PDA

View Full Version : Woman (age 29 with 10 kids)

Nexus
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/flintopinion_impact/2008/12/large_latricapix.jpg
- Direct Link (http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/11/flint_mother_latrica_ryan_of_1.html)

FLINT, Michigan -- With 10 kids and no vehicle, Latrica Ryan is used to juggling.

Going to a movie or out for dinner is a like plotting a major tactical undertaking. Not that such outings happen that much.

"It would really be nice if I could take my kids where they needed to go, instead of having to find them a ride," Ryan said. "And when we do go somewhere, I have to pay four or five people (for gas) to get us all there.

"I have booster seats and car seats. It's a lot."

Ryan, is a 29-year-old single stay-at-home mother of five sons and five daughters, who range in age from 2 months to 13 years.

Transportation isn't the only issue Ryan has to deal with.

The Flint woman said she sometimes needs help providing her children with clothes and food.

"As they get older, it's becoming harder and more expensive to buy them clothes," Ryan said. "I try to keep the older kids looking nice because I don't want them to be teased at school.

"And they don't starve," she said. "But there are times when I start running low on food and I have to call for help."

Ryan may not be able to take her kids on a fancy vacation, but with the help of organizations such as FACED Corporation, she is able to ensure that her kids' basic needs are met.

The Flint-based agency has helped Ryan clothe and feed her children, as well as pay utility bills.

"It started off with diapers and bus passes." Ryan said of her first encounter with FACED 10 years ago. "Now, Retinea (Dye, a maternal and infant health advocate at FACED) will give me a ride to doctors' appointments for my kids. She'll take me to their schools. She's always there when I need her."

FACED is a faith-based community outreach agency that focuses on assisting the low-income. Dye said the agency helps educate mothers on parenting and provides them with things such as maternity clothes, baby clothes, other baby items, counseling and support groups.

Dye said the agency has even helped pay security deposits for housing.

Tough times have brought more people into the agency in search of help.

"We're getting more calls for assistance with utility bills because the price of gas had gone up," Dye said. "We can only (help) so many people, so we're referring them to other agencies."

Dye said FACED has reached its limit of aiding 50 families. The agency is in need of donations to continue assisting families.

"In between (Women, Infant and Children) appointments, moms run out of formula, and they turn to us," Dye said. "Sometimes we have what they need and if we don't, we have to refer them to other agencies."

Even without a car, Ryan manages to stay involved in her children's school life, volunteering and meeting with teachers to check on their progress.

Most of Ryan's 10 children are in school and six are on the honor roll, she said.

"They're good kids," she said.
First it's lowered job opportunities, Kwame Kilpatrick, and now this. The lady has the expression of a woman with no shame in her game. Well, at least when she's in her 40s, most of the kids will be able to take care of themselves. Why Michigan? :(

balmung5000
12-31-2008, 10:59 AM
-insert racist comment-

Sevi
12-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Condoms: Use them wisely.

Also, Lulz
This really isn't such a big deal. There's thousands of families with 10+ kids.
=/

Ken
01-03-2009, 06:39 AM
29-year-old black lady with 10 kids. What teh?!..
Well, this looks to be very funny and hilarious at the same time.
Heyy.. wait a min.. I see 9 in the pic, not 10. XD

Nexus
01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
29-year-old black lady with 10 kids. What teh?!..
Well, this looks to be very funny and hilarious at the same time.
Heyy.. wait a min.. I see 9 in the pic, not 10. XD

There's one in her stomach lol.

narutojm
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
she must of have sex more than 10 times.UNPROTECTED!!!

Miburo
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
^You eat a lot of playdough, don't you?

And it isn't so much about her having a fuckload of kids. It's the fact that she keeps having a fuckload of kids without having any means to support them, draining aid funds from people who aren't complete dumbfucks that could use it.

Also, she looks like a dude.

f1n
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
well you guys are a little crude... I blame Cinnabon. And their tasty glazed cinnamon rolls. And yes, I too may have eaten too much play-dough...

But seriously, with what goes on now days you can't be surprised by this result.

Vanity
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Two words: Birth control.

Also, her significant other[s] should start buying flavored condoms. Mmm... cherry.

well you guys are a little crude...

Your point?

Pride
01-05-2009, 10:10 PM
"birth control" says the woman who wouldn't take it because it would make her 'fat'

Vanity
01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I also don't hump anyone like a rabbit during mating season O_0 [if* they have one <_<]

narutojm
01-06-2009, 07:45 AM
^You eat a lot of playdough, don't you?

And it isn't so much about her having a fuckload of kids. It's the fact that she keeps having a fuckload of kids without having any means to support them, draining aid funds from people who aren't complete dumbfucks that could use it.

Also, she looks like a dude.

what does playdough have todo with us

kluang
01-06-2009, 10:08 AM
There was a reason condoms was invented

Shikamaru
01-07-2009, 04:54 AM
yes, lets prove all the terrible black stereotypes right with one news post shall we?

zer0systm
01-07-2009, 07:48 AM
are they all to the same father....

it just gets me why people put themselves in these situations, surely it must of gotten to like 4 kids and she goes oh shit this is gettin hard to manage, 4 kids as a single mother, fuck it i'll only have 6 more.....and NOOOOOOWWWWW she goes, hrm maybe 6 more wasn't a good idea....i cant feed / dress / transport all my kids.....

Shikamaru
01-08-2009, 09:53 AM
are they all to the same father....

I highly doubt it, unless her logic was "maybe if i let him impregnate me enough he'll support me"

RasenganFox
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Ew. It'll be like throwing a hot dog down the Grand Canyon with her now. Seriously, this is exactly the reason why condoms were created.

ClydeOne
01-11-2009, 02:05 PM
29 with 10 kids? WTF? What the hell was she thinking. She must be a very tired woman right now. So, all these kids are biologically hers, huh? If so, she must have had them one after the other and that's not good.