Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Debates Section (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Should Parents Whip of beat their misbehaving Children? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=13495)

sheik 02-15-2006 06:24 AM

Should Parents Whip of beat their misbehaving Children?

Since I am bored of sexually issues as a result of unresponsible people or giving gays their freedom they deserve and I decided to do this.

Do you think it is appropriate for parents to whip their children?

I remember when I way little like 7, I ran away my mom pulled my pants down and all that was showing was my ninja turtle underwear. She pulled out her switch which was a braided phone cord and she beat me with it until my butt was purple.

I never ran away from home again!!!!!!!!!!:D

DO you think parents should whip or beat kids or give them a time out? Or do you think parents should take their children's stuff away?

Jaxon 02-15-2006 06:41 AM

Christ, it's time for a "let's maul another sensitive issue" debate, sponsored by Shiek Inc.
Children should never be hit. You wouldn't hit your teeenager if they did something wrong. If you did, it'd be considered domestic violence. And that, as we all know, is a bad thing. You're hitting them for a practical reason, for your own benefit usually, as it makes them shut up. This is along the same lines as the stuff we do to animals in battery farms. Well, in the loosest sense, but a connection is still there, I just can't put it in words.

Shikamaru_IQ 02-15-2006 07:08 AM

Hell yes they should!!!
If they dont u get spoiled and if you do bad thing they should kick your ass.
I used to get beat down by da belt but not since i was 13. (16 now)
Parentz usally hit me when i was younger because i was talkin 24/7 hiting my brother saying cursec lol.
And a bunch of slaps them that was the last time i did that lol.

saskatu 02-15-2006 07:13 AM

i dont agree with beating them but if they did somthing bad them you should but give them like 3 chances to be good then if they brake those chances thne get the belt

fieldscarcrow 02-15-2006 07:22 AM

I think kids should not be hit or mistreated like that at all,im one of those people that thing reward is the best way.If you give a kid a beating,he may not do it agan but he'll be hurt on a more deep level,starting to loose himself,hate you,and feel like you dont like him/her.But if you reward them when they have done somthing right then they would want to do good things more and start to love you. As superficial as that may be,I rather my kid loves me for my money rather hate me for my hands

kakashi1300 02-15-2006 07:39 AM

damn! beat your kids with a whip? that's too much! and it has been proven that beating your kids will only worsen the situation. we have laws here prohibiting that.

saskatu 02-15-2006 07:41 AM

well that is true but my half little bother he get whip gets punched he get attacked by his father all the time but he doesnt get a reward for being good
(this is famliy busniess but i just wanted to tell you the small thing that ppl
some of the ppl dont get rewards for being good)

planetshaker 02-15-2006 08:28 AM

i think they should so the their children would't be spoiled but not with a whip of course!!!!

sheik 02-15-2006 06:02 PM

Sometimes I feel like some kids need to get whipped.

I remember a while ago when I was in middle school, I saw this kid crying and cursing at his mom. Saying stuff like " I WANT THE TOY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! F**K YOU!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

his mom just said

"YOU DO NOT SAY THOSE KINDS OF WORDS!!!!!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO GET A TIME OUT WHEN YOU GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!"

My mom was with me and she said she would have beat the kid.

I think it is okay to whip kids on the butt but not punch them or hit them any where else.

saskatu 02-15-2006 06:33 PM

where the heck would you get a whip just use a stinkin belt

typhoon_4434 02-15-2006 06:36 PM

Hitting is bad, bad is bad, so no hitting.

Well I'm a pacifist so I disapprove of these things.

MrPwnzerz 02-15-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxon
Christ, it's time for a "let's maul another sensitive issue" debate, sponsored by Shiek Inc.

Stop making debates related to something that's happened to you in life. It's really annoying. It reminds me of kids I used to know that JUST HAD to draw attention to themselves. You don't even debate your own topics, you just say idiotic things.

DarkAztek 02-15-2006 07:30 PM

Okay... First off, you've got a biased poll. That won't yield any good results.

Secondly, corporeal punishment is a bad idea. In fact, any aversive behavior training is a bad idea. A) You are harming your kid, so why would you want to do that anyway? B) According to studies, it can cause just the opposite in behavior and have bad effects on the child's mental state. C) According to the leading behaviorists in both child psychology and behaviorism (Google BF Skinner if you want to know more) shows that positive reinforcement works better than aversive punishment and has a negligible chance of causing any kind of mental instability.

People who say that they want to be able to hit their kids either have violent tendencies (most likely from being hit as a kid themselves) or think that because they got hit as a kid, they have the right to do it to theirs.

Loz_The_Riotous 02-15-2006 11:26 PM

I say the beat down, not in actuality a beat down but a spanking an what not. Why because thats how I was punished, my sister wasn't. She's a rebellious teenager, constantly going out drinking and dating 20 year olds, at the age of 14, me on the other hand am 17 and have done neither of the above, why I choose to say harsh punishment. Thats just me tho.

DarkAztek 02-15-2006 11:28 PM

Thank you for proving my point exactly Loz. "Well my parents did it to me, so I should be able to do it to them."

Do you really want to HIT your child when other forms of punishment and behavior modification training work even BETTER than smacking 'em?