Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chapter 298 discussion (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=14286)

<DaNTe> 03-09-2006 10:02 AM

Chapter 298 discussion

RAW:
http://rapidshare.de/files/15062919/...Q_RAW.zip.html

Credit to Kon of Mangahelpers.

PAGE 1
Yamato's bunshin witnesses Sai's betrayal!
yamato: he was prepared at least since the hot springs, but...
yamato: well, i guess it's okay. i'll follow them like this.
yamato: no matter how you look at it, pursuit is the best option.
unknown: btw, what of sai?
naruto: (the bridge..)
yamato: as for sai, he's currently on the move w/ orochimaru.

PAGE 2
naruto: what?
sakura: what does this mean?..
yamato: you two follow me.
(team 7 arrives at the battleground)
naruto: the ground's still soft (here)
naruto: and the bridge is broken... all this destruction... what the hell happened?

PAGE 3
yamato: you dont remember?
yamato(think): just as jiraiya said
naruto: now that you mention it, why was i unconscious?

PAGE 4
sakura: orochimaru knocked you out...
naruto: so thats it... damn it

PAGE 5
sakura: sai's belongings are scattered about.
yamato: that he would leave the things he dropped...was even that (emotionless) guy tense before orochimaru, i wonder...
sakura: you know what happened, right?
yamato: yeah b/c w/ this wireless radio (here) i've been in contact w/ my mokubunshin that, up till now, had been stationed here...
sakura: did something happen to sai?
yamato: sai, after exchanging words w/ orochimaru, left following orochimaru & kabuto..
naruto: what does this mean?

PAGE 6
sakura: the subject?
yamato: looks like the conversation was too far away and couldnt be heard...
naruto: i wonder what were they talking about?
sakura: Could he have been threatened into going with them?
yamato: no..it didnt seem that way.. he approached orochimaru himself to hand him something.. as though if it were in order to team up w/ orochimaru..
naruto: wai.. wait a minute! no matter how much of an asshole he was, the idea that he would betray us..
sakura: no.. there is a chance..

PAGE 7
fb tsunade: he is the man that long ago contested the late sarutobi-sensei for the position of sandaime hokage.
fb tsunade: unlike the 3rd, he is an unwavering rationale thinker. an unbending leader of the militaristic hard-line faction and sai's superior.
fb tsunade: he despises i who am the granddtr of shodai hokage and who was taught by the 3rd, a moderate.

PAGE 8
sakura: yamato-taichou. you know about the man known as danzou..
yamato: i do.. he was the 'hawk' that opposed sandaime hokage..
naruto: so who is this guy?
sakura: sai's superior.. an old man who has a low opinion of the 3rd's will
yamato: using sai, danzou may be up to something..
yamato: there's a chance that danzou may have ordered sai to carry out a secret mission outside that of the teams'.

PAGE 9
naruto: then sai, instead of our mission, was working on accomplishing a completely different mission!?
sakura: i see..
yamato: this is just a hunch, nevertheless, thinking the unthinkable, brace yourselves and listen.
yamato: danzou may want to destroy (the current version of) konoha..

PAGE 10
naruto: eh?
yamato: he could be thinking of conspiring w/ orochimaru to have him attack konoha again in order to overthrow tsunade from the position of hokage
sakura: after the collapse of the (current) order/structure, he can build the village to (reflect) his ideals
sakura: to set the (outside) stage for a second chance of being hokage...!
yamato: the reason danzou has started to move now is mght be that he saw orochimaru's failed attack on konoha last time and
thought that at this point negotiations w/ orochimaru would go smoothly
naruto: ..no..no way... then sai's secret mission is...
sakura: could be to get in good w/ orochimaru and become a mediator for danzou...

PAGE 11
kabuto: orochimaru-sama
oro: i know (already)... we are being tailed
kabuto: are we simply being tailed or is it "glue" (to sai)...
kabuto: what should we do?

PAGE 12
oro: either way, one corpse might be necessary... right, kabuto?
yamato: the way things are, we probably will have to deal with sai
yamato: right now, my bunshin is pursuing them but we dont know what might happen...

PAGE 13:
yamato: we'll be going after them immediately!
naruto: all right! let's g... ...!?
naruto(think): huh..?
sakura: naruto!?
sakura: naruto, are you okay!?
sakura(think): he still hasn't recovered from the previous damage...

PAGE 14
sakura: indeed, i understand the sooner (we chase) the better, but if naruto's in this condition...
yamato: if that's the case, we'll leave naruto here and go
yamato: he should have enough strength to return to the village by himself
sakura: if it were kakashi sensei, he would never say it like...
naruto: b/c it's me... i'm okay...... i can go..!
yamato: i've been teamed up w/ kakashi while in ANBU... i know what kind of person he is

PAGE 15
yamato: indeed, i am kakashi's replacement
yamato: but i am different from him
yamato: saying "i wont let you guys be hurt".. i'm sorry, but dont make me laugh
yamato: you guys are no longer beginner ninja who need to be protected and
yamato: at any rate, you guys need to surpass kakashi and become ninjas that can carry the village on their shoulders.
yamato: compassion and "being taken care of" are not the same.
yamato: if we dont pursue him now, we'll never get a 2nd chance to catch him.
yamato: if we hesitated here, it'd be the end.
yamato: there wont be a 2nd chance to face orochimaru..
naruto: sakura-chan...

PAGE 16
sakura: ...yeah
yamato: that is (sai)!

As we thought. Danzou is trying to destroy Konoha. That would explain why Orochimaru quickly retreated with Sai. To prepare another invasion this time with Sasuke's body.:eek:

Also dnt get me wrong but it looks like Sai is dead already. Could also be a bunshin or a trap. Interesting chapter overall. would love to know what Orochimaru and Kabuto are talking about.

Discuss.

OG 03-09-2006 11:14 AM

sai isn't dead....physically anyways..i think its to stop the bunshin in it's tracks for a while...the look on orochimaru...he looks happy?!?......though with evil thoughts:/....

<DaNTe> 03-09-2006 11:17 AM

Yeah, after i read the translation seems like he isnt. Looks like another invasion is possible. Can't wait for the next chapter. Should be more interesting than this.

Also notice how they are going to leave Naruto by himself to go back to Konoha? Perfect scenario for Akatsuki to step in and kidnap him.

OG 03-09-2006 11:23 AM

i know!!!!!lmao.......i guess he thought he could take care of himself...if they got a hold of him all hurt....it could spell...no it would mean the end of konoha...orochimaru would just sit back and watch it happen....though oro also doesnt want akatsuki to succeed in doing so...this chapter wasnt so great for me....sai betrays them...no surprise...only thing that caught my attention was the look on orochimaru....evilicious:D...though seeing "sai" hang himself was entertaining....

sabakunoGaara 03-09-2006 11:30 AM

yea btw, thats seriously more or less handing him over if another Akatsuki arrives. Another invasion...hmm...that cant be good lol.
I feel bad for Naruto not remebering anything seriously... Poor guy.
I want to see Kakashi soon btw, its been a long time...
no Sasuke i see...*glare*

OG 03-09-2006 11:39 AM

lol...yeah kakashi has yet to make his appearance once again...another war on konoha...i kinda doubt seeing as how they "figured" out his plans...they could just tell tsunade to prepare beforehand... :/

sabakunoGaara 03-09-2006 11:43 AM

well it many not successfully work out, but actually there might be another attempt...who knows?
Im more interested in the present right now though, whats going to happen. Is Naruto going to return safetly? Are they going to keep following Sai and the rest, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IS SASUKE GOING TO SHOW UP!? lol.
I can already SEE the posts from now from ppl like Edge specially how this is going to be his favourite part bcoz Sai appears to be dead haha...seriously i can see it already

OG 03-09-2006 11:45 AM

lmao...most people will love that scene^^;........

sabakunoGaara 03-09-2006 11:54 AM

sigh...yes poor sai.

OG 03-09-2006 12:00 PM

though i wonder why sai picked up his art set >.< but not the personal items he dropped from kabuto's attack...maybe they'll learn more of sai from itO.o....

aoiroke 03-09-2006 12:17 PM

"oro: either way, one corpse might be necessary... right, kabuto?"
Even though Oro was looking at Sai, the way he addressed Kabuto freaked me out. O_o
Also, I think Sai has never looked better. That kind of version of a 'tie' really suits him.
I'm currently pissed at the way Yamato is turning out to be. No one says anything like that about Kakashi.

tyrese 03-09-2006 12:44 PM

Naruto is finally goin down, akatsuki come for his ass, yamato and sakura in trouble

Edge 03-09-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
I can already SEE the posts from now from ppl like Edge specially how this is going to be his favourite part bcoz Sai appears to be dead haha...seriously i can see it already

Sai could finally be dead, please let yamato be too late to save him.

kidistight 03-09-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by <DaNTe>
Yeah, after i read the translation seems like he isnt. Looks like another invasion is possible. Can't wait for the next chapter. Should be more interesting than this.

Also notice how they are going to leave Naruto by himself to go back to Konoha? Perfect scenario for Akatsuki to step in and kidnap him.

Yeah tell me about it, kind of weird for him to do that especially if he knows who might be after him. Do they really think having sai hanging like that is supposed to fool someone, when have we ever seen someone hung to death. Yamato has to know it is a trap and to just stay as far away as possible so that he doesn't trigger some possible traps around Sai's body.
Quote:

Originally Posted by aoiroke
No one says anything like that about Kakashi.

What did he say bad about Kakashi? He only said that they are no longer little kid ninjas that Naruto and the rest of the gang need to step up and take some more responsibility for the villages well being. Another thing does Yamato actually think he can beat Oro, Kabuto, and Sai with just Sakura's help.

MrPwnzerz 03-09-2006 03:11 PM

Lol...unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that Sai is dead. For one, he can't compare to Oro...but he'd still put up a small fight. In other words, his clothes would be messed up and torn up...he's completely unscathed...

Also....
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidistight
Another thing does Yamato actually think he can beat Oro, Kabuto, and Sai with just Sakura's help.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when i read that...I was serious rofl'ing.