PDA

View Full Version : Why DO Some ppl Dunt lIke Rap?

Mokilla
09-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I think that they may have been addicted to some mess up music and stuck up there head. Well, Man Rap Is Popular and People are loving it. :p

swirlyrobeitachi
09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
yea and sum these boonies really got a beef wid it =/
typical boonie act, right nigga XD
well it betta than them wankwanks trying to like rap =/
thats a shame ><

corbenk
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, Man Rap Is Popular

Wait, because it is popular we should like it? Well, I suppose since terrorists bombing are also popular these days we should like them.

The "Rap" that is out these days is not really rap, it is sexist,degrading and un intelligent shit. Listen to some real rap.

swirlyrobeitachi
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Wait, because it is popular we should like it? Well, I suppose since terrorists bombing are also popular these days we should like them.

The "Rap" that is out these days is not really rap, it is sexist,degrading and un intelligent shit. Listen to some real rap.
hell yea we bomb stations, and people we just want dead nigga -.-
the rap that is out these days is jsut as much rap as schooly d ><
how bout i listen to some real rap, instead of listening to this real crap, bout rap being crap

corbenk
09-17-2005, 11:14 AM
hell yea we bomb stations, and people we just want dead nigga -.-
the rap that is out these days is jsut as much rap as schooly d ><
how bout i listen to some real rap, instead of listening to this real crap, bout rap being crap

Or how bout you learn to type in english, stop calling every one "nigga's" and realise that you are wrong.

And no, the shit that is out today is not rap, tupac was rap, Biggy was rap..... "Diddy" is not rap, "50 cent" is not rap, "Ludacris" is not rap. All these shit heads are are womanizing bastards. They are what is wrong with the music industry.

Impulse
09-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree. Back then, real rap was Tupac, Biggie, etc. Right now, it's really fucked up, especially 50 Cent and his G-UNOT crew. I mean, come on, rap about real shit, instead of women, and how much "ice and diamonds" you got.

Deo Death
09-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Rap sucks now and lyrics are bad. Beats suck and there are stupid people like 50 and Tony Yayo. Eminem and Dr DRe should've killed him when they had the chance to rap about things and not be disgraced by their "aprentice".

swirlyrobeitachi
09-19-2005, 08:48 PM
dont start nishad ><
well first off too corbenk;
chill boonie, and stop dissing me. yo probally just another racist boonie
and both of y'all
dont ever bring up tupacs name, if yall dont kno who he is and shit. yall confiused u poser T_T

Shino
09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Maybe because rap shouldnt be considered "music", its just rhyming with a beat. I personally like hearing people sing and knowing that they play their own instraments....thats my opinion, if dont agree with it, you think I care?

swirlyrobeitachi
09-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Maybe because rap shouldnt be considered "music", its just rhyming with a beat. I personally like hearing people sing and knowing that they play their own instraments....thats my opinion, if dont agree with it, you think I care?
and in yo opinion its alrit to cheat on yo girl fo lily?
yea, i respect that opinion T_T

Khari
09-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Swirly run far away from here ya I love rap but some is bad a whole rack is good 50...I just dont know about him right now T_T

Kites
09-19-2005, 09:58 PM
why people dont like rap? cause they didnt grow up on it. they dont see what so many rap lovers see. those beats the fast ryhmes the long flow. They just dont get those vibes.

They like the beats of a drum echoing a guitar to a song about the artist life or they may like the whispers of the blues or something

rap is the best though :)

Mal
09-20-2005, 12:13 AM
why people dont like rap? cause they didnt grow up on it. they dont see what so many rap lovers see. those beats the fast ryhmes the long flow. They just dont get those vibes.

They like the beats of a drum echoing a guitar to a song about the artist life or they may like the whispers of the blues or something
The beats are the only good thing about rap these days. Music is meant to be a form of expression. Today's rap is nothing but a method to make money by rapping about whatever immoral thing comes to mind. You want good rap? Try songs like Tupac's "I Ain't Mad at Ya". That song's got what music needs: meaning. Tupac is good rap, though I disagree with some of the words he chose to use.

YoshiToshi
09-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I think rap is alright. Don't listen to music much, and I didn't really listen to it as a kid, either. But I guess one of the reasons people don't like rap is because of the songs about sex, women, and money and that shit.
That's the reason my mom hates it, anyways. I don't care for that kind of rap. I also think 50 cent is stupid, and his raps suck. I agree with Deo Death, the lyrics DO suck.

no name
10-02-2005, 07:51 AM
And no, the shit that is out today is not rap, tupac was rap, Biggy was rap..... "Diddy" is not rap, "50 cent" is not rap, "Ludacris" is not rap. All these shit heads are are womanizing bastards. They are what is wrong with the music industry.

i like 50 cent songs and rap .

Jaxon
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I've never really liked rap, but that's because I've never heard anything that good - all you ever hear on radio is bad mass-market rap like Fiddy and whatever lyrics he chose to write down on the back of a envelope on the way back from da club. That just really put me off the whole genre. When there's so much great stuff out there that isn't rap, I really can't be bothered with it.

xredshadowx
10-28-2005, 03:58 PM
i hate rap becuase becuase it take no skill at al saying word takes no skill but playing music on the onrther hand does

palmereap
10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
It depends who's raping some rap songs are good like just a lil bit by 50 cent or outta any way

#1 Bad Guy
10-28-2005, 04:09 PM
i hate rap becuase becuase it take no skill at al saying word takes no skill but playing music on the onrther hand does

Rap takes alot of skill, your just used to hearing people with no skills rap. stop listening to the radio, they dont play real rap on the radio anymore. And stop saying rap takes no skill, thats a lie.

colini
10-29-2005, 11:43 AM

Rap takes no skill ??
its mayB harder than just singing, cuz with singing u just have to have a good voice.
With rap you gotta have a good voice, and you gotta have a flow and stuff like that..

Sakura_Drops
11-01-2005, 02:16 PM
cos I don't understand what the hell they're on about

kagesoumaru
11-06-2005, 03:34 PM
i never was a big fan of rap but the stuff out there these days is just shite its a high school drop out trying make a rhyme about the size of his girlfreinds arse. then theres the stuff i heard which i vaugly remember but it was alright

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
11-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Because there are ignorent people like you, swirly,and Kites.
Colini you are a "white-boy" from Holland.You don't know what's going on the US.So shut up.

#1 Bad Guy
11-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Because there are ignorent people like you, swirly,and Kites.
Colini you are a "white-boy" from Holland.You don't know what's going on the US.So shut up.

that blow hit a little low don't you think? telling everyone dude live in holland? thats was a bit too much now come on......

everbody just calm down here......come on guys lol

corbenk
11-09-2005, 09:24 PM
that blow hit a little low don't you think? telling everyone dude live in holland? thats was a bit too much now come on......

everbody just calm down here......come on guys lol

W00t, go you.

I like the gorillaz, they are not only rap, but evein I enjoy the rapping parts of it.

Shika Love
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I do not like rap. Being a women myself I get offended with the sexual comments, slurs whatever.

You like it, I don't. Debting about it is annoying. So why bother getting a point across if someone does like it. Let them like it.

Because in the end, I am still going to hate it.

Kites
11-10-2005, 04:36 AM
I do not like rap. Being a women myself I get offended with the sexual comments, slurs whatever.

You like it, I don't. Debting about it is annoying. So why bother getting a point across if someone does like it. Let them like it.

Because in the end, I am still going to hate it.
Amen, damnit

typhoon_4434
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
rap is crap.

Why would people waste their inteligence to sing like idiots who don't know what 2 + 2 is?
thats why Rock pwns. Rock is good, most of the rock I listen to has meaning (system of a down)

Also, most rappers (and people who listen to it)can't even spell. It sickens me.
you know that song " lets get retarded"? Its actually making you retarded.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
11-12-2005, 01:41 AM
rap is crap.

Why would people waste their inteligence to sing like idiots who don't know what 2 + 2 is?
thats why Rock pwns. Rock is good, most of the rock I listen to has meaning (system of a down)

Also, most rappers (and people who listen to it)can't even spell. It sickens me.
you know that song " lets get retarded"? Its actually making you retarded.
*nod* hmm

Cipher
11-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll tell you why people are afraid of rap, its b-cuz peeps can't handle the truth.And thats xactley what rap is..................the truth. Rap is the foundation of the world's biggest cultural movement as of right now..............hip-hop. Not all rap today is garbage though. Papoose, Saigon, Common, and my boy Canibus still holdin' it down though.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
11-13-2005, 03:14 AM
I'll tell you why people are afraid of rap, its b-cuz peeps can't handle the truth.And thats xactley what rap is..................the truth. Rap is the foundation of the world's biggest cultural movement as of right now..............hip-hop. Not all rap today is garbage though. Papoose, Saigon, Common, and my boy Canibus still holdin' it down though.
Who the hell told you that?And one more reason why people don't like rap is because most people who like rap don't use garmmar.What is hell is xactley,b-cuz, and holdin`?Stop making up words!Damn it!

palmereap
11-13-2005, 03:18 AM
yeah rap is some pkaces is good and you just haven't heard all rap

Bankotsu
11-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, I'm not a huge fan of rap, but it mostly depends on the rap, if it's good, then I will enjoy the song, but if I don't like it, then too bad x.X

xsnowxwhitex
11-24-2005, 07:42 AM
pffft die rap , hip hop , r&b and all that shite!>,<

fucking shite music ...

Akuma_Sama
12-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I've hated rap since it's first big break in the late 80s. Watching suburban kids who will never see half the struggles of these 'artists' do. How can people 'sing' along with rap songs about being shot at and watching people getting killed when they never have seen it themselves? It's the old arguement about rap music glamorizing such events. Idiot kids think that shit is cool so they put on this act like they're 'bad mutha fuckas' when they play this. I want to puke everytime I go to a party and see these douche bags rapping along with a song and then see them get on a cell phone and drive off in a car that mommy and daddy paid for.

I love music I can connect to and literally feel. For instance in the second guitar solo in November Rain, I can literally feel every note pierce through me. I use music to get in sync with existance... that just is not true with rap music. I was a typical depressed teenager going through the same shit most everyone else deals with, and grunge music in the early 90s hit the fucking spot for me.

god of the moon
12-09-2005, 02:26 PM
i just hate it simple as...

kitty
12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Uh i like rap, yeah its just about crime, sex and guns owell i like it and most of the people i know either like it or dont have a problem with it.

palmereap
12-09-2005, 03:15 PM
it' can be about other things you just haven't listeing to all rap you're genarlising it

OffTheChain
12-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I think the only reason why some people don't like rap, is not because of the topics the people rap about, but because it really doesn't seem like music and/or singing. "its just a beat with a voice" as some people have said one time.

I think its alright I don't disrespect it...and sometimes I listen to it, but lately I've been more into J-pop and Rock music.

palmereap
12-09-2005, 04:12 PM
but than i like he beat to some and eminem is a classic example and some of his stuff is funny and good, but than i like mostly everything except country

deviltwit
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, i don't really like rap cuz it's the way how some songs are made. Like some of 50 cents songs i couldn't understand some of them cuz he was mumbling.

Freshgrease
12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I can't tell you why people don't like it, but I can tell you why I dont like it.

-I don't like wannabe gangsters. I was raised in Memphis,TN and I know what liveing like that really means. There is no pride in it. Pretty much everyone who jumps on the bandwaggon try to be gangsters but they have no fucking clue except for all the stuff the rappers like 50Cent and Icecube tell them.

"I'm gonna go pop a cap in yo' ass, biotch!!" No you are not. Shooting someone is not some easy phyciological (sp?) thing to get over. The smart ones realize that it could be THEM on the ground bleeding to death. There is always someone out there stronger than you and you never know where he is at. Stealing has its bad sides too. "Easy come, easy go".

-The beats are not as good as the classic hip-hop.

-Most of the people that listen to that crap don't treat a Lady like a lady. For some reason the rap culture seems to think women are no more than dogs.

-Of the people who act and listen to that music, 5% of them will become rich or get what their rap stars have. The rest will fail and disregard any form learning or skills training to promote a long-term and secure source of income.

-Rap music and its culture are the most associated to drugs and alcohol abuse. Not to say the rock culture are innocent of this either. IMO a man cannot have my respect till he earns his own. Drugs are a easy way out of a present problem. I don't approve of letting someone or something solve my problems let alone some "magic drug". Not only that, but it'll fuck me up for the rest of my life in many aspects.

-Gangsters are just not fun to be around. I mean I was just walking in the hall and some black dude all blingedup is comeing torwards me and tries to make me flinch. I am twice his size, WTF is he thinking? Without gangsters there whouldn't be any need for protetion from any other gangsters.

I dunno. It may be just me, but seriously I've seen some fucked up stuff on the street with my own eyes at as early as 5. And I had to walk 1/4 a mile to an intercity elementrary school everyday for 5 years in this bad neighborhood.

Dosu
12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
rap sucks in general, only ocasional when it's done right (usealy with heqavy acopnyment from other music) is it worth a damn

corbenk
12-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I can't tell you why people don't like it, but I can tell you why I dont like it.

-I don't like wannabe gangsters. I was raised in Memphis,TN and I know what liveing like that really means. There is no pride in it. Pretty much everyone who jumps on the bandwaggon try to be gangsters but they have no fucking clue except for all the stuff the rappers like 50Cent and Icecube tell them.

"I'm gonna go pop a cap in yo' ass, biotch!!" No you are not. Shooting someone is not some easy phyciological (sp?) thing to get over. The smart ones realize that it could be THEM on the ground bleeding to death. There is always someone out there stronger than you and you never know where he is at. Stealing has its bad sides too. "Easy come, easy go".

-The beats are not as good as the classic hip-hop.

-Most of the people that listen to that crap don't treat a Lady like a lady. For some reason the rap culture seems to think women are no more than dogs.

-Of the people who act and listen to that music, 5% of them will become rich or get what their rap stars have. The rest will fail and disregard any form learning or skills training to promote a long-term and secure source of income.

-Rap music and its culture are the most associated to drugs and alcohol abuse. Not to say the rock culture are innocent of this either. IMO a man cannot have my respect till he earns his own. Drugs are a easy way out of a present problem. I don't approve of letting someone or something solve my problems let alone some "magic drug". Not only that, but it'll fuck me up for the rest of my life in many aspects.

-Gangsters are just not fun to be around. I mean I was just walking in the hall and some black dude all blingedup is comeing torwards me and tries to make me flinch. I am twice his size, WTF is he thinking? Without gangsters there whouldn't be any need for protetion from any other gangsters.

I dunno. It may be just me, but seriously I've seen some fucked up stuff on the street with my own eyes at as early as 5. And I had to walk 1/4 a mile to an intercity elementrary school everyday for 5 years in this bad neighborhood.

I could not have explained it better, but not all rap is like this. I like the song "Heard 'em say" by kanye west. I like Kanye as a person as well. He doesn't try to act Gangster, he even admits his parent were honest hard working people who loved and took care of him.

If I heard the words "Fucking niggas on the street" in any order, yes even with other words between them, I stop listening to the music. It is garbage I am not listening to that shit.

I also like a few Black eyed peas songs, why? Because they don't sing about how hard their life was, or about raping whores in a candy store, they dont make stupid (doen to death) jokes. At least, not in the few songs of theirs I listen too (Gone going, Union and let's get retarded)

I realise these is not real rap, but the songs are good in my opinion. Basically if it has a good beat, doesn't talk about shooting up minorities or dealing drugs, I will probably like it. I used to hate all rap but after taking these bass lesons I must say, I have a much large appreciation for music of any type.

Ridicule
12-13-2005, 11:45 AM
II like Kanye as a person as well. He doesn't try to act Gangster, he even admits his parent were honest hard working people who loved and took care of him.
But have you seen him ask? I saw him once in Punked and man, does that man have one BIG ego! I don't like him, I sometimes like his songs.

As for the rest of rap, some songs are nice, but seriously not all of them are great.

corbenk
12-13-2005, 11:50 AM
But have you seen him ask? I saw him once in Punked and man, does that man have one BIG ego! I don't like him, I sometimes like his songs.

As for the rest of rap, some songs are nice, but seriously not all of them are great.

Yea, I think I saw that one too. I admit, he is not exactly a modest person. His ego is bigger that that of most rappers. Yes, it can be some what annoying but at least the man (as I said before) is not trying to pretended his life is so fucking hard.

Fiori
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I think the only reason why some people don't like rap, is not because of the topics the people rap about, but because it really doesn't seem like music and/or singing. "its just a beat with a voice" as some people have said one time.

I think its alright I don't disrespect it...and sometimes I listen to it, but lately I've been more into J-pop and Rock music.
I feel exactly the same. It sounds more like speech with music behind it to me. It doesn't seem like there's any actual singing going on. Or at least in most of the ones I've heard. I like a few Eminem songs, but that's about it. I'm just more into Rock, Heavy Metal, and Jazz, myself.

palmereap
12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
jazz cool i play jazz on the piano but anyway some rap songs are good and some are funny but it depends the way they put it together

MrPwnzerz
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Agreed.

Dosu
12-13-2005, 01:41 PM

infact very few of them are great, not all of them are tolereable

inosaka
12-13-2005, 02:11 PM
my parents think its plain stupid lol they dance with girls and most of the lyrics dont reely make sense and its annoying when they wave their hands to the beat that just my parents.....

but personally, i like rap

Impulse
12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
my parents think its plain stupid lol they dance with girls and most of the lyrics dont reely make sense and its annoying when they wave their hands to the beat that just my parents.....

but personally, i like rap
You see, that's where you are wrong. Not ALL rap is like that. Like corbenk said, listen to some real rap, like 2Pac. That is what you would call rap that's worth listening to. Some of his songs involve bitches and "gangsta" shit, but most of his music makes you think about real life situations, and his lyrics actually mean something. Unlike the shit we hear today, which revolve around diamonds, grills, hoes, guns, etc. I'm not saying I don't like it, it's entertaining to listen to.

beautiful-green-beast
12-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't like rap cause I don't understand it ^^

And it usually always talks about money, drugs or sex. Not that rock's much better, they always talk about their miserable lives, but at least I can hear the lyrics in rock ^^

KyoichiKanami
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Okay. Two things wrong here.

1) Stop saying things like "what they play today isn't rap". That's really getting annoying, that people can't just accept it for what it is. Yes, Biggie and Tupac were appreciated as rap artists, but times change. Not everyone wants to make some historical waves in the world. They may just want to get paid, or to just create a new way to say the way they see things. but please, don't say it isn't something we all know it is. And if you want to be technical with it, most television shows nowadays are the same way. Women being raped, killed, basically used as subjects for anything terrible in the world. But do we boycott CSI? No, we don't. Do we say "it isn't t.v."? No, we don't. It's one of the highest watched shows on television. Point of all this? Please, get over the fact that times have changed and just enjoy it, because that's all it's meant to be. Entertainment. And if they feel they wish to express themselves that way, guess what? They can do that. It's free speech.

2) Stop blindly criticizing white rappers just because they aren't african-american. Just because they've decided to take part in the genre doesn't mean they wish to emulate african americans or "take over". I'm sure being black isn't too high on Eminem or Haystack's priority list. So, just accept it. If you don't like it, then that's your opinion. You're more than welcome to not like it. But don't call them such names as "wigger" or accuse them of being unoriginal or things like that. I don't ever recall music being a matter of race. And, just for the record, the same thing applies to the few african american rock artists.

I'm really dissappointed with not the way rap portrays itself, but because of the way people face it. If it doesn't mesh with your own ideals, it seems as though all it is is bad for everyone. Guess what, though. No one's forcing you to listen to it. I listen to everything, and try to appreciate everything. but if I just plain don't like it, I don't go out and criticize it for the sole purpose of pissing off its fans. This country is one that allows choices. So, you can choose to keep your mouth shut and change to another station. Or, you can choose to use free speech and piss off its fans. But believe me, you may rub someone the wrong way about something they feel passionately about and end up killed over it. So, think before you simply classify all rap nowadays as "womanizing" and "worthless" and the such. I can recall rock music having gone through the same accusations such as "it isn't music, just pointless yelling", and "all rock artists are whiny little pansies". But we see how many people are fans now, don't we? So, just appreciate it and quit griping about something that, for the most part, won't go away or change.

Ridicule
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
infact very few of them are great, not all of them are tolereable
spot on :p

beautiful-green-beast
12-13-2005, 05:33 PM

1) Stop saying things like "what they play today isn't rap". That's really getting annoying, that people can't just accept it for what it is. Yes, Biggie and Tupac were appreciated as rap artists, but times change. Not everyone wants to make some historical waves in the world. They may just want to get paid, or to just create a new way to say the way they see things. but please, don't say it isn't something we all know it is. And if you want to be technical with it, most television shows nowadays are the same way. Women being raped, killed, basically used as subjects for anything terrible in the world. But do we boycott CSI? No, we don't. Do we say "it isn't t.v."? No, we don't. It's one of the highest watched shows on television. Point of all this? Please, get over the fact that times have changed and just enjoy it, because that's all it's meant to be. Entertainment. And if they feel they wish to express themselves that way, guess what? They can do that. It's free speech.

2) Stop blindly criticizing white rappers just because they aren't african-american. Just because they've decided to take part in the genre doesn't mean they wish to emulate african americans or "take over". I'm sure being black isn't too high on Eminem or Haystack's priority list. So, just accept it. If you don't like it, then that's your opinion. You're more than welcome to not like it. But don't call them such names as "wigger" or accuse them of being unoriginal or things like that. I don't ever recall music being a matter of race. And, just for the record, the same thing applies to the few african american rock artists.

I'm really dissappointed with not the way rap portrays itself, but because of the way people face it. If it doesn't mesh with your own ideals, it seems as though all it is is bad for everyone. Guess what, though. No one's forcing you to listen to it. I listen to everything, and try to appreciate everything. but if I just plain don't like it, I don't go out and criticize it for the sole purpose of pissing off its fans. This country is one that allows choices. So, you can choose to keep your mouth shut and change to another station. Or, you can choose to use free speech and piss off its fans. But believe me, you may rub someone the wrong way about something they feel passionately about and end up killed over it. So, think before you simply classify all rap nowadays as "womanizing" and "worthless" and the such. I can recall rock music having gone through the same accusations such as "it isn't music, just pointless yelling", and "all rock artists are whiny little pansies". But we see how many people are fans now, don't we? So, just appreciate it and quit griping about something that, for the most part, won't go away or change.

Very insightful, very well thought

Kites
12-15-2005, 11:44 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

g4ara
12-16-2005, 01:24 AM
maybe its because .... the style of the music or somethin'...........

the_fat_alchemist
12-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I think that they may have been addicted to some mess up music and stuck up there head. Well, Man Rap Is Popular and People are loving it. :p

they haters man

Siavash
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
well i like rap the most the beat rocks and the rappers are always BLING BLING

Ban Mido
12-19-2005, 12:32 PM
people dont like rap because its degrading, most the time you cant understand them ,and because it just plain sucks. alot of people dont even like it there just band waggon hoppers

the_fat_alchemist
12-19-2005, 12:33 PM
people dont like rap because its degrading, most the time you cant understand them ,and because it just plain sucks. alot of people dont even like it there just band waggon hoppers

like i said haters FRANCISE THEM WHITE TEE BOYS

Demonhacker
12-26-2005, 12:36 AM
I personally dislike rap...This is because of the generic backround music while the guy is actually rapping..I like having actually guitars in my music not some Computer generated stuff....Also I dislike it for being generally associated with drugs,sex and violence...On the other hand that may make me a hypocrit due to me playing alot of violent video games.

doglike
12-26-2005, 12:42 PM
the problem with most commercial rap is that it glorifies an atrocious "gansta" lifestyle that is detrimental to both society and the individual. most often the songs are about the rapper's millions of dollars, his b****es, "gansta life" (LOL-so gansta living in beverly hills in a mansion), or are five minute advertisements for their new line of clothing. its always amusing how most stars say they remember where they came from while p***ing thru money like water. the problem for rap as a genre is that this commercialized pop trash is what most people associate with rap music and fail to notice the groups that actually have talent.

Kites
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM

#1 Bad guy: That statement is false

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
12-29-2005, 09:55 PM

Wow just how arragont and ignorent can you be?

«Artos»
12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Because rap sucks period. Simple beats, crappy lyrics, theres no skill involved whatsoever.

Kites
12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Because rap sucks period. Simple beats, crappy lyrics, theres no skill involved whatsoever.
Ok and screaming takes skill? Please, before you ever say something like that, why dont you try to rap yourself. Lets see how far you get.

I dont get why were argueing over this. AT the end of the day ya'll still gonna like rock and we're still gonna like rap. This whole convo is dumb

«Artos»
12-30-2005, 10:50 AM
I have tried rap, back in the day where being a rapper was the "Cool" thing to do. It does suck, theres no skill. As i said, Crappy beats, Shitty lyrics (With the exception of K-Os), its Repetitave, boring, and just all around crap compared to all other music forms. But your right, thers no point arguing, so im done

KyoichiKanami
12-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Wow just how arragont and ignorent can you be?

Excuse me? I'm ignorant for pointing out the fact that it isn't okay to blindly abuse something just because you don't like it? I'm arrogant for defending something I actually like instead of taking a step to the side and letting people mindlessly talk about it when nine times out of ten they say the same thing (which seems to be in this thread that it sucks and so-and-so doesn't like it, which is a matter of opinion)? Anyone who hasn't at least listened to the majority of rap artists out there, yet wants to say all rap sucks just because of G Unit or Ludacris is the arrogant, ignorant one. I took the time to sift through every major rap artist from 1998 on up before I posted. That's why I put myself (or at least tried to) on the middle, unbiased road. I said what I said because just sitting around and complaining (or criticizing people who actually thought about it and making yourself seem like an ignorant moron) is doing nothing to better it. And by the way, it's spelled arrogant and ignorant, not arragont and ignorent. :mad:

I have tried rap, back in the day where being a rapper was the "Cool" thing to do. It does suck, theres no skill. As i said, Crappy beats, Shitty lyrics (With the exception of K-Os), its Repetitave, boring, and just all around crap compared to all other music forms. But your right, thers no point arguing, so im done

Once again, calling it shitty is a statement of opinion. And, in fact, there are various skills needed to do well in rap. I'm afraid I'm not aware of this K-Os person, but I do know that just because you yourself don't like the genre is no reason to go and say the whole thing sucks. See, this is what I meant in my last post. All I see are people calling it the same thing for the same reason: They don't like it. Well, guess what? There are gonna be some things in this world you don't like. So, the simplest thing to do would be to not expose yourself to it. No one's forcing you to, are they? No? Didn't think so.

«Artos»
12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
The media itself is forcing everyone into it. Or at least african americans (which im not). They premote a negitive stereo type of some rich "gangsta" rapper. As far as rap being shitty, its not just my oppinion, though you may choose to take it that way. Its a fact. And the fact is that rap sucks. But, everyone likes different music, so meh.

KyoichiKanami
12-30-2005, 12:08 PM
The media itself is forcing everyone into it. Or at least african americans (which im not). They premote a negitive stereo type of some rich "gangsta" rapper. As far as rap being shitty, its not just my oppinion, though you may choose to take it that way. Its a fact. And the fact is that rap sucks. But, everyone likes different music, so meh.

No, you saying rap is shitty is your opinion, because if it were fact, there would be no reason for me to dispute it. I myself, as an african american, can safely say that I am not being forced into the genre. And your belief of that is nothing more than another person buying into that stereotype. That's as offensive to me as saying "all white people are automatically going to like rock music" or "all asians automatically like anime". That belief is nothing more than a racial stereotype. Now, as far as the gangster lifestyle, that's their choice to portray that lifestyle. I promise you, there are more types of rap than that, about more subjects than that. So, I'd suggest that you broaden your own horizions, before you decide to try and assert your dislike of a certain genre.

KyoichiKanami
12-30-2005, 02:00 PM
as far as beats and lyrics being "crappy" and "Shitty", what about artists such as Nas, Kanye West, Jay-Z or the game who do not promote a "gangsta lifestyle", and if you come from a gangsta lifestyle then what else can you promote? And lets talk about rock artist such as Johnny Cash, Bruce Springstein, and Fred Durtst who disrespect women? Those of you who are criticizing rap should examine your own interest before making ignorant and uninformed comments on something that you know nothing about.

((Edit: Excuse the double post. My brother seems to have wandered in and become enamored with the topic.))

Kites
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
The media itself is forcing everyone into it. Or at least african americans (which im not).
WHOA! that statement was offensive in so many ways :mad:

OOOoOoO If u lived next door*cracks knuckles*

«Artos»
12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey, i have noting against africans, im saying the media (as in things like BET) tells them that they should be gangsters, which is obv. un-true. As for KyoichiKanami, I am not as uninformed as you seem to believe. Kanye West, i can agree on, he does not premote the ganster stereotype. Jay-Z Does (or at least DID when i listened to rap) premote the negitive stereotype of african americans. As for me "Knowing nothing" about the topic, the same could be said to you. Who says that i even listen to Johnny Cash, Bruce Springstein or (god forbid) Fred Durst? And like there arent artists who are just as bad on the rap side of the fence, i mean, look at 50 Cent and the Candy Shop. Thats an entire song about objectifying women. Please dont jump to conclusions. And i dont think i ever said all african americans are gansters. I said the media is leading many african american youth to believe that being a gangster is "cool". If you dont feel pushed into that stereotype, so what? Look at all those who are?

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Excuse me? I'm ignorant for pointing out the fact that it isn't okay to blindly abuse something just because you don't like it? I'm arrogant for defending something I actually like instead of taking a step to the side and letting people mindlessly talk about it when nine times out of ten they say the same thing (which seems to be in this thread that it sucks and so-and-so doesn't like it, which is a matter of opinion)? Anyone who hasn't at least listened to the majority of rap artists out there, yet wants to say all rap sucks just because of G Unit or Ludacris is the arrogant, ignorant one. I took the time to sift through every major rap artist from 1998 on up before I posted. That's why I put myself (or at least tried to) on the middle, unbiased road. I said what I said because just sitting around and complaining (or criticizing people who actually thought about it and making yourself seem like an ignorant moron) is doing nothing to better it. And by the way, it's spelled arrogant and ignorant, not arragont and ignorent. :mad:
And fire fox doesn't have spell check and my english is not up to par.

@ Artos

For once I've meet some one doesn't use the word gangsta

Pride
12-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Why dont people like rap? becouse pride doesnt like rap. and prides the awesome most single person in the world. thats why.

and couse its not real music, so what? i can talk really fast make a few words rhyme and bu a beat to it, jell i can make my own beat... and as i read eearlier, they dont do it couse they love their music, 50 cent said it himself, he does anything he can to make money, he used to sell crack outa his car trunk to make moneywhen that stopped workin he figurwed hed try and start rappin... so think, how can you like someone who isnt even passionate about what they do, besides, rock is taking back over.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
There is one thing that I hate the most. When people say that rap now-in-days is like rock in the 50's. No it's not! 50's Rock didn't talk about coming in a women's face or talk about shooting some one in the eye.

KyoichiKanami
12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
There is one thing that I hate the most. When people say that rap now-in-days is like rock in the 50's. No it's not! 50's Rock didn't talk about coming in a women's face or talk about shooting some one in the eye.

I didn't mean in terms of lyrics, if you'd have bothered to read my post. I meant they went through the same cycle of hatred before it was accepted as a genre of music. You don't hear people complain 24/7 about rock music.

Kites
12-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey, i have noting against africans, im saying the media (as in things like BET) tells them that they should be gangsters,

Your ignorant. Just dont post here nomore, your making yourself look bad. Seriously

Pride
12-30-2005, 11:48 PM
well with the above statement said, in my yes all people dfending rap look like idiots, so how bout you dont post here either kites.

Kites
12-30-2005, 11:51 PM
well with the above statement said, in my yes all people dfending rap look like idiots, so how bout you dont post here either kites.
How about this convo gets locked because it's stupid. We're argueing over something dumb, after all this I'm still gonna like rap and they're/you're still gonna like rock. Some of the stuff ya are saying is real offensive and I think ya should keep it to yaselves. Not once in this convo have a said anything negitive about rock music. Why? Cause I'm trying to respect the music ya listen to. I may not like it myself, but I'ma keep what I think about rock music to myself. This whole convo is in vain, and now i'm asking a mod to please lock this.

Pride
12-30-2005, 11:56 PM
well, i would respect your music, if there wasnt something to respect about it.

Kites
12-31-2005, 12:02 AM
well, i would respect your music, if there wasnt something to respect about it.
dont you mean: Well I would respect your music, if there WAS something to respect about it.

See what I mean. Bashing each others music/culture is just stupid. We grew up in diffrent surroundings, saw diffrent things. Who are we to judge another's music? We dont know what that person been through or why he likes it. This topic this just plain stupid. We all know I'm not gonna convert anyone to rap and your not gonna convert anyone to rock through this. We're just argueing like little kids. If your mature, you'd atleast try to respect the music they listening to, nevermind likeing it.

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Your ignorant. Just dont post here nomore, your making yourself look bad. Seriously
Apperently YOUR the only one whos offended. The only person i could have though i MIGHT have offeded would be KyoichiKanami, and if i did, i apologize. As for "Making myself look bad" , I could give two shits what some people ive never even met think of me. I mean c'mon, honestly. Thats stupid. I have yet to see what you find so offensive.

@ Makoto_Duke_War_IV

I said "Gangsta" a couple times, sorry :P

croationskater91
12-31-2005, 09:50 AM
OK. Rap is not real music. It doesnt have instruements. Plus its like reading a BAD poem. I like rock you need serious skill to play drums and guitar etc... For rap just take the first thing that comes to mind and make a bad poem about it.

Matsumoto Rangiku
12-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Looking through my music collection, I can easily see that my musical influence sides with that of rock more than rap. But that isn't the point. The point is that there is a reason why there are so many genres of music coexisting at all times. Everyone's taste is going to be different. And bashing on another person's taste in music doesn't make yours any better at all. Every genre has it's fanbase and always will. All this negativity that's getting batted back and forth is pointless and childish, as Kites has said.

I like rock, granted I despise the rock that's being played on the music television stations. And I don't find genres like modern rock or country or whatever appealing, but saying that it's "crap" or has nothing of value to offer is just plain ignorant. A person can't be so blind as to think that their taste in music is superior or the standard by which everyone else should base their music collection on. And if you are so blind to think such things, then don't bother posting your comments on a forum because you won't be taking other people's valid opinions into consideration. Which to me, would seem to be the purpose of a forum or any community. But I digress.

Listen to rap, listen to rock, listen to polka for all anyone should care. You shouldn't say that any genre of music has nothing to respect about it. The same passion you feel for rock music and all it's nuances are mirrored in rap fans for rap music. Being a rock fan, I'd like to thank the defenders of rap in this forum for doing so without bashing my tastes and for being open-minded in their arguments. It disappoints me that some of the defenders of rock in this thread couldn't show the same sort of respect.

Anyway, have fun with your music. Appreciate the freedom to be able to listen to whatever you want and the fact that so many choices are available. I live off of music and without such freedom, I know my life would lose so much meaning. Don't try and snatch that freedom from others; it's just not right.

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Ok, what we can all agree on, rock or rap, is that EMO IS CRAP, for real. XD

KyoichiKanami
12-31-2005, 05:06 PM
OK. Rap is not real music. It doesnt have instruements. Plus its like reading a BAD poem. I like rock you need serious skill to play drums and guitar etc... For rap just take the first thing that comes to mind and make a bad poem about it.

It doesn't have instruments? Okay, that would be WRONG. Just because the instruments themselves aren't played doesn't mean they aren't involved. That's like saying that because you can't see something, it isn't there. It is digitized and applied as the beat. As for the skill, you need just as much to be able to apply the varios components to create a good beat. The lyrics, well, that's a matter of opinion. But only during a freestyle do you go off the top of your head. Please, don't apply uninformed opinions and attempt to pass them off as fact.

KyoichiKanami
12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey, i have noting against africans, im saying the media (as in things like BET) tells them that they should be gangsters, which is obv. un-true. As for KyoichiKanami, I am not as uninformed as you seem to believe. Kanye West, i can agree on, he does not premote the ganster stereotype. Jay-Z Does (or at least DID when i listened to rap) premote the negitive stereotype of african americans. As for me "Knowing nothing" about the topic, the same could be said to you. Who says that i even listen to Johnny Cash, Bruce Springstein or (god forbid) Fred Durst? And like there arent artists who are just as bad on the rap side of the fence, i mean, look at 50 Cent and the Candy Shop. Thats an entire song about objectifying women. Please dont jump to conclusions. And i dont think i ever said all african americans are gansters. I said the media is leading many african american youth to believe that being a gangster is "cool". If you dont feel pushed into that stereotype, so what? Look at all those who are?

first of all, i am not african, i am african american. and unless you thoroughly listen to rap then you don't know what you are talking about. you obviously know nothing about the topic when accuse a group of promoting a lifestyle when the rock and country artists that i named do the same thing. for you to attack one and not the other is hypocritical and unfair. you should do your research. Jay-Z told his life story and promotes business and entreprenuership through his music, but i wouldn't expect you to know that because you did not research your topic before yo made your point, which voids your entire argument on the basis of your ignorance. You should really do your homework on all of the people you mentioned. That means listening to ENTIRE ALBUMS AND NOT ONE OR TWO RADIO SONGS!

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Again, your jumping to conclusions. ALL i used to listen to was rap, for at least a 3 year span, i didnt even touch rock. So its not just "one or two songs". When i say "African American" im meerly describing ethnicity. Either way, like Kites said, at the end of this, ill still think rap is shitty and you wont, so this is pointless.

Matsumoto Rangiku
12-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok, what we can all agree on, rock or rap, is that EMO IS CRAP, for real. XD

Trying to find a common ground with your opponent by bashing another genre of music merely perpetuates the idea that your cannot formulate a decent argument while still maintaining a sense of respect for both yourself and the one you are debating against. And it is unintelligent responses such as that, which debase this thread. This is unfortunate because this thread and debate have many redeeming qualities if everyone would just learn some respect and hold off on ignorant comments, sticking with informed and well-thought arguments instead.

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 07:03 PM
It didn't take a genius to figure out that i was joking. And respect on both sides seems to have been thrown out the window. Kyoichi believes, apperently, that anyone who hates rap is "uninformed". Kites thinks im racist or somthing, i dont know. And apperently, expressing my musical oppinions angers them.
And how much respect have you shown by calling me unintelligent, hypocrite.

Kites
12-31-2005, 08:34 PM
It didn't take a genius to figure out that i was joking. And respect on both sides seems to have been thrown out the window. Kyoichi believes, apperently, that anyone who hates rap is "uninformed". Kites thinks im racist or somthing, i dont know. And apperently, expressing my musical oppinions angers them.
I'm talking about respecting the music, not the person :)

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Ohhhhhhh, I get it now. :D Meh, either way, i will still hate rap at the end of this, so nothing will change.

Cipher
12-31-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't care what nobody says rap is ruling the earth right now. And its not just an opinion, thats the truth. Everyone thought rap was just a trend but rap proved the whole damn planet what it was capable of. Rap has grown into a monster, and you know people are scared of monsters. You saw how those people were acting in King Kong. And that is why people dispise rap wit' so much hatred.

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 09:40 PM
No, i despise rap because of people like you. These "Gangstas" that think their cool because they buy into a stereotypical lifestyle of "bling" and that shit. It even comes down to little things like spelling with as "wit' ". Learn to fuckin spell.:mad:

Cipher
12-31-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't want to be a gangsta, I'm tryna drop some knowledge. You obviously don't know where the real rap is. Its hard to find, but its out there. Like Nas, Jay, Canibus, and Saigon.

Cipher
12-31-2005, 09:45 PM
No, i despise rap because of people like you. These "Gangstas" that think their cool because they buy into a stereotypical lifestyle of "bling" and that shit. It even comes down to little things like spelling with as "wit' ". Learn to fuckin spell.:mad:
What chu mean by 'people like you?"

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
12-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I didn't mean in terms of lyrics, if you'd have bothered to read my post. I meant they went through the same cycle of hatred before it was accepted as a genre of music. You don't hear people complain 24/7 about rock music.
I hardly listen to rock. I like smooth jazz and adult alternative

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Cipher, it cant get much clearer than ive already made it.

GaaraOfTheDeathSand
12-31-2005, 09:52 PM
*sigh* some people just dont like rap its just their opinion simplest way

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Thank you for pointing out the obvious; and your absolutely right, this is pointless.

Cipher
12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
*sigh* some people just dont like rap its just their opinion simplest way
You ain't never lied. What dosn't hurt chu can only make you stronger.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
12-31-2005, 09:56 PM
You ain't never lied. What dosn't hurt chu can only make you stronger.
Chu? STOP MAKING UP WORDS!

GaaraOfTheDeathSand
12-31-2005, 10:03 PM
lol chu everyone knows what that is xD anyway u should listen to my reasons i am a pretty intelegint pperson ;)

Cipher
12-31-2005, 10:05 PM
lol chu everyone knows what that is xD anyway u should listen to my reasons i am a pretty intelegint pperson ;)
Thanx for postin' dat Gaara.

GaaraOfTheDeathSand
12-31-2005, 10:06 PM
lol anytime anytime but we should seriously stop spamming xD

eminemfan
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Rock sucks. Who can like things like spikes and blood and make up when ure a boy and growing out your hair. As a white dude, I never been enfluence to listen to rap!
I live in a rich and peaceful neighborhood and I saw through the stupidness rock brings you!!!! I hope everyone that likes rock and hates rap here drops dead and have their heads chopped off!!!!

«Artos»
12-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Go fuck yourself. I honestly hope you die a slow and painful death. Fuckin bastard. I fuckin stop insulting rap, i agreed that everyone is entitled to their oppinion then this asshole comes. Fuck you. And you obviously know nothing of rock. Spikes Blood and make-up? What the fuck are you talking about? That post is so stupid it warrents putting a handicap sticker on your fuckin car. Go die.

PS; sry for all the cursing everyone else

KyoichiKanami
01-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Rock sucks. Who can like things like spikes and blood and make up when ure a boy and growing out your hair. As a white dude, I never been enfluence to listen to rap!
I live in a rich and peaceful neighborhood and I saw through the stupidness rock brings you!!!! I hope everyone that likes rock and hates rap here drops dead and have their heads chopped off!!!!

You're why it becomes so hard to defend rap music. It's people like you who constantly and rather ignorantly try to defend something while at the same time doing the exact same thing I try to get people NOT to do. please, don't buy into the stereotype that it's gothic people who listen to rap. Believe it or not, I listen to some rock music. So, please, don't be ignorant and foolish. There's no need. If you want the raw truth, it's ignorant people like you who should drop dead and have their heads chopped off, not people who dislike rock music. This is a country that allows free choice, and that means you will not be seen as someone less than another for holding that opinion. Besides, imagine how boring it would be to have folks you can't argue with about genres of music. :)

No, what my brother was saying was that people like most who posted here who have heard two or three rap songs on the radio or somewhere suddenly think that they know all about the genre. It's people that are in fact uninformed that he was referrng to. What we are saying, is that you're more than welcome to have an opinion. But trying to base your opinion about something that you know next to nothing about against someone who has been exposed and exposed themselves to a majority of complete albums for a large part of their life and has a grasp or first-hand experience with what they are saying is ignorant and foolish. And if you will note, we only responded with name-calling and insults when first prevoked. For instance, I didn't call Matoko_Dude or you or anyone else defending rock "stupid" or "arrogant" or anything like that until I was called something first. I try to place myself on an unbiased middle road during most disputes. Besides, what you said in your fist posts struck us both as "all african americans are being made into gangsters because of BET" and "anyone who listens to rap music is the cause of problems in this world". That's why we blew up.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-01-2006, 04:15 AM
No, what my brother was saying was that people like most who posted here who have heard two or three rap songs on the radio or somewhere suddenly think that they know all about the genre. It's people that are in fact uninformed that he was referrng to. What we are saying, is that you're more than welcome to have an opinion. But trying to base your opinion about something that you know next to nothing about against someone who has been exposed and exposed themselves to a majority of complete albums for a large part of their life and has a grasp or first-hand experience with what they are saying is ignorant and foolish. And if you will note, we only responded with name-calling and insults when first prevoked. For instance, I didn't call Matoko_Dude or you or anyone else defending rock "stupid" or "arrogant" or anything like that until I was called something first. I try to place myself on an unbiased middle road during most disputes. Besides, what you said in your fist posts struck us both as "all african americans are being made into gangsters because of BET" and "anyone who listens to rap music is the cause of problems in this world". That's why we blew up.Ano... the 'K'-key is on the other side of the keyboard. -_- Once agian I have to agree with Kyoichi. "all african americans are being made into because of BET" O_o That's kinda closed minded don't chu' think? No it's poor neighberhoods that drive people to chouse the life of a criminal not music. (well maybe just a little bit.)

Khari
01-01-2006, 04:20 AM
opinion that about all that matters here

«Artos»
01-01-2006, 04:22 AM
Again. You have assumed for the THIRD time that im uninformed or that i know nothing about rap when ive listened to it for almost as long as rock.
As for the BET thing, i dont see how you CANT see it. Its not just BET, its all music related channels or anything like that. Their trying to make people belive that being a gangster is cool by using the influence of rap, the fact that they generally target african americans is circumstantial.
"anyone who listens to rap music is the cause of problems in this world"
Where did you get that from?

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-01-2006, 04:26 AM
Again. You have assumed for the THIRD time that im uninformed or that i know nothing about rap when ive listened to it for almost as long as rock.
As for the BET thing, i dont see how you CANT see it. Its not just BET, its all music related channels or anything like that. Their trying to make people belive that being a gangster is cool by using the influence of rap, the fact that they generally target african americans is circumstantial.
No it's rappers them selfs. That have never been shot in the head and lived. (I know some one that has) That make being a criminal is cool.

KyoichiKanami
01-01-2006, 03:10 PM

I got that from some earlier posts. Not by you.

Kites
01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks KyoichiKanami for helping me out with this. I'm done with this topic

Matsumoto Rangiku
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM

Length of time spent listening to a genre means nothing. I spent a few minutes browsing the Favorite Band thread and noticed that about 85%, if not more, of the posts listed the same 10 or so bands over and over again. All of which were mainstream artists that are commonly found on music television channels. 99% of those repeated bands were of the rock genre.

My point is, these people listen to this type of music for a majority of their lives. They choose those artists as the definitive and most prominent influence of their musical taste. But those artists are all mainstream.

Now your argument of being familiar with both rap and rock because you listened to them for about the same amount of time has no bearing on the knowledge you may or may not have. The masses are listening to mainstream and are familiar with the most well-advertised bands/groups/artists. But to truly have a grasp of what an entire genre is about, you would have to have the dedication and passion for that type of music to delve deeper than what the mainstream offers. This is just common sense and logic.

So one has to be careful about arguing the credibility of a music genre when arguing with one of it's more knowledgeable connoisseurs. Which is what you're doing.

sheik
01-02-2006, 08:54 PM
People who hate rap are just to stubborn and ignorant to see some of the good songs. It is not just rap music that sometimes send out bad messages. It is other music too. Rock(suicide(name of a song), country(Honky Tonk, Badonkadonk) and plenty of other music genres. Blamming rap music is just another excuse to be racist and childish. Also the word N*GG** does not mean a black person. It means a ignorant person. You don't have to be black to be a N*GG**. Some retarded idiot decided to label blacks as N*GG** because they most likely didn't get a education and were extremely racist and retarded.

Pride
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually, white people gave indians that label.... and it carried over to blacks africans.

sheik
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Saying rap sucks is just a lame excuse to be racist and idiotic. MOst people who judge rap in a biased manner most of the time never heard any of the GOOD songs and don't comprehend the lyrics. They just say " LIVING IN THE GHETTO IS HARD? YEAH, IT IS WITH ALL THOSE ROACHES AND GANG BANGERS!!!" People tend to reject what is not normal or part of the exact same routine.

Pride
01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I live in the 'ghetto' or wht you people would call the ghetto...and i know exactly how hrd is is to live there, i have to carry a gun on me whenever i walk outside just to smoke a cigerette. but i still hate rap, i dont care about their lyrics, i have th music... i hate how they say they're 'artists' there not, they're poets.. and not very good ones at that. Rock is actually musical, you have to have talent to play guitar, bass and drums, you have to actually have a good voice to sing well... you give anyone a pen and a peice of paper, and eventually they'll come up with what you would call a decent rap 'song'

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I live in the 'ghetto' or wht you people would call the ghetto...and i know exactly how hrd is is to live there, i have to carry a gun on me whenever i walk outside just to smoke a cigerette. but i still hate rap, i dont care about their lyrics, i have th music... i hate how they say they're 'artists' there not, they're poets.. and not very good ones at that. Rock is actually musical, you have to have talent to play guitar, bass and drums, you have to actually have a good voice to sing well... you give anyone a pen and a peice of paper, and eventually they'll come up with what you would call a decent rap 'song'
*nods in agreement* I live in Port Richmen and I lived in West Philly. Singing takes hard work. Do you know oh hard it is to sing on an A minor? And to try and keep on key? Or to sing Opera?

A ghettois an area where people from a specific ethnic background or united in a given culture or religion live as a group, voluntarily, or invonluntarily, in milder or stricter seclusion.

KyoichiKanami
01-03-2006, 02:36 AM
I don't agree with the notion that rapping does not take talent. As I said before, the same principals are involved when coming up with a good musical backing to the singing part. It may not be the same type of instrumental orientation, but the concept is the same: come up with something original, nice to hear, and that flows with the thought of the song. As Shiek said, most people cannot understand the lyrics and therefore cannot connect. Rappers usually have been through something(s) that many other people cannot say that they have dealt with. Just because you've lived in a ghetto or been shot isn't the same thing as having lived in the ghetto practically by yourself, taking care of three or four younger siblings while your father's more than likely in prison and your mother's having to sleep with many different men just to make ends meet. Being shot is not the same thing as having trusted someone for most of your life only to have them shoot you and steal thirty dollars from your dying body just to go and buy more drugs. As far as calling themselves artists and being "bad" poets, the same thing could be said about rock artists, to be honest.The type of poetry where the words do not rhyme is called prose, which is what rock music lyrics are, honestly. And who said one piece of poety is bad while another is good just because of the way the poet executed the wording or picked the topic? People will write what they know. If they know hustling, they'll write that. And if they know heartfelt love, they'll write that. Just because you don't connect with what the singer is trying to convey doesn't mean it's bad. All it means is that genre of music is not meant for you. So, this thread should be closed.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-03-2006, 04:30 AM
I don't agree with the notion that rapping does not take talent. As I said before, the same principals are involved when coming up with a good musical backing to the singing part. It may not be the same type of instrumental orientation, but the concept is the same: come up with something original, nice to hear, and that flows with the thought of the song. As Shiek said, most people cannot understand the lyrics and therefore cannot connect. Rappers usually have been through something(s) that many other people cannot say that they have dealt with. Just because you've lived in a ghetto or been shot isn't the same thing as having lived in the ghetto practically by yourself, taking care of three or four younger siblings while your father's more than likely in prison and your mother's having to sleep with many different men just to make ends meet. Being shot is not the same thing as having trusted someone for most of your life only to have them shoot you and steal thirty dollars from your dying body just to go and buy more drugs. As far as calling themselves artists and being "bad" poets, the same thing could be said about rock artists, to be honest.The type of poetry where the words do not rhyme is called prose, which is what rock music lyrics are, honestly. And who said one piece of poety is bad while another is good just because of the way the poet executed the wording or picked the topic? People will write what they know. If they know hustling, they'll write that. And if they know heartfelt love, they'll write that. Just because you don't connect with what the singer is trying to convey doesn't mean it's bad. All it means is that genre of music is not meant for you. So, this thread should be closed.What is there to connect about shooting in a womens face?

Did you not read my ealier post? It's not 'the ghetto', a gheetto is a neighberhood of which people of the same ethic background.

exp. Chinatown

I would say 'bad poets' just crude poets

sheik
01-03-2006, 04:41 PM
not every song is like that. That is like saying every rock song all they talk about is how depressed they are and unfaithful they were to their girlfriends.

«Artos»
01-03-2006, 05:23 PM
AHA! I witnessed it live today, all the instruments are machined (aka: synth) there really is no tallent in rap!!! :D

sheik
01-03-2006, 05:52 PM
yes their is. you don't like it because you don't relate to it!

WHY DO YOU THINK PARENTS DON'T LIKE OUR MUSIC AND SAY WE HAVE A BAD TASTE IN MUSIC???? THEY DON'T RELATE!!!!!!!!!

My cousin's mom hates rock because she thinks it is mindless screamings and going crazy on instruments that they think sounds good. She thinks Rock is for white people. SHe thinks it is about killing yourself and being gothic.

KyoichiKanami
01-03-2006, 06:24 PM
AHA! I witnessed it live today, all the instruments are machined (aka: synth) there really is no tallent in rap!!! :D

So you think crafting those sounds digitally is any easier than using the actual instrument? It's actually harder, because you have to know the instrument inside and out to use the synthesizer (sp?) to actually make the instrument sound right. If it's so easy, I want you to go and make a number one hit with one.

What is there to connect about shooting in a womens face?

Did you not read my ealier post? It's not 'the ghetto', a gheetto is a neighberhood of which people of the same ethic background.

exp. Chinatown

I would say 'bad poets' just crude poets

I had hoped you would excuse my misuse of the word, as I know exactly what a ghetto is. However, if you had read my post past that, you'd understand that the ghetto is just a setting. It can happen anywhere, and rappers are not trying to connect with you on the level of killing someone or having been nearly been killed themselves. Most of them want you to know their pain, and how traumatizing it was. Yes, there are mysogonistic rappers, but there are alot more who aren't. Just because 50 Cent made a whole song about how he shot someone or screwed someone else doesn't mean that's what the whole genre is. 50 represents a small portion of what rap is, and his topics can't be pinned as the true meaning of rap. And on a side note, I learned today that the true grandfather of rap is James Brown. He was the first artist to "talk to a beat" as he said it, which is what rap is.

«Artos»
01-03-2006, 09:43 PM
So you think crafting those sounds digitally is any easier than using the actual instrument? It's actually harder, because you have to know the instrument inside and out to use the synthesizer (sp?) to actually make the instrument sound right. If it's so easy, I want you to go and make a number one hit with one.
Dude, I CAN play the synth, with ZERO experience, i tried it today, WAYY easier than playing the drums/guitar.

Shiek, i cant believe you honeslty just told be why I DONT like rap. lol. idiots :P

Pride
01-04-2006, 03:41 AM
if anyone picks up a guitar and tries to play music... wel here, heres an example..

this is a G Chord

e -x-|---|---|---|---|
B -x-|---|---|---|---|
G ---|-x-|---|---|---|
D ---|---|-x-|---|---|
A ---|---|-x-|---|---|
E -x-|---|---|---|---|

Now think, look at how many fingers you have... (5) <_<
look how many holding points there are on that (6) now then also note that your fingers can bend around and over each other as well you cant use your other hand couse you have to strum and pick with it..

now then lets look at a keyboard... all keys are in a row... and you have two hands when using one... hmm, now tell me which one is harder to play, and if you dont beleive me that the chord showed above is an actuly chord

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/all-american_rejects/it_ends_tonight_crd.htm

theres a song that uses it.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-04-2006, 05:41 AM
yes their is. you don't like it because you don't relate to it!

WHY DO YOU THINK PARENTS DON'T LIKE OUR MUSIC AND SAY WE HAVE A BAD TASTE IN MUSIC???? THEY DON'T RELATE!!!!!!!!!

My cousin's mom hates rock because she thinks it is mindless screamings and going crazy on instruments that they think sounds good. She thinks Rock is for white people. SHe thinks it is about killing yourself and being gothic.
That's called Hardcore Alternative Metal.

Anyway I don't listen to that crap. My ears are open to Adult Alternative, Grunge, Indei Rock (Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, Tegan and Sara, and ect.), and dare I say it New Wave. (Don't hurt me I grew up in the 90's and late 80's)

«Artos»
01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
if anyone picks up a guitar and tries to play music... wel here, heres an example..

this is a G Chord

e -x-|---|---|---|---|
B -x-|---|---|---|---|
G ---|-x-|---|---|---|
D ---|---|-x-|---|---|
A ---|---|-x-|---|---|
E -x-|---|---|---|---|

Now think, look at how many fingers you have... (5) <_<
look how many holding points there are on that (6) now then also note that your fingers can bend around and over each other as well you cant use your other hand couse you have to strum and pick with it..

now then lets look at a keyboard... all keys are in a row... and you have two hands when using one... hmm, now tell me which one is harder to play, and if you dont beleive me that the chord showed above is an actuly chord

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/all-american_rejects/it_ends_tonight_crd.htm

theres a song that uses it.
Thats an F, lol
Just bar the e. B and E. Put your middle finger on the G one fret over then use your ring and pinky on D and A.

e ---|---|-X-|---|---|
B ---|---|-X-|---|---|
G ---|---|---|---|---|
D ---|---|---|---|---|
A ---|-X-|---|---|---|
E ---|---|-X-|---|---|

Thats a G

Pride
01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
shhhh... they dont know that.

and m exscuse for mixing up the G and the F is the fact i did this at 3 in the morning.

Kamakazi
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
i like rap but a lot of it really does suck...
i mean 50 cent has made about 50 songs about having sex...
seriously its played out...
all these pimps "sharing" std's with each other is a sad and played out story...
but not all rap is bad
i really like old school rap.
but this new crap (south side west side) is just plain horrible.

KyoichiKanami
01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
50 Cent is a fad at this point. It's (excuse me for what seems like racism) targeted toward rich white kids who want to know the "gangsta" lifestyle. 50 Cent does not represent good rap, or rap period, but merely a marketing ploy.

sheik
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
yes, I do not like 50 cent. He is a bad example of rap and that is what turns people off. That is why I don't like people like him because if someone just sees him and give a judgement on Rap they will must likely think Rap has no meaning and is not willing to listen to the GOOD Rappers who put out good messages. I remember 50 cent said people are getting the bad impression and his message is try to get the most out of life. I think he needs to sing about that other than taking some woman to a Candy shop.

Same thing happened with my mom when she heard the linkin Park song Crawlin. My sister had turned to it on the radio in the car and my mom told her to turn that SH*T off. My sister said it was good music but my mom said it was just those crazy crackers yelling and screaming like they are on drugs or something. She said she didn't want to listen to that crazy gothic crap and turned the radio. Just sat in the back seat and kept my nose in the shonen Jump manga. My mom heard one song and decided to judge the music because of one song.
That is the same thing that happens with Rap. We hear one bad song and we take out the pitchforks and axes.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV
01-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Same thing happened with my mom when she heard the linkin Park song Crawlin. My sister had turned to it on the radio in the car and my mom told her to turn that SH*T off. My sister said it was good music but my mom said it was just those crazy crackers yelling and screaming like they are on drugs or something. She said she didn't want to listen to that crazy gothic crap and turned the radio. Just sat in the back seat and kept my nose in the shonen Jump manga. My mom heard one song and decided to judge the music because of one song.
And that was how I saw rock when I was 8

typhoon_4434
01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Rock pwns, and Shiek, no offence, but your mother sounds creepy, and your sister is correct, linking park is good music.

KyoichiKanami
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Rock pwns, and Shiek, no offence, but your mother sounds creepy, and your sister is correct, linking park is good music.

That's the thing with this thread. Rock and Rap pwnzors to me, but it's people who form an unintelligent opinion (not referring to anyone here on these forums) about an entire genre based on one song. I think the lesson here is that you should onlt try and form opinions once you have sufficient knoledge of a genre. The question is, though, how much information is enough? Well, I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Shad0w_Hunter
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I dont like rap cuz anyone with rythm can do it. origionally, it was decent when it was about real things, not just drugs money and hoes. Thats why i hate it.

KyoichiKanami
01-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I wonder if people actually read earlier posts before they themselves post. I could have sworn this was discussed already. The same thing keeps getting repeated. And the same reply keeps being given: Not all of it is money, drugs, and hoes.

Shikamaru_IQ
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Ok let me tell you somtin...
To al you 50 cent fanz:
He isnt a realy rapper hez just a poser...
He cant make good rhymes anymore...
all he does is talk about how he got shot 100 timez...
The real rappers is: Dipset!
Now 'a days all rappers can say is Swears.....
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thats not rapping, At all, And Stop say the "n" word Swirlyrobeitachi., you have no right sayin it..And serisly how old are you?
Im not tryin to start any problems poeple just sayin what i feel.

edit:And Kyoichikanumi i agree what you say about 50 cent..

sand_illusions
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM
rap is awful! you can't understand a word that they say...and they seem to be talking into space...or to a wall or something...>.> rap bugs me to death...

Kites
01-15-2007, 12:45 AM
rap is awful! you can't understand a word that they say...and they seem to be talking into space...or to a wall or something...>.> rap bugs me to death...

You bumped a thread that noone posted in for olmost 1 year(4 days from now)

11. If a thread is dead leave it to rest in peace. if its old then let it die... if anyone brings up dead threads they will be issued with an automatic 2 day ban and if people post after the person has brought up the thread they will be issued with a 1 day ban for each post.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 01:54 AM
OH SHI-

I almost thought this thread was recent. But I forgot the current fuckin' year is 2007. GG. To keep things on topic: mainstream rap is mostly bad. Opinions based on mainstream rap only is illogical and misguided.

12hinata28
01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
i dont listen to rap anymore because it got stupid when i was in 7th all i listen to is rock because it makes sense and i think it's good music

YoshiToshi
01-15-2007, 02:28 AM
I don't usually like rap, but I'll listen to it once in a while. Alot of people don't like rap because some of it is obscene and degrades women, blah blah blah....
Rap used to be popular over here... Now it's all about the reggae. >_>

RNB
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Well popularity has nothing to do with how good music is I must say.

Not only that, but the talent level in rap is 1/10......Also the beats are extremely simple and boring.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't really hate rap, I simply have a little bit of dislike for it at this point. Rap has pretty much gone down hill for a while and lost a ridiculous amount of what little originality it had.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I personally prefer Hip-Hop to rap ^^ I mean with rap its mostly 'The Man' doing this or 'The Man' doing that and "Thugz For Life"
Hip-Hop is a little more slowed down but still has a good beat to it

LonelyNinja
01-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Why do some people not like rap? 'Cuz we haters? o.O

I don't like rap because all the songs I've heard are the same (more or less). And I don't understand a word the people are saying sometimes.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Hip-hop more slowed down? I think it's more like a party version of rap. Hip-hop. Slowed down would be more like R&B.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
MikeyM1979 Hip-hop more slowed down? I think it's more like a party version of rap. Hip-hop. Slowed down would be more like R&B
Nah Man! If you listen to Slum Village or The Roots you'll see what I mean, R&B is crap aswell and thats jus party music

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
lol@R&B being party music! Are you serious?

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Are you saying that Nelly isn't Party music?
Are you sick in the head?

naruto1414
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Well i guess some people could barly understand what the rappers saying or somthing like that.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Are you saying that Nelly isn't Party music?
Are you sick in the head?
Nelly is Hip-Hop, not R&B. When did I say that R&B music is party music? o_O

R&B is crap aswell and thats jus party musicOh, you said R&B is party music. No, it's not. And you suggesting that Nelly's music is R&B is laughable.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Nelly is R&B, no way is he Hip-Hop that would be stupid to call him Hip-Hop
I think your getting your Genres mixed up m8 ^^

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Nelly is R&B, no way is he Hip-Hop that would be stupid to call him Hip-Hop
I think your getting your Genres mixed up m8 ^^Nelly raps, man. He doesn't sing, he's not a vocalist. I think you're getting your genres mixed up. He's a rapper, it's that simple.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
If He's a rapper then the music is Rap thats what you are saying?

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
If He's a rapper then the music is Rap thats what you are saying?He raps, but the music he does it to is party music, which is pretty much Hip-Hop. You have nothing else to say about him being a (lol) R&B artist? :p

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
His music is up-beat and he raps, Hip-hop is more slowed down though If you listen to Slum Village or The Roots

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
His music is up-beat and he raps, Hip-hop is more slowed down though If you listen to Slum Village or The RootsYou're basing that on two names only so far. I still say Nelly is a Hip-Hop artist. He brings party music to the masses. Nothing really you've said actually supports that Nelly is an R&B artist.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
How about this, we agree to diagree?

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
How about this, we agree to diagree?lol Sure. ;)

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM

Not only that, but the talent level in rap is 1/10......Also the beats are extremely simple and boring.

Popular rap is the rap that sucks. Rap that's below the mainstream or underground is where the good stuff resides. It's like this because the public wants rap that's about money, women, and violence (actually, not so much violence anymore). And, the public just happens to be middle class white boys and girls, so rap nowadays doesn't appeal to people who want real hip hop. Therefore, what you see as popular rap isn't quite hip hop.

Mainstream rap mostly takes no talent to create, yeah. With the mumbling of incredibly simple rhymes about cars, clothes, and hoes. But non-popular rap takes just as much talent as rock does. The main artist, the rapper, doesn't need to know how to play an instrument well, but they have to know how to write well.

Good rap artists can string rhymes together more than just at the end of every two lines. What I find acceptable is multiple rhymes within a single line, that goes on for about six lines. And, following this strict rhyme scheme, the artist has to express what they want. Whether it be about some social problems, the quality of life, or current events (nothing blunt, like women or money).

And just as there are good lyricists under the mainstream, there are good producers out there as well. Beats you see in the mainstream are mostly southern beats, which are rather redundant because of the same instruments that are looped. The beats I like usually use classical or jazz instruments, like the saxophone, piano, violin, or even the electric guitar. And sometimes, these beats get suprisingly complex, because they variate more than your average southern beat.

Shinobi Maikeru
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Ninja48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post

Popular rap is the rap that sucks. Rap that's below the mainstream or underground is where the good stuff resides. It's this way because the public wants rap that's about money, women, and violence (actually, not so much violence anymore).

Mainstream rap mostly takes no talent to create, yeah. But non-popular rap takes just as much talent as rock does. The main artist, the rapper, doesn't need to know how to play an instrument well, but they have to know how to write well.

Good rap artists can string rhymes together more than just at the end of every line. What I find acceptable is multiple rhymes within a single line, that goes on for about six lines. And, following this strict rhyme scheme, the artist has to express what they want. Whether it be about some social problems, the quality of life, or current events (nothing blunt, like women or money).

And just as there are good lyricists under the mainstream, there are good producers out there as well. Beats you see in the mainstream are mostly southern beats, which are rather redundant because of the same instruments that are looped. The beats I like usually use classical or jazz instruments, like the saxophone, piano, violin, or even the electric guitar. And sometimes, these beats get suprisingly complex, because they variate more than your average southern beat

I see what you mean, I used to like the lyrcis of Dr Dre but not so much anymore since I began to really listen to them.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not particularly inclined to listen to gangsta rap, though. I don't really relate to it much, and the violence gives me a negative mentality. The only violence/gangsta (sort of) related hip hop I like is from the Wu Tang Clan. They were creative as hell. Especially GZA.

Oh, and Nelly used to rap. Now he practically sings. I would consider him R&B, because all he rapsings about is women.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Nelly attempting to sing, if you can call it that, a few lines in a few songs does not make him an R&B artist, nor does the fact that he sometimes sings about women. o_O

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Sometimes sing? I haven't heard him really rap in forever. You can at least consider him borderline R&B.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Sometimes sing? I haven't heard him really rap in forever. You can at least consider him borderline R&B.
That's like saying Snoop Dogg is an R&B artist just because he sang a few lines in a few songs. No, just, no.

OffTheChain
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
maybe its because they don't understand it?

like people who can't understand or learn a language so well. They give up and say they hate it XD

i like underground.
The song "Think Different" by Nujabes ft Substantial is one song i LOL at

(VERSE 1)
You bust lead? So do I.
Except mine impregnates the page giving birth to thoughts that unify You fuck little girls. I make love to women
My words uplift, yours are poisonous like venom
Im a M.C. Youre a rapper
Im as real as they come,
while half the guys you idolize are just actors
You run from commitment I remain loyal
You call women bitches. I call them queens because theyre royal You make rap songs I make soul music!
When god speaks through rhythm will you go to it?
I save my cash yours you blow through it
Isay your childs special you say hes so stupid
Im pouring my heart out in everything written
Youre scared youll look soft heart remains hidden
On touchy subjects nerves I stay hittin'
I aint better than you I just think different

(HOOK)
Is the glass half full or half empty?
Its based on your perspective quite simply
Were the same and were not know what Im saying listen
I aint better than you I just think different
(REPEAT HOOK)

(VERSE 2)
My fam run things, while you run your jewelry
My people pop lock you tough guys pop toolies
You rock gems I drop gems you Xerox copying
While I originate material to stimulate
Positive thought patterns when the chosen start gathering
We bar none, sun I got jokes you are one
Im out doing it while you talk about it
Im constantly in the mix, while you walk around it
You try, i do Im wise youre clueless.
I get the job done you fail and make excuses
Im a gentlemen youre behaviors abusive
Im patient... youre jumping the gun false start!
Youre caught up in dress codes Ill shop at Walmart
Sucker Im all heart youre half hearted!
You cats is vandals we graf artist!
Thought you had the last laugh but we laugh hardest.

(HOOK)

(VERSE 3)
You fall in love with body parts I connect mentally
With my female counterpart before we bond physically
Cats I chill with rap about revolution
While you rap about drug abuse and distribution
You wanna be like Mike well I wanna be me.
My queen's hard to obtain while yours is easy
We both from Maryland but be reppin DC
We all front sometimes that's how MCs be
My word is bond and yours is worthless
You're mainstream I'm beneath the surface
I stay working hard while you're hardly workin'
All you want is "money and you're dick sucked" are you certain?
I want a better world for our seeds to live in.
I put faith in myself not the system
Yo we trying to travel so why you making pit stops?
You cats is rap and I'm HipHop!

Hook

Fin.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
That's like saying Snoop Dogg is an R&B artist just because he sang a few lines in a few songs. No, just, no.

A few lines? Nelly sings notes as he raps. He's half and half, you know?

@OTC, Nujabes? Interesting, he's on the Samurai Champloo OST's. I'll give that song a download.

MikeyM1979
01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I guess that's your opinion, which I won't try and change.

OffTheChain
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM

@OTC, Nujabes? Interesting, he's on the Samurai Champloo OST's. I'll give that song a download.

Yup, have many of their songs. Very cool

Nujabes
Think Different (ft Substantial):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xlg872

Highs 2 Lows (Cise Starr From Cyne):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dhioht

Blessing It (Remix) (ft. Substantial & Pase Rock From Five Deez):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxn40m

OG
01-15-2007, 01:54 PM
lol@R&B being party music! Are you serious?
ANY kind of music can be party music....yes, ANY kind of music >.>....
even i have gone to parties with R&B music [though most of those songs are for slow dances]

as for rap, i feel the same way N48 does...underground FTW! mainstream has gone to hell...blame MTV >.>....

KoNg
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Maybe people don't like rap because, they're not paying attention to what the artist is saying, I mean if I just pay attention to the words the artist is saying it just flows in my head and I get it, but I guess not all people are like that, because to me, reggae is just a lot of blahs I can't make out to words, but I like the beats, and rock most of the time when I listen they just yell.

OffTheChain
01-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Hurray OG and Kong wins XD

Its not just you, i like music that makes sense lyrically sometimes, and then sometimes i listen to songs that just have a good beat.

take a listen to the three songs i uploaded and see what ya think O.o
I like Fat Jon, Force Of Nature and a couple of other rappers well known in Japan.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh shi-
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/MetaphoricalMusic.jpg
Even the cover is awesome. Maybe I'll buy this album.

ITT, we post rap lyrics that most people will never hear, but are massively lyrical.

In the words of Joseph Heller / "I learned how to write better" //
Even though it sort of irked me //
He said he didnt understand the process of the imagination but he felt he was at its mercy //
Which exploits my point perfectly / And certainly /
reinforces the reason why nobody's probably ever heard of me //
Couldn't understand what I mean by ill //
'Less you try to translate what I print to film //
This is the line of real / the circle of time //
The cycle of eternity / the emergence of one line //
Academic phonetics / render critics tongue-tied //
The personified / dry humor of cum laude alumni //

OffTheChain
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
OH SHI- you picked the cover of their best album :)

RNB
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Popular rap is the rap that sucks. Rap that's below the mainstream or underground is where the good stuff resides. It's like this because the public wants rap that's about money, women, and violence (actually, not so much violence anymore). And, the public just happens to be middle class white boys and girls, so rap nowadays doesn't appeal to people who want real hip hop. Therefore, what you see as popular rap isn't quite hip hop.

Mainstream rap mostly takes no talent to create, yeah. With the mumbling of incredibly simple rhymes about cars, clothes, and hoes. But non-popular rap takes just as much talent as rock does. The main artist, the rapper, doesn't need to know how to play an instrument well, but they have to know how to write well.

Good rap artists can string rhymes together more than just at the end of every two lines. What I find acceptable is multiple rhymes within a single line, that goes on for about six lines. And, following this strict rhyme scheme, the artist has to express what they want. Whether it be about some social problems, the quality of life, or current events (nothing blunt, like women or money).

And just as there are good lyricists under the mainstream, there are good producers out there as well. Beats you see in the mainstream are mostly southern beats, which are rather redundant because of the same instruments that are looped. The beats I like usually use classical or jazz instruments, like the saxophone, piano, violin, or even the electric guitar. And sometimes, these beats get suprisingly complex, because they variate more than your average southern beat.

Give me some of this jazzy-classical rap. I am interested.

Maybe people don't like rap because, they're not paying attention to what the artist is saying, I mean if I just pay attention to the words the artist is saying it just flows in my head and I get it, but I guess not all people are like that, because to me, reggae is just a lot of blahs I can't make out to words, but I like the beats, and rock most of the time when I listen they just yell.

So basically what you like in music is the beats and the vocals/lyrics. When a person screams is that all you hear? The lyrics behind death/doom metal another non-mainstream genres truely come from the TRUE side of the heart. They express emotional struggles and times of peril, which is what we allgo through. When I mean emotional I disclude the romantic struggles because romantic lyrics are overused. Life isn't always bright and when I listen to all these bands have a good time all the time I know it isn't their heart that is writing those lyrics down, its the money, the fans, and the luxuries.

xoRAZORBLADESxo
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I'll tell you "Why DO Some ppl Dunt lIke Rap" for one thing, to be rapper, you must have no musical talent. I bet that very few, if any, of the rap groups out there even have a good singing voice. The only thing they do is talk about pointless crap...Which brings up another point, the stuff that rappers "rhyme" about usually has no meaning at all...i.e. drugs, sex, money, girls, etc. Now, I agree that there are maybe one or two good rap songs out there. The song "Runaway" by Ludacris and Mary J. Blige talks about real problems that kids these days are going through...Why can't all rappers make music more like this?

G
01-15-2007, 04:25 PM
I just love reading all these ignorantr ass statem,ents form people, just because you dont liek rap does not make it bad fgor the lov eof God how hard is it to understand that. Further more if you are not really willign to give something a chance then you really should nto say anything, I like some Roc groups but not all of them an dnot because I just decided they suck but because I genmerally did not care for the lyics or what have you not because they had no talent. Stop saying people who rap or w/e dont have talent because some of you(not calling out names) sound stupid at this point.

RNB
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I just love reading all these ignorantr ass statem,ents form people, just because you dont liek rap does not make it bad fgor the lov eof God how hard is it to understand that. Further more if you are not really willign to give something a chance then you really should nto say anything, I like some Roc groups but not all of them an dnot because I just decided they suck but because I genmerally did not care for the lyics or what have you not because they had no talent. Stop saying people who rap or w/e dont have talent because some of you(not calling out names) sound stupid at this point.

hahahahahahahaha...I "genmerally" do not care for rap lyrics either because they aren't true to life. Some of them talk about city life when they came from rich families. Second of all the "genmeral" statement you made about not giving things a chance well let's just say that bull crap. I have listened to lots of kinds of music and to say I haven't given certain types of music a chance is so false. I listen to all kinds of music and I used to be into rap. I got bored of repeditiveness and the lack of meanifulness so I left the scene. Now mainstream rock has the same problem so I gave Dmetal a chance and well I liked it and thats where I am now.

Kites
01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Nelly raps, man. He doesn't sing, he's not a vocalist. I think you're getting your genres mixed up. He's a rapper, it's that simple.

nelly does both mr I know wrap alot

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Give me some of this jazzy-classical rap. I am interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_rap , pretty much.

hahahahahahahaha...I "genmerally" do not care for rap lyrics either because they aren't true to life. Some of them talk about city life when they came from rich families. Second of all the "genmeral" statement you made about not giving things a chance well let's just say that bull crap. I have listened to lots of kinds of music and to say I haven't given certain types of music a chance is so false. I listen to all kinds of music and I used to be into rap. I got bored of repeditiveness and the lack of meanifulness so I left the scene. Now mainstream rock has the same problem so I gave Dmetal a chance and well I liked it and thats where I am now.
Well, if you're specifically taking note of the rappers credibility as you're listening, chances are, you're not listening to the right artist. I don't care for credibility when I'm listening to certain artists because they don't need any to talk about what they're rapping about. For example, if they're rapping about the quality of life and all that, they don't have to be from the ghettos to relate (and neither do I). Though, if they're rapping about gangsta gangsta cooking crack and fishscale, they have to be from the ghetto to know what they're talking about. And this isn't the rap that I really like (most of the time, excluding Wu Tang because of their creativity).

RNB
01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_rap , pretty much.

Well, if you're specifically taking note of the rappers credibility as you're listening, chances are, you're not listening to the right artist. I don't care for credibility when I'm listening to certain artists because they don't need any to talk about what they're rapping about. For example, if they're rapping about the quality of life and all that, they don't have to be from the ghettos to relate (and neither do I). Though, if they're rapping about gangsta gangsta cooking crack and fishscale, they have to be from the ghetto to know what they're talking about. And this isn't the rap that I really like (most of the time, excluding Wu Tang because of their creativity).

Gangsta rap = crap.......its what everyone aorund here in philly listens to amd I personally get tired of listening to them using the same beats and lyrics.

And the Wu Tang are definately not creative and I don't see a trace of where you got that from.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Shaolin style? Wu Tang Slang? Liquid swords? 36 chambers? The rap is almost mythical sometimes. I wouldn't quite classify it as gangsta rap, it's more like mafioso rap. Definately alternative rap. It only conveys violence creatively through a kung fu flick perspective. The acronym's they've come up with are pretty creative, too.

G
01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Gangsta rap = crap.......its what everyone aorund here in philly listens to amd I personally get tired of listening to them using the same beats and lyrics.
Actually alot of gansta rap is hot but again since its just your opinion theres really nothing more that can be said even though I feel your wrong(and no amount of shit you type will change my mind) lol
And the Wu Tang are definately not creative and I don't see a trace of where you got that from.

I never found the Wu Tang Clan to be anything special but they had some good shit, I'd say The Roots and Public Enemy are some of the best old school raps you can say influenced the game and made postive inpact.

your name is freaking "Redneckboy" so its no surprise you cant appriecate rap :/

RNB
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Shaolin style? Wu Tang Slang? Liquid swords? 36 chambers? The rap is almost mythical sometimes. I wouldn't quite classify it as gangsta rap, it's more like mafioso rap. Definately alternative rap. It only conveys violence creatively through a kung fu flick perspective. The acronym's they've come up with are pretty creative, too.

So you are telling me you are basing a bands creativity off of the lyrics? Is that even how gangsta rap is categorized into the genre "gangsta rap?" If that is it than wow I don't know if I can even respect the rap scene.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
So you are telling me you are basing a bands creativity off of the lyrics? Is that even how gangsta rap is categorized into the genre "gangsta rap?" If that is it than wow I don't know if I can even respect the rap scene.
In a rap tune, 60% of the importance lays in the lyrics. 40% is the beat. Even beat wise, RZA (from Wu Tang) produced some eerie bass heavy beats. Always on point with the percussion, of course. He even was called to produce some tracks for Kill Bill.

RNB
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
In a rap tune, 60% of the importance lays in the lyrics. 40% is the beat. Even beat wise, RZA (from Wu Tang) produced some eerie bass heavy beats. Always on point with the percussion, of course. He even was called to produce some tracks for Kill Bill.

Wow is all i can say. I thought music was more important these days? I guess our communities like poetry better.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow is all i can say. I thought music was more important these days? I guess our communities like poetry better.

You don't know this? I thought you said that you've visted the whole rap genre, but it sounds like you only skimmed through it. If you don't hear the lyrics, you're missing out on 60% of the song. The beat is purposely toned down during the song so the rapper can convey their message through rhythmic words. Poetry is just as gripping and entertaining as complex heavy metal ballads. Some rap artists can make you say "Oh shit" aloud with their well crafted rhymes.

RNB
01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
But it is so much easier to make a complex rhyme than a complex song.

Ninja48
01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I would say the skill it takes for both of those is equal. Even so, beats in rap can also get tasteful and complex during the chorus, or towards the end of a verse. If the beat wasn't simplified a little during the middle of verses, the combination of impressive rhymes and a complex beat is a little too much to bear.

RNB
01-15-2007, 09:34 PM
the combination of impressive rhymes and a complex beat is a little too much to bear.
No it wouldn't I would tune out the words he is saying and listen to the music part of it.

XxJstar2oo5
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I like rap.Some people might not like it because different interests.Like any other stuff.

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545
01-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't like most rap; because [/i]most[/i] of it doesn't have a real story to it. All there is in it is stuff about having parties and molesting and degrading women and other shit like that. That's why I like EMiNEM; most of his songs have a friggin' story to it.

XxJstar2oo5
01-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't like most rap; because [/i]most[/i] of it doesn't have a real story to it. All there is in it is stuff about having parties and molesting and degrading women and other shit like that. That's why I like EMiNEM; most of his songs have a friggin' story to it.

well my opinion about eminem is that most of hes songs are all about how hes life sucked and about hes daughter and how people and reporters are always behind hes back.im not sayin all the songs but most of them.if he didnt want reported to be behind hes back than why did he become famous.>.> he knew what he was in for

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545
01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
well my opinion about eminem is that most of hes songs are all about how hes life sucked and about hes daughter and how people and reporters are always behind hes back.im not sayin all the songs but most of them.if he didnt want reported to be behind hes back than why did he become famous.>.> he knew what he was in for

LoL! Well, I dunno about why he wanted to be famous in the first place just to have reporters talk crap behind his back; that's his problem :D. But that's exactly why I like his songs: he's got his life's story planted into it, and that's what I look forward to in a song, a real story.

XxJstar2oo5
01-15-2007, 10:27 PM
LoL! Well, I dunno about why he wanted to be famous in the first place just to have reporters talk crap behind his back; that's his problem :D. But that's exactly why I like his songs: he's got his life's story planted into it, and that's what I look forward to in a song, a real story.

lol okay well if u like him its fine i like some of hes songs also but yeah thats my opinion XD

church
01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I like rap. Some songs are great, some good, & some bad. It depends on what kinda mood I'm in for what song I wanna hear. And rap does have a story to it. Its just a different way they live.

RNB
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Eminem is the Kurt Cobain of rap music, and thats the best way I can describe it. I will admit that Eminem has some good lyrics, but he is still not good enough for me to enjoy listening to.

Ninja48
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, he actually covers a diverse amount of subjects. He talked about drug abuse, domestic violence, violence in general, added witty lyrics, and talked about all the stuff you've mentioned. He wasn't really hasn't been compressed into one subject until recently, since he's become too famous and controlled by his record label. Oh, and it's not like he chose to be massively famous and controversial. Eminem just wanted to succeed like anyone else, but did a lot more than he expected. I think in an interview, he stated that if he had to chose between high class life and life with his daughter, he'd chose his daughter immediately.

As for the entire rap genre, it can be simplified into this: there is good and bad of every music. There's bad rock, there's good rock. There's bad rap, there's good rap. Bad rap just happens to sell more for some reason.

Corbenk
01-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Bad rap just happens to sell more for some reason.

CUZ IF U BY IT YOU WILL GET HOES AND RIPD ABZ! 13337!!!

I do not know if this has been said, but I know that I hated rap because all I knew was that 50 cent bullshit. After listening to bands like for minor and N.E.R.D (and like, one song by NaS) I really like actual rap.

UchihaTaijiya
01-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Rap's fine. Not entirely my style, but I admit I haven't heard much outside of the mainstream rap. ::shrugs:: All of them have cool music, and when I listen to rap, it's to dance... and the words, well, they don't really matter when you're dancing. lmao. XD Though I have heard some good songs from rap artist, so yeah, I'm cool with it.

Genjutsu Genius
01-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Why come some people don't like country? How about rock? Simply becasue that kind of music is not in their style and annoys them.