PDA

View Full Version : Genuis

kidistight
01-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know what makes someone a genius ninja, for instance why is Neji reffered to as a genuis clan, and Sasuke a genius of his? I was just wondering because I am watching the begining of Gaara and Sasuke's fight, and Lee called Sasuke a genius.

Jiraiya
01-01-2005, 06:06 PM
let's see for neji he is in the branch family and he able to do kaiten and gentle fist style , 64 hands of hakke., which is the main family secrets. and for sasuke lee call him a genius becuase , he obtain the same speed that lee have with out the weights in a one month time. which took lee yrs to get his speed

itachi41
01-02-2005, 12:44 AM
well there is no true defination of genius ... as long as you do something big and proud ppl could call u a genius ... they have always called kakashi a genius because of his skill and his dad ... white fang ... and sasuke was called a genius cause he could use his sharingan ... and there is only two uchiha members left ... so sasuke was regarded as a genius and he could master lee's speed ... and neji was considered 1 becoz he learned the head family moves in just a month ... and most importantly he is from the branch

Kyuubipandorachan
01-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Just because they can do something that not many can do, they are called genius. Lee can also consider a genius as well.

Jiraiya
01-02-2005, 01:13 PM
yea even sakura is a genius , at sucking ( dont mean that in the nasty way, cant fight) lol

Meteorain27
01-02-2005, 01:36 PM
To me, a genius in Naruto is some1 who is naturally a good ninja.

keven702
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
ya i thikn you past it down by fammily

kidistight
01-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I was just wondering then could Naruto be considered a genius then, eventhough sometimes he is dumber than a basket of chickens.

Jiraiya
01-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering then could Naruto be considered a genius then, eventhough sometimes he is dumber than a basket of chickens.

well to me i guess he a genius to obtain the rasangen is 3 weeks. but overall he's a hard worker

nma
01-02-2005, 05:18 PM
A genius is someone who can do a lot with what seems like a little effort. For example Kakashi is a genius with ninjutsu, which means he can learn ninja faster than than the average ninja.

kidistight
01-02-2005, 05:51 PM
A genius is someone who can do a lot with what seems like a little effort. For example Kakashi is a genius with ninjutsu, which means he can learn ninja faster than than the average ninja.
Does that take into account that he has the Sharingan, which allows him to copy the moves. Which basically means as long as he has a good memory he can learn all moves he sees, and not just copy them.

k-strife
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
To me i think the term genius is one that was born exceptionally gifted. Sasuke and Neji are both high performing characters right from the get-go while Lee had to work to obtain his level.

brent_d
01-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Geniuses are those who can learn easily from different techniques,may it be genjutsu,taijutsu etc... and those who can learn easily even in battle about their opponents techniques...

kidistight
01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
To me i think the term genius is one that was born exceptionally gifted. Sasuke and Neji are both high performing characters right from the get-go while Lee had to work to obtain his level.
But yet Kakashi was ready to call Lee a genius since he was able to unlock so many gates.

nma
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Does that take into account that he has the Sharingan, which allows him to copy the moves. Which basically means as long as he has a good memory he can learn all moves he sees, and not just copy them.
Kakashi was a genius before he got the Sharingan. You read the manga dont you, you saw him. He became a jounin, and he created his own jutsu 12 or 13.
But yet Kakashi was ready to call Lee a genius since he was able to unlock so many gates.
Kakashi just said, "Could he be a genius after all" and then he said something about opening the gates takes more than hardwork. He didnt call Lee a genius.

sabakunoGaara
01-04-2005, 06:36 PM
oi!! ppl some of us didnt read the manga ur spoiling too much of kakashi's history! genius? hmm good question...well to tell ut he truth in the uchiha clan there are only 2 ppl left and i dont think sasuke is the genius while itachi isnt lol...i dont know really i always htought it was coz they did good in skool haha but im too down to earth...what im wondering is does everyone (As in the older ppl) know the whole stroy of itachi killing off everyone before sasuke told his story? i mean remeber in the beginning when kakashi was asking their goals and he said he wanted to kill a certain person...did kakashi now then? just curious
http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/kakashi.jpg
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com (http://www.naruto-kun.com)

nma
01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
oi!! ppl some of us didnt read the manga ur spoiling too much of kakashi's history! genius? hmm good question...well to tell ut he truth in the uchiha clan there are only 2 ppl left and i dont think sasuke is the genius while itachi isnt lol...i dont know really i always htought it was coz they did good in skool haha but im too down to earth...what im wondering is does everyone (As in the older ppl) know the whole stroy of itachi killing off everyone before sasuke told his story? i mean remeber in the beginning when kakashi was asking their goals and he said he wanted to kill a certain person...did kakashi now then? just curious
I think that they do know, I mean murder is not exactly something you keep a secret. I think Kakashi knew then too.

kidistight
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM

Yeah I also think Kakashi knew because the second Sasuke said what his goal was Kakashi knew who he was talking about, meaning he knew why he would want to kill his brother. Also Kakashi has a way of knowing things most jounin's and chunnin'd don't know off hand, so he is very knowledgeable in all areas it seems.

kakashi_00x000
01-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I think because they have advanced bloodlines. I may be wrong.

sabakunoGaara
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Kakashi rulz lol...but really he knew what sasuke was talking abt?? i knew he didnt comment but well thats Kakashi but i didnt know he actually knew y...
but it is a good point its not like its a murder of one person..its a whole clan!

prowse
01-05-2005, 11:56 AM

yep! to me that;'s what gebius is to obtained something faster than anyine and that something must nt be ordinary! sooo it can be said that naruto is a genius? nt at all bcoz to obtained all the jutsu he worked exceptionally hard while the others get it exceptionally done w/ a little training(i mean light) even though we didn't see the others do the training we can still understand that they are nt working as hard as naruto( so naruto can be a hidden genius afterall) see kakashi obtaing a jutsu in a matter of time even if you have sharringgan you stil need practice to copy but in zabusa's case he didn't have! >_<

sabakunoGaara
01-05-2005, 12:02 PM
i dont think Naruto is a genius...he is just hard working and determined...but sasuke and neji and shikamaru are probably the known Geniuses.

madx
01-05-2005, 12:05 PM
i think naruto is a genius
i mean not everyone can learn rasengan right?

prowse
01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
well you know you got a point but still not everyone can learn can learn the gates can they?

sabakunoGaara
01-05-2005, 12:26 PM
well not everyone can learn rasengan in such a short time but i mean i think neji would have learned it faster and MAYBE sasuke...but u never know
i still dont think he is a genius lol

madx
01-05-2005, 12:28 PM
that right too
well what about chouji?

kidistight
01-09-2005, 03:11 PM
well not everyone can learn rasengan in such a short time but i mean i think neji would have learned it faster and MAYBE sasuke...but u never know
i still dont think he is a genius lol

Then that makes me wonder the, the fourth couldn't have been a genuis because it did take him 3 years to master the Rasengan unlike the 1-2 weeks for Naruto. I think Tsande would call Naruto a genius for learning the move so quickly. In regards to Neji and Sasuke both learning there respective moves, they to had about a months time to learn them, and judging by there personalities I doubt they were lounging and watching the birds, we know for a fact that Neji was working just as hard as Naruto. For the simple fact that when he was training with Ten Ten he was saying how it is time to get serious or something when he was training.

HYUGAA Gambit
01-09-2005, 07:30 PM
what about kabuto-san

nma
01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Then that makes me wonder the, the fourth couldn't have been a genuis because it did take him 3 years to master the Rasengan unlike the 1-2 weeks for Naruto. I think Tsande would call Naruto a genius for learning the move so quickly. In regards to Neji and Sasuke both learning there respective moves, they to had about a months time to learn them, and judging by there personalities I doubt they were lounging and watching the birds, we know for a fact that Neji was working just as hard as Naruto. For the simple fact that when he was training with Ten Ten he was saying how it is time to get serious or something when he was training.
It took the Fourth 3 years to create the jutsu, not master it. And Naruto is definetly not a genius. Yeah it took him like a week to master the rasengan, but remember that he only mastered up to the 3rd level. I can't remember exactly but I think that there are 8 different levels to it. Besides he can't even do bunshin no jutsu, one of the basic ninjutsus. How can a genius not know how to do that.

kidistight
01-09-2005, 09:39 PM
It took the Fourth 3 years to create the jutsu, not master it. And Naruto is definetly not a genius. Yeah it took him like a week to master the rasengan, but remember that he only mastered up to the 3rd level. I can't remember exactly but I think that there are 8 different levels to it. Besides he can't even do bunshin no jutsu, one of the basic ninjutsus. How can a genius not know how to do that.

Which ones is Bunshin no Jutsu? Also you have one thing mixed up Naruto has mastered part of it the 8th levels you speak of, is the 8 levels of jutsu. The Rasengan is at the 2nd from the top level of jutsu.

Keichii
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Basically a genius is just someone who is exceptionally good. It can be through family heritage or just their own achievements.
Here are some:
Kakashi- Sharingan and his creating the chidori
Sasuke- Sharingan and exceptional abilities
Neji- learning most of the Hyuuga clan secrets and Byakugan

Also I think he means he couldn't use Henge no Jutsu which is creating an un-solid version of yourself. I don't know if he still can't use it but he couldn't before. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu is the solid clones.

nma
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Which ones is Bunshin no Jutsu? Also you have one thing mixed up Naruto has mastered part of it the 8th levels you speak of, is the 8 levels of jutsu. The Rasengan is at the 2nd from the top level of jutsu.
I meant steps. You know, like the first step was popping the water balloon, the second was popping the rubber ball. The bunshin no jutsu is a like kage bunshin only that its not real, its just a genjutsu and it can't do anything. If its hit once it disappears. Henge is the transformation.

Keichii
01-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Henge is the transformation.

O yea you are right Henge no Jutsu is the transformation jutsu. Sorry about that.

nelsonkong
01-09-2005, 10:30 PM
It is like royalblood or blueblood in this world.

noxide
01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
It is like royalblood or blueblood in this world.

no i a genius is more like a smart or eceptional person

kidistight
01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I thought that was the one, actually he can do the Bunshin no Jutsu, he did it against Neji. He couldn't get it at first, but by working at it over and over again he learned how to do it. Also he went above and beyond that by doing Kage no Jutsu, which is a jounin level move.

I meant steps. You know, like the first step was popping the water balloon, the second was popping the rubber ball. The bunshin no jutsu is a like kage bunshin only that its not real, its just a genjutsu and it can't do anything. If its hit once it disappears. Henge is the transformation.
There aren't 8 steps there are only 3 as of right now, unless you know something that hasn't been said in the anime or manga. Naruto has mastered the Rasengan in regards to his chakra, that is why Tsunade couldn't believe when she saw him use it on Kabuto. In fact she even said that he had mastered it, as well as Jiraiya. Naruto has learned and become very good at all the jutsu's that were taught in school, which he displayed during the first round in the chuunin exam, he turned into Kiba as well as his dog, which according to you is bunshin no jutsu.

h4kk3
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I think a genius is someone who can figure out their family secrets and perform them. Also a genius is someone who can do an extremely hard move in such a short period of time.

kmb
01-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Yeh I agree Naruto is a Genius. It takes hard work to be a genius

noxide
01-12-2005, 06:28 AM
no it doesnt if ure a genius it means you are gifted you dont need to work hard

kidistight
01-16-2005, 10:29 AM
no it doesnt if ure a genius it means you are gifted you dont need to work hard
But Neji was working hard to perfect his absolute defense, Sasuke was working hard to try and learn and perfect the chidori.

nma
01-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Naruto has learned and become very good at all the jutsu's that were taught in school, which he displayed during the first round in the chuunin exam, he turned into Kiba as well as his dog, which according to you is bunshin no jutsu.
Watch the first episode again. Bunshin no jutsu is the jutsu they have to succesfully perform to pass the exam to become a genin. Naruto couldn't do it, he this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/nnma/bscap079.jpg
He used the Henge jutsu to transform into Kiba. When he got punched, he transformed again to fool Kiba.

abedin
01-17-2005, 04:32 AM
naruto is absolutely not a genius... he is only try to fullfil his dreams with hard work... and a little bit of luck..

sufiankane
01-17-2005, 07:41 AM
a genius is a ninja that can dooo summin that other people can't and be powerful...sasuke is a genius, in his chuunin fight against weird chakra suking guy he improvised, neji improvised in his fight with weird spider guy.....konoha yellow flash was a genius, he was fast and wise...well it is your opinion

kidistight
01-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Watch the first episode again. Bunshin no jutsu is the jutsu they have to succesfully perform to pass the exam to become a genin. Naruto couldn't do it, he this.
He used the Henge jutsu to transform into Kiba. When he got punched, he transformed again to fool Kiba.
Actually if you recall he created a Bunshin no jutsu clone to fool Neji in there fight, the clone laid in the whole and made it look like Naruto was out cold. Naruto specifially stated that he failed the exam numerous times and that Bunshin no jutsuit was his worst jutsu to do, but he practiced it since he knew it was his weakest moveand finally got it to work.

a genius is a ninja that can dooo summin that other people can't and be powerful...sasuke is a genius, in his chuunin fight against weird chakra suking guy he improvised, neji improvised in his fight with weird spider guy.....konoha yellow flash was a genius, he was fast and wise...well it is your opinion
See that doesn't spell out what a genius is, based off the fact that Naruto improvised in his fight with Kiba. Kiba was moving way to fast for Naruto and was outsmarting him, so he thought up a way to beat him. Sort of along the same lines he improvised how to beat the Hidden Mist nins when they were all under water trying to protect Idate.

nma
01-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Actually if you recall he created a Bunshin no jutsu clone to fool Neji in there fight, the clone laid in the whole and made it look like Naruto was out cold. Naruto specifially stated that he failed the exam numerous times and that Bunshin no jutsuit was his worst jutsu to do, but he practiced it since he knew it was his weakest moveand finally got it to work.

That was Kage Bunshin, look at what Neji said.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/nnma/bscap081.jpg.

He talked about the Bunshin no Jutsu because he wanted to show that you can't always get what you want.

kidistight
01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
That was Kage Bunshin, look at what Neji said.
He talked about the Bunshin no Jutsu because he wanted to show that you can't always get what you want.
What is Bunshin no Jutsu then, and how can you tell when it is used?

nma
01-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Bunshin no jutsu is pure genjutsu, it was a fake replication of you. You can't tell when its being used, thats the whole point of the jutsu. Kage bunshin is when you make real replications of yourself.

kidistight
01-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Bunshin no jutsu is pure genjutsu, it was a fake replication of you. You can't tell when its being used, thats the whole point of the jutsu. Kage bunshin is when you make real replications of yourself.
So if we can't tell other than the fact of them saying it then can't we assume that Naruto was using Bunshin no jutsu when they fought the two remaining Sound Nins to get Sasuke back.

firephoenix519
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
they're called a genius because they are fast on there feet, have done great in the academy, and are good at just about everything a ninja does

nma
01-17-2005, 03:40 PM
So if we can't tell other than the fact of them saying it then can't we assume that Naruto was using Bunshin no jutsu when they fought the two remaining Sound Nins to get Sasuke back.
No we can't because the guy held Naruto's hand. If it were a regular bunshin, it would have disappeared right away. Besides, Naruto can't do the bunshin no jutsu.

kidistight
01-17-2005, 03:51 PM
No we can't because the guy held Naruto's hand. If it were a regular bunshin, it would have disappeared right away. Besides, Naruto can't do the bunshin no jutsu.
You seem to be under the premise that Naruto will never ever learn this move without the creators showing it to us, I will need to go back and view previous episodes to verify if he has ever done the Bunshin no jutsu. Does anyone know if you can do replicants as well as clones at the same time.

Kiarae
01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Genius (according to Microsoft Word): Mastermind, or Whiz Kid. So, under mastermind we can place Orochimaru and under Whiz Kid we can place Neji, Sasuke, and Shikamaru. Now, if we had a 'Ramen eating, pigheaded Blond' catagory, I'm sure we could put Naruto somewere in this mix.

abedin
01-17-2005, 11:42 PM
i think if naruto could do a kage bunshin.. he might as well could do bunshin no jutsu..at first..naruto couldn't do bunshin no jutsu because of he lacks in controlling the chakra..... but that before he got trained by kakashi and jiraiya ...

nma
01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
You seem to be under the premise that Naruto will never ever learn this move without the creators showing it to us, I will need to go back and view previous episodes to verify if he has ever done the Bunshin no jutsu. Does anyone know if you can do replicants as well as clones at the same time.
Naruto doesn't want to learn the jutsu. Isn't there something that you hated as a kid, so much that you won't even do it now. Besides he knows the kage bunshin, there's no reason for him to use the regular bunshin. And yeah, I think that you can do it at the same time.

ondu
01-18-2005, 04:35 AM
agree with you sakunoGaara.Neji is truly a genius coz he fully understand his blood limit n knows its weaknesses.

kidistight
01-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Naruto doesn't want to learn the jutsu. Isn't there something that you hated as a kid, so much that you won't even do it now. Besides he knows the kage bunshin, there's no reason for him to use the regular bunshin. And yeah, I think that you can do it at the same time.
I think he does know it and that he has used it before, but for the most part he prefers kage because he likes to have more support when fighting against people. Just for the record there were things I didn't like when I was a kid I didn't like onions, but I eat them now at Micky D's since they are so tiny. NMA I enjoy going back with you, but I think we might have ehxausted this topic, I look forward to going back and forth with you on other issues.

agree with you sakunoGaara.Neji is truly a genius coz he fully understand his blood limit n knows its weaknesses.
Then that means Sasuke isn't a genius since he doesn't know his blood limit or it's weaknesses.

abedin
01-18-2005, 09:07 AM
i think sasuke is half-genius..

sabakunoGaara
01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Genius (according to Microsoft Word): Mastermind, or Whiz Kid. So, under mastermind we can place Orochimaru and under Whiz Kid we can place Neji, Sasuke, and Shikamaru. Now, if we had a 'Ramen eating, pigheaded Blond' catagory, I'm sure we could put Naruto somewere in this mix.

thats just nasty! no one is denying that naruto is really strong but he just isn't a genius!
and i think sasuke IS a genius i mean he is (in my opinion so feel free to object) somewhat the equal of Neji! i mean if ur going to say Neji is a genius then sasuke is one too bcoz theyre both highly capable they were both number one rookies in their year they both know their bloodline and its weaknesses...thyre both highly capable!

http://narutofever.com/images/personality-tests/i-am-zabuza.jpg (http://narutofever.com)

http://narutofever.com/personality-tests/love-compatibility-tests/for-males/images/lovekakashi.jpg (http://narutofever.com/personality-tests/love-compatibility-tests/)

kidistight
01-18-2005, 02:49 PM
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen] thats just nasty! no one is denying that naruto is really strong but he just isn't a genius!
and i think sasuke IS a genius i mean he is (in my opinion so feel free to object) somewhat the equal of Neji! i mean if ur going to say Neji is a genius then sasuke is one too bcoz theyre both highly capable they were both number one rookies in their year they both know their bloodline and its weaknesses...thyre both highly capable!
How do you know that Sasuke is aware of his blood lines limits, this really hasn't been conveyed to us like it was for Neji.

coconaught
01-18-2005, 03:03 PM
i think that genius is just being in a clan with blood jutsu or whatever they are called. Like the sharingan and Byukagan.

Kiarae
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
thats just nasty! no one is denying that naruto is really strong but he just isn't a genius!

http://narutofever.com/images/personality-tests/i-am-zabuza.jpg (http://narutofever.com)

http://narutofever.com/personality-tests/love-compatibility-tests/for-males/images/lovekakashi.jpg (http://narutofever.com/personality-tests/love-compatibility-tests/)
I wasn't saying that he wasn't strong. Every last word I just said about Naruto-kun was completely true. He is stubborn, constantly eats Ramen, and is, in fact, Blond. So then, that would be a perfect catagory choice for him, now wouldn't it? I'll add strong if it'll make you feel better, but I'm not putting him as Genius.

nma
01-18-2005, 06:52 PM
i think that genius is just being in a clan with blood jutsu or whatever they are called. Like the sharingan and Byukagan.
Not really, look at Hinata.

kidistight
01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Also Kakashi was thought to be a genius before he got his sharingan.

LittleAtari
01-23-2005, 06:07 PM
a genius is someone that can learn techniques with ease and quickness and usually come from elite families that their own special techniques

abedin
01-26-2005, 12:21 AM
temari is a genius.... really..she is... and cute too...

drbazy1069
02-01-2005, 09:09 PM
for some reason i think naruto is a genius i mean you look at this guy and he looks like an idiot but he ends up taking out the most powerful enemies and even takes out the rookie genius like neiji

abedin
02-03-2005, 12:55 AM
for some reason i think naruto is a genius i mean you look at this guy and he looks like an idiot but he ends up taking out the most powerful enemies and even takes out the rookie genius like neiji

it's just luck.. neji would win if naruto doesn't have kyuubi inside him

Uchiha_Itachi
02-09-2005, 12:41 AM
it was'nt luck........that's the Naruto specialty..

HyuugaNeji
02-09-2005, 01:51 AM
I believe what makes a genius is the ability of that individual to surpass others in whatever he/she does with either less time or less effort others have require to get to that particular skill level. Though Lee said that Sasuke was a genius, I agree with Gai when he told Lee that he was a genius at hard work...Dayum that boy can move and kick a$$ with those lotus gates opened!!

Gallean
02-13-2005, 12:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken....this thread talks about how we all define "genius"....so in that way, all opinions are valid. I believe there is no ONE definition for "genius".

Some people define "genius" as unsurpassed skill and ability, beyond that normally capable of being achieved by ordinary man...and true, this indeed can define a "genius"...but I also believe that "genius" is not merely measured by inborn gift or talent- perhaps genius is that "greatness" that makes people transcend their weakness and surpass their limitations. That drive within them to better themselves despite the onslaught of problems and difficulties. When viewed from this manner, "genius" CAN and DOES include Lee and Naruto.

In Hinata's eyes, Naruto is a genius- even more so, he is a hero (I would like to think that is even more noble than being a mere "genius"). Hinata's narration when Naruto was having a difficult time in the Chuunin prelim fights was very heartwarming and impressive (e.g. "now you will show them..etc.")

But personally, as what I have mentioned in another thread, true genius is in knowing one's capabilities totally- that includes one's limitations and weaknesses. Before one can triumph over one's weaknesses, one has to know and acknowledge them first (and this, Neji does...which very much impresses me). Many people see Neji as this stuck up brilliant kid who is puffed up and full of himself- true...he is awesome and he knows it...but what most people don't realize is that what makes Neji TRULY a genius is because...yes, he KNOWS his weakness... (I am still waiting for either Naruto or Sasuke to do this...), and by facing boldly that weakness, he transforms this "weakness" into a trump card- now THAT is genius.

"Gnothi seauton (Know thyself.)" -Socrates

narutonegi
02-18-2005, 01:15 AM
its because he has a bloodline in him

orochimoru
02-18-2005, 02:11 AM
i think thye are geniuses cause there advanced bloodline and also the way they can see threw things.and they take this to perfection to master it.y wastse a good thing?

sabakunoGaara
02-18-2005, 05:24 AM
How do you know that Sasuke is aware of his blood lines limits, this really hasn't been conveyed to us like it was for Neji.

im sure sasuke hasnt got 100% knowledge on his bloodline like maybe itachi does and neji for his byuukugan but he know its weaknesses and he is learning abt it more and more especially infer kakashi's guidance. plus dont forget that neji had one year to train his bloodline brfore we even saw him! im not saying he is the same as sasuke but still sasuke is considered close