Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   New To One Piece (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=198717)

Baako 06-04-2012 06:40 PM

New To One Piece
 
Hi guys,

I've been watching One Piece anime and im up to episode 530.

Soon I will be waiting for each new episode to come out and was wondering around which Chapter in the Manga that will take me so I can start reading from there on.

Also wondering if there are any story ARCs the anime does not show. eg. in Naruto the anime misses out Kakashi getting his sharingan and doesn't show it until quite a bit later.

Gotta say this is a sweet series and not even sure why I put off watching it until recently.

thanks in advance.

SirBenoit 06-04-2012 07:22 PM

Re: New To One Piece
 
havent watched the last 2 episode, should be around here http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/629/2

emachina 06-05-2012 07:59 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
I just started watching myself, just got to meet Tony Tony Chopper. And we're in Alabaster in the desert. Lashes has become the girls' pet. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. Can't wait to get further along.

Numinous 06-05-2012 08:56 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emachina (Post 2110523)
I just started watching myself, just got to meet Tony Tony Chopper. And we're in Alabaster in the desert. Lashes has become the girls' pet. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. Can't wait to get further along.

You're in for a treat, Alabasta's arc ending is good and the next saga, Skypea, is easily one of the best sagas of the series. Trust me, the more you read One Piece, the better it gets.

emachina 06-05-2012 10:56 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2110527)
You're in for a treat, Alabasta's arc ending is good and the next saga, Skypea, is easily one of the best sagas of the series. Trust me, the more you read One Piece, the better it gets.

It has too. I was in Japan in 2010, it was absolutely all consuming over there. This was the same time the new Evangelion was released. Everything over there was Evangelion and One Piece. I shit you not. I actually picked up two figurines commemorating DBZ and One Piece's anniversaries. They're of Nami dressed as Goku and Bulma dressed as Luffy.

Decided to get into the series then, but waited for Funimation to start releasing the series in seasons. So, now I'm reading the manga and collecting the anime. All his characters have such intriquing back stories, it's amazing. I'm not shocked it's lasted as long as it has. So far, Zoro is my favorite and I can't wait to see how he and Tashigi's stories come together. I r excited!

kluang 06-05-2012 11:06 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2110527)
You're in for a treat, Alabasta's arc ending is good and the next saga, Skypea, is easily one of the best sagas of the series. Trust me, the more you read One Piece, the better it gets.

Quote for Truth. I get in the OP bus ride quite late due to the bizzare char design. But Shrike, Num and few others know how to sell their product and so I jump in. Never regret that decision. One of the best SJ manga. Top 10 for me.

Spiegel 06-05-2012 01:01 PM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emachina
I just started watching myself, just got to meet Tony Tony Chopper. And we're in Alabaster in the desert. Lashes has become the girls' pet. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. Can't wait to get further along.

I personally think its the best shonen series made. Been following it for several years and I still can't get enough of it. Keep reading it, Arabasta is probably the turning point for the series and where it started gaining mass popularity. And as some pointed out, Skypea is probably the best saga in the series with Enies Lobby/Water 7 coming in to a close tie. It's an amazing and well written series where the author actually cares about maintain the integrity of the story.

NeoKakarott023 06-05-2012 01:20 PM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emachina (Post 2110537)
It has too. I was in Japan in 2010, it was absolutely all consuming over there. This was the same time the new Evangelion was released. Everything over there was Evangelion and One Piece. I shit you not. I actually picked up two figurines commemorating DBZ and One Piece's anniversaries. They're of Nami dressed as Goku and Bulma dressed as Luffy.

Decided to get into the series then, but waited for Funimation to start releasing the series in seasons. So, now I'm reading the manga and collecting the anime. All his characters have such intriquing back stories, it's amazing. I'm not shocked it's lasted as long as it has. So far, Zoro is my favorite and I can't wait to see how he and Tashigi's stories come together. I r excited!

I was you about 6 to 8 months ago, ONE PIECE IS THE BEST SHOUNEN MANGA GOING PERIOD. After Alabasta, this manga will shit stomp both Bleach, and Naruto for you, and you'll wonder, and I was hyped over that shit exactly why.....?

As someone told me when I was where you are at..... enjoy the ride, as I think about it it was SirBenoit. I'll add this, take your time and cherish what you dig. Once you arrive to where most of us are, you'll still love the series, but climbing the mountain you're about to... is a HELLUVA RIDE....REAL TALK.

Btw, Veng told me to start reading tha shit eons ago, the Pirate subject matter didn't interest me... what a fucking fool I was, lol.

gringie 08-25-2012 06:19 PM

Re: New To One Piece
 
one piece is a great story regardless of the art work that people keeps sh*tin on, it has great comedy as well... i've gave one piece a shot like 2 yrs ago cause i had caught up on the naruto series and just finished the full metal alchemist story... bleach didn't sit well for me so i jumped on one piece anime first to give it a try... and wouldn't you believe it that me and my girl sat for weeks going through the the years of episodes.. less than a month i was up to date with the manga... and personally for me one piece story line is way better than naruto's... but to me full metal alchemist tops them all

Reesaroni 08-28-2012 12:25 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Finally started reading this myself a bit ago after reading posts for the last few years saying to check this out, upset that I didn't get into it earlier it's always a good read

Spiegel 08-28-2012 12:32 AM

Re: New To One Piece
 
Enjoy reading this grand adventure.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.