Gamr1469
01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
well he is finally in the office!!!
now that the idiot bush is out we can finally
1) fix this damn economy
2) get out of a war we shouldnt be in
3) get out of debt

...damn bush messed up this country...

did u kno that Clinton gave us a 2 trillion dollar surplus???

where the F*** did all that money go???

bush lost the US govt 6 trillion dollars!!!

i think the man has an IQ lower than the size of the shoe that was thrown at him

Vanity
01-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Sorry... but you can't blame our crumbling economy on one human being..that's not even fucking possible. =/

It's a bit of everyone's fault. Americans have spent money that they do not have, and taken money they cannot pay back, and buy things that they do not NEED. Credit cards are handed out to just about anyone, and the welfare system is in painful need of fixing.

I like Obama's plan for the economy, but why don't you WAIT and see if any of it actually WORKS. Theories are pretty and hope is dandy, but you have to sit it out; It's not going to be all fixed by next week.

Gamr1469
01-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry... but you can't blame our crumbling economy on one human being..that's not even fucking possible. =/

It's a bit of everyone's fault. Americans have spent money that they do not have, and taken money they cannot pay back, and buy things that they do not NEED. Credit cards are handed out to just about anyone, and the welfare system is in painful need of fixing.

I like Obama's plan for the economy, but why don't you WAIT and see if any of it actually WORKS. Theories are pretty and hope is dandy, but you have to sit it out; It's not going to be all fixed by next week.

noooo i never blamed bush for the economy...im saying he didnt do much to help it out...and as i c it i think his plan will start working by the end of the year...not next week

narutojm
01-21-2009, 07:30 AM
noooo i never blamed bush for the economy...im saying he didnt do much to help it out...and as i c it i think his plan will start working by the end of the year...not next week

bush was a bad president thats true but bush tried to help us just not much

zer0systm
01-21-2009, 07:58 AM
im just glad the put this guy in office already, im sick of it wasting space in the paper everyday, i live on the other side of the world no offence but im not really interested in the US government, i'd rather know whats happening with my own country's politics

EDIT: so this guy is in office now and your hoping he is going to fix the economy? well if he's going to do that he should probably start with cutting out the number of multimillion dollar parties he has....i heard this inaugural cost a fair few mill, waste of time effort and money if you ask me...

blake
01-21-2009, 08:58 AM
but thats how we do things in america. big and extravagent, sometimes unnecesary

kazu_chan
01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Okay so I'm not American but I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. Wait till Obama does the things he promises and then we can all take a sigh of relief. You never know how things will turn out with the government..i'm cynical (sue me). I mean just look at Malaysia, the government there is pretty much rasist towards all chinese-malays (sorry hope i'm not offending any malaysians but its the truth), South Africa is about to put a rapist into the presedential seat...things usually don't turn out the way people imagine it will. Just because Bush is a superiorly idiotic president...it doesn't mean we can all relax and enjoy now that someone else has taken the throne.

uchiha-anwar
01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
He dosen't have a magic wand ppl..so don't get your hopes high.

itachi143
01-21-2009, 04:10 PM
dnt fucking blame bush, bush was a great president, he had to handle the terrorist shit, and who the fuck said obama was gonna do shit, its problably gonna get worse.

RNB
01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
The economic crisis is due to the stupidity of the American people as far as economics go. Minimum wage being an obvious example.

Obama is horrible, but he is better than McCain so I don't complain too much.

Azumi
02-14-2009, 04:02 AM
i just hope he can initiate that "change" well. the rest of the world (or a part of it) depends much on the American economy. like here in asia, if the US economy falls down, asian economies will fall down as well.

ShinobiKnight
02-14-2009, 10:36 AM

This. This is absolutely correct.

I'm not going to say whether Obama is a good or bad president because I don't know yet. I can't make any assumptions based on the fact that he won the election due to the rampant stupidity of American society. Obama tosses out the word "change" and suddenly fucking everyone is on board with him. :/ Wait and see, I say.

Ninja48
02-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Bush did sign the bill that deregulated the housing market. Or something like that. Blame can be placed on Bush, but not 100% of it.

And Obama is doing a pretty damn good job so far. From day one he was setting out to do things. Within four days or so, he closed Guantanamo Bay, passed a law that made it illegal for lobbyists to make deals with congressmen over laws and shit, and he bombed some random taliban militants in Pakistan. Now he's actively, almost agressively, pushing for a stimulus bill that can create as many jobs as possible. I'd say he's standing behind his word of change.

Tsuna
02-14-2009, 11:01 AM
The economic crisis is due to the stupidity of the American people as far as economics go. Minimum wage being an obvious example.
Agreed with stupidity, but please explain to me why minimum wage is a bad thing? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm serious.

But keep it short, if you will. I'm not looking to read a five-page essay.

Ninja48
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
It lies in his libertarian beleifs. It will be a five page essay.

And the people are stupid, but when the government lets corporations give out loans to people who can't afford them just because it makes quick cash, the government is stupid as well. Red will argue this, but whateva. WHUTEVA

Tsuna
02-14-2009, 11:53 AM
It lies in his libertarian beleifs. It will be a five page essay.
God damn it.

Then someone else explain it.

Last Leaf shinobi
02-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I really want to dude to succeed. Unlike the last guy we had in there he seems to be focused 100% on being a man of the people/ a civil servant... but he is up agains alot. I mean i know our economy is in the shitter but i don't agree with all the stuff they stacking in the stimulus bill. I'm still mad at the first 350 billion they dolled out there just to have all those executives paying out thier "well earned bonuses and company spas" only to ask for more money and hope not to become accountable for what they ask for. Man that shit pisses me off cuz the ppl that always feel it the most is we the working class. SHit sucks.

I give him credit though he is trying... as much i can't say for our last president.

Jaxon
02-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I love how 48 said Obama bombed some "random militants".

I'd love to see him ordering that.

Ninja48
02-14-2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/23/AR2009012304189.html

News within news thread? I think so.