Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Debates Section (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   You all knew it was comming... ABORTION (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=11961)

«Artos» 01-04-2006 11:53 AM

You all knew it was comming... ABORTION

I think its wrong because, although many would argue that a fetus is techically and legally not alive (not like i would care if the law says its alive or not), Your taking the life of a child before its even started. And its not humaine either, most abortions involve cutting the baby into pieces, and remember, this is at a stage where its nervous system is almost fully developed, so it DOES feel pain.

OG 01-04-2006 12:10 PM

lol....i knew it.....i'll wait for others to respond before taking a side....
but i'll throw in...

morals?..........

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 12:19 PM

I'm pro-choice women should have a right to choose. If the woman was unable to care for the child due to financial problems what kind of life would that be for the child? Plus nowadays theres a new machine or something <dunno what it is called> which can see if your child is going to be mentally retarded or not, and guess what <i dont the name> but theres a group who wants to stop that from happening because it wouldnt be in the best interests for the already retarded. Can you believe that? <Mainly because of financial probems the group would suffer if there werent any retards> do you know what kind of life the mentally defunct live? unless your in a big family usually after the parents die the kid is sent to some hospital where they are mistreated constantly. If i was a women i wouldnt want the kid and i doubt any woman would. All the kid wold be is a big drain on your money with no reward. With a regular kid they reward you with accomplishments in life.

corbenk 01-04-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matonly1T
I'm pro-choice women should have a right to choose. If the woman was unable to care for the child due to financial problems what kind of life would that be for the child? Plus nowadays theres a new machine or something <dunno what it is called> which can see if your child is going to be mentally retarded or not, and guess what <i dont the name> but theres a group who wants to stop that from happening because it wouldnt be in the best interests for the already retarded. Can you believe that? <Mainly because of financial probems the group would suffer if there werent any retards> do you know what kind of life the mentally defunct live? unless your in a big family usually after the parents die the kid is sent to some hospital where they are mistreated constantly. If i was a women i wouldnt want the kid and i doubt any woman would. All the kid wold be is a big drain on your money with no reward. With a regular kid they reward you with accomplishments in life.

Wow, that is like saying we should abort all jewish people so they don't have to suffer discrimination. I am all for choices, but i believe you should make them for yourself. I am anti-abortiong.

On the other hand, I believe that you should have the freedom to choose when you die, if you want to commit suicide, you should be able to. I mean, it is YOUR LIFE. Now, if you tried to take someone else with you against their will, then I'd be against it

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbenk
Wow, that is like saying we should abort all jewish people so they don't have to suffer discrimination. I am all for choices, but i believe you should make them for yourself. I am anti-abortiong.

On the other hand, I believe that you should have the freedom to choose when you die, if you want to commit suicide, you should be able to. I mean, it is YOUR LIFE. Now, if you tried to take someone else with you against their will, then I'd be against it

First of all i am jewish >were not inbreds = =< (i agree with you on your second paragraph)

Where the hell did discrimination come from? Infact most of jewish community is able to take care of the retarded due to the big families.

Discrimination

n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

corbenk 01-04-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

First of all i am jewish >were not inbreds = =< (i agree with you on your second paragraph)

Where the hell did discrimination come from? Infact most of jewish community is able to take care of the retarded due to the big families.

Discrimination

n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

Good, we know you can use a dictionary now.

You claimed you should abort a retard because their lives end up terrible because of going to some home or shit after their parents die. How is that any different that saying we should abort all jewish people or some other race or group of people because they might receive discriminative remarks, be bullied, be excluded ect.. That is a crappy life to live, just as living in a mental facility is, but killing the child before it is alive is not the answer.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV 01-04-2006 02:01 PM

I'm anti-abortion... bet you think I was for it didn't you? But if the child has an un-curabile illness then I think that abortion is the only choise.

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 02:03 PM

It has nothing to do with discrimination, would you want a mentally retarded kid? Its not discrimative. How is keeping these people from being born a wrong thing to do? some are in constant pain all their lives. Plus its not a child its a fetus

Fetus

n : an unborn or unhatched vertebrate in the later stages of development showing the main recognizable features of the mature animal

Child

n 1: a young person of either sex

and yes i can use a dictionary thanks for noticing

A fetus isnt a person its not Sentient

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makoto_Duke_War_IV
I'm anti-abortion... bet you think I was for it didn't you? But if the child has an un-curabile illness then I think that abortion is the only choise.

If you had a choice when having a kid would you want a healthy boy or girl? or a mentally retard kid?

corbenk 01-04-2006 02:05 PM

Would I want a retarded kid? I wouldn't care what he was. He would be my child, he would be my life, I would love him no matter what he was. Besides, I'm sure, with the hardships he'd face, he'd tun out a much better person than anyone "normal" would.

So your not killing a child, but your still killing some one, some thing.

Your right though, women should have the choice, though i am against, I believe that it should be an option.

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 02:09 PM

oh i see,

1. special treatment
2. special schools
3. special bus
4. special doctors

special doesnt = normal

thats right "thing" not one

you wouldnt be able to truly take care of him unless

1. Your more than finacially secure
2. The government doesnt take him/her away forcefully

Makoto_Duke_War_IV 01-04-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

If you had a choice when having a kid would you want a healthy boy or girl? or a mentally retard kid?

Yes I would want a metally retarded child but if that child is born with out skin or skin that falls off from every bump, then I don't want them to live in pain.

Corbenks a woman?

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Yes I would want a metally retarded child but if that child is born with out skin or skin that falls off from every bump, then I don't want them to live in pain.

Corbenks a woman?

no i believe hes a "he" i was asking him as if he was a woman

corbenk 01-04-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Corbenks a woman?

No, but see, when he said want a child, I assumed being a parent would be having the child.

Mat, I plan to be a psychologist so for me, I guess I'd be slightly more finically secure. And if am perfectly fit to have a mentally retarded person as a child, by law, they gov. could not take him or her away.

Makoto_Duke_War_IV 01-04-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

no i believe hes a "he" i was asking him as if he was a woman

Sorry, I've been confused about corbenk's sex for the longest time

Matonly1T 01-04-2006 02:17 PM

well good luck to your job, its all word of mouth. Much luck with getting customers. <i dont believe in psychology> it screwed my dad up, prozac made him a living zombie.