PDA

View Full Version : what video game would you like to see turned into a movie?

Satoku
09-23-2005, 12:27 AM
forgive me if this is in the wrong section but

anyways what video game would you like to see turned into a movie?

Mal
09-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Halo, but that's already being done, so... Soul Calibur II perhaps? They could probably get a pretty good movie out of that one.

shadowclone
09-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Metroid!!!!

cloud
09-23-2005, 01:32 AM
final fantasy x and x-2

blazin yukasho
09-23-2005, 02:55 PM
i agree with both the ff ideas and the soul calibar 2 idea that would be sooo awesome..

Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo
09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
battle raper 2..rofl

Impulse
09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd want to see a Final Fantasy 8 movie. Don't know if it's just me but I like Seifer. That's probably the only reason why, and probably because I like Gunblades.

Mal
09-23-2005, 05:28 PM
battle raper 2..rofl
Gee, I wonder what that movie would be rated. If it went to theaters Kakashi, you'd have to sneak in.

#1 Bad Guy
09-24-2005, 03:50 AM
I always wanted to see a Silent Hill movie. They are my favorite games in the world, all of them. I think they are making a Silent Hill movie though so I may finally get that wish....

I hope, no pray it doesnt suk

Mal
09-24-2005, 03:53 PM
I haven't played the Silent Hills, jsut a demo for the 4th one and I got bored of it after a while. I don't know why but there's something about those survival horror games that I don't realy like, though I'd like to play Parasite Eve, that game look awesome. Speaking of which there should be a Parasite Eve movie.

sheik
09-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I would say REsident Evil but they butchered that and made it terrible.
Things that were wrong in the movies:

Jill fights like a rent-a-cop
there is no charles ashford
leon is dead
Jill smokes pot (it looked like pot!)
Alice kicked Nemesis ass
Pussy Nemesis
Nemesis acted like a faget robocop
Nemesis never stabed alice in the mouth with his tenticles
Nemesis turned good
Motley Crue of Umbrella Rejects
S.T.A.R.S sucked
Carlos got infected
Jill is played by some pot smoking whore
Carlos is not a metrosexual
zombies sucked
dogs sucked too
everyone sucked

They ruined resident evil. The first movie was good but the second went wrong!

This is a review from my friend on a resident evil forum!

My review of Resident Evil: Apocalypse or Fuck Paul W.S. Anderson directly in the ear

There is no question of my devotion to and love of video games. Resident Evil sits above all series but Final Fantasy in terms of all time greatness. It is most definitely my favorite congruent video game series, and along with that congruence comes the simple fact: there is a timeline, wherein certain characters are in certain places, doing certain things. Above all else, when handling a classic series, one does NOT FUCK WITH the timeline. Up until this point Capcom had done a stellar job of keeping everything straight, with no plot loopholes or crossovers through nearly a dozen games within the series. Even the first movie got through without destroying any Resident Evil lore. Having just returned from seeing the sequel, I must let my disappointment be known - besides a simple devation from the known truths of the Resident Evil universe, it's almost as if the makers of RE: Apocolypse went out of their way to shit all over the entire Resident Evil timeline. Few things are less forgiveable. What follows is a point by point outline of the magnitude RE:A missed its mark.

Before you say it, yes, I am an angry, defensive nerd. I don't like it when people fuck with my beloved stuff. I know I'm a geek loser. No one's going to give you a prize for figuring it out.

1. Jill Valentine did NOT make it out of Racoon City by depending on some pussy scientist, or some genetic freak, or a fucking rent-a-cop.

On the left, the real fucking Jill Valentine. On the right, some slut who thinks she's Jill but can't kill a fucking zombie dog by herself.

I dunno who she thinks she is, but she isn't Jill. Besides the fact that Jill Valentine's activities during the Racoon City crisis don't even come close to matching those of the lady in the movie, she also seems to have none of Jill's accumulated knowledge from the entire Resident Evil 1 storyline, wherein she was trapped in a goddamn mansion with zombies for hours on end, having to deal with corpses, a severe lack of ammo, one tratorous fucking Albert Wesker and mounds of horrible voice acting. Someone doesn't leave an experience like that to act like the "Jill" from the movie when everything blows up weeks later.

Also, I'm well aware of the irony of declaring that the imaginary, computer generated character is the real one while decrying the actual living human being as fake. STFU.

2. Jill works alone.

Instead of pussying around with a motley crew of Umbrella rejects, token black S.T.A.R.S. members, and pretentious bitchy reporters, Jill Valentine was busy single handedly beating the fuck out of the Nemesis and laying the smack down on random other baddies who got in her way.

3. It was the G-Virus, not the T-Virus, you fucks

The T-virus made its appearance in the first Resident Evil. The catastrophe that caused the destruction of Racoon City was the G-Virus, an evolution of the T-Virus. This would be a minor thing if you didn't have the fucking head of Umbrella walking around calling his own product by the wrong name.

4. How the fuck did that bitch know that Jill and the others were trapped inside that church with no ammo before she came flying through a fucking stained glass window on a motorcycle?

There is suspension of disbelief, and then there is rediculousness. I think this scene falls under "recockulous".

5. The monster constitution was all fucked up

Zombies do not go down with a single shot to the head, unless you're firing a magnum or a shotgun, not a fucking pussy 9mm. A licker would not be stopped by a cross falling on it. The nemesis could not stand up to a withering hail of fire from 12 goddamns S.T.A.R.S. members for any period of time. He would go down. Conversely, being impaled on a measly peice of jagged metal would not even slow him down, let alone leave him helpless for 5 minutes. The zombie dogs are not that fucking resiliant. There was no tyrant in the fucking movie but if he had been there I'm sure the fucking 11 year old girl would have slapped him across the face and he would have died.

6. How did the fucking scientist turn into a zombie?

The answer: No.

The scientist, who has never been infected by the G-Virus, is shot. Minutes later, he is a zombie.

The fuck?

I originally thought that he had infected himself with the virus like he had his daughter, but were that the case, his ass wouldn't still be crippled. The only possible explaination left is that the head of Umbrella has G-Virus coated bullets, which is fucking stupid and were it true probably would have been mentioned, since it's not like they were shy about saying all kinds of other retarded shit.

7. The Nemesis does not feel remorse, he does not feel loss, he does not know of his previous life. He is a fucking killing machine who works for Umbrella.

The nemesis was created as a special version of a tyrant which, in addition to greater intelligence, a greater ability to use firearms, and more resilience, was created because it would listen to Umbrealla's wishes instead of just mutiliating anything in its path like the previous tyrants. It takes orders from Umbrealla and only umbrella. It does not become a good guy at the last second. Those who know me know that I don't use gay or queer as an insult, and in general I regard those who do as bigots. In this case, however, it is warranted. When the Nemesis turns against his masters, it is the single queerest thing I have ever goddamn seen, goddamnit. And I've looked at yaoi, for fuck's sake.

8. No fucking hunters. Again. Eat a fucking cock.

You know the coolest thing about Resident Evil?

Hunters.

You know the worst thing about the best game of the series, Resident Evil 2?

It didn't have any fucking hunters.

You know what made this movie even more of a fucking travesty?

STILL NO GODDAMN HUNTERS.

That's it. I'm sick of it. There are plenty more points I could go into, such as a lack of non Nemesis-class tyrants, that the "good guys" started killing Umbrella soldiers who really had no personal politics and were only earning a living, Albert Wesker not only made no appearance but was never even mentioned, Jill actually quit S.T.A.R.S, she wasn't suspended, and many more. I'm done, though. Screw it. If you are a fan of Resident Evil, don't even fucking bother to see this movie. The cool parts such as dead zombies, nostalgic recreations of classic RE scenes and seeing the Nemesis blow shit up aren't worth the complete and utter bastardization of the series we know and love. Play through the games again instead. You'll thank me in the long run.

Fuck everyone that was involved with this. The terrible irony is that a classic video game series, itself inspired by campy B-horror movies, gets turned into a movie, and instead of making a campy B-horror movie that captures the true spirit of the games, they instead make a halfassed action movie that rapes Shinji Mikami's soul and alienates those who love his work.

I was laughing so hard when I read it because it was so funny! He got in trouble for flaming it thoagh!!!:D

xredshadowx
09-24-2005, 08:33 PM
to be honesnt... i wanna see sonic movie hit the big screen....i think that might be pretty cool

YoruWoNukeru
09-25-2005, 03:25 AM
- Final Fantasy VII (Already coming), VIII, and X
- Kingom Hearts
- Soul Caliber
- Capcom vs. SNK

colini
09-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Dead Or Alive Ultimate..
Tekken 5

supersharingan_18
09-25-2005, 08:47 AM
- Final Fantasy VII (Already coming), VIII, and X
- Kingom Hearts
- Soul Caliber
- Capcom vs. SNK
did u read my mind??!!!

YoruWoNukeru
09-25-2005, 01:25 PM
did u read my mind??!!!
This one does not think so...

Happy we have the same interest. ^_^

supersharingan_18
09-27-2005, 12:53 PM
yep ^_^ !

the_fat_alchemist
09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
nba street vol2

zoids

monster rancher

monster hunter

ninten dogs (haahaha)

armor core

that would roc

Kites
09-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Zelda(gold right there)
Kingdom hearts(this would be good)
San Andreas(As a comedy)
Jack and daxter
Prince of persia
Crash Bandicoot would be good too
Sonic

UchihaSasukeFan
09-28-2005, 07:12 AM
id like to see tales ofsymphonia changed into a movie(or anime)also like loads of other people said ffvlll and 10 and also a game like ninja gaidan or tenchu that would be so kool!

Satoku
09-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Zelda(gold right there)
Kingdom hearts(this would be good)
San Andreas(As a comedy)
Jack and daxter
Prince of persia
Crash Bandicoot would be good too
Sonic
I heard Disney will make a prince of Persia movie

ichinii30
09-30-2005, 09:59 PM
God of War

Satoku
09-30-2005, 10:27 PM
woohooo that would rock!

#1 Bad Guy
09-30-2005, 11:03 PM
nba street vol2

zoids

monster rancher

monster hunter

ninten dogs (haahaha)

armor core

that would roc

Amored Core would be tyte. Even if it totally suked Id love it still.

YoshiToshi
09-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Zelda and maybe Kingdom Hearts.
Oh, and Marvel Nemesis, with all the Marvel characters in one movie.
Don't play too many video games, so I wouldn't know.

supersharingan_18
10-01-2005, 07:16 AM
i didnt remember the marvel nemesis! that would be a cool 1!

no name
10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Dead Or Alive Ultimate..
Tekken 5
YEP,ME 2

blazin yukasho
10-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Tekken 5, kingdom hearts, and zelda would make sweet movies

OffTheChain
10-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Tekken 5 hands down. The movie clips on the game alone rock
And Kingdom hearts, Soul Caliber and Capcom vs. SNK

bafflequeen
10-08-2005, 05:50 PM
final fantasy VIII,
final fantasy X,
final fantasy X-2

cloud-san
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
any final fantasy would make awsoome movies and any zelda game too :):):)

Dosu
10-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I'd want to see a Final Fantasy 8 movie. Don't know if it's just me but I like Seifer. That's probably the only reason why, and probably because I like Gunblades.

Hooray!!! Someone else likes FF8, i get no end of crap for liking it, it's nice to see I'm not alone. As for the topic, hmm maybe Shadow Hearts, that game kicked ass!! I don't know how well they could do it, but it would be kick ass non the less

Coribn117
10-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Kingdom Hearts...

Even though they would probably make my favorite char. (Riku) much less cooler than he is... :(

hyuuga hiroyuki
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
prince of persia would be cool its a good game

kenokuvato
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Legend of Dragoon, just because it was so cliche in gaming I would like to see if it would be less cliche as a movie.

dub zero
10-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Grand Theft Auto. Anyone. It'd be like..the next Scarface.

kakashi29
10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
There are several
Metroid, Halo, Prince of Persia, Darkwatch, Jak, Tak, F.E.A.R and Serious Sam!

Mal
10-14-2005, 12:42 AM
I heard Disney will make a prince of Persia movieIf a Prince of Persia movie was going to be made, Disney would be my last choice to do it.

supersharingan_18
10-14-2005, 12:06 PM
so it would be who? WB, DreamLand(im not sure if thats the word but i remember that it starts by Dream..).....

Mal
10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
You're thinking of Dreamworks, and I don't really know who I'd like to do it, I just know I wouldn't want Disney doing it.

waterbender
10-16-2005, 05:23 PM
dead or alive beach vollyball: ya I know Im a pervert:D

drunk_sea_monkey
10-16-2005, 05:36 PM
FF8 ummmmm, hehe crash band., ummmm FFX2, ummmm and i dunno what else

Satoku
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I want them ti make Mortal Kombat 2 now

Aish
10-17-2005, 02:54 AM
I want them ti make Mortal Kombat 2 now

You mean Mk3 don't you? Annihilation was the second mk movie.

Mal
10-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I've seen one of the MK movies, I think it was the first one.

Dosu
10-21-2005, 09:55 AM
let me ask you this, did it suck out of controll? because if it did, then it was the second movie, if it didn't it was the first.

typhoon_4434
10-25-2005, 07:22 PM
lemme see
Tales of Symphonia
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Legend of Zelda (any game)

Mal
10-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmm... I think "Shadow of the Collossus" could make a pretty interesting movie if they did it right.

Satoku
10-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Im now making a SWG movie in windows movie maker!

Mal
10-26-2005, 12:20 AM
...SWG?

shadowclone
10-26-2005, 12:26 AM
wtf is SWG?

yeah i would like to see Golden Sun 1 & 2 and maybe Fable

no name
10-26-2005, 08:06 AM
age of mythology.