Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   World News (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=204694)

kluang 10-24-2012 01:14 PM

Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fantasy-slu...5#.UIghP4b4L79

Quote:

A top-tier California high school informed parents of a "Fantasy Slut League" in which male students "drafted" female students and earned points for sexual encounters.

The sex game was brought to the attention of officials at Piedmont High School in Piedmont, Calif., who launched an investigation earlier this month. The school is known for ranking in the top handful of the state's schools in standardized tests.

In a letter to parents, Principal Rich Kitchens described a ritual "in which our female students (unbeknownst to most of them) are drafted as part of the league...Male students earn points for documented engagement in sexual activities with female students," according to ABC News affiliate KGO-TV.

Many students, both male and female, knew about the league and participated either willingly or because of social pressures, Kitchens wrote.

The principal said the "league" revolved around varsity team players and had been around for years.

"The revelation that students expressed concern that the fallout could result in discipline and affect their college applications suggests an understanding by students that there is something wrong with the 'Fantasy Slut League,'" Kitchens wrote in the letter.

The Piedmont High School and officials from the school's district did not return ABC News' phone calls and messages.

The school is planning assemblies and hopes the letter will create a discussion, assistant superintendent Randall Booker told KGO.

"It always comes back to how do we educate students and to have further conversations with the community," he said.
Oh America, you never ceased to amazed me.

more fun than fantasy football

LonelyNinja 10-24-2012 02:54 PM

Re: Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School

Man, why couldn't I have gone to schools like these?

jekyl_hyde 10-24-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyNinja (Post 2128793)
Man, why couldn't I have gone to schools like these?

It's not fun going to high school, when just about half of the female population in your class has some form of STD.

Mal 10-24-2012 11:34 PM

Why is there so much concern about the league, but seemingly none about the girls that made it possible?

Miburo 10-25-2012 02:01 AM

Fucking gross.

Now, a middle school fantasy slut league...

ACt 10-25-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 2128852)
Why is there so much concern about the league, but seemingly none about the girls that made it possible?

Because most of them were in the league without their knowledge, meaning the boys in this story were deliberately targeting (and probably being egged on to) certain girls for sex simply to accrue points in a game.

Teenage promiscuity is one problem that needs to be addressed on certain levels. But those turning it into the game, cheapening the whole idea of relations between the sexes where the girls are simply to be attained and "won" for the sake of "points" is just disgusting behaviour. How do you respect someone who's just an acheivement?

emachina 10-25-2012 07:26 AM

So a bunch of sports players in high school, tried to have sex with lots of different girls, got congratulated by their peers if they accomplished this, and kids in school knew about these jocks having sex and went along because of peer pressure?

How is this fucking news?

Hey, STOP THE PRESSES! New headline: "Men in Bars Try to get Laid, Other Men Congratulate When They Do! Many are Accompanied by Accomplices Dubbed Wingman"!

Mal 10-25-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACt (Post 2128880)
Because most of them were in the league without their knowledge, meaning the boys in this story were deliberately targeting (and probably being egged on to) certain girls for sex simply to accrue points in a game.

Teenage promiscuity is one problem that needs to be addressed on certain levels. But those turning it into the game, cheapening the whole idea of relations between the sexes where the girls are simply to be attained and "won" for the sake of "points" is just disgusting behaviour. How do you respect someone who's just an acheivement?

That all happens either way to some extent at least, this group just formalized it.

ACt 10-25-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal (Post 2128890)
That all happens either way to some extent at least, this group just formalized it.

Except that it adds a level of necessity. The competition aspect turns what may happen anyway into a driven need. A guy won't take a rejection as easily if he's motivated by this "league." Also, it further objectifies the girls in to just warm sacks to be tallied.

Seriously, the "why is this news" crowd - this is news because it is demonstrating the level of mindless depravity that our teens are getting up to. The male community in high school is legitimizing the "woman as objects" with these sorts of clubs. This is not the same as scoring at the club and being congratulated. It is a "league" designed to target and sleep with specific women. Do you honestly believe this is a "hey, lets have sex." "Okay!" type of interaction? It is a step short of predation and should not be considered normal. That we say "oh well, boys will be boys" to this is a sickening aspect of our culture.

Mal 10-26-2012 05:09 AM

One of the comments: "Kitchens is incorrect. You score points for when the girls hook up with people. All FSL ever did was document the hookups that a girl had that became common knowledge. The only difference between this and any other high school is that there was a point system set up by some guys on activity that was already common knowledge.Really? Sending a reporter to a girls soccer practice? Get a life. Do some real journalism."

This explanation makes much more sense for the term "fantasy league."

However, the existing discussion: I apologize, my last comment was typed on my phone in haste and I really did not say what I meant. I am not saying "boys will be boys," just that the lack of any comment at all on the girls', unintentional though enabling, involvement seems strange. Then again, my view of sex is admittedly more conservative than most.

OG 10-26-2012 01:36 PM

Piedmont is full of rich kids. Does anymore need to be said?