Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   One Piece 649 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=158559)

Buck09 12-07-2011 09:02 AM

One Piece 649

Was surprised it wasnt up yet, havent read myself so ill post for you guys.

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/649

And just read it, and wow I was happy to get some info on ' Joy Boy', he seems like he could be extremely interesting, think he might have met Roger at some point ?

Also we finally found out about one of the Ancient Weapons, was a cool twist.

uzumakinagato 12-07-2011 10:17 AM

Re: One Piece 649

Yeah, i thought that jimbei was gonna decline, well for now at least.

He will reappear at a crucial moment and then become a member, seems really obvious.

Btw this is how you do a party, Hiro Mashima lol

Still would prefer if Oda would just move on with the story.

Dagoro 12-07-2011 10:31 AM

I'm ok with Jinbei's decision. The dynamic of the SHs will remain intact now, but I like how Luffy is gathering allies with each voyage. The Kuja pirates, the rolling pirates, Elbaf will probably also be an ally since Luffy helped Brogy and Grogy and that giant in the human auction house.

And now he has a friend in the form of Shirahoshi and FMI, and she is an ancient weapon to boot. When the future wars come into play all these connections will come in handy. As Mihawk said during the war, Luffy's most terrifying ability is getting others to stand by him.

Does anyone else see Shirahoshi joining the SHs ?

Otohime said that a person would come who would guide her to the right path, and the right way to use her power. She will also need protection, which Luffy has provided since they met.

Gakure 12-07-2011 10:47 AM

LOL at Neptune thinking robin was gonna use seduction jutsu on him, and I thought the blank ages were 400 years. Where is this 100 years coming from. All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon. Does the WG know of this.

There shd be more to this power than just being able to call sea kings.

Nice chapt

Numinous 12-07-2011 10:49 AM

To add to what has already been said, Maria Napole is quite the easter egg. Did you know that Maria Callas' first recorded performance was in Napoli?!

Oh Oda, you and your sneaky references...

Dagoro 12-07-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Where is this 100 years coming from
Poor translation.

Quote:

All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon
I actually like the fact that Poseidon is not a physical weapon but an inherited ability. It makes you think about what this power can do, when Pluton, the power that was designed to counter Poseidon, can erase an entire island with a single blast.

Quote:

To add to what has already been said, Maria Napole is quite the easter egg. Did you know that Maria Callas' first recorded performance was in Napoli?!

Oh Oda, you and your sneaky references...
Interesting info.

Buck09 12-07-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2056404)
I'm ok with Jinbei's decision. The dynamic of the SHs will remain intact now, but I like how Luffy is gathering allies with each voyage. The Kuja pirates, the rolling pirates, Elbaf will probably also be an ally since Luffy helped Brogy and Grogy and that giant in the human auction house.

And now he has a friend in the form of Shirahoshi and FMI, and she is an ancient weapon to boot. When the future wars come into play all these connections will come in handy. As Mihawk said during the war, Luffy's most terrifying ability is getting others to stand by him.

Does anyone else see Shirahoshi joining the SHs ?

Otohime said that a person would come who would guide her to the right path, and the right way to use her power. She will also need protection, which Luffy has provided since they met.

I agree on the point about gathering allies, it makes me think that Blackbeard might take a page from WB and form his own crew made up of Division commanders and when the story finally comes to the end for One Piece we will have Team Straw Hat with all his allies competeing again BB fleet.

I dont know if you forgot or just chose not to include them but remember he would have the Nakama Kingdom to back him up to, Iva san has been through alot with him and even met Sanji so I would count him on his list of allies.

I dont see Shirahoshi will join the crew, but do a 'Jinbei' os to speak and say that she will meet him in the near future, but again back to my previous point she would play a very powerful role if Luffy and his allies did need to go against BB or heck even the Government.

I know you quoted Hawk Eyes comment on his ability to have everybody side with him, but I think there is a line between allies and crewmates sadly.

I did think though thats them just about to head out, what do you think the possibilites of Hachi coming along with them to New World are I mean he was no the ship as they were setting out ?

Dagoro 12-07-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

I dont know if you forgot or just chose not to include them but remember he would have the Nakama Kingdom to back him up to, Iva san has been through alot with him and even met Sanji so I would count him on his list of allies.
There are many more, but I was just giving a few examples.

Quote:

I know you quoted Hawk Eyes comment on his ability to have everybody side with him, but I think there is a line between allies and crewmates sadly.
That comment had nothing to do with the prospect of Shirahoshi joining.

Quote:

I did think though thats them just about to head out, what do you think the possibilites of Hachi coming along with them to New World are I mean he was no the ship as they were setting out ?
Were you on something when you wrote this ?

Heavens.

And no, Hacchi will not join. He had his time to shine during the SA arc, but was given very little panel time in this one. That indicates that he will not be joining, and on top of it all he is injured, and therefore would be useless to the SHs.

Edit: MS version is out and it is so much better.
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/6
And damn, what a badass coloring of Brook's new slash attack
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/26812784/22

ronnie_10 12-07-2011 06:48 PM

Well the most interesting point in the manga I tht was the mention of Joyboy. He has to be some sort of ancestor to the D people.
The will of the D must be this mission of joyboy involving noah and poseidon and obviously the climax of this manga. Even the (fabled) name Joyboy generally fits the description of all the seen Ds, except ofcourse Dragon and to some extent BB.
Interesting.. these few panels with robin and king was the whole point of this arc.
Salute to your genious.. Oda!

ask me anything 12-07-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gakure (Post 2056430)
I thought the blank ages were 400 years. Where is this 100 years coming from.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World_Timeline

The Void Century started 902 years ago and lasted for 100. Thus the reason they called it the void century.

Quote:

All these while I was thinking of a ship or an inanimate object to be the weapon. Does the WG know of this.
I'm pretty sure they do, since they were the one's who destroyed all knowledge about what happened from the public. I'm sure they kept a record for themselves. They probably thought the power of Poseidon has been lost, so they weren't all that worried about FMI. When they find out the power has resurfaced, it could cause a huge uproar. The World Government is sure to freak out over it.

Dagoro 12-07-2011 08:38 PM

Imagine what would happen if the WG found out about the weather balls in weatheria. Haredas said that in the wrong hands it could drop the world into termoil, and If I recall they have a lot of those lol.

The tech in OP is really interesting, imagine what Vegapunk will have in his nerd cave.

Senkradlol 12-08-2011 01:10 AM

Hey I'm curious if you guys are looking forward to any new DF powers in the New world, have any in mind you would like to see?

Spiegel 12-08-2011 01:01 PM

More mythical zoan types like Marco, 1st commander of the White Beard pirates.

Dagoro 12-08-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

More mythical zoan types like Marco
I want that as well. A water logia would also be interesting, just to see if the dynamics would be the same in regards to the water weakness.

uzumakinagato 12-08-2011 01:29 PM

NEW WORLD !!!! LET'S GOOOOO !!
This might become one of the greatest shit ever, don't shit your pants too much and enjoy it for the next 10 years.