Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   One piece_685 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=204191)

apacolypz 10-17-2012 05:33 AM

One piece_685

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/685

Luffy is such a retard...he didn't even recognize Fire Fox's son's name enough to remember. Also the continuous Eel exchange was pretty funny. So the dragon has been hiding all this time. Funny how Zoro wants to fight Monet. We will see how much Robin is involved since she got hit first by her. other than that....Vega punk made a DF that was rumored to be of no use but obviously it works well.

Dagoro 10-17-2012 05:48 AM

Re: One piece_685

So much info in this chapter.

The fact that VP made a DF lends some credibility to the theory that DFs in general are engineered things and not magic. Seriously, VP cannot get into the story fast enough. CC is a just trash, he needs an asswhooping, and what was that Don Flamingo hallucination all about ?

Maybe Dfla was present when Momonosuke's group was kidnapped ? That explains his hatred of pirates, he also went into detail as to what he thinks pirates should look like and his descriptions match Dfla's appearance. Money being a logia is something I did not see coming, I would rather have had something a bit different, too many logia already.

Good chapter though, an info chapter. The banter between Luffy and Momonosuke was funny.

apacolypz 10-17-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2127634)
So much info in this chapter.

The fact that VP made a DF lends some credibility to the theory that DFs in general are engineered things and not magic. Seriously, VP cannot get into the story fast enough. CC is a just trash, he needs an asswhooping, and what was that Don Flamingo hallucination all about ?

Maybe Dfla was present when Momonosuke's group was kidnapped ? That explains his hatred of pirates, he also went into detail as to what he thinks pirates should look like and his descriptions match Dfla's appearance. Money being a logia is something I did not see coming, I would rather have had something a bit different, too many logia already.

Good chapter though, an info chapter. The banter between Luffy and Momonosuke was funny.

Shit dude I didn't know what you meant by Dfla hallucination....I thought that was a visit of Ichigo in hollow form lol. Yeah you're right that was def a glimpse of Dfla.. Maybe he visited Punk Hazard and came across them...I don't see Dfla actually kidnapping kids himself...maybe he inspected them or some sort but he seems to be middle man always. Anyhoo good point out.

Dagoro 10-17-2012 06:18 AM

This could tie Wano to Dfla in the final conflict which would be awesome. A legion of samurai along with the SHs take the battle to the king of the underworld brokering himself.

apacolypz 10-17-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2127638)
This could tie Wano to Dfla in the final conflict which would be awesome. A legion of samurai along with the SHs take the battle to the king of the underworld brokering himself.

And that.....would be totally awesome!...though with his DF ability wonder how many people he can control at one time...also remember how he could Oars foot off...almost like he saw it coming before it happened and dodged while cutting his foot smooth off....we still need more info behind his abilities.

Sh's with samurai vs Dfla squad which also seems to be pretty bad ass...spawning the likes of such as Law and Vergo

Dagoro 10-17-2012 06:36 AM

Gotta talk about the Halloween color page.

Luffy's basket- Trick or meat
Zoro's bag- Whiskey or Beer

Lol, captain and first mate ladies and gentlemen.

ronnie_10 10-17-2012 07:53 AM

awesome chapter..
There's just so much content in every chapter, week after week after week..
The matchups are a bit out of the box too, only vergo vs smoker + law is a proper fight. everything else is situational or circumstantial stuff.

Zoro vs Monet seems a bit unfair. Esp for zoro, its high time he got a strong opponent.

Gakure 10-17-2012 08:49 AM

Is this not a rip-off of Aokiji's DF. Monet being logia makes Zoro the only one capable to fight her in this group.

DF's are artificial fruits? or just that VP replicated a natural one.

Edit: Looks like Smoker is having a field day with Vergo. Didnt see dat coming.

NeoKakarott023 10-17-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gakure (Post 2127666)
Is this not a rip-off of Aokiji's DF. Monet being logia makes Zoro the only one capable to fight her in this group.

The way they're fighting, and the incoming cloud tells me they're not gonna finish that battle, everyone will have to escape pretty soon. The question is how does all of those pirates, and pivotal marines escape and survive? Nothing seemingly can stop the cloud, and it will overtake every room it enters. I don't believe that even Oro Jr., could stop or survive it, he's seemingly hiding as well, if not, he could kick ass from within the cloud and this battle would've ended 3 chapters ago.

apacolypz 10-17-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gakure (Post 2127666)

Vegapunk being the scientific genius apparently created a man made Dragon devil fruit. Right now it isn't clear if all DF are artificial or actually natural. So far it has been somewhat canon to be natural. Being that they have been collected and even known in books, they have had to be around for a period of time. Considering longer than VP.

Pritha 10-17-2012 07:43 PM

What could be the purpose for creating DF
1. is it so that most of the navy has some power to counter the pirates or
2. so they can use DF and still be able to swim?

ask me anything 10-17-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pritha (Post 2127861)
What could be the purpose for creating DF
1. is it so that most of the navy has some power to counter the pirates or
2. so they can use DF and still be able to swim?

Or maybe that DF's are just so rare that having a way to mass produce them would be important to the Marines.

I think the DF project Vegapunk was working on was meant to be a super soldier program for the marines. Imagine an elite battalion of 1000's of marines enhanced with super epic Dragon Zoan DF powarz!!! Basically the Captain America's of this manga. He probably did end up succeeding a little later too, and the fruit that kid found was just the unfinished prototype.

Then after that, VP found a way to enhance objects with DF abilities and combined that with his cybernetic and mechanical genius, thus the Pacifista program was born. So he basically said, fuck the Captain America program, now I can mass produce Hulks!!!!

10 Hulks>>>>>1000Captain America's.

apacolypz 10-18-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask me anything (Post 2127871)
Or maybe that DF's are just so rare that having a way to mass produce them would be important to the Marines.

I think the DF project Vegapunk was working on was meant to be a super soldier program for the marines. Imagine an elite battalion of 1000's of marines enhanced with super epic Dragon Zoan DF powarz!!! Basically the Captain America's of this manga. He probably did end up succeeding a little later too, and the fruit that kid found was just the unfinished prototype.

Then after that, VP found a way to enhance objects with DF abilities and combined that with his cybernetic and mechanical genius, thus the Pacifista program was born. So he basically said, fuck the Captain America program, now I can mass produce Hulks!!!!

10 Hulks>>>>>1000Captain America's.

That actually is a good point..we know that VP's work has progressed beyond this actual prototype. I would agree that maybe the WG wanted a fair chance at eradicating the pirate era. The only way is to boost their own arsenal of strength. We have super G-5 members and we have the Royal Pirates and the Four great Pirates..Marines needed a way to boost their own set without relying on pirates to take care of it. With that being said, creating a shit load of artificial DF's which can be altered for their use. As Askmeanything said he even went as far as to find a way for objects and inhumans to use them as well. I think the pacifistas are the second stage...if you are going to go in the example of Marvel...even after the Hulk...they wanted more power! A way to control it even better....Maybe Grey hulk scenario where u have Pacifistas with human intelligence beyond robotic control and devil fruit combined devil fruit powers without restraints.

Pritha 10-18-2012 03:28 AM

cool ... ya i guess that is the reason since the marines have been over run pretty much everywhere except for the 3 admirals and fleet admiral which is now reduced to 1 admiral and 1 fleet admiral. Yes the marines do need a power boost now otherwise there is no point in forming alliance in the new world except ofcourse to take down the yonkos

{Akatsuki} Pain 10-18-2012 03:46 AM

I just realized Franky is missing