Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Realistic Graphics in video games, problem? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=17526)

LittleAtari 06-25-2006 03:39 AM

Realistic Graphics in video games, problem?

A couple of years back when Final Fantasy X came out and then Resident Evil (for the game cube) i was syked to see such awesome graphics in video games, but recently with the new systems comming out, I've been starting to think...Do i want video games to look like real life? Think about it for a moment. At first we're like hell yea better graphics is always better, but don't you feel that once they start makin all video games look real it'll be like, watever? Will video games lose that special air around them that says, "New word"? I mean we already are starting to see in game advertising, will be start seeing: The Legend of Zelda, starring, Orlando Bloom; Tomb Raider, starring, Angelina Jolie; Final Fantasy 14 , starring, Elijah Wood?

I always like video games b/c they we're unique. To me i've always collected my knowledge from different things and video games went under a separate catagory b/c they were different.

I don't no, tell me what you guys think.

Ronen 07-08-2006 10:13 PM

Re: Realistic Graphics in video games, problem?

Hmm what you say is very true, but I think as long as there are unique stories to tell and awsome gaming it won't matter what the graphics are, good or bad.

Matonly1T 07-08-2006 10:31 PM

all is lost when a movie and a video game are the samething, I mean these days all the movies that come out are lousy or rehashes = = and movies based on video games and vice versa.

Ninja48 07-08-2006 10:47 PM

Eh? Playable movies wouldn't be so bad. Besides, the game creators wouldn't have to take an actor and make their characters face based off of them. They would just model the characters face with their imagination.

kazu_chan 07-08-2006 11:17 PM

True that a game gets ruined when a movie gets out abt it, espicially when real actors act in it but hey to me a game, a rpg game is all abt the story and it doesn't matter whos plays the parts, as long as the story is orignal and interesting.
But I got to say I don't think starring anyone will be happening anytime soon or ever. I mean think about it, these problems that we are looking at now are the same opinions of most gamers aroudn the world and I think the game producers would think abt that before makign any changes.

Miburo 07-09-2006 06:35 PM

I don't think there's much to worry about. I have no doubt that you'll still be busting out Thundaga IIIs on your monster-like foes a few years from now. Except it's just going to look a lot nicer and your character will look like a real person.

Jaxon 07-09-2006 07:09 PM

Playable movies? Meh, we've had those since MGS came out.

Ninja48 07-09-2006 07:28 PM

^Lol, true. But I meant that it would look like a movie (or, really realistic) cept you could play it. And still, MGS4 is around there :P

uchiha`itachi 07-10-2006 12:09 AM

me personally i don't like it wen ppl make movies of a game i jsut don't like it. doom a stupid movie is was suppose to resemble doom 3 it sorta didn't come close to it. then. tomb raider it was descent. but orlando bloom playing as link and FF14 staring elijah wood dear gosh i will barf to see that. i perfer on the console better

taelmx 07-10-2006 12:30 AM

The video gmae industry has been making crap lke real life from the beginning, with titles such as ET, and the GB games that were based on movies. There will always be new worlds in gaming, because cloning the real world would be just boring now wouldn't it? In the future we will be seeing video games which are like the matrix, except that it won't be just the same old world, it will be a totally new world, and I don't think the would allow as high of a pain frequency to induce vomiting blood or dieing. It will be fun.

xXmagnesiumXx 07-10-2006 01:41 AM

looking real is ok. just as long they also keep some fantasy like atmosphere. like keep it all looking like kingdom hearts. luved the graphics in that.

inosaka 07-10-2006 03:12 AM

some games would be pretty cool with real life graphics nad yet some will look plain stupid

Crazy_Fox 07-12-2006 11:33 PM

i like the totally awesome graphics but maybe they're too good Killzone 2 was banned temporaily for being too realistic but when they found out all games are going to start being that real they let it go so it can be good or bad i guess