Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   Naruto Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should Obito be the main antagonist? (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=203642)

Vengeance 10-10-2012 10:07 AM

Should Obito be the main antagonist?

A simple open ended discussion. Is Obito deserving of the role as main antagonist of the story? Give your thoughts & explain why Obito should or shouldn't survive till the end of the series to become the final villain.

jekyl_hyde 10-10-2012 10:09 AM

Re: Should Obito be the main antagonist?

Simply put, Hellz Nawh! -------> Madara!

Vengeance 10-10-2012 10:14 AM

My vote is going to obviously be no.

I'll just briefly mention why I think he shouldn't be. As it stands now Obito seems to be falling into the role of pawn with every passing chapter. Also as I've been saying for years if Obito were to be revealed as Tobi he should be Kakashi's villain & not Narutos. I stick by that statement even now. Obito's justification for his motivation & actions at this point are also utterly ridiculous. In short I expect him to die shortly after this flashback arc ends.

I'll probably explain in more detail later if there are varying opinions on this matter.

Reesaroni 10-10-2012 10:31 AM

Sasuke for final villian. Make naruto man the fuck up and do what is necessary for the village before becoming hokage

Gamabunta 10-10-2012 01:48 PM

No cause leftist are pussies.

jericho Uzimaki 10-10-2012 02:03 PM

He is second fiddle material. The classic i am evil becaus I was manipulated to be.
He is more like Starscream wants to be the leader but when it cones down to it he faulters. When Megatron(Madara) showed up he gave him his shit back...lol.

Besides he will either die as a bad guy or die turning back good. He will not being seeing Naruto become hokage,lol.

Bazooka_Joe 10-10-2012 02:46 PM

Simply he has no balls to be him

Amuro 10-10-2012 02:55 PM

My answer is no. I honestly don't think o obito is the main antagonist. I don't think there is one person that will be. I personally think the main "bad guy" isn't a person, it's a mentality or believe. Naruto has been battling a bunch of ninja who are butt hurt about life. Since things haven't gone the way people thought they should they try to take over or get revenge and naruto is trying to get people to realize another side. That's why the end fight may just involve sasuke and naruto. A battle of ideologies. S yea Obitos here now and he'll prolly die soon...like pain. Madara will be taken care of, and in the end talk no Justus will prevail.

The Special One 10-10-2012 03:31 PM

I'm going to go ahead and say no. Honestly, Pain and Danzou would have made better final choices. At least Danzou acknowledged a reoccurring concern with Konoha's management, thus, wanting to change it, albeit going about it his way, but that's the fun part; kinda like a rebel. Besides Nagato's Konoha drama his master plan actually made sense, again, a pretty warped and idiotic way to handling things, but not exactly logically unfounded; either way, final villain material.

Then we have Obito, guy whose face and reasoning hasn't been shown for hundreds of chapters and out of the blue hates Kakashi with a passion. He wants to enslave the world in a genjutsu because life was too hard to cope with after his crush got killed by his best friend, but let's not forget that Obito didn't think there was some logical explanation behind Kakashi killing Rin nor expect Obito to understand the sacrifices ninja have to make.

jekyl_hyde 10-10-2012 03:39 PM

I want to know who voted yes.

I know that odds are (99.999999999999999%) that that person is a troll, but if it is someone who is being sincere.... I want to hear their reasoning why.

gringie 10-10-2012 04:47 PM

i doubt he'll be the antagonist,if i'm not mistakin' kishi said it'll be oro... but in my opinion tobi should be it, if the next few chapters show us it was tobi's doin' in attackin' konoha..then by all means he's allowed to be evil genius... kakashi vs tobi no way that is goin to happen unless kisihi adds some bull crap to the story allowing kakashi to get all his chakra back... what kisihi has to do is start killin' off the s/a class nin that's fightin' against the bad guys, this war is really corny!!! for real!!! i'm just waitin' to see madara pwn the shit out of naruto,bee,guy and kakashi... unless kisihi adds some bull crap makin' tobi turn against madara..... troollololololol

btw it was cool to see that kakashi had ms before the 4th killed himself

AOTKorby 10-10-2012 04:59 PM

In terms of the narrative as it stands, there's still no character who serves as the overarching villain in the same capacity. Madara frankly has no personal tie to the main characters except as being the jackhole who set Obito on the path of evulz and gave Nagato his eyes. Sasuke's role as a villain doesn't fit with the scale of the story anymore. Orochimaru cannot pose a realistic threat to anyone.

Personally I just wish Obito's character weren't the same bullshit as Pain and that his reason for falling from grace wasn't so fucking shallow. Obito being Tobi may be absolutely fucking idiotic, but Tobi as entity in the narrative has the most importance as a villain.

gringie 10-10-2012 05:29 PM

madara should be the main villain... because every other villain was a goodie to shoe gone bad so i never look at them as a threat... the reason i felt oro was cool is because i saw him resurrect the 1st n 2nd that's all... every other villain sucks ass cause they don't nothin' brutal.. itachi was awesome because he massacred his clan, but turned out he was always good so he doesn't count... maybe danzo becase he sent out the hit on the bootleg sayians

Xethorsiph 10-11-2012 01:52 AM

Obito is going to get his evil "talk no jutsu'd" into kingdom come. Madara, Orochimaru, Sasuke, SOMEONE else will fill the role of final villain, but there's simply no way for it to be Obito.

Pritha 10-11-2012 03:35 AM

If only Tobito had maintained his cool while fighting like he did while forming the akatsuki and using every member there then it would have been him but as soon as he started doubting himself (just to let pl know: the time when he thought the rain was his sweat #pretty embarrassing) and when he got that hit it became clear he cannot be the main antogonist. Camparing to madara who just offed the kages and on the other side Oro, i am pretty sure there is gonna be one less villain in that equation and clearly its tobi considering his competition :). so a big NO