PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Man Builds Himself Robot Girlfriend

Kina
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
A Canadian man, apparently unable to find the perfect woman, has done the next best thing — he's built himself one.
Le Trung, a 33-year-old software engineer who lives with his parents in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, says he's spent about $20,000 so far on Aiko, a 5-foot-tall female android with clear skin, a slim if shapely figure and a wonderful disposition.
• Click here for more photos. (http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,5949,00.html)
"She can recognize faces, she can identify medication, she can even butter your toast," Le Trung tells the Toronto Globe and Mail.
Not only that, but Aiko speaks — in both English and, for some reason, Japanese. (Le Trung has a Vietnamese name.) She can also read.
"Aiko is what happens when science meets beauty," Le Trung tells the Sun of London. "Aiko doesn't need holidays, food or rest, and will work almost 24 hours a day. She is the perfect woman."
She still can't walk, however. That will take a lot more work and, Le Trung tells the Globe and Mail, a new round of funding. He hopes to create and sell more pretty female robots in the future.
Creepiness levels are high, but what a leap in robotics.

EDIT: Here is a more in depth article: http://projectaiko.com/technology.html

Mal
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
WTF? That dude is Canadian? Based on that amount of creepiness, I guessed he was in Asia...

Konnaha_yellow_flash
12-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Lol, hes going to get the electro-clap after his robo chick cheats on him with the toaster.

Sonlox
12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
WTF i thought i have seen everything but damn this dude is sad

Miburo
12-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Sad? Sad?!? That dude is the fucking man. It's heroic pioneers like this guy that will pave the way to awesome robotic chick maids and, eventually, my elite artificially enhanced cybernetic body. Which will have a cybernetic pen0r that vibrates at an ultra sexy frequency causing all chicks and robo chicks within a 200 mile radius to orgasm instantly, and super cybernetic strength and speed so that I can break thousands upon thousands of faces a day.

Instead of having the crappy flesh body that I have now which has a stupid non-robotic pen0r that only pleasures chicks to eardrum shattering orgasmic screams within it's 29 inch banging distance from my hips and the two mile visual distance surrounding it. And after a few hundred faces broken I start breaking a sweat with this shitacular meat sack of a body. Fucking lame.

God damn, I can't wait till I'm crushing your guy's space colonies with my gundam and giganormous cyber dong. Never seen so much lack of appreciating for fucking science.

Also, robo chicks don't say no. Fuck yeah!

balmung5000
12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
ALL HUMANS WILL PERISH
WHEN WE START THE ROBOT REVOLUTION
caps

Jaxon
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
When all your bones are ash, my iron children will inherit the whole horizon.

And they'll be fucking hot.

ThyMaiden
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
thats like that manga
absolute boyfriend
creepy

Freshgrease
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
We got this far through the thread without a Freshgrease joke? I'm impressed.

Mal
12-19-2008, 12:18 AM
thats like that manga
absolute boyfriend
creepyI've actually read some of that. Creepy indeed.

Ninja48
12-19-2008, 12:52 AM
I hope the LHC discovers spiral power or something. I want a virtual lifeform Nia waifu. And especially heaven piercing drill power.

LightDreamer
12-19-2008, 01:54 AM
I resent that he calls a perfect woman a thing that can recognize faces and butter toast.

Other than that, all you guys saying that this is freaky, this isn't the first I've heard of non-living spousal replacements. There's the blow up doll, and the popular synthetic rubber dolls that are popular in Japan. Coincidentally, I searched up something else *I can't remember what don't ask but it wasn't dirty*, and the first thing that came up on google was a site selling these dolls.

There's a man so obsessed with them, that he has like 100 in his apartment that he bathes and powders so they feel like real women.

But the fact that they're getting this close to human animated robots is a little scary. But I wouldn't mind building my own perfect man not for weird sexual purposes, just to look at LOL. xD