Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dirty Chinese Food? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=17850)

GaaraOfTheDeathSand 07-04-2006 12:03 AM

Dirty Chinese Food?

well i dont know where this should go so dont yell at me...
okay my friend told me that his uncle said that some chinese food restaurants use dogs and cats as their meat... when the inspectors come in to check their food they use chicken but anytime they can get away with it they use cats or dogs.... i wana know do u think this is true? im not trying to say that the chineses' ways are disguisting but this is what i heard

The Assassins Curse 07-04-2006 12:05 AM

Re: Dirty Chinese Food?

....Cat and dog meat....That is not right....I'm never eating chinese again *goes back to hell*

ShinobiKnight 07-04-2006 12:08 AM

Real Chinese people do, but only because their country is so full meat is more scarce than in other countries. As for Chinese resteraunts doing that, lots of people discriminate against the Chinese. I wouldn't be surprised if some racist started that rumor.

nelsonkong 07-04-2006 12:09 AM

no way...never come across this...oh well in Malaysia...but cat and dog meat taste differently from chicken tho...not easy to get away with it.

In china...it is actually legal to eat dog and cat, so, don't think people will be trying to substitute chicken with them. And in other countries...it is almost impossible...i bet chicken meat are much more cheaper than getting those...

So, it is a no way. Kicks that stupid who said that.

GaaraOfTheDeathSand 07-04-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight
Real Chinese people do, but only because their country is so full meat is more scarce than in other countries. As for Chinese resteraunts doing that, lots of people discriminate against the Chinese. I wouldn't be surprised if some racist started that rumor.

well my friend said that his uncle went to china and they showed how they make chinese and they sometimes use cat/dog meat... maybe he started to think that chinese food restaurants in other countries do that... personally i dont believe him but they did say on the news that ONE chinese restaurant tried to do that and they used ALOT of sauce to cover the taste but its still only one

nelson@ i agree with u... maybe his uncle just tried drawing attention and tried to make himself feel smart or he just hates chinese and wants others to hate it too

nelsonkong 07-04-2006 12:38 AM

i heard of plenty dirty/strange "food" stories...but never heard of substituting chiken with cats or dogs..@.@...lol

typhoon_4434 07-04-2006 12:58 AM

sounds stupid

why would they waste more money on dogs and cats
I mean really, completely stupid.

I also concur with Nelson

Oishi-desu 07-04-2006 01:06 AM

Yes, yes why don't we all go out and buy dogs and cats and butcher em, much better than chickens eh? pfft who in their right mind would roast a dog...or a cat

shadowclone 07-04-2006 01:18 AM

Well i've to alot of chinese restaurans and what never saw dog or cat on the menu. The ignorance of some people -_-. Anywho, i like to generally sample a little of everything. I like salt and pepper squid, steamed chineese brocoli....damn now i want chinese food >_< =P

Azumi 07-04-2006 06:20 AM

err... i havent tried chinese foods (only noodles and siopao)

but it was a great issue here before that some restos were using cat meat in siopao... *eewww*

_hinata_ 07-04-2006 09:04 AM

Naw, sometimes they dont tell you that you're eating cats' or dogs' meat.. o.O;; But yeah, not so much in Malaysia or Singapore, but more in China because there's not enough supply to feed every person living there. Gee, not just cats and dogs, crows and other stuff too... >.>

People used to joke around, saying that if you dont find cats or dogs in the streets of China, that's probably because they've been butchered, cooked and eaten... o.O

kluang 07-04-2006 09:11 AM

In China, they cook scorpion like cooking satay.

They sucks on fresh monkey brain.

They eat bears feet.

They eat ant eaters.

Practically, they eat anyting.

Ero 07-04-2006 09:12 AM

is your friends uncle a redneck? (just askin ;) )

no, im pretty sure that chinese restaurants (here and in hk anyways) don't use dog or cat meat, firstly because its pointlessly hard to acquire, secondly because its too tough and stringy.

Maybe somewhere in the far reaches of GuangZhuo or Northern China (where meat and food is scarce) but definetly not in cities, or anywhere in America.

Shad0w_Hunter 07-04-2006 10:02 AM

It's not true *rolls eyes* i've been to many a chinese resturaunt, hell i've BEEN to china, where I ate much chinese food. Not once did my chicken resemble anything different than chicken. I believe that dog/cat meat would have a different texture than chicken. Chicken is very tear apartable...if you know what i mean...it's dry. I'd imagine that dog and cat would be too rough to pass off as chicken. They are more active hunters with bodies built for speed and mobility. Chickens...notsomuch. So i'd say that it would be fairly obvious if you were eating a dog instead of a chicken...

Aburame-Shino 07-04-2006 11:20 AM

guys think about it, do you really think that "chicken" they use really taste like chicken? I mean in China , no doubt they use cats and dogs. But in US the only way a stray cat or dog can pass a chinese restaurant is while riding a motor scooter and an UZI in their hand. (they'll be taken and used as meat)

i got this off a college student's web page, it was an assignment or something

http://students.ou.edu/B/Merideth.R....-1/story1.html

The urban legend that St. Bernards are being raised for food in China is coded as true on the snopes Web site. This story fits into my whole idea of urban legends because this is a myth that I have heard often; in fact, I was shocked to know that it was true. Several European newspapers and agencies credited reporters in Beijing in various articles about the truth of St. Bernards being used as food. SOS St. Bernard Dogs, a group in Switzerland, has gathered over 11,000 signatures to convince their government to protest China's use of St. Bernard dogs as food.