Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Spam Zone (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Euro 2012 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=198744)

kluang 06-10-2012 10:49 PM

Euro 2012

http://www.nevercaptainnickybutt.com.../Euro-2012.jpg

stubborn_d0nkey 06-11-2012 04:10 AM

Re: Euro 2012

3-1, ole!

kluang 06-13-2012 11:31 PM

http://www.espnstar.com/football/eur...#disqus_thread

espnstar comment always make me lol

zer0systm 06-29-2012 08:51 PM

Who're you backing to win Euro Kluang? I'm undecided at the moment. I think Spain will go far but I'm not sold on them taking the silverware that awaits at the end.

kluang 06-30-2012 01:17 AM

Italy seems to be more consistent then Spain at the moment, unless Spain step up their tiki taka, Italy is the fav

Numinous 06-30-2012 03:48 PM

Italy should win the finals, both because Italy is is a much fitter state than Spain (who really didn't deserve win over Portugal based on overall performance) and to shut up that moron called Platini.

jekyl_hyde 06-30-2012 05:00 PM

Not a huge soccer fan, but I know that you, num, are...
and I have a question for the countryman...
What the "f" happened to Ronaldo (sp?) and the pks?

Numinous 06-30-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde (Post 2112347)
Not a huge soccer fan, but I know that you, num, are...
and I have a question for the countryman...
What the "f" happened to Ronaldo (sp?) and the pks?

Spelling is correct, by the way. The thing about Ronaldo is that he was supposed to do the last PK for Portugal and it wasn't necessary since Spain guaranteed the win before that PK happened. What I think is that Bento, Portugal's coach, made a bad decision about putting Ronaldo last. He's the captain, he should go first to set the tone.

jekyl_hyde 06-30-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 2112349)
Spelling is correct, by the way. The thing about Ronaldo is that he was supposed to do the last PK for Portugal and it wasn't necessary since Spain guaranteed the win before that PK happened. What I think is that Bento, Portugal's coach, made a bad decision about putting Ronaldo last. He's the captain, he should go first to set the tone.

Yeah, from what I read, a lot of commentators and analysts are blaming the coach, because wasn't there confusion between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th guy in the pk lineup?

Numinous 06-30-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde (Post 2112353)
Yeah, from what I read, a lot of commentators and analysts are blaming the coach, because wasn't there confusion between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th guy in the pk lineup?

It was Nani (who marked the 3rd) with Pepe (who marked the 2nd). Nani thought he was second but he wasn't. But yes, if a player mixes the position he's supposed to be in the coach's lineup, something was fucked up.

zer0systm 07-01-2012 02:45 AM

Personally not a fan of Ronaldo, nor Rooney. I think they're the guy's who are the epitome of players getting so up themselves that they think they're better than other guys on the team to the point where you can see them radiating arrogance on the pitch when shit doesn't go their way.

I'm not much a fan of Italy either, due to a world cup fiasco that happened in the past, call me bitter but it really would have been a historic moment in Australian sporting history. I wanted Germany to take it out given Netherlands failed to get past the group stages, but given it's down to Ita and Spain for the Final I'm going to back Spain even though I know I'm probably backing the loser.

kluang 07-01-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0systm (Post 2112372)
Personally not a fan of Ronaldo, nor Rooney. I think they're the guy's who are the epitome of players getting so up themselves that they think they're better than other guys on the team to the point where you can see them radiating arrogance on the pitch when shit doesn't go their way.

balatolleli is far more arrogant then them both combine

Numinous 07-01-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0systm (Post 2112372)

Well, you're not the only one, you'll fit well with millions of Portuguese. Only the fanboys and the soccer commentators like Ronaldo (well, the latter is more like licking the boots because of PC overload), the rest of the Portuguese hate his guts with a passion.

The guy is an arrogant little bitch that thinks he doesn't have to work for the team but rather expects the ball to fall on his feet just to shoot at random. Not only that, he seems to be obsessed with Messi and advertises himself as a playboy... who practically had to order his baby.

In all honesty, if you want to know who was the best Portuguese player, I think the majority will say João Moutinho. Now that's a guy who played like a madman, there were even matches where he had more 2km than most players because he went frigging everywhere to help the team.

kluang 07-01-2012 06:38 AM

I miss Figo

zer0systm 07-01-2012 09:57 PM

Ronaldo's grandparents live about 15 minutes from my house. I don't know them or have ever met them but I heard he visited once, it was very subtle though in and out.
As I was reading your post Num, Messi jumped into my mind and how it's powerfully clear that he is forever jealous of him, here's the fantastic thing but, Messi comes across as a pretty humble bloke. That's why he'll always be a better player than Ronaldo. And I know those fan boys you talk of, they're the one's that started supporting Man U. when Beckham became big and stayed around after he left.

Rooney runs on a similar game mentality to Ronaldo.

Also

VIVA LA SPAIN. Take that Italy. Torn to shreds, pretty embarrassing defeat for a final.