PDA

View Full Version : a boy named 'Adolf Hitler'

dEcCrIx
12-17-2008, 01:00 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

Deborah and son Adolf Hitler, 3, pose in Easton, Pa.,, Tuesday, Dec. … EASTON, Pa. – The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.
"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.
"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."
Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.
Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.
"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."
The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.
"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.
The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.
Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.
Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.
He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.
"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

sucks to be that child... idiot parents are idiots lol

kluang
12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
And the 56th president is Adolf Hitler!!!!!

uchiha-anwar
12-17-2008, 11:32 AM
A.hitler ftw

Master2005
12-17-2008, 12:24 PM
not even worth talking about it, stupid americans.

balmung5000
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
they are so fucking ugly
and stupid
love the quote about black people
lulz

narutoiscool
12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
sucks to have that name

Jaxon
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

"Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly".

Mashed Potato
12-17-2008, 03:20 PM
"How can I ensure a childhood of constant bullying and hatred towards my newborn baby?

Hmm I know!"

uchiha-anwar
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/DrPhilGoode/AdolfHitler.png

Mal
12-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Anyone else ever notice how hard that "uchiha-anwar" fellow tries to be funny by taking images, made by someone who actually possesses a sense of humour, and posting them in loosely (if at all) related threads?

That wife had better keep a close eye on her husband if A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash has taught me anything.

Joaquin8911
12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
A name is a name, that's true but people are people and they will always hate that name and anyone with it.

I don't think it's wrong but that's just my opinion.

Uchiha_Madara
12-17-2008, 04:52 PM
lmao Jocelyn Aryan Nation Campbell lmao fucking tards

ShinobiKnight
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
As much of a dick Hitler is, I think the people who are so outraged by this should shut the fuck up. It's just a name, it's not like the parents are going "Sieg heil! Death to Jews! ...One cake, please." Who the fuck are you to decide what some other couple's kid should or shouldn't be named? Besides, he says he's not racist.

If anything, people should be sympathetic toward the kid. I have never seen a name that more kids would give someone hell for. And it's not his fault at all.

balmung5000
12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
As much of a dick Hitler is, I think the people who are so outraged by this should shut the fuck up. It's just a name, it's not like the parents are going "Sieg heil! Death to Jews! ...One cake, please." Who the fuck are you to decide what some other couple's kid should or shouldn't be named? Besides, he says he's not racist.

If anything, people should be sympathetic toward the kid. I have never seen a name that more kids would give someone hell for. And it's not his fault at all.

this post makes me think
your name is something like
isuck dix

Jaxon
12-17-2008, 05:55 PM
As much of a dick Hitler is, I think the people who are so outraged by this should shut the fuck up. It's just a name...

No, it isn't just a name. Calling your kid Adolf Hitler is like calling your kid "Evil Bastard". Everyone knows what the name means, everyone knows the connotations it holds, and all the connotations it holds are negative. It is no-longer "just a name". The man is considered the single most evil man of the 20th Century by just about everyone, and if not the most evil, definitely one of the greatest practitioners of genocide in living memory. If you dismiss Adolf Hitler as "just a name", I don't think you quite grasp what that name means for a lot of people, and a lot of people who've suffered because of the things he did.

ShinobiKnight
12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
No, it isn't just a name. Calling your kid Adolf Hitler is like calling your kid "Evil Bastard". Everyone knows what the name means, everyone knows the connotations it holds, and all the connotations it holds are negative. It is no-longer "just a name". The man is considered the single most evil man of the 20th Century by just about everyone, and if not the most evil, definitely one of the greatest practitioners of genocide in living memory. If you dismiss Adolf Hitler as "just a name", I don't think you quite grasp what that name means for a lot of people, and a lot of people who've suffered because of the things he did.

You have a good point. Still, I don't think anyone's name should connote evil if they didn't make it up for themselves. There's nothing wrong with the name Adolf Hitler. If we're talking about German Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, then I agree, pure evil. But 3-year-old American Adolf Hitler hasn't done anything. He should be treated according to his character, not his name. Besides, doesn't the government have the power to ban certain names? If the government thinks it's okay, I don't see any reason why ShopRite shouldn't.

Jaxon
12-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Because if ShopRite didn't stop this, it wouldn't reach the media in any way, and this kind of stupid, ignorant practice would just go on without challenge. Sometime you gotta take morality in your own hands, not just leave it to the law. Didn't TV teach you anything?

If they're doing this for the lulz, though, it's pretty epic. For God's sake, the other kid is called "Aryan Nation". I doubt they are, though. They seem too thick .

RNB
12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Because if ShopRite didn't stop this, it wouldn't reach the media in any way, and this kind of stupid, ignorant practice would just go on without challenge. Sometime you gotta take morality in your own hands, not just leave it to the law. Didn't TV teach you anything?

If they're doing this for the lulz, though, it's pretty epic. For God's sake, the other kid is called "Aryan Nation". I doubt they are, though. They seem too thick .
If anyone here thinks the name "Adolf Hitler" is offensive then I cannot even explain in words how much of a dipshit you are. If you cry when you see the name Adolf Hitler, then it is your problem not his or the parents. Naming a kid is not in any way forcing anyone to do anything so it can't be morally wrong. You aren't taking anyone else's right to life.

Jaxon
12-17-2008, 07:32 PM
If anyone here thinks the name "Adolf Hitler" is offensive then I cannot even explain in words how much of a dipshit you are. If you cry when you see the name Adolf Hitler, then it is your problem not his or the parents. Naming a kid is not in any way forcing anyone to do anything so it can't be morally wrong. You aren't taking anyone else's right to life.

It's not about such superficial responses. It's about the principle of naming your child after an international hate figure, a noun that embodies such strong imagery and association that everyone knows what the man stood for. Godwin's law, for a lulzy example. If you start letting people being able to casually name their children after Hitler, especially when they're in a country where the name isn't usual, then you really start to trivialise a vital part of the 20th century.

RNB
12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
It's not about such superficial responses. It's about the principle of naming your child after an international hate figure, a noun that embodies such strong imagery and association that everyone knows what the man stood for. Godwin's law, for a lulzy example. If you start letting people being able to casually name their children after Hitler, especially when they're in a country where the name isn't usual, then you really start to trivialise a vital part of the 20th century.
What are you basing your morality on because I still don't see how I am violating anyone when I am naming my kid Adolf Hitler. What right of someone's am I breaking?

uchiha-anwar
12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
As always..people seem to think that burning jews was hitler's only purpose/achievement while forgetting that he is a real man who wrote down his life plans/dreams and achieved them all until he gone mad and lost..

If someone was in the prison and while he was there he decided to work hard for 14 years until he becomes the leader of the country and actually did it...then that man is worthy of been respected not for his crimes..but for achieving his goals despite there hardness without giving up.

for him we shall salute...or better say (sieg heil).

Jaxon
12-17-2008, 07:43 PM
It's not about rights. You have every right to call your kid Adolf Hitler. You don't, however, have the right to get your kid's name iced on a cake at ShopRite. So, the people at ShopRite have every right to not do it on the grounds of causing offence, because it's not affecting you or your child's "right to life", as you put it. So, you getting indignant and calling them "dipshits" isn't really justified.

uchiha-anwar
12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Are we talking about what is offensive to people or for the child?

Cuz if it was for the people then fuck them i'll name my child whatever i like..its none of there bisbis.

If it were for the child then he can change his name when he grows up..also people must realize that adolf and hitler are ppl names and ppl do use them separately all the time..so its not fair to say its not fair to use them together cuz they refer to a criminal or have a racist symbol.

LonelyNinja
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
"Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly".
Heh heh heh.
As always..people seem to think that burning jews was hitler's only purpose/achievement while forgetting that he is a real man who wrote down his life plans/dreams and achieved them all until he gone mad and lost..

If someone was in the prison and while he was there he decided to work hard for 14 years until he becomes the leader of the country and actually did it...then that man is worthy of been respected not for his crimes..but for achieving his goals despite there hardness without giving up.

for him we shall salute...or better say (sieg heil).
God, I hate you.

Are you fucking delusional? Hitler's "Final Solution" was as integral part of his plan as brainwashing the German people. The bastard was insane from the start, really, so it's not like he got power drunk and started genociding anything that pissed him off. He wrote down his dreams in a booklet that become the guidebook for every single fucking Nazi and in that booklet it said, "Kill the Jews." What the fuck do you mean "we should respect that?"

A crime is something you should take into consideration when deciding whether to respect someone. Let's weigh the pros and cons of Hitler's regime:
-Pro: Germany out of the shitter.
-Con: Direct violation of the Treaty of Versailles (yes, I believe the treaty was unfair, but it was an official policy, and it should have been enforced).
-Pro: ...
-Con: World War II (I know that Hitler and Nazi Germany aren't the only people who started this shit, but come on, Hitler's the one who fucking empowered the Axis)
-Pro: Uh...
-Con: Genocide of Jews and other non-Aryans.
I won't even use sarcasm because a) you can't spell it correctly and b) you don't fucking understand it.

Fuck you, I refuse to salute Hitler in any way, shape, or form.

-----

I feel sorry for the kid, but the whole swastika on the cake is a bit too far.

Miburo
12-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey, I live kinda near easton.

I lol'd at those kid names. Prime example of parents that shouldn't have been allowed to breed. Unless it was for the lulz. Then that is pretty damn awesome.

sheik
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I honestly feel that the family did it to try and be unique. I think its sad really...

Sevi
12-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I don't think anyone here is stupid enough (well maybe, >.>) to be offended or to discriminate a child who's parents are obviously retarded.

At least, I don't anyone here would.

lapiza
12-18-2008, 07:55 AM
not sure about the states but in new zealand if a child has an inappropiate name or the child is embarrased by the name they can go to court an have if the court agrees the child can choose a new name on their own. seriously naming ur child adolf hitler may not b illegal but u can think of the crap the kid is goin 2 hav 2 go through in school

uchiha-anwar
12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Heh heh heh.

God, I hate you.

Are you fucking delusional? Hitler's "Final Solution" was as integral part of his plan as brainwashing the German people. The bastard was insane from the start, really, so it's not like he got power drunk and started genociding anything that pissed him off. He wrote down his dreams in a booklet that become the guidebook for every single fucking Nazi and in that booklet it said, "Kill the Jews." What the fuck do you mean "we should respect that?"

A crime is something you should take into consideration when deciding whether to respect someone. Let's weigh the pros and cons of Hitler's regime:
-Pro: Germany out of the shitter.
-Con: Direct violation of the Treaty of Versailles (yes, I believe the treaty was unfair, but it was an official policy, and it should have been enforced).
-Pro: ...
-Con: World War II (I know that Hitler and Nazi Germany aren't the only people who started this shit, but come on, Hitler's the one who fucking empowered the Axis)
-Pro: Uh...
-Con: Genocide of Jews and other non-Aryans.
I won't even use sarcasm because a) you can't spell it correctly and b) you don't fucking understand it.

Fuck you, I refuse to salute Hitler in any way, shape, or form.

-----

I feel sorry for the kid, but the whole swastika on the cake is a bit too far.

Then you didn't understand any shit from what i said..

I didn't said that he should be respected for being a criminal nor for how much good or bad his achievement ...i said he should be respected as a real special man..cuz he reached the imposible..he was in the lowest layer of society and jumped to the highest one using only his plans and hard work..after that he was able to take over all of europe and like half of asia on his own..we thank god that he went mad at last and failed otherwise we will be singing the german anthem infront of the nazi flag.

In brief..he was a bad guy and he got what he deserve..but if he was a man that made a twist in the world and made it something else than it was before him (take USA as an example) thats why he entered the history cuz he was considered a genius..criminal..but a genius..and i admire men like him.

LonelyNinja
12-18-2008, 08:07 PM

I didn't said that he should be respected for being a criminal nor for how much good or bad his achievement ...i said he should be respected as a real special man..cuz he reached the imposible..he was in the lowest layer of society and jumped to the highest one using only his plans and hard work..after that he was able to take over all of europe and like half of asia on his own..we thank god that he went mad at last and failed otherwise we will be singing the german anthem infront of the nazi flag.

In brief..he was a bad guy and he got what he deserve..but if he was a man that made a twist in the world and made it something else than it was before him (take USA as an example) thats why he entered the history cuz he was considered a genius..criminal..but a genius..and i admire men like him.
For fuck's sake, there are better rags-to-riches stories than Hitler. Like Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie was a business shark, yes, but at least he didn't bring about the fucking genocide of a specific group because he thought they were dirty scum. And there's more to Hitler's takeover than simple elbow grease and hard work. No, the German people were fucking tired of their inadequate government and they were fucking tired of being the world's bitch. Hitler just happened to pull his shit off at the right time. He said, "Fuck you!" to the government and said, "Fuck the Jews!" to an angry people who needed something to bitch at. It wasn't, "Hey, guys, listen: we're in the shitter, I know, but we can get back on top if we just try!" It was, "Alright. Here's the plan: bring back Germany's glory by slaughtering EVERYONE who pisses us off! And we won't stop with Jews! No, we'll kill gypsies, we'll kill Catholics, we'll kill homosexuals, we'll kill every non-Aryan son-of-a-bitch who gets in our way! Blitzkrieg those faggots in the League of Nations! TAKE THEM DOWN!" That's hardly what I call a man to admire. He took the whole rags-to-riches and bastardized it.

Hitler didn't have the best intentions from the start. Mein Kampf was all about Third Reich and killing Jews and Übermensch. He was a raving lunatic who was a genius, yes. But there are other geniuses to admire, like Newton or Alfred Hitchcock or Einstein. Hitler entered history because his plans, his Final Solution, was so diabolical and extreme and hateful that to ignore it would be the most absolute shit-in-the-face to all of the people affected by him and his Nazi cohorts.

I understand you admire that rat bastard because of the simplistic "hurr hurr, he was in jail but became Führer, sieg heil!" but there is just so much more to that man.

ShinobiKnight
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM

When I think of Hitler as a man, completely ignoring the genocide of millions for no good reason, and look only at his accomplishments, I don't see where he got; I see where it left him. If I recall correctly, he got his ass whipped by the Allies so bad that he resorted to suicide because he knew they'd fuck him up even more if he didn't.
I have zero respect for anyone who commits suicide. It's the pussy's way out, the least honorable death one can possibly die. The only thing he accomplished was giving the Germans what they wanted to hear just when they wanted to hear it most. He had great plans, yes, but they all fell to nought.
By your logic, if Bush (or Obama in a while, or any president) declared nuclear war on the entire continent of Europe and wiped it out in one go, he'd be worthy of respect just for doing that.

Also, for the record, I never contested the fact that ShopRite had the right to refuse the guy service. I just disagree with that decision.

Miburo
12-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Wut? The least honorable death one can receive is being juggled to death by an umbrella. I thought everyone knew that.

Kaine
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
first of all Hitler was a loonatic from the beggining.He got that much power via elections but hsi coo helpers did most of it.All Hitler could do right was to talk to people.He had charisma.But don't forget germany was a pretty much destroyed financialy country after the first world war so hitler found a way to pursuade people that he cpuld make germany great again.But again he would end up as an insignificant human being if he wasn't promoted by others.
On topic parents are plain stupid.SK imagine if you were called Hitler...It isn't about the offensive part of the deal it is how little they tought of their child.The mother said herself:"I think it is a nice name and a unique one.Onebody has that."
Arlond Swatzeneger is also unique but they choose Hitler instead....That tells me something about their political beliefs....

Azumi
02-14-2009, 04:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake

sucks to be that child... idiot parents are idiots lol

what if your parents named you like that?

i had a friend and her name is Mazda. Her siblings are Mitsubishi and Toyota. She's not being offended just because her name is weird.

that store is kind of a racist. this news reminds me of Harry Potter. wizards are afraid to say Voldemort's name for the fear of him returning to life if one says it loud. that adolf hitler kid is a clear victim of racism. poor kid.

seanizzzle
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Man i feel sorry for that kid..he's not gunna have alot of freinds at school n he's gunna get his ass shyt bulllied all the time.

imagine in history class "and now we will discuss one of the worst ppl to grace the face of the earth. a bastard that almost extinguished a race"..evrybody turns around n looks at the kid..

i mean clearly it's not the kids fault buh parents r fukn dumasses..shyt..if my parents eva gave me a name like that i wud disown them as family...this is one of the reasons why i think some ppl abuse the right of them to name their kids wateva they want