Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   One Piece 658 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=198275)

Dagoro 02-29-2012 08:33 AM

One Piece 658

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/658

Enjoy.

Wow.

Lots and lots of info.

The lab theory is pretty much confirmed at this point. The kids and subjects, and the skull probably belonged to a giant that attempted a rescue. VP isn't behind this, so this M is an entire new enemy, which is awesome. My guess is that he is creating powerful hybrid monsters, similar to what Shiki did in strong world.

VP's tech is present here though, maybe Franky will find something useful. And finally, Holy shit. This was the site of Akainu vs Aokiji after all, and the battle clearly was intense and epic in scale. I bet Aokiji will tell us what happened through a flashback in the future.

The SHs playing heroes again, but there are children at risk, it would be hard to refuse. What was that gas thing ? M might have a weird DF. I want to know more about the chemical incident and VP.

uzumakinagato 02-29-2012 08:48 AM

Re: One Piece 658

Nice, I should have known that this island might be linked to Aokiji and Akainu their fight.

That's come crazy shit, what a fight it must have been, damn.

Dagoro 02-29-2012 09:20 AM

This really speaks volumes about Marineford, and confirms that the top tiers were holding back big time. There are mountains of ice and active volcanoes. Imagine attacks of that scale happening at Marineford, the collateral damage would have been enormous.

This hypes up prime WB for me as well. All we saw was a sick WB that was about to die. At his prime he must have been a monster, I really want to see a flashback of his battles with Roger.

op101 02-29-2012 09:52 AM

Totally called it about the Akainu/Akokiji thing! :D

ACt 02-29-2012 11:01 AM

Kind of disappointed that it actually is the Akainu/Akokiji island. I mean, I understand it, but a fire/ice island occurring naturally would be different. It also forces the "everything must be something" storytelling and just letting it be a random new place.

Oh well, it was more than made up for by the randomness of Luffy fighting centaurs he had just befriended with his spare legs. That was unexpected and rather humourous.

Buck09 02-29-2012 12:18 PM

Was very happy with this chapter, alot of juicy info.

So Franky Laser beam is on par with Pacifista Lasers, does that mean he has the same laser as the Light Light Fruit ? It was said awhile ago that Vegapunk was able to copy his DF powers and incorporate them into the Pacifistas, well only the beams. Loved his Strong Right looked so cool now.

Looking forward to the new villian. Maybe its someone who worked under Vegapunk and was let go and has a vendatta blah blah. You know the kind of guy Im talking about. Like Urahaha and Mayuri (( The Captain of Squad 12 the science division )) both are very intelligent people and obviously disagree with each other.

Congrats on the person who said that this was the island were the fight started. Im not too fussed about that I mean I want to see the fight obviously but some people seem a bit annoyed its that island. But most of all Smoker is here people Luffy and Smoker meeting back up will be epic. Can already see Luffy like running past him noticing him and saying " Oh Smokey ! Sorry gotta run" then runs off with Smoker with a wtf face.

Dagoro 02-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

So Franky Laser beam is on par with Pacifista Lasers, does that mean he has the same laser as the Light Light Fruit ?
It is the same as the Pacifista laser, but the output is higher. If you go back and see it in action against Ikaros in FMI, the explosion dwarfed Ikaros, and he was as tall as Franky's robot. Bigger than any Pacifista laser I remember. Seeing strong right makes me hopeful regarding Franky keeping his old abilities on top of his new ones. I want to see a post TS coup de burst.

This is pretty insane. Aokiji's ice can withstand the temperature of Akainu's magma for 2 years, that makes his long ring island feat look like child's play. Imagine Kizaru when he cuts loose.

Edit: Anyone else noticed the ridiculous amount of fire on Sanji's DJ leg ?

Also, M + crazy creatures might be an allusion to Dr. Monroe.

mashmas 02-29-2012 06:42 PM

darn, lufy just befriended the poor fellow and then casually kicks him in the face lol

ps about time we had a one piece section

CrustaceaN 02-29-2012 06:52 PM

Well I wasn't shocked to see that this was the battlefield for Sakazuki vs Kuzan.
I think this supports my Kuzan>Enel topic.

Anyway, great chapter.

Dagoro 02-29-2012 07:00 PM

The damage was done during a 10 day fight though. The aftermath is pretty impressive with the effects lasting for 2 years, but it's nothing out of Enel's range.

Enel without the maxim can do this

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...6/c244/15.html

Imagine him in a 10 day fight, dropping El thors all over the place.

CrustaceaN 02-29-2012 07:39 PM

Too bad he doesn't have CoA.
And Kuzan's DF was able to stand up to Magma which burns more than Lightning.

Dagoro 02-29-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Too bad he doesn't have CoA.
Like I mentioned in the other thread were we debated this, he wouldn't need it. He is faster, has greater range and better CoO. Lightning would also stand up to ice just fine.

Quote:

And Kuzan's DF was able to stand up to Magma which burns more than Lightning.
While Akainu has better heat feats, Enel isn't too shabby in that field. His lightning attacks can vaporize solid rock, and he can casually melt gold in large amounts.

CrustaceaN 02-29-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2103783)
Like I mentioned in the other thread were we debated this, he wouldn't need it. He is faster, has greater range and better CoO. Lightning would also stand up to ice just fine.

While Akainu has better heat feats, Enel isn't too shabby in that field. His lightning attacks can vaporize solid rock, and he can casually melt gold in large amounts.

Well I'm not going to continue.
I still don't see how Enel can get around CoA.

I see PH Arc as a prelude to a similar Baroque Works Saga fight with Big Mam.

ronnie_10 03-01-2012 01:04 AM

Man Luffy is a total random goof.. XD

Btw i liked the meme at the end too..

NeoKakarott023 03-01-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2103783)

Sorry for me, the only 3 people that I've seen that could defeat Enel, that would be Luffy, Blackbeard, and possibly Don Flamingo, because his abilities aren't totally known or understood, but his mind control, and slash is retarded, he removed Oars Jr.'s leg like nothing, with that shit eating grin on his face. Akainau, and Aokiji were badass, but they face the same situation that Ace did vs. Akainau, at some point they're bodies is going to have to materialize, thay can't stay in DF modes of lava, and ice, forever. Now Enel, is pure lightening, um the speed of lightening is..

Michael C., Per the MEDICAL MYSTERIES LIGHTNING STRIKES video put out by the Discovery Channel (2000 Publication), it states that lightning travels at a rate of 60,000 miles a second.

I know your web page states the speed of lightning is about 186,000 miles per sec, however there are other web sites that claim half the speed of light and even one third the speed of light.

However, the speed is normally no more than half the speed of light, usually substantially less.

The process that creates a lightning stroke is not light transfer, but is the transfer of electrical energy (charge) through the air. Much like an electrical cable, the air, even though it is ionized, has some resistance to charge transfer. The speed of the stroke is impeded by having to transfer the energy from molecule to molecule along the way, in the process literally exploding the molecules into atoms.

That being said, that would make The other Vice Admiral Kizaru faster, and Enel at about half his speed, logically.