Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   One piece 665 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=198593)

stubborn_d0nkey 04-28-2012 05:43 AM

One piece 665

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/665

Enjoy

"Isn't it fine like this" lol, only Luffy could say something like that.

uzumakinagato 04-28-2012 06:28 AM

Re: One piece 665

Meh chapter.

Dagoro 04-28-2012 07:46 AM

Great chapter.

Franky's expression while on Chopper's body were hilarious, and this new drug twist is really interesting. If these kids are being gradually turned into giants through the use of these drugs, could that giant skull we saw at the very beginning be the remains of a regular person after the entire procedure ?

What if Law's crew are being given this crap as well, imagine a giant Bepo.

These brothers though, I'm a bit disappointed that Zoro got knocked out by them, but they seem to be carrying the same guns the other PH guards did so they probably got done in by sleeping gas once again. Speaking of sleeping gas, nice upgrade for Usopp.

Next chapter we will get some action, so I can't wait. It will also take some time to get used to Vice Warden Magellan. He probably stepped down voluntarily after BB's crew kicked his ass, it bruised his pride.

Numinous 04-28-2012 07:57 AM

Edit: Forgot that BB's crew fought Magellan after Bon Kurei. Nevermind. Although I still want the "okama never die" statement to be true.

On the chapter itself, Chopper's maddened indignation makes me want him to fight CC and beat the gases out of him. But, outside of Chopper, it's a transitional chapter so not that exciting.

Dagoro 04-28-2012 08:11 AM

It would be cool to see Chopper take on CC, but Luffy always fights the main villain.

In order to fight CC Haki will also be needed, Chopper hasn't shown signs of it. What I'm looking forward the most aside from the mystery of this island explained, are serious fights. I want to see Zoro go all out more than anyone else, and to see the switched SHs use their respective body's abilities.

Edit: Another funny bit was Franky being rolled around as guard point Chopper by Luffy and the kids. Love these little details.

Gakure 04-28-2012 12:37 PM

This is going to be a total beatdown of the SH who are people's bodies by CC crew. I see no way they can fight like that. I just like Oda's handicap style. 'Get them beat a lil with a handicup and let them revive with a bang'. True all the time.

Luffy, Ussop, Robin and Franky-in-Chopper shd cause some havoc at the facility. Wanna see what luffy will do if he sees Law teaming up with CC.

Looking at the changed bodies again, Sanji-in-Nami will be totally useless. He cant fight in Nami's fragile body. lol

ACt 04-28-2012 02:21 PM

Yeah, the knockout of Brooke, Sanji-Nami and Zoro was odd. I can only suspect that they were ambushed, but still, that shit shouldn't catch Zoro. Maybe they fought each other instead. Figure the Samurai will find them.

Decent chapter. Moving things along. I only hope that it was a translation error that made me read "pituitary hormone".

Buck09 04-28-2012 04:07 PM

Great Chapter.

Honestly Chopper was the star in this chapter in my view reminded me of the time on Thriller Bark when he gets major mad at the Doctor for making the girl lick his boot, love how Chopper expression is drawn and was in the anime.

Going to agree with Robin Franky shouldnt talk as Chopper its far too wierd ! I mean look at his face when he first got Cotton Candy...then the one were he is smirking with Franky its too freaky.

I'm a little disappointed in Zoro getting taken down so easy I would like in the next chapter if one of the brothers said that Zoro had taken more gas to take down that usually normal. Would make it better in my view.

op101 04-29-2012 12:11 AM

Guys, pretty sure they were ambushed. I don't see any of Zoro's swords drawn (looks like Nami's staff thing and Brook's cane sword are stuck in the snow).

And also, even if the pituitary hormone comment wasn't EXACTLY correct, it's more or less right (for a manga). Anterior pituitary does secrete growth hormone :) He's pretty much saying that if the kids aren't normally big (ie if their GH isn't normally raised, who knows how Giant physiology works :P) then they've been experimented on to make them big (increase their GH). Sorry for the unnecessary rant, med student nearing exams lol :/

Numinous 04-29-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by op101 (Post 2108365)
And also, even if the pituitary hormone comment wasn't EXACTLY correct, it's more or less right (for a manga). Anterior pituitary does secrete growth hormone :) He's pretty much saying that if the kids aren't normally big (ie if their GH isn't normally raised, who knows how Giant physiology works :P) then they've been experimented on to make them big (increase their GH). Sorry for the unnecessary rant, med student nearing exams lol :/

Just an hint for the future: ACt already graduated from Medicine, so if he made the comment, he knows damn well why.

And even I can tell why he did it, since I had to study metabolism: ACTH, ADH, LH, FSH, TSH, beta-endorphin, prolactin and oxytocin are also pituitary hormones and their over-estimulation would have different results.

But yes, the hormone in question must be GH, but I don't know who goofed up, the translators or Oda himself.

op101 04-29-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2108380)
Just an hint for the future: ACt already graduated from Medicine, so if he made the comment, he knows damn well why.

I meant no disrespect + will keep that in mind haha. I'd figured as much though, and hence was explaining for other members.

But yeah, I know that GH isn't the only pituitary hormone. Probably just a translational error then :/ Wonder how pituitary translates into Japanese. You forgot MSH btw :P

Also, I find it very cool that ACt still reads manga as a doctor. A friend and I always joke around about paging each other to discuss OP (since it's supposedly got years to go) when we're consultants haha.

Numinous 04-29-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by op101 (Post 2108385)
You forgot MSH btw :P

D'oh! As for the rest, no biggie, it's more of a reminder than anything else.

Shrike 05-03-2012 07:25 AM

I find it overwhelmingly annoying that people are getting knocked out for the second time, and still they will rise and fight and win. Practically, they have been dead two times already. Really irritating.

Dagoro 05-03-2012 08:01 AM

Caesar ordered his men to capture anyone they can for experiments.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c664/7.html

That is why no one has died yet.

Shrike 05-03-2012 08:15 AM

Yes, but he will still be defeated by the same people he didn't want to kill but knock out. Besides, he has permission to kill them all. Basically, some of the SHs lost twice already. Very early into the NW and they are falling. Of course only because the plots demands it, just like Luffy was tied up just like that an arc ago. Etc etc.