PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama our new president

Distortion
11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27531033/

“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer,” Obama declared.

Even though everyone is saying "new black president" .. hopefully in the future when this happens, it'll just be "new president"

Obama wins the elections by a landslide if you ask me........... hahaha... cubans around miami are saying how he's a communist.. shit is hilarious

Hiraku
11-05-2008, 12:40 AM
who here voted for who.

lapiza
11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
i live in New Zealand and we have our own election on saturday, but the United States election completely dwarfs our own, and i can tell you by news paper polls, word of mouth, and general media, that New Zealanders are happy with the election of obama. Even though we don't have a say in the election, the United States effects our way of lives everyday, and we feel that our relations with the United States will only improve with the newly elected president to be Obama.

Freshgrease
11-05-2008, 01:55 AM
who here voted for who.I voted for neither of them. Fucking liberals.

Dagoro
11-05-2008, 03:51 AM
This was my 1st election and i Voted for Senator Obama. I could not be more happy. We made history this election and proved to the world that we are not backwards. Hope overcame fear. Im so proud of my country ^^ !!

Kilik 64
11-05-2008, 05:21 AM
I voted for neither of them. Fucking liberals.
Care to, you know, EXPLAIN your opinion?

Teh Big One
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I went for McCain.

I hope Obama's presidency doesn't suck the big one >.>

Hiraku
11-05-2008, 09:42 AM
i voted for Mccain at least he had experience on his side. Lets hope its not another repeat with george bush with obama this time.

Distortion
11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
i voted for Mccain at least he had experience on his side. Lets hope its not another repeat with george bush with obama this time.

Obama went to columbia university and attended Harvard Law school, I doubt that they are both even on the same mental stability.

Freshgrease
11-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Care to, you know, EXPLAIN your opinion?Im american, and this isn't a debate. I don't have to justify my opinions.

Distortion
11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Im american, and this isn't a debate. I don't have to justify my opinions.

America, fuck yea?

Hopefully Obama does something about these nasty black water ops.

Nexus
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm glad Obama won as I'm glad I helped in making that happen. Obama will make a positive change for the U.S. I guarantee it.

Jaxon
11-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Kay, you voted for McCain, and you think the Obama presidency could be the next Bush administration? Seriously, what the fuck.

I think everyone in my country is breathing a sigh of relief that Obama has been voted in. America can be the good guys again!

Hiraku
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
First in experience Mccain has 20 years more experience in politics than obama. Second Mccain has military experience both in theory and practical application. Third he is a veteran and i respect that about John Mccain.

Obama has no experience on the global scale just like Bush did so its easy to make the comparison. And if you dont like my view then to bad i dont care.

Mizukage Hitsugaya 10
11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I voted for neither of them. Fucking liberals.

I agree, I was not thrilled with either. I'm black btw so when I say I didn't like Obama everyone goes WAT!!!! BUT UR BLAK OMG

Miburo
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Obama has just as much experience as Abraham Lincoln. Also, the first major decision a president has to make comes before they're even president really, and that is choosing a vice president to run with. And look who McCain picked...

YES WE CAN!! FUCK YEAH!

Ami-san
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I voted for Obama. Congrats Obama.

Myth
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm glad Obama won as I'm glad I helped in making that happen. Obama will make a positive change for the U.S. I guarantee it.

lol pathetic "you guarantee it" you ain't got nothing to promise sir since you don't know what obama will do or not do to get elected you must get the voters trust which he did with WORDS not actions YET.

I voted for obama let's just hope he won't screw over Israel.

Nexus
11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
lol pathetic "you guarantee it" you ain't got nothing to promise sir since you don't know what obama will do or not do to get elected you must get the voters trust which he did with WORDS not actions YET.

I voted for obama let's just hope he won't screw over Israel.
I'm going off of faith, Myth. Of course, no one can actually guarantee Obama's actions just like they guarantee their own. I do believe some positive change will come from him in the future. Also, the way you type remind me of someone else that hasn't disappeared not to long ago from NL, but that couldn't be you :rolleyes:.

Distortion
11-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm going off of faith, Myth. Of course, no one can actually guarantee Obama's actions just like they guarantee their own. I do believe some positive change will come from him in the future. Also, the way you type remind me of someone else that hasn't disappeared not to long ago from NL, but that couldn't be you :rolleyes:.

Of course that's not Nam-----whoops.

--------------------------

Obama will hopefully not let us down. He seems like the leader-type, hopefully not the communist leader type.

Miburo
11-05-2008, 11:43 PM
He's not nami/minimalist/etc., smart guys.

Though, he may be a fail lord supreme dupe.

Also, fuck yeah Obama!

naruto0510
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Although, I'm not the legal age for voting, Barack Obama was my choice. He is best suited for the job and because I don't like McCain. If he was to win [McCain] and croak in office, Palin would take over. <shudders>

Myth
11-06-2008, 12:18 AM
He's not nami/minimalist/etc., smart guys.

Though, he may be a fail lord supreme dupe.

Also, fuck yeah Obama!

I am not any of those guys , fail lord supreme what kinda name is that did he take after that name to.

Nexus I have no problem with what you said but don't just say trust me cause honestly i would assume nobody on this forum even knows you as in person. I voted for Obama because..

A - I cannot stand anyone who follows bush's crap policies.
B - I believe in what Obama says but if you honestly believe what he says will change during his first term you are way off. Obama will be lucky to do a quarter of what he said in his first term, our country as it is now couldn't be fucked up more.

So I hope my vote for Obama was the right choice even though lol even if i hadn't voted i doubt it would make a slight difference in the outcome. There was a "low" standered i had set for mccain, but for the election to be over before 11 pm when Ny polls closed at 9 lol that's something.

D4rKR34v3r
11-06-2008, 06:51 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/zx6yi8.jpg

but on a serious note, i think its awesome he won. America deserves some change for the better.

kluang
11-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Obama went to columbia university and attended Harvard Law school, I doubt that they are both even on the same mental stability.

True. Now lets see how Obama admin clean Bush mess.

Spiegel
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I voted for Obama. Best damn decision I have made thus far this year. Just to point out some of the reasons I voted for him. He's level headed, doesn't get angry, and highly intellectual (especially when compared to his predecessor). He's the only president that I actually feel like he will TRY to do at least 75% of what he promised but I'm not expecting things to change quickly either. He is coming into the White House with a huge ass mess to clean up and be on friendly terms with our allies and other countries that hate us.

Ryuzo™
11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
XD.

Wow, you guys fail to realize that Bush was trying to clean up Clinton's mess. Clinton was the one who gave Iran these weapons. I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made. And now we have another one in office. Good job, America. Now I really am screwed.

^Note: I'm going into Basic Training in the Air Force the 17th. Great to be serving a President with no military training. We'll be screwed if we get attacked AGAIN, and our Commander-In-Chief has no military training.

Kilik 64
11-07-2008, 06:49 PM
First in experience Mccain has 20 years more experience in politics than obama. Second Mccain has military experience both in theory and practical application. Third he is a veteran and i respect that about John Mccain.

Obama has no experience on the global scale just like Bush did so its easy to make the comparison. And if you dont like my view then to bad i dont care.
Except political experience =/= good policies while you're in the office.

Im american, and this isn't a debate. I don't have to justify my opinions.
I mean, I know you don't ave to, but I'm just interested in why you disliked both of them.

XD.

Wow, you guys fail to realize that Bush was trying to clean up Clinton's mess. Clinton was the one who gave Iran these weapons. I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made. And now we have another one in office. Good job, America. Now I really am screwed.

^Note: I'm going into Basic Training in the Air Force the 17th. Great to be serving a President with no military training. We'll be screwed if we get attacked AGAIN, and our Commander-In-Chief has no military training.
Because the President isn't allowed to ask more experienced people about how best to take care of that, right? Besides, with his plan of being out in 16 months and trying to repair our relations with nations all across the world, I don't think you have to worry about another war.

Ryuzo™
11-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Except political experience =/= good policies while you're in the office.

I mean, I know you don't ave to, but I'm just interested in why you disliked both of them.

Because the President isn't allowed to ask more experienced people about how best to take care of that, right? Besides, with his plan of being out in 16 months and trying to repair our relations with nations all across the world, I don't think you have to worry about another war.

Yeah, but how do you know that the people he asks will have the experience themselves to properly handle the situation?

Also, what happens if we're still in this phase, and a new President comes along? How do we know that the next President (Who could be a Republican, and doesn't care for relationships with other nations) ends theses reparations? That's when countries will get offended, and attack.

Kilik 64
11-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I was being sarcastic. He IS allowed to ask for advice, which is what his Board of Advisors does.

As for the next candidate, he would also have advisors that would hopefully tell him that that's not the best idea. However, if war does break out (I hope not) Obama's lack of military expertise wouldn't be a problem because he wouldn't be in office.

Ryuzo™
11-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Numero Uno: Umm, I know you were. I originally posted thinking you were serious, then it hit me you were being sarcastic, so I edited my post.

Numero Dos: So basically, you'll want another Republican to clean up a Democratic's mess, just like Bush was attempting to clean up Clinton's? That makes perfect sense.

You're basically saying it's alright what Obama does as long as the next President fixes the mistakes, am I right?

jimmer45khb
11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
All I have to say is that I am looking forward to the next four years to see what is going to happen

Kilik 64
11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Numero Dos: So basically, you'll want another Republican to clean up a Democratic's mess, just like Bush was attempting to clean up Clinton's? That makes perfect sense.
Trying to create peace between other nations is hardly a mistake. If a Republican took office later and decided "lulz let's enforce superiority" which led to hostility, that would be THAT president's mistake.

You're basically saying it's alright what Obama does as long as the next President fixes the mistakes, am I right?
No, and I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. Also, you are really sticking to the military side of McCain, yet you ignore the rest of his policies. Any reason why?

Ryuzo™
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Trying to create peace between other nations is hardly a mistake. If a Republican took office later and decided "lulz let's enforce superiority" which led to hostility, that would be THAT president's mistake.

No, and I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. Also, you are really sticking to the military side of McCain, yet you ignore the rest of his policies. Any reason why?

Uh, it is if it leads to them to attacking you with those weapons. Durhur.

The Military is about to become my life. It's the only thing I'm focusing on right now. It's number 1 on my priority list. ^.^

Ninja48
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Explain to me in depth Clinton's mistakes.

Chances are, you can't, because that idea was fed to you by a neo-con republican.

emachina
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Explain to me in depth Clinton's mistakes.

Chances are, you can't, because that idea was fed to you by a neo-con republican.

In depth about Clinton's mistakes? Fed to us by neo-con republicans? Dude, you drank the kool-aid so don't point fingers. Okay, I actually liked Clinton. But his administration had the most scandalous administration of the 20th century. He practically ignored Al Qaeda and all their attacks against our interests during the 90's, now so did the Presidents that came before him so that's not just a Clinton thing, and he got impeached for lying under oath.

Dude, I'm going to support Obama, he's going to be my President. But come on. Pretending that the problems of the Clinton years were in fact some vast right wing conspiracy is ludicrous.

edit: BTW, this was really classy. People had poked fun at Nancy Reagan for years over her and astrologists. But I think it was a nice thing for Obama to do and call Nancy Reagan over his little jab. ^_^ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/ap_on_el_pr/obama_seances

Ninja48
11-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I was actually asking a legitimate question, because I see that point brought up all the time by the right, claiming all of the shit that went down in Bush's term was somehow Clinton's fault. What I never heard was actual detail of why this was the case.

Clinton did plenty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy_of_the_Clinton_Administra tion#Counterterrorism_and_Osama_bin_Lade n) in response to terrorism. And that Monica Lewinsky scandal was really just a media thing. I don't believe it to have any real affect on real issues. I mean really, lying about a blow job and getting scolded? Is this high school?

emachina
11-07-2008, 11:23 PM
My opinion, he could have and should have done more. Bush Sr. could have and should have done more. Reagan, Carter, Ford, even Nixon could have and should have done more. I think 9/11 was a culmination of ignorance of Presidents before Bush 43. Yes Clinton responded to terrorist with very mediocre retaliation. He did address it, but after the first attack on the WTC we should have done more. That was an attack on America, and we basically lobbed a few missles into the desert and moved on.

And, regardless of how you feel about being scolded about getting a b.j. Clinton was under oath, and he perjured himself. That's not "high school", that's the law. If I perjured myself over a traffic ticket and I'm caught, I get in trouble. It's how the world works.

But, we're getting off track here. This isn't about Bush, Clinton, terrorists or anything like that. It is that Obama is now our President. We can continue this in the debate section if you want. :)

Ninja48
11-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Neh. I'm just responding to this.

I'm just tired of people knockin' on Bush for the mess a DEMOCRAT made.
Which is some typical rehearsed bipartisan bickering. Back on topic, I think it's awesome that Obama is trying to put an end to this bickering, and the idea of progressive ideals in policy making. Etc.

Ryuzo™
11-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Ok, think about it.

Clinton gave these guys weapon payloads, right? Then, while Clinton was still in office. Osama Bin Laden sends his henchmen to America to take flying lessons. My mom actually has copies of these allegations, I'm pretty sure you can look these up online. So, these guys learn to fly planes, Clinton goes out of office, and they strike. Bush, who comes into office, takes all the blame for 9/11. =/

Kina
11-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Ok, think about it.

Clinton gave these guys weapon payloads, right? Then, while Clinton was still in office. Osama Bin Laden sends his henchmen to America to take flying lessons. My mom actually has copies of these allegations, I'm pretty sure you can look these up online. So, these guys learn to fly planes, Clinton goes out of office, and they strike. Bush, who comes into office, takes all the blame for 9/11. =/
Bush isn't blamed for 9/11, that was pure terrorism, Bush is blamed for starting a now-pointless war based on bad intelligence.

Ryuzo™
11-08-2008, 01:14 AM
BUT, this was all caused by Clinton. And people can't blame Bush about information other people gave him.

Kina
11-08-2008, 01:29 AM
BUT, this was all caused by Clinton. And people can't blame Bush about information other people gave him.
How can Clinton possibly be blamed for the incompetence of the intelligence agencies?

Shikamaru
11-08-2008, 03:30 AM
...........FUCK!

then again that would've been my response no matter which one of those two half assed douchebags got voted in

Kilik 64
11-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Uh, it is if it leads to them to attacking you with those weapons. Durhur.
What weapons? Either we're talking about different presidents (you on Clinton, me on Obama), or you have made the assumption that Obama is going to give weapons to other people. and I would also like a detailed explanation of Clinton's problems in office.
And, regardless of how you feel about being scolded about getting a b.j. Clinton was under oath, and he perjured himself. That's not "high school", that's the law. If I perjured myself over a traffic ticket and I'm caught, I get in trouble. It's how the world works.
I agree with you about him deserving some punishment for lying under oath, but I disagree with the idea of him being in any kind of legal trouble for cheating on his wife.

Ryuzo™
11-08-2008, 04:23 PM
What weapons? Either we're talking about different presidents (you on Clinton, me on Obama), or you have made the assumption that Obama is going to give weapons to other people. and I would also like a detailed explanation of Clinton's problems in office.

I agree with you about him deserving some punishment for lying under oath, but I disagree with the idea of him being in any kind of legal trouble for cheating on his wife.

I'm talking about Clinton.

And if you want a detailed explanation, then surf the web. You'll find a lot about Clinton's problems in office. And before you pull the "You don't have an explanation, so you're just saying that," I'm actually spending time with my family right now, and this is the best answer I can give right now. Maybe Monday I will have time to give an explanation. ^.^

Kilik 64
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Have you looked at any policy besiddes military?

Ryuzo™
11-09-2008, 01:26 AM
His military policies ultimately caused our economical problems today. =/

Kilik 64
11-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Not the mass deregulation led by Bush and a certain other Republican candidate who recently lost the presidential election?