Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   One piece 686 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=204630)

Dagoro 10-24-2012 03:22 AM

One piece 686

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c686/3.html

Enjoy.

CC gets more and more despicable with every chapter, this bastard needs to die. The action was pretty cool, loving Monet's powers and it great to see Nami, Robin and even Tashigi get some love. The Sanji bit was hilarious, and Money showing her shy side was surprising.

Buck09 10-24-2012 03:40 AM

Re: One piece 686

Awesome chapter today !

I loved the new attacks from both Robin and Nami. To be honest when I saw how effective Heat Egg was against Nami I thought maybe Zoro might tag out and let Nami face Monet, let us see some new skills from her.

I'm curious now do you think Zoro only has the defense type of Haki ? Monet was definately hinting that he only has that type. If thats the case kinda upset at that I mean from Zoro various fights putting his body on the line hasnt been an issue I mean look at Mr 1 fight that still one of the most gruesome fights I think for Zoro, but I suppose we will need to wait and see. I cant imagine that Hawk Eyes only taught him defense and no offensive haki moves.

I liked the humour with Sanji and the marines that was hilarious ! ' Pull out your lip and mock him' was just so funny. Interesting to see how Smoker assistant ( cant mind her name ) will fight alongside Zoro now. If Zoro only has the defensive then he probably will be blocking most of the time while she uses those chances to attack.

Pritha 10-24-2012 03:46 AM

Maybe too soon to tell. He might be on defence do as to let others escape or not get hurt. Otherwise he wudnt hav volunteered saying tht Monet is a logia. Seriously u can't think he doesn't hav haki, he is the second to the captain

apacolypz 10-24-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck09 (Post 2128606)
Awesome chapter today !

I loved the new attacks from both Robin and Nami. To be honest when I saw how effective Heat Egg was against Nami I thought maybe Zoro might tag out and let Nami face Monet, let us see some new skills from her.

I'm curious now do you think Zoro only has the defense type of Haki ? Monet was definately hinting that he only has that type. If thats the case kinda upset at that I mean from Zoro various fights putting his body on the line hasnt been an issue I mean look at Mr 1 fight that still one of the most gruesome fights I think for Zoro, but I suppose we will need to wait and see. I cant imagine that Hawk Eyes only taught him defense and no offensive haki moves.

I liked the humour with Sanji and the marines that was hilarious ! ' Pull out your lip and mock him' was just so funny. Interesting to see how Smoker assistant ( cant mind her name ) will fight alongside Zoro now. If Zoro only has the defensive then he probably will be blocking most of the time while she uses those chances to attack.

Tashigi I think her name is, and YES! The whole Sanji and Zoro exchange was priceless. Bottom Lip poked out.. i chuckled... Chopper's response to Monet's hideous change lol! Also yes both Nami and Robin has a few new tricks! :) Kinda sad no Luffy or any involvement with Franky...where is he?

Buck09 10-24-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pritha (Post 2128609)
Maybe too soon to tell. He might be on defence do as to let others escape or not get hurt. Otherwise he wudnt hav volunteered saying tht Monet is a logia. Seriously u can't think he doesn't hav haki, he is the second to the captain

Just to make sure you understand what I mean.

Its obvious Zoro has Haki yes, but from what we have seen in the series Haki is broken up to different categories, Defence Attack and the Conquerors Haki.

All I was saying / asking is cause Zoro is on the defence do you think he trained in that field, as Rayliegh did say that some people are drawn towards certain fields of Haki.

op101 10-24-2012 06:41 AM

Defense/attack haki? Where'd you get that from?

From what I can remember, there's Observation + Armament + Conqueror's. Observation is like Enel's Mantra, i.e. you essentially have precognitive abilities and you can sense things/people/attacks/etc. Both Zoro and Sanji have shown this (for example when Caribou stole the treasure in FI, Luffy asked them both if they could feel a presence). Armament haki essentially gives you the ability to coat your body with haki. So it can be used for defense (i.e. if you coat yourself with it when you're about to get attacked, for example when Luffy mentioned that his CoA haki wasn't good enough for piercing attacks like Hody's teeth) or for attack (i.e. you coat yourself with it to hit harder, sharper, etc, for example, Luffy's elephant gun against Noah). In the case of Logia's, Armament haki essentially forces their bodies to become tangible.

I think what we'll find out is that Zoro probably underwent some kind of moral/ethical change relating to something to do with his childhood friend and Perona during his training and now he doesn't like fighting women. Hawkeye might even have something similar which is why Zoro took it on.

CrustaceaN 10-24-2012 08:23 AM

A few inferrences

-Monet has a similar "Logia-Form" as CC(when he was first seen)
-Chopper is lucky
-Zoro is acting like Mihawk, Sanji is acting like Iva
-Nami might be under-bounty'd?
-So far, Oda has given the battles of this arc to non-sh members... Why?

OP continually saves the manga week.

ACt 10-24-2012 09:59 AM

That was better action. Far more directed. To be honest, the previous few chapters have felt far to overloaded that I just couldn't get into them. Like the plot was a plate of dinner thrown on the wall to see what stuck. Won't be surprised when I don't remember some of the set up.

Saddened that Nami didn't use her cold nipples to cut her way out of that snow trap. ;)

Zoro and Tashigi about to team up. Should end in sex but they'll probably get mad first and just argue. Wonder if they'll ever follow up with a fight sometime. Definitely unfinished business.

kluang 10-24-2012 10:59 AM

nice chap.

Tmoore 10-25-2012 03:59 PM

to be honest it seems like zoro isnt trying

Senkradlol 10-26-2012 04:20 AM

A lot of build up the past couple weeks. Still digging though.

Also,
I thought caribu's brother died when they sunk his ship ?.?

apacolypz 10-26-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senkradlol (Post 2129010)
A lot of build up the past couple weeks. Still digging though.

Also,
I thought caribu's brother died when they sunk his ship ?.?

No he has been chasing after him since they got beat and split up by the SH's on their way to FMI. The entire time since FMI Jimbei has been taking him to the G-5 headquarters. Finally there the lieutenant or whatever his name (only indicated by one chapter and chapter covers) has him set to blaze on a pole lol. I am sure this is only the start to his torture and knowing Oda they will face off with the SH's in the new world...

Senkradlol 10-26-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apacolypz (Post 2129020)
No he has been chasing after him since they got beat and split up by the SH's on their way to FMI. The entire time since FMI Jimbei has been taking him to the G-5 headquarters. Finally there the lieutenant or whatever his name (only indicated by one chapter and chapter covers) has him set to blaze on a pole lol. I am sure this is only the start to his torture and knowing Oda they will face off with the SH's in the new world...

Yeah I know he's been on the cover pages for some time..but I mean they sank their ship under water..and they floated up like jelly fish :confused:

Pritha 10-26-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senkradlol (Post 2129200)
Yeah I know he's been on the cover pages for some time..but I mean they sank their ship under water..and they floated up like jelly fish :confused:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...58/c605/6.html

Senkradlol 10-27-2012 02:37 PM

So how is he alive lol? Shouldn't they have been down far enough to where they would have drown?