgerPressRelease.jpg

They also protest at Holocaust museums the funerals of dead soldiers and gays and they protest other things.

http://graphics.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/30/1193783571_6404/300h.jpghttp://pdberger.com/images/graham11.jpghttp://www.thetalentshow.org/images/godhates.jpghttp://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Westerboro_Baptist_Church.jpg
THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT THEY FUCKING DO!!!! I KID YOU NOT!!!!

RNB
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM
They sure can troll...

Freshgrease
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I wonder if the bikers that usually prevent them from protesting at soldier funerals will be there. These people aren't religious. They are inbred retards from the same fucking Phelps family. The girls are hot though. Somebody should teach WBC a lesson by poppin all them cherries.

Ninja48
07-27-2008, 02:50 PM
I really wonder if they do the things they do just to fuck with people.

RNB
07-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I really wonder if they do the things they do just to fuck with people.
I have always wondered the same thing because it seems almost impossible to read the Bible and hold the opinions they have. I know a lot of baptists and they aren't that bad.

They would probably be like a mega troll or something and would go in the hall of fame.

saskatu
07-27-2008, 03:01 PM
These retards are not going to get nothing from doing this.

All those girls need to get laid big time!

The Assassins Curse
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
other than that we need a Westboro Baptist Church Massacre and burn the church to the ground.

If god really is how they describe him then I'd rather go to hell than heaven.

Oh well the chances are that the Heath Ledger/Joker fans are gonna kill them before we do

YoshiToshi
07-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Ironically, these people are going to hell.

Keisok
07-27-2008, 11:19 PM
These idiots again? Well, nothing really much to say except that they're total morons and they should get the shit kicked out of them by the attendees of the next funeral at their next protest.

I have always wondered the same thing because it seems almost impossible to read the Bible and hold the opinions they have. I know a lot of baptists and they aren't that bad.

They would probably be like a mega troll or something and would go in the hall of fame.

Nah, they're not Baptists. They're not even really a church. If I remember correctly, to be considered a church you have to have over 1,000 members. These stains on humanity don't even have 100 members, and 80% of it being their family. They are a cult, not a church.

Mashed Potato
07-28-2008, 04:25 AM
You don't know how hard the fangirl inside of me is raging. :mad:

Jaxon
07-28-2008, 07:23 AM
O WAIT. I didn't read that ABC article.

Yeah. Oh well. To be fair, no-one's ever taken them seriously except themselves. I'm actually looking forward to their next anti-gay shenanigan. They really are a villain everyone can hate. Like the Nazis. They bring people together in hatred :]

ShinobiKnight
07-28-2008, 08:52 PM
These people disgust me. I sincerely hope they're just trolling, because to actually hold the beliefs they claim they have would be extremely ignorant.

@Keisok: Where did you get this "1000+ members" rule from? At any rate, it doesn't apply to churches in general. I think church is defined as any time a group of people gather to discuss aspects of Christianity. Just sayin'.

@Jaxon: Downside is, it wasn't illegal to kill off the Nazis.

ThyMaiden
07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I dont actually consider them christian.
for me they are much as a christian than a killer, no worse.
I'm pretty sure what they do can b consider blasphemy
using the christian god's name for such things.

Sasame
07-31-2008, 04:15 AM
As much as everyone here and basically the entire US hates them, unfortunately the 1st Amendment to the US constitution allows them to continue their "Free Speech" with protection.

However in my opinion they should be a special case, where they do not deserve the rights of the US, especially since they are condemning every US soldier, Citizen, and US itself into hell and they show no problem the hatred of the US. So in my opinion why should they expect to receive the same freedoms in a country they hate and condemn to hell?