PDA

View Full Version : Your suggestions for a good Naruto-like anime

Kage
01-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I discovered this series by chance while using the keyword "Ninja." What are your suggestions for a semi-serious, well-written anime like Naruto.

To me that means, no a High school setting, or too many goofy characters. Plot, story flow, excitement, highs and lows and emotion would be nice.

So far I have enjoyed-

Naruto (obviously)
Witch Hunter Robin
Ghost in the Shell (series/movies)
Ninja Scroll (series "Jubei"/movie)
Akira

What's your suggestion(s)?

-Kage

mo0nlight
01-04-2005, 03:20 AM
for me naruto is the best anime ever..iwatch so many anime but not like naruto naruto is the best the anime have many deffrents character's one so proud shy cool cute the anime is absoultly cool!!

crewshiukaz
01-04-2005, 03:22 AM
yeah..naruto is the coolest anime...kenshin rocks too..well kenshins not about ninjas but he kicks ass

kidistight
01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
yeah..naruto is the coolest anime...kenshin rocks too..well kenshins not about ninjas but he kicks ass
I second that Naruto is the best, I like other animes in other genres but all in all Naruto is a cut above the rest. I personally don't think Kenshin was all that great because of his no killing policy, so I would take Samurai Deeper Kyo over him.

nma
01-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Bleach and Beet the Vandel Buster are good animes too.

H_I
01-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I discovered this series by chance while using the keyword "Ninja." What are your suggestions for a semi-serious, well-written anime like Naruto.

To me that means, no a High school setting, or too many goofy characters. Plot, story flow, excitement, highs and lows and emotion would be nice.

So far I have enjoyed-

Naruto (obviously)
Witch Hunter Robin
Ghost in the Shell (series/movies)
Ninja Scroll (series "Jubei"/movie)
Akira

What's your suggestion(s)?

-Kage

If you really want to see i good anime, I recommend JUNNI KOKKI aka the 12 kingdoms. Great plot good charater development, and the animation is great. Here is a link that will explain whats it about.http://12ktp.inspirelight.net/

Also Ninja/Samurai animes here is a list
Legend of the hakken den=7 dog warriors
The Yotoden chronicles
rourouni Kenshin
Samurai deeper Kyo

And also check out Wolf's Rain

sabakunoGaara
01-04-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah ok naruto ofcourse...there is bleach...and samurai deeper kyo...witch hunter robin DEFINATELY recommended and escaflowne...but well that isnt ninja...and i say it again watch Fruits basket! its amazing
http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/narutotest/kakashi.jpg
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com (http://www.naruto-kun.com)

Black_Kyuubi
01-04-2005, 10:56 PM
An semi-Naruto like anime would have stary flow with a brief history of the stoy, highs and lows of emotions, strong main and secondary charators, a little bit of mistery along with the charators, and wild abilities!

Series that I like with that sort of description are:
Witch Hunter Robin
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Hellsing

Kage
01-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks all!

HYUGAA Gambit
01-08-2005, 12:55 AM
inuyasha is cool well at least shessomaru is

Yokio
01-08-2005, 01:07 AM
An anime that you might like is Flame of Recca.. I havent watched the anime yet.. but the manga is probally one of my favorates.. so is love hina.. and negima.. cough.. and get backers.. cough ...and tons of stuff :).. but it is really a good manga..

Kage
01-27-2005, 10:32 AM
So far I am enjoying Samurai Deeper Kyo, Kenshin, later episodes of Yu Yu, love Hina seems ok, low on action tho', but I have seen only one epi. Wolf's Rain is ok, harder to follow though. Hellsing is getting interesting, Full Metal is ok and of course the famous Japanese anime "Family Guy" is great, but the sword play is a bit slow! ;)

h4kk3
01-28-2005, 05:12 AM
Well, I like Naruto the anime, but I also like FMA, I cant choose between them, I like them both equally, well maybe Naruto a bit more.

Anto
01-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Anime with TOO MUCH BLOOD. That's what I suggest

Meteorain27
01-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Watch Trigun. You won't regret it. Tell you what, buy the whole box set; it's my second favorite anime.

kazu_chan
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
hunter x hunter
get backers
full metal alchemist
shaman king

thats about the i for the ones that r as good as naruto

H_I
01-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I personally think trigun sucks, but thats my opinion.**hides be4 all the childrencomment and throw rocks at me**Want a anime that is really gory
Black lion warrior or elfen lied.

abedin
01-29-2005, 02:05 AM
bleach and hellsing... but of course.. naruto is the best

sabakunoGaara
01-29-2005, 05:15 AM
i like Trigun its nice but i need to finish it...
but probably for me the strongest competition with naruto would be FullMetal Alchemist...i cant see anyone not liking it

abedin
01-29-2005, 11:22 PM
it's hard to get full metal alchemist after it got licensed.............

Kiarae
01-31-2005, 01:39 AM
-Fruits Basket (It's got the high school setting, but there's an excellent blend of humor and drama that cannot be overlooked)
-Yu Yu Hakusho (semi-high school based, but overall excellent. DBZish, only with WAY shorter fight scenes and better looking charas :D )
-Wolf's Rain <original Japanese> (even if you've seen it, see it again I've never regretted buying the entre series in Japanese)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (Yes, it's been put into mainstream now <remembers Inu-Yasha and Wolf's Rain>, but it's still good)
-Berserk (BLOOD!! AND VIOLENCE!!)
-Cowboy Bebop (a must, an absolute must for any Otaku)

Once you're through with those, there'll probably be another batch of aimes out there just waiting for ya!

Gemakai
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, my list is the same as Kiarae's

And besides, if there isn't any more animes...well...then...Watch these again!

drbazy1069
02-01-2005, 08:50 PM
i think that they should make a anime after naruto based on him as a grown up kinda like a rurouni kenshin type of anime that would be sweet