Fandom Forums

Fandom Forums (http://www.fandom.com/forums//index.php)
-   One Piece Manga (http://www.fandom.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   One piece_687 (http://www.fandom.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205105)

apacolypz 10-30-2012 05:19 AM

One piece_687

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687

Zoro was just too strong for Monet..and honestly...Tashigi got lucky to get out of that situation alive. I honestly also was expecting a little more from Monet. This fight was too fast and not enough highlights...that was pretty much it..Zoro not even using his Haki beat Monet just to let Tashigi get te finishing blow.

Dagoro 10-30-2012 05:58 AM

Re: One piece_687

The fight was ok, the way Zoro went about it was interesting though completely overwhelming Monet mentally like that. I was surprised to see Tashigi using Soru, but she still sucks.

J-man123 10-30-2012 06:08 AM

I think iv finally hit rock bottom that the first thing i do when i wake up is chek this forum to see if a manga chap has come out

Dagoro 10-30-2012 06:12 AM

There is a down side to this chapter, we will have to wait even more to see Zoro in a real fight.

apacolypz 10-30-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2129644)
There is a down side to this chapter, we will have to wait even more to see Zoro in a real fight.

I am actually quite upset...Sanji was pretty much downgraded in his fight and also Zoro...we have to see them in the New World..then I am sure Oda won't disappoint us. I was really hoping to see a combined Haki move from both Tashigi and Zoro or just a new move from Zoro in general...hopefully he will undergo some new training..seems too much like Hawkeye these days

Dagoro 10-30-2012 06:23 AM

I don't agree with them being downgraded. Vergo is a beast and Zoro proved that if he wanted he could have taken down Monet with little effort from the start.

PH is a huge set up arc in my opinion, similar to W7. The SHs first serious opponent will probably be Dofla and his crew, but there should be a pit stop in wano first.

apacolypz 10-30-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2129646)
I don't agree with them being downgraded. Vergo is a beast and Zoro proved that if he wanted he could have taken down Monet with little effort from the start.

PH is a huge set up arc in my opinion, similar to W7. The SHs first serious opponent will probably be Dofla and his crew, but there should be a pit stop in wano first.

Totally agreed, Wano to return Fire Fist and son...maybe will get a little relief arc..and then on to the new world..I don't think CC will die, he will get away and tell Dofla what went down. Vergo is going down...I kinda see that...I also could see Dofla killing off CC because he failed him..Sinister shit is coming, as they say Winter is coming lol. I think Dofla in the new world will be a huge arc but one thing that has me pickled is just who will get taken down first...Dofla and his crew then Big Mom, or Sh's and Law's crew join forces to take on Big Ma'am after they beat Dofla's crew, get hurt, healed and end up facing off against Mom's crew for retaliation for what they did on FMI. anyhoo yeah Dagaro set up arc indeed and shit is about to hit a big fan...soon

Dagoro 10-30-2012 06:53 AM

Gotta mention the cover page, Caribou sucks so much ass.

apacolypz 10-30-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoro (Post 2129649)
Gotta mention the cover page, Caribou sucks so much ass.

Yeah good way to ditch your brother..also NOTE* The Lieutenant for the G-5 seems pretty capable of beating up some trash lol

Dagoro 10-30-2012 08:21 AM

This panel is really beautiful, great art on Oda's part.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687/16

The shading on Zoro, the expressions on Monet and Tashigi, everything was great. Zoro deserves no less.

op101 10-30-2012 08:29 AM

This whole "frozen in fear" scenario...possibility of Zoro having Conqueror's? Or just due to the sheer difference in skill level?

Liked the chapter as a whole. Wish Tashigi packed a bit more punch though.

Gakure 10-30-2012 08:58 AM

Gruesome, was what I thought until the 'no haki' scene. Man, I was hoping for that. Monet frozen from Zoro's sheer killing intent. Very concise, but interesting chapter for Zoro fans. Dude has still to show what he really got.

NeoKakarott023 10-30-2012 09:17 AM

Zoro is a Boss, period, without trying. Thats one of the best things about the SH's, they're not even at 50% of what they'll be by the end.... they're at the point where Goku goes SS2 freely, just before he grew his hair and went to 3. Remember they're was some fusion and 4 after that, this will be a ride I will thorougly enjoy. For those whom dug Thriller Bark, though I didn't like the 'theme', and I knew it was necessary for the Brook part, after looking again, they had some hellacious battles, and characters had balls the size of Earths at the end (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji).

Pritha 10-30-2012 02:26 PM

Just as i pointed out before, Zoro is too good.
Anyways as prev said SH's are using only 50% of their strength. They havent been tested to their full limit like the CP9's. I still hope Dofla comes to complete this arc. It would be great.

Note: did anyone notice tashigi is fighting without her glasses? Just pointing it out

bladechronicles 10-31-2012 08:20 AM

One Piece Chapter 687 Review: Monet Defeated?!!

Link to the review itself--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y50NdBe1CA
This chapter was fairly good. The Tashigi and Monet fight could've been better. Really like how Oda shows that when it comes to knowing Zoro, Sanji's the best which further develops their relationship as rivals/friends.