Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Should cars with hazardous gases be banned from certain countries? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=14865)

KoNg 03-24-2006 01:54 AM

Should cars with hazardous gases be banned from certain countries?

Well, this came to me when I wanted a Nissan Skyline when I came of age to get a car, and in the USA I think certain cars are banned for the certain gases that come from the exhaust pipe.( If it's not that then what are they banned for correct me please). Even though the cars are legal in some countries, should they be banned in some because it's still harming the environment.

Shino 03-24-2006 02:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, all cars that burn gasoline produce harmful exaughst to both the environment and living things...Sooo, from what your saying, ALL vehicles that dont burn hydrogen, corn oil, or any other safe form of fuel should be banned from certian countries. Let me just say this, they have been around since early 1900's, theyre not just gonna ban them out of blue any time soon.

Dont get me wrong, I agree that they are making things worse environment wise and that we're gonna run out our natural resources quickly, but the simple fact of the matter is that its convenient and relatively cheap...meaning nothings gonna change for quite some time.

nelsonkong 03-24-2006 02:18 AM

I wonder when we can have cars that burn corn oil, hydrogen and stuff...i read in the newspaper before that someone has already done the research and there is this car somewhere...but...the price of it...is soooo ridiculous.

So, what is this to debate for? It is certain a no, better don't allow that...but can we afford to?

P/s: Shino, I will move this to general talk/chit chat...if you think it is a debate...then put it back. XD

Shino 03-24-2006 02:29 AM

Actually, nelson, there are lots of cars that use corn oil, hydrogen, and electricty; with electric cars being more common, the cost is abit higher than the average car but I'm not certian on that.

nelsonkong 03-24-2006 02:34 AM

i know there is some cars using hydrogen...almost all the taxi here are on that...electricity...umm...don't think so in Malaysia....maybe in US or Europe...but corn oil...never heard of it.

Extrusion`Neji 03-24-2006 03:11 AM

Ya , never heard about it . But hybrid car is very expensive , is electric car call hybrid car ?? Im weak at this stuff , correct me if im wrong

OG 03-24-2006 10:47 AM

yeah...a lot of people are starting to drive hybrids...the most popular in the U.S. seem to be the toyota prius......though that may have changed seeing as how competitors are coming up with thier own hybrids as well......but yeah I've heard of cars running on different types of other resources...

itachi_11 03-25-2006 12:33 AM

Ya there are hybrids but as for corn oil, I don't know about the US but Pioneer in Canada puts corn oil in their gasoline so it burns cleaner. The new type of car now though are cars that use fuel cells ford is in the test period right now and so are some other companies. but as stated earlier the price for these cars are not for the average consumer because currently they cost somewhere in the six figure market

Extrusion`Neji 03-25-2006 07:30 AM

But they are still cleaner , it would be nice if they drop their price .
Then at least the earth will suffers less

Nuerhachi Niru 03-30-2006 03:54 PM

I don't know if they could do anything about the pollution from cars but a good option is to make huge air purifiers across the country to clean the air. Like the ones they advertise on t.v but just bigger