PDA

View Full Version : Theory on the 4th; Episode 73 reference

[Daisuke]
11-30-2004, 09:46 AM
I've been rewatchign the series from the start, because I showed a couple to a mate at uni and he's hooked :D

Yesterday we got to episode 73. This is the episode where Sandaime is using the 4th's technique to try and seal Orochimaru's soul. When he uses the sealing technique on the 1st and 2nd, the seal that appears on his stomach is the same as the one Naruto has.

Now, so far, the only explanation I have come up with for this, is that when the 4th used the Jutsu, he added somethign in which the 3rd didn't want to do, as there was no need if he was planning on killing Orochimaru. But could the 4th have used somethign to remake his body into Naruto's as a baby, and keep the chakra sealed within?

Or is the 4th Naruto's father?

Both of these would explain why they look so similar... Your thoughts?

Kalvernek
11-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I´ve already thinked about that, but i don´t know why it isn´t explained nothing about

Riyu
11-30-2004, 11:13 AM
That's a good question. I don't exactly know, but I've been wondering for sometime now. I think the 4th preformed another technique will using the death god or Kyuubi was so powerful that Kyuubi couldn't be killed, so instead he was sealed in a living body. I would like to know how exactly Naruto go the seal though.

Angelus
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
If the fourth was naruto's father then that would make sense since they look so similar

[Daisuke]
11-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmmm... maybe we'll find out towards the end of the Kakashi gaiden, as its about when the fourth was still alive, maybe that's what it's leading up to, but just giving some background info on Kakashi aswell?

Aruko
11-30-2004, 03:00 PM
is kakashi gaiden only on manga so far?

SylentChaos
11-30-2004, 04:07 PM
^ yeah, it is.

But we will see until this arc ends...

minimiki
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
ive been thinking about that for awhile and it got me confused a little..

spiral_vortex
11-30-2004, 07:29 PM
you guys are kinda of topic......well thanks for telling me that the seal on naruto was the same as the seal on the first and seconds i thought that jiraya put that seal on him to unseal oros

[Daisuke]
11-30-2004, 08:34 PM
no, the seal on the kyuubi's chakra is the same as the one on the shadow clones of the third when he seals the souls of the first and second into the clones.

spiral_vortex
11-30-2004, 08:39 PM
o ok thanks for that information dai

SonicAdvDX
11-30-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm a little confused about Naruto's Kyuubi seal... Didn't Jiraya un-seal part of it? It seems like the kyuubi hasn't been seen much after that, after the Chuunin Exams.

Roy Mustang
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
u will see loads of it in the anime in like 20 more epis
and i used to think kyuubi turned into naruto
and could it be that the 4th had a son which was naruto and sealed the kyuubi in him??

SonicAdvDX
12-01-2004, 04:21 AM
and could it be that the 4th had a son which was naruto and sealed the kyuubi in him??
You really should come see my Kyuubi fan club. We've been talking about that theory.

Riyu
12-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Why was Naruto chosen to contain Kyuubi?

Kyuubipandorachan
12-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Actually, I have a thought about Naruto being Yondaime's incarnation or something or maybe he 'babyfied' himself in order to not to die like Sandaime. It's nearly like what you said [Daisuke]

Anto
12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
he was not chosen to be the kyuubi Riyu... the Kyuubi was sealed inside Naruto when he was a baby... it says so in episode one :)

[Daisuke]
12-01-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm a little confused about Naruto's Kyuubi seal... Didn't Jiraya un-seal part of it? It seems like the kyuubi hasn't been seen much after that, after the Chuunin Exams.

Orochimaru put on a 5 elemt seal over the seal for the kyuubi, this stopped Naruto from using his chakra properly, thats what Jiraiya unsealed.

Hooded_Ninja
12-02-2004, 07:14 AM
I don't think that the 4th is Naruto's father. Wouldn't they have mentioned it by now? If not, what would be the reason?

Riyu
12-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Anto, i meant why did the fourth chose him to contain kyuubi and not someone else, why did he chose a baby instead of some jounin or something like that

nma
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Actually, I have a thought about Naruto being Yondaime's incarnation or something or maybe he 'babyfied' himself in order to not to die like Sandaime. It's nearly like what you said [Daisuke]

I also think that Naruto is the reincarnation of the Yondaime but i think that he was an accident. The Yondaime probably thought that he was going to die after sealing the Kyuubi inside of him. But since demons are immortal Kyuuubi probably forced the Yondaimes soul to stay and instead of dieing he was reborn into Naruto.

hotohori
12-09-2004, 06:55 AM
I don't think that the 4th is Naruto's father. Wouldn't they have mentioned it by now? If not, what would be the reason?

Yeah I agree with this. What would be the purpose of not telling Naruto that he is the Fourth's son? I mean, I can understand why they did not tell him he had the Kyuubi inside of him but hiding the identity of his father (if the 4th is indeed his father)? :confused:

Anto, i meant why did the fourth chose him to contain kyuubi and not someone else, why did he chose a baby instead of some jounin or something like that

Good question. Even if the 4th was Naruto's father, it also wouldnt make sense to place a demon inside your child (unless the 4th was that self-sacrificing). But dang, they sure do look alike!

Kyuubipandorachan
12-09-2004, 09:33 AM
If Naruto is the son of Yondaime, wouldn't it be cruel to put a demon inside of your son. As wicked as Gaara's father. The kazekage is totally sick. If Yondaime really sacrifice his son, I will never look at him the same way again. But why Naruto should be the one with the demon? Don't say they just pick up a random child and sealed the kyuubi in him.

Riyu
12-15-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't think they just picked a random child and put kyuubi inside, if they did, man, they have problems

kakashi_44
12-22-2004, 07:09 AM
well maybe they needed the most recently born baby and that just happened to be naruto and he probaly was the fourth son or had a relation of some sort anyway we will find out eventually i dont think they would leave us hanging. There will probaly be a manga that will come out showing the fight between kyuubi and Konoha and everything will be made clear

H_I
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
When Jiraya was training Naruto Didnt he Mention He wanted to know if The 4th gave him that power to protect him when facing death. In turn then Jiraya pushed him off the cliff so he could face a life or death situation, In order to summon Kyubbi's Chakra on his Own.And if the 4th did do it to protect him Why Naruto? why not any other Child In Konoha. I think the 4th Probaly is his dad. And i think he kept it from him so no one would expect great things out of him beacuse he was his son. And in turn gave him the power of Kyubbi To become great on his own And protect the Village Of Konoha.Just My theory

kazu_chan
12-22-2004, 10:02 AM
i really dont think there r any re-borns in naruto....and i do think the 4th is naruto's father they hav not mentioned anythin abt naruto's father at all....soo hooded_ninja u cant really say......cause they hav not mentioned the 4th bein naruto's father....that does not mean anythin....they dont mention him at all soo the 4th could be naruto's father..!!

H_I
12-23-2004, 10:13 AM
If anyone remebers ep 73 when the 3rd uses the sealing technique on the first 2 hokage's. He started to reminise about some things.And when he was doing that you saw the picture of The 3rd with his students, Orochimaru with his students Jiraya with his students and the fourth with his. But it also showed a picture of the 4th Holding naruto while he was a baby, Without the seal. I think that was a subliminal message letting us know that he is his Dad. But again who Knows?

nma
12-23-2004, 11:46 AM
If anyone remebers ep 73 when the 3rd uses the sealing technique on the first 2 hokage's. He started to reminise about some things.And when he was doing that you saw the picture of The 3rd with his students, Orochimaru with his students Jiraya with his students and the fourth with his. But it also showed a picture of the 4th Holding naruto while he was a baby, Without the seal. I think that was a subliminal message letting us know that he is his Dad. But again who Knows?
That was episode 72, and I thought that was the Third holding Naruto not the Fourth, cuz of the robes. The Fourth wore that jacket i think.

heartthrob_god
12-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I've finished the manga on Kakashi's gaiden and there are no explanations on naruto's ancestry......... I guess the mystery would remain unsolved

madey2k
12-29-2004, 01:07 AM
hope that war between konoha and kyuubi will be revealed soon, but i think not so soon enough coz before kakashi gaiden's manga came out, naruto said that he promised to bring back sasuke to konoha......

masterq
12-29-2004, 02:28 AM
they picked naruto cuz he was born recently and there would be no ways that the 4th could be the reincarnation since the 4th had to seal the demon in someone that is already alive since he cannot die and be reincarnated then seal the kyuubi. and there would be no chance that the 4th turned into a baby by the kyuubi since his soul was almost raised from the coffin by oro when he was fighting with the 3rd. Naruto would not be able to be the 4ths child other wise he'd be 20 something and kakashi is like almost 30 because the forth doesn't live very long after the kakshi gaiden maybe like 2 or 3 more years until the kyuubi attacks the village.

masterq
12-29-2004, 02:33 AM
and if naruto was the 4ths son he'd know by now like he knows the 4th sealed it in him and if he were the 4ths son ppl would've treated him differently

Anto
12-29-2004, 03:12 AM
msaterq since you are new here, read the rules before doing anything... also dont double post or post on threads which are old...

kazu_chan
12-29-2004, 09:11 AM
and if naruto was the 4ths son he'd know by now like he knows the 4th sealed it in him and if he were the 4ths son ppl would've treated him differently

well i kinda thought the 3rd had hinted abt that before..!!! but i mite be wrong i havnt re-watched the epi's in a long time..!!

t3r3
12-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Hmmm.. the 3rd hinted in which ep??

[Daisuke]
12-29-2004, 12:26 PM
just before the third attempts to seal Orochimaru, he says he is going to have to use the fourths technique. In which, the user dies and is forever fighting the soul he sealed in the deathgods stomach. If thats the case, then the fourth is fighting the kyuubi's /SOUL/ in the deathgods stomach, but whether the chakra is sealed aswell is not known, as Orochimaru has lost the ability to use his arms, I presume he hasn't lost his chakra. how this seal was transfered to naruto, i dont know, but I'm sure we'll find out in some time.

Also, to the point which someone raised about Edo tensei, the forbidden jutsu used to raise the hokages, they were soulless shells, memories of the hokages, which were then controlle dby the kunai placed within their head.

noxide
12-29-2004, 03:08 PM

I highly doubt anyone knows who his father is except maybe jiraiya kakashi and maybe the third but who was his mother? WHat happened to her. If we found out it might answer some questions

masterq
12-29-2004, 09:48 PM
im surprised that naruto doesn't try to find out who his parents are or were

Shodaime
12-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Some how he really doesn't care that much hes more obsessed with becoming hokage

hydrolix
12-30-2004, 05:40 AM
if you watch episode 02, and listen or morely read (in my case) carefully the conversation between iruka and the 4th hokage, this scene could be a real help towards the theories as to the possibility of the 4th being naruto's father. during their conversation, 3rd hokage says to iruka; "the fourth wanted the people of the village to view naruto as a hero" hmmm, what could that mean? why couldn't he view any other baby as a hero? sounds kinda fishy to me don't you think. if not a father, then naruto was something special to the 4th.

And in regards to the 4th's technique and transferring the seal into naruto. do you's remember while sarutobi is clinging on to orochimaru, and the death god is behind them? can you's see what the death god is holding on to? he's holding on to the 3rd's soul which is in the form of a body which is blue, correct me if i'm wrong. well the point is, it's inevitable that the user of such a technique dies, but where the seal lands on may probably still be able to be controlled. perhaps, the 4th held the baby (naruto) infront of the demon fox and it got sealed in him and what the death god got was just 4th's soul. lol who knows? the creator does, but we sure don't. so yeah, just my theories. (:

madey2k
12-30-2004, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=hydrolix]if you watch episode 02, and listen or morely read (in my case) carefully the conversation between iruka and the 4th hokage, this scene could be a real help towards the theories as to the possibility of the 4th being naruto's father. during their conversation, 3rd hokage says to iruka; ]"the fourth wanted the people of the village to view naruto as a hero" hmmm, what could that mean? why couldn't he view any other baby as a hero? sounds kinda fishy to me don't you think. if not a father, then naruto was something special to the 4th.[/B]

i think it's becoz' naruto was the only baby that was sacrificed to be the container for sealing kyuubi. Thus, the 4th realized (maybe expected) that Naruto will received bad thoughts from the Konoha villagers as the demon they hate is inside one of the Konoha family too, that is Naruto... That's what i thought....

nelsonkong
12-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Good thinking. We will see.

hydrolix
12-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Thus, the 4th realized (maybe expected) that Naruto will received bad thoughts from the Konoha villagers as the demon they hate is inside one of the Konoha family too

might i add more to the conversation between iruka and the 3rd hokage (referring from ep 2 again); 3rd to iruka: "naruto became the vessel of the nine-tails demon fox for the sake of the village. but the adults don't see naruto this way." true the 4th may have expected for the villagers to see naruto as the demon, but his intentions are to make the villagers see naruto as a "hero". take into account the part "for the SAKE of the village". this could mean several positive things. maybe he wants naruto to be the next hokage. ;D i still stand by the theory of 4th being the father to naruto. you may rebutt me as you wish (:

H_I
12-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Maybe Just Maybe Orochimaru is Narutos Father. Maybe Orochimaru disguised himself as the forth and sealed kyyubi in Naruto. Just a theroy

madey2k
12-30-2004, 10:59 PM
take into account the part "for the SAKE of the village". this could mean several positive things. maybe he wants naruto to be the next hokage. ;D i still stand by the theory of 4th being the father to naruto. you may rebutt me as you wish (:

BINGO! And that maybe prove that the 4th is Naruto's father.

nma
12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
might i add more to the conversation between iruka and the 3rd hokage (referring from ep 2 again); 3rd to iruka: "naruto became the vessel of the nine-tails demon fox for the sake of the village. but the adults don't see naruto this way." true the 4th may have expected for the villagers to see naruto as the demon, but his intentions are to make the villagers see naruto as a "hero". take into account the part "for the SAKE of the village". this could mean several positive things. maybe he wants naruto to be the next hokage. ;D i still stand by the theory of 4th being the father to naruto. you may rebutt me as you wish (:
Of course it was for the sake of the village. If the Kyuubi wasn't sealed it would have destroyed Konoha.

hydrolix
12-31-2004, 12:53 AM
Of course it was for the sake of the village. If the Kyuubi wasn't sealed it would have destroyed Konoha.

yes, that is true, but the way i was referring to that quote was for the future, after the 4th had passed on. sure, he did it because it was for the sake of the village to save em but you have to add on what the 3rd said before that, about the 4th making the villagers see naruto as a hero. now why the hell would 4th want a child bearing the demon-fox in him to be viewed as a hero? so he could take advantage of the power of the kyuubi and help the villagers ;D

he did it for the sake of the village for the later FUTURE, and for what threats might come to the village of konoha. sorry i think i'm over-repeating myself, but yeah.

leingod3355
12-31-2004, 12:57 AM
well....to think abt it, the fourth kinda look like naruto....

madey2k
12-31-2004, 01:32 AM
well....to think abt it, the fourth kinda look like naruto....

Do u really think so....? Yeah, I thought that way too. It's so obvious that both of them have same hair colour, eyes too. The only different is attitude. But, the way they thinking is almost the same. The 4th, as Hokage, is willingly to scarifice himself to save Konoha village, meanwhile Naruto dare to scarifice his life to protect his friends.

mo0nlight
01-02-2005, 11:26 AM
lol icant say anything youv almost said everything iwanna say but ithink 4th is naruto's father cuz they really look like iam not sure but for some reasonz ireally didnt understand what the 3th hokage ment when he sealz the death god ireally didnt under stand dose the 4th have the same seal or something iam really confussed and dose gaara have the same mark on his stomach aww sry but iam really confussed~

itachi41
01-03-2005, 05:34 AM
yea the looks are a factor ... but they are many factors that are still a mysteries

osoy
01-03-2005, 09:38 PM
i think the reason yondaime chose naruto because naruto's parents are already dead(killed by kyuubi) and also i think yondaime doesn't want to seal kyuubi on naruto but he has no choice that is why he sacrifice himself in order not to live in grief and of course for the village.we all know that he is a hokage and being a hokage has this unconditional luv for the village w/c means that every person in the village is precious to him. wat d u think?

dexlimp
01-23-2005, 12:46 PM
the 4th is known as the Konoha's Yellow Flash. Jiraiya trained him because he is a genius and can master a jutsu quickly. when he is still a jounin, he has three student named kakashi (a white fang), Obito (an Uchiha) and Rin ( a medical ninja). when they have a war against the hidden rock village, only he and other three jounin left and the enemy is still in the count of 50 but he still manage to defeat the all because of his Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker technique). well that all i can say.