PDA

View Full Version : What ?

the_fat_alchemist
07-16-2005, 10:40 PM
in the bible it says you can't sleep wit your sister
but adam and eve had 2 sons and 2 dauters so for us to be here some one had to sleep with his sister

Tabris
07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
in the bible it says you can't sleep wit your sister
but adam and eve had 2 sons and 2 dauters so for us to be here some one had to sleep with his sister

i'll explain that one, back then the dna was perfect, with out defects. So they could mate without two bad things in the dna matching up. Now there are an amount of defalt in the dna that makes it bad to reproduce within the family line. As sson as it became dangerous or harmful for incest to ccur God said thsat it was not aloud, before then they had to, or we wouldn't be here, now would we? ^^

YoshiToshi
07-18-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm a christian, but I cannot answer your question. I have to disagree with Tabris, though. I cannot say that God just decided to add in a rule afterwards. It was stated that God said, "You are not to sleep with a relative" in the book of Leviticus. So, as myself, I thought, "Why didn't He mention this earlier, at Genesis?" I asked my very wise mom, and she told me that not everything is written in the Bible. I can agree to this. NOT EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. The year, day, and time is not known to when God created the earth, or whether when Adam and Eve had their first son. When Moses gave the commandments to the people, God already knew what the commandments were going to be. There are more than 100 commandments that God stated. I'm sure that those stood even during Genesis times. What happened with the reproducing after Adam and Eve's heirs, no one can say or know for sure. It's a mystery, and only God knows.

I have to ask, though, Tabris, where did you get your information on this thread about?

EDIT: OK, i was wrong. I just went to bible gateway to look up the different versions. I read the Amplified version, here it is.

16So Cain went away from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod [wandering], east of Eden.

17And Cain's wife [one of Adam's offspring] became pregnant and bore Enoch; and Cain built a [a]city and named it after his son Enoch.

And a foot note:
Genesis 4:17 C.H. Dodd (cited by Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with A Commentary) shows that it would have been possible for Adam and Eve, in the more than 100 years he estimates may have elapsed since their union, to have had over 32,000 descendants at the time Cain went to Nod, all of them having sprung from Cain and Abel, who married their sisters.

Tabris, I guess I was wrong.

xXGaaraXx
07-18-2005, 05:58 AM
bible is supposed to be partly story and contextual with some fact behind it.....adam and eve-story, egyptians enslaved israelites-fact
adam and eve as science has shown is a contextual story with a message behind it....ur not supposed to take it factually like that is how humans were truly created....and dont steal stuff from comedy central.....

YoshiToshi
07-18-2005, 06:07 AM
bible is supposed to be partly story and contextual with some fact behind it.....adam and eve-story, egyptians enslaved israelites-fact
adam and eve as science has shown is a contextual story with a message behind it....ur not supposed to take it factually like that is how humans were truly created....and dont steal stuff from comedy central.....
Who are you talking to? Me, Tabris, or alchemist?

xXGaaraXx
07-18-2005, 06:11 AM
alchy stole that from carlos mencia

YoshiToshi
07-18-2005, 06:22 AM
OH yeah...... I think I saw him one time on Comedy central. I remember, now.

Khari
07-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Yes stop watching Comedy central Faty XD I'm not very religious

Tabris
07-18-2005, 10:56 AM
The bible is nota story, it's a compilation of historical documents. I would like to know how old you are, the one who asked thier mother. Has she researched it, and studied it rather extencively, as i have, i never state anythign with out have studied my oppinion to make sure it is the correct one. And just so i'm clear on what you are specifying, i would like the exact reference for the verse in leviticus, so i may look up the origional hebrew word and see how it was as it was first writen. Thankyou, i apreciat your help. ^^

YoshiToshi
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
The bible is nota story, it's a compilation of historical documents. I would like to know how old you are, the one who asked thier mother. Has she researched it, and studied it rather extencively, as i have, i never state anythign with out have studied my oppinion to make sure it is the correct one. And just so i'm clear on what you are specifying, i would like the exact reference for the verse in leviticus, so i may look up the origional hebrew word and see how it was as it was first writen. Thankyou, i apreciat your help. ^^
I'm the one that asked my mom. I'm currently 14, and no, my mom hasn't been "studying" this sort of thing. I asked her, and she said, "No, it's a mystery to us". I went to biblegateway.com, and I looked it up in the bible. I used the amplified version, which has in parentheses, [Adam's offspring], which basically means his sister. My mom was left speechless, and I told her to ask her pastor. Anyways, I'm actually not to sure myself, and until I can know for sure, I'm not saying that I'm right, or you're right, because I don't know what to believe at this moment.

I read the part where it says not to sleep with your sister, aunt, etc.... In leviticus 18. The whole chapter basically talks about not to have sexual relations with relatives and such.

flareofdragon
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
i'll explain that one, back then the dna was perfect, with out defects. So they could mate without two bad things in the dna matching up. Now there are an amount of defalt in the dna that makes it bad to reproduce within the family line. As sson as it became dangerous or harmful for incest to ccur God said thsat it was not aloud, before then they had to, or we wouldn't be here, now would we? ^^
<_< Then why does our DNA suck? That makes no sense whatsoever, considering that perfect DNA is in the eye of the beholder (for example, if adam and eve were white, they couldn't stand up to ultraviolet rays as much as I can), and that if they were perfect, we would be perfect.

Tabris
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
our dna sucks because of sina nd deteariorations, mainly mutations, actually. kind of like evolution, but it's not. Every once in a while dna does mutate, but it mutates for the worse... like they found 12 foot tall human sceletons, we have lost the ability to grow that tall, which sucks.

flareofdragon
07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
<_< which proves you know nothing about mutation. Mutation does not have to be good or bad, its the surroundings that destroy the bad ones. (Oh btw, being that tall sucks too, especially in our environment, and these humans probably did not have much intelligence capacity, making this a very very bad human for our era). For example, a DNA could mutate (when forming the sperm/egg) so that the child can have darker skin. Environments nearer to the equator would make this a very good mutation. Thats how evolution works.

YoshiToshi
07-19-2005, 08:31 PM
our dna sucks because of sina nd deteariorations, mainly mutations, actually. kind of like evolution, but it's not. Every once in a while dna does mutate, but it mutates for the worse... like they found 12 foot tall human sceletons, we have lost the ability to grow that tall, which sucks.
I think I get what you mean. Just like back in the days of Adam and such, people could live over 500 years old. it's kinda like that, right?

flareofdragon
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I think I get what you mean. Just like back in the days of Adam and such, people could live over 500 years old. it's kinda like that, right?
<_< you ignore what I stated, again.

>_> these 12 foot humans couldn't go to any hot and humid places you know. Because they started out in Africa, these humans couldn't keep cool by perspiration. In fact, because they were giants, the sun kept them hotter, thus they were very limited on the places they could visit without dying by dehydration. They had to keep by rivers, and by genetic mutations, they got smaller and smaller, finally allowing them to go places where they couldn't go before.

I saw this in the National Geographic channel.

Tabris
07-20-2005, 01:16 PM
<_< which proves you know nothing about mutation. Mutation does not have to be good or bad, its the surroundings that destroy the bad ones. (Oh btw, being that tall sucks too, especially in our environment, and these humans probably did not have much intelligence capacity, making this a very very bad human for our era). For example, a DNA could mutate (when forming the sperm/egg) so that the child can have darker skin. Environments nearer to the equator would make this a very good mutation. Thats how evolution works.

as for the tall thing, the enviroment used to be much different
there was an ide shiel layer around the earth, which stoped alot of the harmful rays of the sun, the air presure was130% of what it is today and the oxegyn content was 2x as much. You assume that we evolved, so we wouldn't be inteligent, where as i believe we were created so my explination makes perfect sence, if you'd liek to know where the ice shield above the atmosphere went i'll explain that but i'm missing alot of stuff int he spam, zone, so i'll return.

Stanislaw
08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
"incest is best so put your daughter to the test"

The whole stigma over incest comes from our puritan forefathers. To them, sex itself was almost a sin, so to have sex with a member of your immediate family was absolutely god awful. Remember though that in earlier times, dating back to rennaisance europe, the middle ages, all the way back to early a.d. it was okay to marry your family members (and children). Its a cultural issue for Americans, and for most of the "modern" world. I think in the bible, it even hints that some of our biblical forefathers took their cousins and cousins sisters as lovers. Job is hinted to have slept with his daughters.

i got one more, those that are squeamish might not want to look at this one

if they're old enough to bleed, they're old enough to breed. :(

Tsyukomi
08-18-2005, 06:25 AM
I think times are a lot different now since Adam and Eve days! ^^.... but if I ever had sex with my sister if I have a sister... I think I would probably have to go kill myself! HAHAHAH! =P It's like having sex with my mom!! EeWw!!... Don't even want to start to imagine!

/\/ollog
08-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I find that explanation funny.

It's more feasible that Adam and Eve were the chosen two out of the human race.
This leaves plenty of room for Adam and Eve and their children to have plenty of wholesome incest-less sex.

nelsonkong
08-25-2005, 05:45 AM
This is interesting....i wanna ask this question long time ago too...
So, Toshi, have you ask your pastor or have anyone found the answer?

colini
08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Hmm.. Its called evolution, and mayB Adam and Eve existed, but they werent the only 2 peeps on earth..

The Bible has some things of trueth in it, but don't believe the bible litterally..

Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo
08-25-2005, 06:30 PM
-remembers Keitaro Urashima from Love hina again- Does stepsisters count? >_>;;

colini
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I think not, cuz they are not blood related..

flareofdragon
08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
as for the tall thing, the enviroment used to be much different
there was an ide shiel layer around the earth, which stoped alot of the harmful rays of the sun, the air presure was130% of what it is today and the oxegyn content was 2x as much. You assume that we evolved, so we wouldn't be inteligent, where as i believe we were created so my explination makes perfect sence, if you'd liek to know where the ice shield above the atmosphere went i'll explain that but i'm missing alot of stuff int he spam, zone, so i'll return.
Alright to bring this extremely old and forgotten topic back:

You used the term mutations. When you use the term mutations, you are talking about genetic mutations. When we talk about genetic mutations, it is considered to be micro-evolution. For us to deteriote from being the perfect beings to the a pathetic animal-like creature would not be micro, it would be creating a different species. Do you really think that creatures with uneeded organs forming would survive in the wild? Do you really think that we could populate this much if all we had was bad mutations?

Obviously you are one ignorant preacher.

Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo
08-25-2005, 08:38 PM
@FOD dont call her ignorant preacher...but u are kinda right =O

Ero
08-26-2005, 05:10 AM
uh.. tabris, hate to disagree with u but..i think ur sidetracked in a sense, the bible may not be a story, but its not totally fact, it uses a lot of metaphor and symbology, i think (may not be correct) that the idea of Adam and Eve was to fulfill the central idea of God creating everything in opposites, light and dark, sea and land, male and female. I doubt God created just two humans, Adam and Eve, IMO are just biblical representations of Man and Woman, exile from Eden was to show the idea that we disobeyed him, and so with action comes reaction, God sends us out, (much like a bouncer XD).

But if we were to go with the historical fact theory, since the bible was collected and compilated (is that a word :confused: ) much later, during the Nicene Council, if there were only one man and one woman in t he begining, i very much doubt that they could write or read, so that leaves oral transfer of info or picto/graphic sources as the only forms of transferring info from one gen to the other, both are very unreliable sources, as oral tradition tends to change from gen to gen, and picto/graphical sources are comprised mainly of ambiguity (artists POV) that means that facts could have been easily distorted before it even reached a stage where ppl learned to write, let alone, up till the point where the bible was "created". Don't get me wrong, im not undermining the authenticity or value of the bible, im just saying that the bible was created by man. Influenced by God, but still created by man, faults and cracks are still there.

back on the issue though, pretty much wat xgx said, adam and eve, = symbology, not fact, there probably wasn't just one pair named "adam and eve" at the time, probably alot more, but its alot easier to use symbology than to count and list those men and women individually (welcome to prove me wrong) just what i think

flareofdragon
08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
@FOD dont call her ignorant preacher...but u are kinda right =O
I just meant that she should have more facts before she argues against or for it. And you can call me flare... I know the name is kinda long.

gaara's_terror
09-02-2005, 04:49 AM
I don't even see why anyone is debating this topic it was stolen off a tv show on Comedy Central call Mind of Mencia. He did a skit where he asked Nun's that exact question phrased in the exact same way. He did this to fuck around with you guy's, haven't you noticed that after starting this thread he did not post ever again on it. That should have been some kind of clue.