PDA

View Full Version : naruto license in america?

Jiraiya
01-01-2005, 06:08 PM
here's the link , what u think

http://www.hive4media.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?sec_id=2&article_ID=6995

Roy Mustang
01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
i think thats crap who's gonnal license it? *crosses fingers adult swim will*

RadioHostage
01-01-2005, 08:12 PM
yeah, that is total crap, first of all, its technically not illegal if the anime has not been licensed in america, right? (of course the sites are open to all countries, so.........that leaves room for argument)

second of all, Adult swim does not actually license shows, other companies like 4kids, (pokemon, ugh............only one i could think of) License it and pay stations like cartoon network to show them, who then put it in toonami or adult swim.

lito
01-01-2005, 08:18 PM
this is bad news... you may have a point there radio hostage but the fact is if they want it to be illegal it will be lets just hope that it wont happen or at least happen in the far far far future...

itsumi
01-01-2005, 09:20 PM
ok that is all well and good but we still don't know what company will get their hands on licensing Naruto for all to see. I just hope that they pick the voice actors very carefully to play the Naruto characters. I you watch other anime with characters that have terrible voice overs...then your going to wish that they never got their hands on it and just watch it in Japanese. Just like Full Metal Alchemist, I hate a few of the characters with English voice overs. It's really annoying.

Meteorain27
01-01-2005, 09:29 PM
i think thats crap who's gonnal license it? *crosses fingers adult swim will*
basically you mean someone will dub it and then get it put on AS. Basically, you're hoping 4Kids doesn't get it. Same Here.

Black_Kyuubi
01-01-2005, 10:13 PM
If Adult Swim does license Naruto they had better pick their voice actors very carefully or Naruto will suck in English. But I would rather have the Japanese version on T.V because the editors take out all the good parts

kakashi2010
01-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I hope ADV liscenses naruto.

laker
01-01-2005, 11:15 PM
i hope it won't get liscenses since if it does group won't sub it

BrandedWolf
01-01-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm hoping a company that has good voice actors gets ahold of it.
Personally I usually prefer the subbed version of any anime, but it's nice every now and again to listen and see if the voices work.
I'm hoping Adv, but *shrugs* who knows. As long as they package it well and don't charge up the yin yang for it... it's gonna be several dvd's considering how many episodes there are.

leingod3355
01-01-2005, 11:28 PM
an american ver of naruto??...well that sux...i rather watch a japanese ver of naruto with subtitles....at least its original...but to think abt it....maybe its not so bad...i think...

BrandedWolf
01-02-2005, 12:19 AM
True, you never really know, for example for seom reason I prefer wathcing the dubbed version of Evangelion and old Tenchi, I guess I just grew up listening to those voices and they sound right to me.
It all depends on the cmpany and wheater they can get good voice actors, there aren't as many state side that are real good at it, like in japan. :(

Meteorain27
01-02-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll miss Naruto's voice (sobs)

X2thaU
01-02-2005, 11:51 AM
i like the version that i see first...if its the orginial japanese sub, then i like that version better...if its the american dubb, then i like that better

Krazykidpsx
01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
most of the time is all on what hits your ears first.

hopefully ADV will licence it, 1, itll be like the most newest cartoon they can get from their whole line of anime. (azumanga daioh, saint seiya, etc...) usaully are a bit old, not that old but still.

also azumanga daioh i preferd it in japanese than in english because the voices.

they were put alot more better in japanese than in english.

like if you have watched the show, Miss Osaka's voice is much better in japanese than in english. because in english it sounds like shes from the valley or something.

in japanese it actaully sounds like a girl that spaces out alot.

not to mention the mumbling that naruto does. what does datebayo mean?

lately im noticing its just jibberish that naruto says, so how will that translate?

to something from the simpsons that ned flanders often says?

so for all good reasons, hope that nasty 4kids doesnt get it and hope that some really good company does.

oh lets not mention the name changing.

Lock Ree (Rock Lee) [they for sure will change his name]

RadioHostage
01-02-2005, 09:20 PM
yeah, 4kids ruins everything. I think Naruto just shouldnt come out in America, personally

Krazykidpsx
01-02-2005, 11:34 PM
if it ever does, because it seems it might, it might as well stay in japanese and be subbed so that kids can learn how to read if they are trully interested.

casue its wack when 4kids ruings the cartoons.

not to mention we will never see the Sexy no Jutsu or Harem no jutsu for that matter.

horus
01-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Praying like hell 4kids doesn't get it and screw it up hopes Adult Swim gets it just Like Full Metal Alchemist(it's actually good in america).

Krazykidpsx
01-02-2005, 11:44 PM
well ADV just shows the programs they dont license them.

licensers would be 4kids, ADV, Funimation [unless they became 4kids] (major ones)

currently 4kids owns, yugioh, pokemon, shaman king (which is still preaty good, not the best but decent), sonic x, etc..

alot of the major cartoons they have them under their belts.

so if anything hope its ADV. they will prolly do the best job out of anybody.

or just hope it becames subbed only. which would be better. then passed it on anime network.

itsumi
01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
well I really don't know who will dub it. I just hope that 4kids or any other horrible dubbing company gets their hands on it. And for those who don't know....Adult Swim is not a company that dubs anime. It shows the anime on there network but remember it is ADV Films, 4 Kids, Funimation and other companies that dub the animes for every one to watch.

Shisui-san
01-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Yes, I hope it is put on Adult Swin, so they wouldnt cut so much out. Such as some of the things that happened in the Forest of Death. Id be happy if ADV, or even Funimation licensed it, ADV had Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X which are both excellent anime, and Funimation had DBZ (well the Japanese was better but still), YYH (same), and Full Metal Alchemist, which is very good, and on Adult Swim. Dang, 4kids already ruined One Piece, Id hate to see what theyd do to Naruto...uhuhuhuh

kakashi_00x000
01-08-2005, 10:20 AM
as long as funimation or 4kids don't get it!

edit: i read that it's unlikly that who ever wrote that would be informed of naruto being lisenced before it was announced.

i heard it's likely it will be licensed in a year or two.

tHeNiNjA Fr0mNYc
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
i just hope that whatever company will licence naruto wont edit out some of the seens where theres alot of blood or whatever the over protective fcc will try to cut out. and get some better voice overs and not do the same crappy v.c work in other animes in the past.(P.S-i dont think that they will edit the scences where they show the harem no jutsu, of stuff like that cuz they will be cutting off a big chunk of the storyline, and alot of ppl will be like "HUH,WHAT just happened???")

byfuzzerabbit
01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
if they bring it here they will mess up naruto BIIIIGGGG TTTTIIIIMMMMEEEE I mean there will be naruto throwing flowers and everyone else will be planting flowers I mean look what they did to every other anime I mean ok DBZ nothing was changed but DBZ sucks

[Daisuke]
01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Licensing an anime does not mean they change the content. They get the rights to release it in the country they hold the license for. AFAIK noone holds the license to Naruto outside of Japan for the anime. the manga is being produced and translated I believe.

noxide
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
They better have good people for the voices if their gonna dubb it or its gonna suck

Hooded_Ninja
01-13-2005, 05:53 AM
They can't make it as good as the Japanese dub. That's for certain.

dexlimp
01-24-2005, 12:44 PM
if they declare it illegal, anime community fans will start a war. right?

Matonly1T
01-24-2005, 12:45 PM
i wish i knew for sure its getting annoying