PDA

View Full Version : 9-Year-Old Writes Book on How to Talk to Girls

Sharingan Lord
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
"I wrote the book of love," Greven says.
He's only 9, but this pint-sized pickup artist already knows plenty about pleasing the ladies.

So much, in fact, that Alec Greven's dating primer, "How to Talk to Girls" - which began as a handwritten, $3 pamphlet sold at his school book fair - hit the shelves nationwide last week.

The fourth-grader from Castle Rock, Colo., advises Lothario wannabes to stop showing off, go easy on the compliments to avoid looking desperate - and be wary of "pretty girls."

"It is easy to spot pretty girls because they have big earrings, fancy dresses and all the jewelry," he writes in Chapter Three.

"Pretty girls are like cars that need a lot of oil."

He advises, "The best choice for most boys is a regular girl. Remember, some pretty girls are coldhearted when it comes to boys. Don't let them get to you."

Over a few Shirley Temples yesterday at Langan's on West 47 Street, Alec said that he culled his wisdom by peeking at his peers at play.

"I saw a lot of boys that had trouble talking to girls," Alec said.

As for his how-to, he concedes, "I never expected people to buy it like a regular book in a bookstore."

But with classic plain-spoken advice - like "comb your hair and don't wear sweats" - it's no surprise his 46-page book was a hit with boys and girls of all ages.

He believes the best way to approach a girl is to keep it to a simple "hi."

"If I say hi and you say hi back, we're probably off to a good start," he said.

As for his own love life, he said he is not dating anyone at the moment. "I'm a little too young," he confessed.

In his book, published by HarperCollins, he suggests holding off on falling in love until at least middle school.

Dating - which he defines as going out to dinner without your parents - is for "kind of old" people, who are 15 or 16.

Officials at the Soaring Hawk Elementary School said he wrote the book - which was the runaway bestseller at its book fair - for kids, but believe anyone can find inspiration in it.

Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.

"He reads nonstop. At dinner, I say, 'Put your book down,' " she said.

Alec - who just finished a children's book on the Watergate scandal - said he wants to be a full-time writer when he grows up, with a weekend job in archaeology or paleontology.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12022008/news/nationalnews/i_wrote_the_book_of_love_141817.htm

Teh Big One
12-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Lol wow.

I have nothing to say to that. I mean fucking WOW.

-SassyLady-
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
no crap 9 year-old most be one hell of a player-

Kina
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd tap that.

Disclaimer: The above statement does not reflect the ideas of Uchiha_Kina, she would like all of you to understand the thought of having intercourse with a nine-year-old is wrong and disgusts her. Thank you.

SirBenoit
12-03-2008, 05:10 PM
looks like im buying another book, should beable to pick up on chicks now

Sevi
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Lol

Future Hugh Hefner here. xD

Mashed Potato
12-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.
Insight my arse. "Brush your hair and don't wear sweats." Enlightening stuff.

As for his own love life, he said he is not dating anyone at the moment. "I'm a little too young," he confessed.
It's like a duckling teaching his peers about the joys of being a swan.
Most self-help books are lame, and to buy one by an author without any dealings with the topic he's writing about, makes you soar to some incomprehensible level of douchebaggery.

kluang
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi mashy!!!!

If you say hi we are on a good start

Kaine
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
damn now people take tips how to talk t women from a 9 year old....I blame enviromental polution...

Gamer
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I guess ima go say "hi" to my principle and we'll start dating W00T!!!

Thank You, you 9 yr old book-writing prodigy

LonelyNinja
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
A children's version of the Watergate scandal? There's no way he's doing this on his own. Still, I think the concept of a nine-year-old writing an advice book is amusing.

blake
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
first i dont think hes writing it on his own, if he is its kinda strange for a 9 year old. Dating advice? write about power rangers or something. and also no offense but i think his insight only goes so far seeing as hes only nine

Shikamaru
12-04-2008, 05:27 AM
lol 9 yr old nerd asked his dad for advice on a school project and got famous for it

oops

Scythe Master
12-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Hehe, you guys are a lot more accepting of this guy compared to the guys on the other forum (that I go to). Of course that's mainly due to one opinionated meatbag who doesn't think a 9 year old should, would or could do this.

Frankly, I say there are at least 100 other better topics he could've wrote about.

cursed_oblivion
12-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I bet the kid's gonna be quite the heartbreaker when he grows up.

The thought of a nine-year-old giving advice to grown-up losers is quite funny.

Avian
12-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Im not buying it!! No pun intended.

I mean how can he have extensive knowledge about dating without him experiencing it himself? He's good at gathering data from relatives or older people from the neighborhood. A 9 year old pimp is a good hook and thats all there is to it!!

Avian
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
FREAKIN' HELL!! Now its being adapted as a film!! >_<

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com-fox-adapt-9yearold39s-selfhelp-book-reuters

WTF!!!!

kluang
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah oh yeah a nine year old kid gonna be rich!!!

Last Leaf shinobi
02-14-2009, 02:23 PM
This "man" can i say that man is the truth. 9 years old and he's rewriting the game literally ... this kid has all my respect.

Tsuna
02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
....Rofl. Kid's cute. The dumbasses that buy a self-help book from a 9-year-old, hilarious.

Azumi
02-23-2009, 02:58 AM
"I wrote the book of love," Greven says.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12022008/news/nationalnews/i_wrote_the_book_of_love_141817.htm

lol i wonder what's inside it.. must be a joker or something. HAHAHA XD *is very very curious*

Hurricane Chronicles
02-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Realisticlly my cusin could have wrote that shit at age 6 he's been practiclly "Mr. Bitches" since we was like 3 lol. He used to get grown ass woman at church talking bout call me when you hit 18 lol.

AnbuKakashi
02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Realisticlly my cusin could have wrote that shit at age 6 he's been practiclly "Mr. Bitches" since we was like 3 lol. He used to get grown ass woman at church talking bout call me when you hit 18 lol.

Damn anywhere you post I cant be looking cuz your damn but awesome botty sugs. Im at work and people walk by my desk all the time LMAO

Hurricane Chronicles
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
LOL my bad