PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Employee Killed In Black Friday Stampede

blake
11-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Wal-Mart Employee Killed In Black Friday Stampede
Posted by Raymond Padilla - Friday, November 28, 2008 10:22 AM
A Wal-Mart employee was killed in a Black Friday stampede in Valley Stream, NY. The NY Daily News reports that hundreds of people were lined up outside of this Long Island Wal -Mart and were not patient enough to wait for the 5:00AM opening in a civilized manner. The victim was rushed to a hospital and pronounced dead at 6:03AM. The Daily News interviewed JimmyOverby, a co-worker of the victim:

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people. They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."
What the hell is wrong with people?!? It's just shopping. It doesn't matter how great a sale is -- big savings doesn't mean you should abandon courtesy and decency, behaving like a savage and ending a life. This is just such a terrible and senseless thing. Seriously...this is one of those moments that makes me think less of humanity. WTF?!?

[Update 10:31AM PST] A pregnant woman was also hospitalized as a result of the stampede. There are reports circulating that that the woman suffered a miscarriage, but the police are denying this.

"A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said. Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said."

i guess he should have just opened the doors early

Sevi
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
People are a bunch of retards, and the world would be much better without them.
=/

Nic
11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah i heard about that, pretty rad.

it was in a run-down 3rd class neigboorhood though.

Konnaha_yellow_flash
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
They went nuking futts over a 25 percent discount. Is the economy really that bad people would kill for a hannah montana long sleeve and guitar hero 2?

Teh Big One
11-28-2008, 11:26 PM
People suck.

zer0systm
11-29-2008, 07:45 AM
so what did they intend to do rip the door off its hinges and then que up before the whole fucking system was running? seriously WTF man!? i hope each and every person involved feels responsible for what happened

Nic
11-29-2008, 10:37 AM
when i first heard about it, the news said they "tore through the doors".

But then later it said it was a "angry black stampede" of illiterate people trying to get a snag on the sales.

emachina
11-30-2008, 11:05 PM
I was at a Wal Mart for Black Friday. Man, I can't begin to tell you what it was like. There were hundreds and hundreds of people inside. I go every year for my parents who want the door buster deals but don't want to be there at 4:30 in the morning. And I hate it. I was there for a 32 inch tv. They only had 20 of them. I got one. But, that's like asking for problems. Luckily there were none at the store I went to. But it could easily have not been the case. That Wal-Mart shouldn't have kept people outside. That's the problem. The Wal Mart I went to let everyone in, had security and police on site. No one was allowed to put anything into their carts before 5:00am. They made their way to their must have item, and I'd say 90% of the people went home happy.

Miburo
12-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Oh lord, lol.

And they do this shit every year, I think. I used to work at Walmart. I didn't even know what the fuck black friday was, all I knew was that I had to be at work mad early. Which raged me. I get there and there is this huge ass line of people wrapping around the store. So I go around to the side entrance, because seriously, fuck that.

I get in there and this one druggy chick that worked there for a couple of years just said to me "Watch this shit." So I'm sitting there right when they open the doors and HOLY FUCK! People are fucking running, knocking each other over, and everything. This one massive fat dude fucking cheesed it right to the toy section and started slamming matchbox cars into his cart. The druggy chick and I were just standing there loling. It was crazy. Fucking crazy.

Later in the day I saw two guys get in a fist fight over a TV. It was awesome. And after that this lady came up to me and just started screaming "WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE DOLLS!? TELL ME!!" and I go "Uh, toy section, probably, it's down there." And the bitch goes "I WAS JUST THERE AND I DIDN'T SEE THEM! WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY!?" And I'm all like "Yo, see this spiffy vest? Says 'Automotive.' How the fuck would I know? Quit yelling at me, god damn." And she told on me. Fucking bitch. Then I spent the rest of the day sitting in a massaging/vibrating car seat cover thinger that was on sale for the rest of the day, and I bought a TV for mad cheap. Overall, it was a pretty awesome day.

narutojm
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
i heard about that it was on the radio

balmung5000
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
damn i wish i could have been there
thats not too far from my house

black friday makes me lol