Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=198712)

Duncan33 06-02-2012 08:11 PM

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
http://www.anime44.com/avatar-the-le...orra-episode-8

Pretty intense episode... Things are starting to come together. I really think Tarrlok has something to do with Amon. Either he is working for Amon or he is Amon and has somehow gained the power to energybend and bypass bloodbending's restrictions.

P.S. Ikki pretty much initiated the love triangle between Korra, Mako and Asami so things will get pretty interesting from here. :)

platinumrug 06-02-2012 08:40 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Loved this episode, talk about being completely shocked seeing that Tarrlok was a fucking blood bender. That flashback she had, looks like it might've been tarrlok's father or something on trial and he blood bended his way out of it or something, sokka, toph and aang were all taken by surprise and even a few people in the stands were too. Crazy episode.

icedraon620 06-02-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
It's rather strange that Yakone, can bloodbend so many people while handcuffed. I'm willing to believe that the young man behind Aang is Tarrlok and he is following his father's path to gain power or revenge.

Dagoro 06-02-2012 09:22 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Absolutely fantastic.

The mystery deepens, and Korra must be close to meeting with Aang, it's about freaking time already. Her battle with Tarlok was ridiculous, and talk about in your face social commentary. This reflects a lot of past and on going things happening in real life. Korra got owned by Ikki, her face was hilarious when the kid blurted out that she liked Mako. I thought for a second that Tarlok was going to energy bend her ass, but her fire breath at the end disproved that.

op101 06-03-2012 05:54 AM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Holy. Crap. Mouth was wide open during those last 5 minutes. WTF.

The wait for next week is going to be excruciating.

I think the theory about Yakone being Tarlok's father is becoming more and more likely. Maybe Tarlok/Amon DOES have some spiritual help? With all the non-full moon bending bloodbending and "energybending" going on, makes you wonder. I think Icedragon is spot on with the young tarlok in the flashback, looks exactly like him.

kluang 06-03-2012 06:02 AM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Maybe amon and tarlok are brothers and to avenge their father they took two very different route.

op101 06-03-2012 08:11 AM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Whoah whoah whoah. What if Amon's not actually taking people's powers away but somehow altering them using BLOODBENDING. lol.

k-lai 06-03-2012 09:23 AM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by op101 (Post 2110418)
Whoah whoah whoah. What if Amon's not actually taking people's powers away but somehow altering them using BLOODBENDING. lol.

You may be right cos taking peoples bending away is seriously avatar exclusive shit

icedraon620 06-03-2012 06:13 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by op101 (Post 2110413)
Holy. Crap. Mouth was wide open during those last 5 minutes. WTF.

The wait for next week is going to be excruciating.

I think the theory about Yakone being Tarlok's father is becoming more and more likely. Maybe Tarlok/Amon DOES have some spiritual help? With all the non-full moon bending bloodbending and "energybending" going on, makes you wonder. I think Icedragon is spot on with the young tarlok in the flashback, looks exactly like him.

Someone revealed to me that the man can't be Tarrlok because he is 37 and the flashbacks are from 42 years ago. Much more likely to be Yakone's son, father of Tarrlok.

op101 06-03-2012 07:47 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Thought I'd share this. Very good analysis/summary. Especially the bit about Katara.

http://birdbrainblue.tumblr.com/post...the-flashbacks

Tmoore 06-04-2012 04:55 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
^^^^ that theory is way too accurate

jekyl_hyde 06-04-2012 07:24 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
dude, that's one epic prediction.

and pretty accurate too. but i have a question, because we've seen toph and sokka in the flashbacks. but we have yet to see katara or zuko.

kluang 06-04-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde (Post 2110487)
dude, that's one epic prediction.

and pretty accurate too. but i have a question, because we've seen toph and sokka in the flashbacks. but we have yet to see katara or zuko.

zuko is conformed to be alive. A senile and wise former fire lord and somehow he is divorce with mai at some point and now travels the world. I hope he make an appearance soon.

op101 06-04-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde (Post 2110487)
but we have yet to see katara or zuko.

Yep, that theory talks about Katara. And what they mention sort of makes sense because "Yakone's" eyes go crazy at one point which I guess could be because someone's bloodbending him?

And with Zuko, I have a feeling he probably won't make an appearance until next season. He's supposed to have a daughter too :S

jekyl_hyde 06-04-2012 08:30 PM

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kluang (Post 2110488)
zuko is conformed to be alive. A senile and wise former fire lord and somehow he is divorce with mai at some point and now travels the world. I hope he make an appearance soon.

how do you have these scoops about zuko. kinda sucks about him and mai if that is true.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.